Wonder Woman vs Ra's al-Ghul

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_red_viper  Moderator

Sword fight. No prep. Wonder Woman is depowered of course. Win by death, KO or incapitation. In character.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW.

Jmarshmallow

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jwwprod

Wonder Woman.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WarBlade539

To quote @sc:- "Changing a characters powers would just generally screw with a characters head. Its like if a normal dude woke up tomorrow and had a baby's strength."

Wonder Woman will have immense difficulty trying to adjust to the loss of her powers and this gives Ra's a healthy chance to pull out a victory over the sexy Amazonian.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XiiX

Probably Wonder Woman. For someone who's been at it the better part of a millenium, Ra's is pretty pathetic at fighting.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

To quote @sc:- "Changing a characters powers would just generally screw with a characters head. Its like if a normal dude woke up tomorrow and had a baby's strength."

Wonder Woman will have immense difficulty trying to adjust to the loss of her powers and this gives Ra's a healthy chance to pull out a victory over the sexy Amazonian.

The sexy Amazon HAS been depowered before, and she can fight pretty well while depowered.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999 said:

The sexy Amazon HAS been depowered before, and she can fight pretty well while depowered.

Oh. Would you care to provide some scans? Not saying that I don't believe you just wanna see for myself.

xcell777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

Probably Wonder Woman. For someone who's been at it the better part of a millenium, Ra's is pretty pathetic at fighting.

What makes you believe this?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@darkazrael999 said:

Oh. Would you care to provide some scans? Not saying that I don't believe you just wanna see for myself.

It's mostly beating fodder, but brutally beating them nontheless lol...

No Caption Provided

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Ra's with one hand tied behind his back. The guy more or less invented fencing. And he's never been pathetic at fighting. He lost a lot of fights in recent years, primarily as a result of either not being in his own body or being in a body that was falling apart piece by piece. Losing to Nightwing was simple PIS. The time he stomped Tim Drake and the time he murdered Batman with a shovel should suffice as far as this thread goes.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WarBlade539

@darkazrael999 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@darkazrael999 said:

No Caption Provided

Oh well! I concur. Diana wins.

*gives cookie*

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

Ra's with one hand tied behind his back. The guy more or less invented fencing. And he's never been pathetic at fighting. He lost a lot of fights in recent years, primarily as a result of either not being in his own body or being in a body that was falling apart piece by piece. Losing to Nightwing was simple PIS. The time he stomped Tim Drake and the time he murdered Batman with a shovel should suffice as far as this thread goes.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Didn't Batman own him pretty easily in 'Hush'? Or would you consider that to be PIS?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_red_viper  Moderator
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

I used to have the fight between Ra's and Batman in Birth of the Demon saved here somewhere, but I can't find it right now. Maybe later. I do have the Ra's vs Red Robin fight.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: And didn't Batman himself say that Diana is a better fighter than him. So why shouldn't she be able to beat him.

Also, if Ra's is that good of a fighter, he shouldn't lose to Batman that easily. In that fight, Ra's wasn't any different from any generic Swordsman/Martial Artist thug. He should have at least held his own if he's as good as you claim him to be.

I am not saying that you're wrong or that Ra's isn't, just merely pointing out the fast that I haven't seen any notable, consistent feats of Ra's showcasing extreme skill.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Wolverine008

@citizenbane: And didn't Batman himself say that Diana is a better fighter than him. So why shouldn't she be able to beat him.

Also, if Ra's is that good of a fighter, he shouldn't lose to Batman that easily. In that fight, Ra's wasn't any different from any generic Swordsman/Martial Artist thug. He should have at least held his own if he's as good as you claim him to be.

I am not saying that you're wrong or that Ra's isn't, just merely pointing out the fast that I haven't seen any notable, consistent feats of Ra's showcasing extreme skill.

Statements are good and all, but feats are vastly more important and hold more influence. And based on feats, Wonder Woman isn't beating Batman anytime soon.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to have the fight between Ra's and Batman in Birth of the Demon saved here somewhere, but I can't find it right now. Maybe later. I do have the Ra's vs Red Robin fight.

Allright. I will yield. That's a pretty awesome showing. But didn't Bruce himself say that in terms of pure fighting skill, Diana is second to none. She is supposed to be one of DC's top Fighters, right?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999 said:

Statements are good and all, but feats are vastly more important and hold more influence. And based on feats, Wonder Woman isn't beating Batman anytime soon.

Yeah. But we tend to take feats way too literally. Batman himself said that and so that should hold merit.
And Diana is a Class 100 being. She is not a street-leveller. So, she doesn't have as many instances where she can showcase her skill as a fighter as compared to say, Shiva. But it is known through-out DC that Diana is a top-tier being as far as skill is concerned and she is also a master swordsman.

I see no reason as to why she shouldn't be able to take this.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erick_Williams

I think Diana should take this

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a one-off statement from a writer's who's notorious for that kind of thing. It was the same guy who had Superman claiming Wonder Woman was faster than him even though Diana's never done anything quicker than Superman has.

Any generic thug would have been one-shotted. You can attribute the Hush showing to Loeb if you want, most people do anyway.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

I go with Ra's.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigcimmerian

@citizenbane said:

Allright. I will yield. That's a pretty awesome showing. But didn't Bruce himself say that in terms of pure fighting skill, Diana is second to none. She is supposed to be one of DC's top Fighters, right?

He said she's probably the best melee fighter in the world, but statements like those are present in every comic book. Thor says that Odin is omnipotent, Hercules boasts about his father being omnipotent etc. In sword fight Ra's should win this, but it will be good battle.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not exactly. Batman claimed Wonder Woman is "the best melee fighter in the world", which doesn't imply pure skill. I would think that the ability to lift over 100 tons makes you a pretty good melee fighter. So Batman probably figured that Diana's skills in conjunction with her powers is what made her the most useful during that time.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I don't even think WW has any depowered sword fights.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

She does. I posted some scans here:

@darkazrael999 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@darkazrael999 said:

No Caption Provided

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Bruxae

Wonder Woman.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WarBlade539

@bruxae said:

Wonder Woman.

Loading Video...

xD

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bruxae
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WarBlade539
Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bruxae
WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WarBlade539

@bruxae said:

@darkazrael999: Lynda Carter is such a fox.

You said it. xD
She's apparently a very talented musician and was in her own band.If there's a Wonder Woman remake, she should be in it, in the role of Hippolyta. :)

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bruxae

@darkazrael999:

She should definetly have a role. If she was still young id easily vote for her to be the main star.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Experio

Ra's has been around since olden times, Wonder Woman much longer than that. Its not only about the period but also how hard they've been training with swords and I'm guessing Amazonians are warriors who take their's very seriously. So I'm going with Diana.

But I wouldn't say Ra's doesnt stand a chance, theatricality and deception are powerful agents :)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Ra's has been around since olden times, Wonder Woman much longer than that. Its not only about the period but also how hard they've been training with swords and I'm guessing Amazonians are warriors who take their's very seriously. So I'm going with Diana.

But I wouldn't say Ra's doesnt stand a chance, theatricality and deception are powerful agents :)

Diana is 23 years old.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

bump.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokeysteve

@the_red_viper said:

@pokeysteve said:

Only two of the first three is a sword fight and even that is sort of untrue because the beasts aren't using swords. This is Wonder Woman vs Ras and they both have swords. I don't recognize the first three scans either which feels wrong haha.

@bigcimmerian

Diana is 23 years old.

Where did you get that number? I don't remember reading that.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ra's

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper said:

@pokeysteve said:

Only two of the first three is a sword fight and even that is sort of untrue because the beasts aren't using swords. This is Wonder Woman vs Ras and they both have swords. I don't recognize the first three scans either which feels wrong haha.

@bigcimmerian

Diana is 23 years old.

Where did you get that number? I don't remember reading that.

She's only that young in the New 52 IIRC, although I think she's a little bit older than 23

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Exactly what I was thinking. I don't remember them referencing that though.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Are you referring to the instance in Birth of the Demon were Bruce had recently fallen into toxic waste? Bruce had the advantage until he was distracted, allowing Ra's the opportunity to knock him over and stab him with the shovel.

I agree Ra's would win, but that mightn't be the best example.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman wins

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Ra's.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Ra's would go through Diana pretty easily.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogueshadow  Moderator

Ra's. Maybe. Not too sure.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Diana, Ra's as far as I know is only considered a capable swordsman, not gifted.

Batfan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

draw or high diff diana