Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By supermandefender

Superman wins. He will still over power her anytime he wants. But combat wise WW has him. IF Supes fights with her she will out class him but if Superman flat out over powers her she cant win.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theicon

supes

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By A_O_N

Why are you doing this other than to be sexist?

flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flamingmuffin
@A_O_N: 1.how is it sexist?
2. Im not being sexist, i thought it would be an interesting fight.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By nefarious

Superman wins here.

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By A_O_N

It's putting down the strongest female character for no good reason. Superman has used WW enough times recently to make himself look better; and WW should be his equal.

But to participate I would say WW has a decent chance of retaliating and coming out on top. It probably depends on what day of the week this match is thrown down, so to speak.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Really?

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By supermandefender
@A_O_N:   O_O; you are ready to much into this combat forums lol.

WW kicks alot of ass she beats alot of guy characters easily. This is a judgement of powers and Superman like other beings is more powerful. If it was Galactus or Silver Surfer vs WW the result would problly be the same.
The phoenix has jean grey though would beat Superman and she is a woman??? So..... U have no reason 2 attack this guy. Id apologize if I was u but thats your choice.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Pokeysteve

I think Wonder Woman has an excellent chance here. Not sure what she would do with the shield though. Taking away some of Supes speed should help her out. She's already shown to be capable of hurting him when he was at full power. 

Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaiyan

Wonder Woman stomps, she has defeated a bloodlusted Superman a number of times, even beat around a hybrid of Supes and Doomsday. A fight with Wonder Woman vs Superman is very close anyway

Giving her Cap's shield and forcing Superman to half his speed makes this a stomp

g)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget
@Zaiyan: If you actually posted the rest of the scans involving bloodlusted Superman, you can see that Wonder woman was severely in danger and near death in the fight where Cerci controlled Superman. Yes, Wonder woman is no pushover but Superman has shown to be superior to her in strength and speed. Diana definitely outclasses him in fighting skill/speed.
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kadeem

Under normal conditions they are pretty closely matched, but under the conditions of the OP this is a stomp in Diana's favor.

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By supermandefender

Agreed. If Superman fights her at her game he will lose because she is more skilled. But Superman should  win by over powering her.  She does have some magical items that can hurt him though so if she is trying to kill him and Supes is not trying to defeat her then I can see her winning a fight there. Besides that Superman should win here.

Captains shield I think just gets in her way. WW has magical items that can hurt or effect Superman. CA Sheild has nothing. It would do nothing to Superman.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kadeem
@supermandefender: That shield would hurt Supes like hell if Diana was the muscle swinging it at him.  I think we should also take into account that Diana is a superior tactician.
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By flamingmuffin
@supermandefender: it can take in some powerful punches from him, she can put that shield to good use with her skills
Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zaiyan

Cap's shield would be a huge advantage, not only is it indestructible and perfect for blocking its also a good offensive weapon. You can use the side of the shield (the sharp edge) to cut. Wonder Woman already has strength near Superman, using the sharp side of the shield now you have given her the cutting power of Adamantium claws

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By sa5m

The Superman =)

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lantian1

You do know the only reason piercing or slashing weapons have any effect on superman is if they are kryptonite or magic

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kadeem
@lantian1 said:
" You do know the only reason piercing or slashing weapons have any effect on superman is if they are kryptonite or magic "
Agreed, but blunt force is still blunt force.  If Diana can hurt him with her bare hands, a blow from her with a vibranium shield will definitely do the job.
lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lantian1

Can she actually hit him hard enough, does she have strength equal to someone like Doomsday?

And does she possess a magic item that could out right kill him. I know her tiara can cut him but with the speed he heals that would be negligible.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kadeem
@lantian1: Superman is stronger than Wonder Woman, but not by much. Earlier there were panels showing past confrontations the two have had.  Diana is by no means slow either.  Here is her out running Jesse Quick faster than light.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@kadeem said:
" @lantian1 said:
" You do know the only reason piercing or slashing weapons have any effect on superman is if they are kryptonite or magic "
Agreed, but blunt force is still blunt force.  If Diana can hurt him with her bare hands, a blow from her with a vibranium shield will definitely do the job. "
Thats what I was thinking too. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
I think under normal circumstances Wonder Woman would go down, but with her items and Cap's shield she will bring the pain. 
Although, not sure how well Caps shield will hold up against his heat vision. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

If Supes didn't go my morals in the fight and was blood lusted it would end like this, that is if she didn't have all her equipment. 

No Caption Provided

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By A_O_N
@lantian1: WW's sword has some sort of magical properties. Superman got a cut from touching it.
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#25  Edited By RazzaTazz

I am a big WW fan, but I dont see how Diana could beat him. 
lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lantian1
@A_O_N: Wonder Woman's sword isn't her normal equipment

Tiara
Bracelets and Lasso are what she normally carries
A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By A_O_N
@lantian1: Ok I was just wondering if you knew about it  =P
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Static Shock

@OmegaDynasty:

I need to address some of your scans.

The scan with Ultimate Cap pummeling Ultimate Hulk doesn't show for much. Ultimate Cap has an adamantium shield, not a vibranium/iron alloy shield.

The scan of Bizarro pummeling Superman is out of continuity. It was from an Elseworlds mini series. Superman has gone bloodlusted against Wonder Woman twice, and he was never able to beat her into unconsciousness like that.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

@kadeem: Wonder Woman is showcasing faster-than-light speed there. But, that only pertains to the speed of her flight. She doesn't move that fast in battle.

@flamingmuffin: Off-topic.
 For future reference, I'd like to point out that Wonder Woman wasn't depowered at all. Her character was retconned is all. She's still one of the most powerful beings on Earth, which was stated in Generation Lost #24

@Zaiyan:

Some of your scans are misinterpreted. Wonder Woman has never beaten a bloodlusted Superman. In the fight where she threw her tiara at him, Superman stopped fighting because Max Lord released his telepathic hold on him. This is implied in the scan you posted, where Wonder Woman says 'This ends here, this ends now. Release him.' Max Lord then says, 'Fine.' Superman stops the fight after that. There wasn't a clear winner.

The Superman/Doomsday hybrid was actually Superman, but enchanted by Circe's spell. Let me start off by saying that you didn't even post the whole fight, and even though she went the distance with him, she was still being dominated. She had to use her lasso to lift the spell from him, anyway. It's not like she beat him into submission, something that she wasn't able to do. Not a clear win, either.

Your next scan features Pre-Crisis versions of both Superman and Wonder Woman. Both of them are no longer in continuity, and Superman wasn't even trying to fight her there. Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman was also weaker than her Post-Crisis counterpart.

The next scan was a mock fight. Superman and Wonder Woman staged that fight in front of Darkseid. That hardly counts for anything.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By HolySerpent
@supermandefender said:
" Superman wins. He will still over power her anytime he wants. But combat wise WW has him. IF Supes fights with her she will out class him but if Superman flat out over powers her she cant win. "
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock

I still think Superman would win, despite the shield. Lowering his speed to half the speed of light is pointless because his battle speed isn't that high, and yet, he's still considerably fast in battle (equal to or more so than Wonder Woman). She's already tried to fight him with a shield and dagger in the For Tomorrow arc, and he still dominated her without trying. She wouldn't even know of the shield's capabilities or use it in the same manner that Captain America does, so she would use it as a regular shield, nonetheless.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock:

Which fight has the Superman Donkey Punch? Or what story arc? My stepsister doesn't believe me that is canon. I just got into DC.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33  Edited By Pokeysteve
@supermandefender said:
" Agreed. If Superman fights her at her game he will lose because she is more skilled. But Superman should  win by over powering her.  She does have some magical items that can hurt him though so if she is trying to kill him and Supes is not trying to defeat her then I can see her winning a fight there. Besides that Superman should win here. Captains shield I think just gets in her way. WW has magical items that can hurt or effect Superman. CA Sheild has nothing. It would do nothing to Superman. "
Wonder Woman IS a magical item. She exists because of it. Like Captain Marvel. 

@Zaiyan said:
" Cap's shield would be a huge advantage, not only is it indestructible and perfect for blocking its also a good offensive weapon. You can use the side of the shield (the sharp edge) to cut. Wonder Woman already has strength near Superman, using the sharp side of the shield now you have given her the cutting power of Adamantium claws "
The shield is indestructible in the Marvel U. but who's to say Superman or even Wonder Woman couldn't crumple it up. On that same note how do we know Adamantium or even Vibranium can cut Superman? I agree with those who say the shield is useless and will just be in the way. She has her bracelets which are far more useful to her than the shield. Cap would definitely do better with the shield. He'd also look pretty silly in the bracelets =D
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Kallarkz
While the shield i admit would give W.W a huge advantage on top of the fact that with her Amazon training she would be able to use it most effectively) I think that Superman would still take this.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By PowerHerc

Superman wins.  Even with the shield WW can't beat Superman.
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By alcoholbob

Agreed with the speed thing. Superman can go in a straight line fast but he's never been particularly dextrous in battle. Limiting his travel speed isn't going to effect the course of the battle.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock
@FortressoftheMoon said:
"Which fight has the Superman Donkey Punch? Or what story arc? My stepsister doesn't believe me that is canon. I just got into DC."
I think that was from the Tenth Circle story arc in JLA, where Superman was brainwashed. It's definitely canon.

flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By flamingmuffin

i cut his speed because of blitzing. i know travel speed isnt combat speed

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Batcrow

Batman has stated that Wonder Woman is faster at least as far as reflexes are concerned. Can I ask you guys how you think Superman is gonna beat Diana? When I personally picture it, I see his heat vision and punches being countered or blocked with the bracelets, esp. since she has superior fighting skills. If Diana were bloodlusted, she'd wrap his lasso around his eyes to block his sight and heat vision since it's indestructible. They don't have a huge difference in strength, so where does the over-powering come from? Just out of curiosity, can someone please show me clear, in-canon, instances of him showing considerably superior strength? 'Cause the secret Max files list them both in the same class of strength (A1).  
It's cool that you guys realise that WW is no slouch, but even after that, when someone just says "I don't care, Supes wins anyway" makes me feel that you guys are ignoring WW's feats. If you do think that he really is gonna win, then please show me why. Everytime I hear that, I never learn anything new about Superman's power other than that he has some pretty strong fans.. :-/

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Batcrow

PS. She's got this.. 

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jojjimbo

I'm gonna go with Superman in a very close fight.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By dernman

Without the shield I say superman. With the shield I don't know.

The shield isn't vibranium. It' a vibranium/adamantium mix with some chemical compound thrown in for the hell of it.

I never understood how vibranium could hurt someone. It's suppose  to absorb kinetic energy of whatever hit's it but shouldn't it absorb the kinetic energy of whatever it hits.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By EpitomeofCool

she dosnt really need the shield when she has her bracelets.....

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Killemall
@flamingmuffin: the thing with WW and Superman is, in my opinion, supes is more powerful but WW is more skilled when it comes to fighting, :) but i suppose at the end of the day Supes is too powerful and too versatile for WW to take on!
venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By venomyak

wonder woman uses this to stop superman in his tracks

intothetempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By intothetempest

Wonder Woman. Under normal circumstances he barely edges her out. At half his speed and her extra use of a shield, her skills and strength will win the day. Of course I am a little bias but I think the facts of their previous encounters speak for themselves 

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MKF30

Superman

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman obviously.

TERMINATOR---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TERMINATOR---

superman. nobody can beat him.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

@TERMINATOR_FAN said:

superman. nobody can beat him.

He's been beaten before. By Doomsday. By Atlas. There's probably more examples than that.

@Dernman said:

The shield isn't vibranium. It' a vibranium/adamantium mix with some chemical compound thrown in for the hell of it.

Actually, the shield is a mixture of vibranium and iron, along with an unknown catalyst. Adamantium was made as a result of trying to recreate the shield's properties.