Wonder Woman vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XiiX

Wonder Woman

VS

Thanos

-Wonder Woman has access to all of her standard equipment(lasso, tiara, etc.)

-Thanos can only rely on physical offense(no tech or cosmic power)

Who wins?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Wonder Woman.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Frozen said:

Wonder Woman.

Tell me how Wonder Woman wins. And don't say speed-blitz, because i'm tired of hearing that argument from people. Wonder Woman is a physically weaker than Thanos. Thanos was able to hold his own with a Power Gem Warrior Madness Thor. He was even enjoying the fight a lot. He killed Silver Surfer with brute force, by punching him 4 times. Stomped Hulk, and the Avengers with it too. Thanos stomps, unless you can prove otherwise.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By blackadamFTW

Thanos.

blackpanther1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blackpanther1

Thanos is a better at H2H but you are giving him his hands vs All of Wonder womans standard equipment. Maybe with prep thanos can win but. with out it it a pretty unfair battle

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@blackpanther1 said:

Thanos is a better at H2H but you are giving him his hands vs All of Wonder womans standard equipment. Maybe with prep thanos can win but. with out it it a pretty unfair battle

Explain to me why Thanos is better at h2h.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Saren

@jeanroygrant said:

Thanos was able to hold his own with a Power Gem Warrior Madness Thor. He was even enjoying the fight a lot.

Yeah, he held his own and enjoyed the fight so much that he had to leave halfway through and come back with a plot gun to beat Thor.

He killed Silver Surfer with brute force, by punching him 4 times.

Splitting hairs, but it was seven times.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jeanroygrant said:

@Frozen said:

Wonder Woman.

Tell me how Wonder Woman wins. And don't say speed-blitz, because i'm tired of hearing that argument from people. Wonder Woman is a physically weaker than Thanos. Thanos was able to hold his own with a Power Gem Warrior Madness Thor. He was even enjoying the fight a lot. He killed Silver Surfer with brute force, by punching him 4 times. Stomped Hulk, and the Avengers with it too. Thanos stomps, unless you can prove otherwise.

Thanos can win if he uses his other abilities, but if you read the OP it says he can only use his physical offense. How exactly is he stronger? What strength feats does he have? And killing SS and beating Thor, you sure that's not out of context? Hulk actually fought a Warrior Madness Thor but it's quickly claimed to be PIS. Wonder Woman is stronger, faster and a better fighter. Not only is she a better fighter but she has access to all of her standard equipment.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XiiX

@Frozen: *When he killed Surfer, Surfer basically stood there and let him wail on him. He didn't use any of his dozen or so abilities, or supposedly micro-second reactionary speed. Surfer has also nearly killed Thanos. Just pointing that out*

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@XiiX said:

@Frozen: *When he killed Surfer, Surfer basically stood there and let him wail on him. He didn't use any of his dozen or so abilities, or supposedly micro-second reactionary speed. Surfer has also nearly killed Thanos. Just pointing that out*

Thanks for that. This is exactly what I mean, his feats can be taken out of context.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XiiX

@Frozen: No problem, and I agree. Whenever it's come to Thanos the writers seem to forget that Silver Surfer can do anything besides fire energy-blasts and get punched in the face(except for that time where he almost killed him).

imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By imbackwimps

Thanos wins easy make wonder woman his love slave

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

@XiiX: I've heard there was a time when Surfer almost killed Thanos, do you know which issue that was?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XiiX

@CitizenBane: No, I don't. Morpheus_ is the one who told me about it. Ask him.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By laflux
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By XiiX

@laflux: Different stipulations.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By XiiX

*To all who care to take notice since Surfer is so constantly mentioned as Thanos' inferior*

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@XiiX: That was a mental duel.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XiiX

@CitizenBane: I know. All the same, he did almost kill him. That's what I was referring to in regards to the notion of Thanos being Surfer's superior in every case.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Isn't this a duplicate? The other one was locked.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By XiiX

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: No. Different rules.

blackpanther1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blackpanther1

@Frozen: :I think he had more years of experince since he is older than Wonder woman, He has traded blows with hulk but it is my opinion that's what i think i think he is better at H2h you can think other wise i really don't care

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@XiiX: Oh, I see.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@blackpanther1 said:

@Frozen: :I think he had more years of experince since he is older than Wonder woman, He has traded blows with hulk but it is my opinion that's what i think i think he is better at H2h you can think other wise i really don't care

So? Does he actually train in fighting like Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman is a trained fighter.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XiiX

@Frozen: He's said to have trained Gamora(considered the "deadliest woman in the universe", or something like that). But as far as actual hand to hand feats go, he has almost none to speak of. Some would mention his bout with Champion, but he did that with a combination of tech and outwitting him(side-stepping him and pulling his hair, notably). Besides, that wouldn't put him anywhere near the consistency of Wonder Woman.

I thought the match would be interesting because so many think he outclasses her in physical might, though.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@blackadamFTW said:

Thanos.

blackpanther1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blackpanther1

@Frozen:He is trained enough to take on all of Galactus's bot by himself than later going on to give galactus a hell of a fight.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeanroygrant

@CitizenBane said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thanos was able to hold his own with a Power Gem Warrior Madness Thor. He was even enjoying the fight a lot.

Yeah, he held his own and enjoyed the fight so much that he had to leave halfway through and come back with a plot gun to beat Thor.

He killed Silver Surfer with brute force, by punching him 4 times.

Splitting hairs, but it was seven times.

Doesn't matter he still lasted quite a while.

@Frozen said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Frozen said:

Wonder Woman.

Thanos can win if he uses his other abilities, but if you read the OP it says he can only use his physical offense. How exactly is he stronger? What strength feats does he have? And killing SS and beating Thor, you sure that's not out of context? Hulk actually fought a Warrior Madness Thor but it's quickly claimed to be PIS. Wonder Woman is stronger, faster and a better fighter. Not only is she a better fighter but she has access to all of her standard equipment.

Wonder Womaan stronger than Thanos physically? Wonder Woman is really overrating now, you guys piss me off with her. Jeeez

Thanos punching Captain Mar-Vell from the moon to earth.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/237/85157929fi8.jpg/

Out-muscling Hulk, Thing, Quasar, Hercules, & Thor.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/53/thanospwns0tg.gif/

Kills Silver Surfer in 7 punches.

Thanos VS Champion with Power Gem

Thanos VS Depowered Tyrant ( Who beat the whole Anihaltors easily alone. )

Thanos VS Warrior Madness Power Gem Thor

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngryHulks

Thanos, even few minutes of planning is enough for him.

He don't have lifting or pulling feat, but that doesn't mean he lacks a punching strength.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Saren

@jeanroygrant said:

Which issue is this from? The art is from long after Mar-Vell died and I don't remember any of their fights going like this if it's supposed to be a retelling.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By laflux

@XiiX: Oh my bad. Thanos still wins cause wonder-woman is new 52

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Killemall

@Frozen said:

@XiiX said:

Thanks for that. This is exactly what I mean, his feats can be taken out of context.

Granted the Surfer feat was out of context, and it clearly is because Silver Surfer went to Thanos during Cosmic Power Unlimited 1 to ask for his help, while thanos just attacked him and left him almost close to death. That being said Silver Surfer hasnt even manage to hurt Thanos substantially let alone nearly killing him. The only time Silver Surfer beat Thanos was when they fought in the astral plane thanks to Dr. Strange where neither had access to any powers whatsoever. When thanos has his powers, surfer's blast cant even harm him let alone beat him.

Fighting feat, Thanos has beaten the classic version of Drax the Destroyer who was strong enough to rip the core of a star. Even in the said battle where Drax lost, the whole planet was destroyed. Wonder Woman doesnt have a feat to put her at planetary level, while Thanos beat a guy in pure h2h who was planetary level. Seems to me he's stronger and after that Thanos has had 3 power boosts.

Wonder woman however is faster and more skilled, but Thanos is too goddam durable for her to be able to dish out any serious damage (and i have for the love of god no one is going to post the out of context scan of Gamora drawing blood from Thanos and then herself admitting she cant even harm him).

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeanroygrant

@CitizenBane said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Which issue is this from? The art is from long after Mar-Vell died and I don't remember any of their fights going like this if it's supposed to be a retelling.

I don't remember.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thats from Marvel Adventures, i do remember reading the issue cant point out which one it is. Arent they considered cannon?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Killemall said:

@Frozen said:

@XiiX said:

Granted the Surfer feat was out of context, and it clearly is because Silver Surfer went to Thanos during Cosmic Power Unlimited 1 to ask for his help, while thanos just attacked him and left him almost close to death. That being said Silver Surfer hasnt even manage to hurt Thanos substantially let alone nearly killing him. The only time Silver Surfer beat Thanos was when they fought in the astral plane thanks to Dr. Strange where neither had access to any powers whatsoever. When thanos has his powers, surfer's blast cant even harm him let alone beat him.

Fighting feat, Thanos has beaten the classic version of Drax the Destroyer who was strong enough to rip the core of a star. Even in the said battle where Drax lost, the whole planet was destroyed. Wonder Woman doesnt have a feat to put her at planetary level, while Thanos beat a guy in pure h2h who was planetary level. Seems to me he's stronger and after that Thanos has had 3 power boosts.

Wonder woman however is faster and more skilled, but Thanos is too goddam durable for her to be able to dish out any serious damage (and i have for the love of god no one is going to post the out of context scan of Gamora drawing blood from Thanos and then herself admitting she cant even harm him).

This is what i was trying to say, Wonder Woman is outclassed her.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Saren

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thats from Marvel Adventures, i do remember reading the issue cant point out which one it is. Arent they considered cannon?

Marvel Adventures is not a canon series, it has no relation to the 616 universe. I was wondering when that fight happened because I don't remember any of Mar-Vell's fights with Thanos in the 616 universe going down like that.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By XiiX

@Killemall: In all fairness, that's all Surfer ever does is "blast" him. People so often and heavily favor Surfer against the like of Superman and other heavy-hitters because of his versatility, but when it comes to Thanos he either just shoots him with an energy-blast, or stands there and gets punched in the face(as opposed to going intangible, altering his density, etc). Thanos has an outstanding track record as far as tanking energy-based offense, so for Surfer to mostly use that against him is.....dumb.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AngryHulks

@XiiX said:

@Killemall: In all fairness, that's all Surfer ever does is "blast" him. People so often and heavily favor Surfer against the like of Superman and other heavy-hitters because of his versatility, but when it comes to Thanos he either just shoots him with an energy-blast, or stands there and gets punched in the face(as opposed to going intangible, altering his density, etc). Thanos has an outstanding track record as far as tanking energy-based offense, so for Surfer to mostly use that against him is.....dumb.

Well, but Silver Surfer is very durable naturally. He tanked Supernova explosion, flies into the core of the star several times, capable of shrugging off his own planet explosion caused by himself and hang around black hole as if it didn't exist.

If Thanos can do that to anyone with that type of durability without any sort of amping, he is insanely strong. He have held his own against Power Gem users as well.

I don't know if Wonder Woman ever hang around in the core of the star (like Thor and Surfer) or not.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Killemall

@XiiX said:

Well thats how surfer fights anyways, although surfer's blast at their best have destroyed planets so its still impressive. But to think of it people just used energy attack against Thanos most often, knowing that Odin couldnt KO him in a stretch battle after which he has got 2 amps but thats who they write him anyways.

I find it hard to believe he's vulnerable to physical force either, because of the whole Drax's thingy and to think of it if Thanos was really vulnerable to phyiscal attack surely one of his nemesis would know about it. Speed is the only thing Thanos doesnt have feats on, but Marvel puts him at class 7 in speed (that could be because of his teleportation but since he has never been blitz before apart from runner with space gem which is infinite speed anyways so shouldnt count) he probably is no slouch either.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By XiiX

@AngryHulks: I'm not terribly familiar with the character, but from what I've seen(while his durability is great) Surfer is by no means immune to physical offense. Often characters show a greater resiliency to one type of damage to another. Overall, I can't say for certain though. I believe he's been harmed by Thor before, who by no means hits with the power of a "supernova" on any regular basis.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins. Funny how this thread opens after the other Thanos vs WW thread was locked. Not mention how badly WW seemed to lose that thread. Nerfing Thanos so WW has a chance. Doesn't matter Thanos still wins to intelligent, strong and durable for WW.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngryHulks

@XiiX: Thanos does have a lot of durability against physical force. The high-end one was holding his own against Power Gem users, such as Thor (with Warrior's Madness), Champion, and Drax (who without it, can already destroy a star and naturally designed to kill Thanos). He did show that he is capable of overpowering multiple Earth-based superheroes a lot by nothing but his own muscles.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By XiiX

@AngryHulks: I know of the instance with a power-gem wielding Thor, which was impressive. I don't remember Champion actually landing a hit on him, which would render that situation void as far as a durability showing. Drax I can't comment on because I'm not familiar with which particular bouts you're referencing. Lastly, I know of him holding his own against earth's heroes(he is a team-buster after all).

I'm not saying his durability to physical damage isn't great, but there's a difference between tanking shots from Drax and tanking blasts from Odin wielding Gungnir(and giving the expression of being perturbed).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By laflux

IN AFTER LOCK!!!!!!!!

In case your wondering Vance locked the original Wonder-woman vs Thanos thread with the the phrase wonder-woman wins. I respect Vance and all, but I really feel that in a battle his vote usually goes against Thanos rather than for the character in question.

Just sayin

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pooty

@XiiX: I see what you're saying. His energy durability has been tested to a higher degree then his physical durability. That is true. Personally, i don't think WW can hit too much harder than Thor and Thanos has taken a surprise shot from Mjolnir and was completely unfazed. If he can keep up with WW speed, i think he can take her

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By XiiX

@pooty: Nice breakdown.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AngryHulks

If Thanos relies on his durability all the way, then here is one possible way the battle could go --

Wonder Woman speedblitz Thanos, landing numerous punch on him in less than a second, but Thanos survived the blitz, which bewildered Wonder Woman, that's when Thanos could land a hit on her.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pooty

@AngryHulks: If not stated then everyone is in character. Meaning WW won't blitz and WW will want to fight. She is a warrior. She will try to fight him using her strength and skill......that is the warriors way. If Thanos was threatening children, i could see her speed blitz. but in a one on one fight, WW want to see who is the better warrior.

@XiiX: Thanks

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@laflux said:

@Vance Astro:

IN AFTER LOCK!!!!!!!!

In case your wondering Vance locked the original Wonder-woman vs Thanos thread with the the phrase wonder-woman wins. I respect Vance and all, but I really feel that in a battle his vote usually goes against Thanos rather than for the character in question.

Just sayin

Actually I didn't lock the original thread and why you keep bringing my name up in threads i'm not posting in is beyond me.
NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NerdsFTW

@blackadamFTW said:

Thanos.