Wonder Woman vs Martian manhunter arm wrestle

• 159 results
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who would win an arm wrestle? Jonn cannot use his other abilities and the surface is indestructible.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: Martian wins. Diana is weaker than Superman. J'onn is closer to him.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

J'onn easily.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I'm just throwing this out there --- a wild stab in the dark. There is a scan of Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman arm-wrestling, and it's in faulty context. They never arm-wrestled as it was Billy's dream (of throwing the match). This was in Power of Shazam #15.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: it's worth noting captain marvel has overpowered jonn physically.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: I believe he did. I can't remember the issue very well but Cap was distracted and Martian uppercutted him.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John maybe, both are near Superman level of strength.

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There really needs to be consistency with strength in the justice league.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: check sarens respect thread. It's somewhere on there.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 frozen  Moderator

John maybe, both are near Superman level of strength.

J'onn is much closer.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sy8000

@frozen: is he really MUCH closer? What strength feats does he have? And don't say punching out a distracted marvel because while that is unarguably impressive, Diana has done the same to a distracted superman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: In A League of One, she gets the jump on Superman and he beats her rather easily. She then tells him she knows she can't beat him without help.

^ Though she also got Martian distracted with her lasso in the same comic.

And in her own fight with Captain Marvel in War of the Gods, she states Marvel is incredibly fast and powerful --- yet while on the defensive (giving her more time to dodge), she struggles to. IIRC Martian was multi-tasking in his fight with Marvel (I'll check @saren respect thread).

He arguably pulled more of The Earth.

No Caption Provided

His showing against WW3 Black Adam (not the PIS telepathy fest) and White Martians (which smack Wonder Woman around) are much better.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Martian Manhunter.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@frozen: Manhunter was simultaneously fighting a telepathic battle with the Gray Man while he was fighting Marvel.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@saren said:

@frozen: Manhunter was simultaneously fighting a telepathic battle with the Gray Man while he was fighting Marvel.

Thanks for the clarification.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely MM. I'd say he's around Supes or equal while Diana is slightly below that.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: just so you know I do acknowledge the considerable gap between WW and superman and no longer consider them neck and neck.

I do disagree that he won during league of one. She was fine afterwards. Plus she was clearly reluctant to fight. Her saying she can't beat him is legit though.

I'm not really sure what you're saying about her fight with marvel.

I don't recall Jonn having good showings against white Martians as far as strength goes, while Diana beat one physically. Also, the white Martians were knocking around everyone, not just her.

The rest I can agree with though. I'm leaning toward jonn to right now, I'm just surprised no one is going for WW.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When has MM proven to be closer to Superman in strength than WW? It always been to my acknowledgement that she is 2nd in strength to Superman on the team ( with the exception of Billy Batson)

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

When has MM proven to be closer to Superman in strength than WW? It always been to my acknowledgement that she is 2nd in strength to Superman on the team ( with the exception of Billy Batson)

Isn't that just an illogical conclusion because she's basically the female equivalent to him?

Superman has shown he can put WW to shame in strength, yet Superman can never get the upperhand with Martian Manhunter.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 frozen  Moderator

@zhurong said:

Billy's equal to him (shown many times). Black Adam is arguably stronger. Martian has went toe-to-toe with heavier hitters and he was arguably pulling more of The Earth due to using four arms.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Is Black Adam part of the JL? No I said the team and I already stated with the exception of Billy. MM's powerset is what gives him a advantage over most people not his strength alone.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could go either way.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting to feel like a certain user here is a sexist.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I can't find the scan but Wonder Woman said she has planet level strength.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Man hunter easily.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say J'onn wins eventually.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MMH wins. mass and density increase FTW.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman said:

I can't find the scan but Wonder Woman said she has planet level strength.

She's not as strong as Superman. Wonder Woman also said she can't beat Superman without help (after having just lost). And someone will always use the Sacrifice fight (despite him hallucinating and her using kryptonite) against all the showings of him being more powerful.

@agent41 said:

@frozen said:

@zhurong said:

Billy's equal to him (shown many times). Black Adam is arguably stronger. Martian has went toe-to-toe with heavier hitters and he was arguably pulling more of The Earth due to using four arms.

shazam is not superman's equal,superman has better feats in everything,pre 52 and new 52,and wonder woman did not struggle against shazam in war of the gods,she dominated the fight.

Right, no. Every fight with Superman and Captain Marvel has resulted in them being equals. When a new character beats the established character, that's how they're established. They both held the multiverse up (PIS, but it shows you writer intention).

No, she did not dominate that fight. She was on the defensive, then offensive, then it was broken up. She states how strong and fast he is.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Superguy1591

J'onn, Diana is strong, but not as strong as these boys.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sy8000

MMH wins. mass and density increase FTW.

He can't do that here.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

J'onn

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@agent41: No, they were fighting and she struggled. She hardly 'dominated' that fight.

Never been a clear victor? I believe I've already posted a fight with a clearvictor.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Do you want to know something else? Wonder Woman was the primary character from that ^ story. Also, read your own scans --- she states while fighting the Doomsday possessed Superman that he's too powerful. That Superman wasn't even using his external attributes, he flat out overpowered her. Factor in your own scan of him backhanding her once he got serious.

Compare both of their showings against Doomsday. Compare his destruction of the probes in Our Worlds at War (that nearly killed her). Or when Batman with Superman's powers beat her (without the use of skill).

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both close to one another.

If I'm forced to chose I'd say WW edges him out. Martian Manhunter has no showings that puts him over her in physical strength and WW has a better track record against top tier opponents in terms of pure strength and fighting.

MM shines in terms of telepathy

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By leito

@frozen said:

@zhurong said:

From that scan, I would say that WW, with her arms extended, is pulling more than MMH who has his arms bent as if curling a weight (deadlift vs curl). And in an armwrestle contest, he would only be using one arm.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frozen  Moderator

@leito said:

@frozen said:

@zhurong said:

From that scan, I would say that WW, with her arms extended, is pulling more than MMH who has his arms bent as if curling a weight (deadlift vs curl). And in an armwrestle contest, he would only be using one arm.

No. He can shapeshift on a molecular level, the strength carries over. He can absorb mass to supplement his strength, he is probably pulling more than both of them. If he did use one arm, he'd still win.

@agent41 said:

@frozen: yes superman is more powerful,that is not the point,pre 52 WW wasn't way weaker than him,that is the point,and pre 52 shazam hasn't the feats to prove he is as powerful as superman,just like WW they have fought many times but never to the end,shazam did not dominate the fight against her in war of the gods,pre 52 WW has better feats than him,he was not more powerful than her.

Captain Marvel's ''feats'' mean nothing if he can match him. That's how characters are established. Darkseid doesn't move a planet before slapping around Superman. Wonder Woman has no strength feats in the New-52 yet she did good against the kryptonians. Yes he was, when they fought she was on the defensive and remarked on how powerful and ''skilled'' he was.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

J'onn. If we use Superman as a benchmark, there are more instances of both being compared as equivalents in strength. I can think of at least one in Pre-Crisis, Pre-New 52 and New-52.

Ironically there is a comic in which WW is stated to be the most powerful between Aquaman, GL and MM IIRC. Though I take that very lightly as Batman actually beat all of them in a fight- I'm not even sure if its even Cannon or not.......

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I still disagree superman actually won in league of one. The fight was inconclusive. I don't doubt he would've won, but I don't think you should use it as an instance of him stomping her because that's not what happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian manhunter easily, he is clearly stronger

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@agent41 said:

@frozen: shazam didn't dominate that fight period,she was in the defence?,yes you usually try to defence yourself in a fight,shazam did not show to be more powerful than her in that fight.

He wasn't more powerful per-se but he clearly made her work. She was in defence, she'd have put more effort into dodging yet she struggled and then commented he had ''skill'' (he didn't).

@highaccuser said:

@frozen: I still disagree superman actually won in league of one. The fight was inconclusive. I don't doubt he would've won, but I don't think you should use it as an instance of him stomping her because that's not what happened.

It's conclusive as it gets. Seriously. She sucker kicks him. She tries to do knock him out. He yells ''Enough!'' (which signifies he stops holding back) and then he puts her down. She admits she can't beat him down. There are no discrepancies there. It's not a story that low-balled her either, previously she captured Mannhunter by surprise.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@highaccuser said:

It's conclusive as it gets. Seriously. She sucker kicks him. She tries to do knock him out. He yells ''Enough!'' (which signifies he stops holding back) and then he puts her down. He then puts her down. She admits she can't beat him down. There are no discrepancies there. It's not a story that low-balled her either, previously she captured Mannhunter by surprise.

Yes he knocks her down. That doesn't equal a victory. She was clearly conscious in the next scan. Again, I'm not saying she can beat him, I'm stressing he didn't stomp, or even beat her in that instance.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser said:
@frozen said:

@highaccuser said:

It's conclusive as it gets. Seriously. She sucker kicks him. She tries to do knock him out. He yells ''Enough!'' (which signifies he stops holding back) and then he puts her down. He then puts her down. She admits she can't beat him down. There are no discrepancies there. It's not a story that low-balled her either, previously she captured Mannhunter by surprise.

Yes he knocks her down. That doesn't equal a victory. She was clearly conscious in the next scan. Again, I'm not saying she can beat him, I'm stressing he didn't stomp, or even beat her in that instance.

Yes he did. Not particularly ''stomp'' but he deals with her effectively. She's conscious but it clearly hurt her as he stopped holding back. She admits defeat. That's beating her. It isn't exactly a drawn out fight; it's a conclusive one though.