Wonder Woman VS Magneto

AllCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@newecho : Uru does Not exist in the DC Universe... When and where has any piece of her equipment Breast Plate or otherwise ever been stated to be metal or vulnerable to magnetism? Why would something created from the hide of a goat or other mystical item/creatures be Metal? When have we ever seen any piece of here equipment effected by magnetism? We've seen her in close proximity to Super Magnets and remain Unaffected before... In fact she once created a Super Magnet herself and used it to disarm two Alien criminals. (Wonder Woman # 107)...

I ignored it because you ignored the whole other part where Magneto would be frozen in time... Doing that would require Magneto to Speed Blitz her and unlike Wonder Woman, Hercules is as slow as Thor... Magneto has absolutely no showings that imply he would be able to use his shield, let alone any Blood/Mind control ability fast enough to stop Wonder Woman from plucking him into a fine pink mist... His fastest shield feat was against cyclops, where he freely admits he almost didn't get the shield up in time... I've seen batman dodge and out maneuver attacks like that with little effort but Magneto freely admits he almost couldn't... Also why couldn't he use these abilities against Iron Man... Iron Man was fast enough and kept enough pressure on him to the point where he couldn't even get off an EMP... but you want to and argue that Magneto is fast enough to Speed Blitz Wonder Woman with shields and blood control?

Even if we pretend he cheats and activates his shield before the fight starts... against some one as strong as the Earth, maintaining it would require every drop of power he has, and even then it eventually it breaks... No way in Hell he's stopping a thousand plus Super Strength Punches a second And and Blood Bending at the same man... Let me just ask... Who in your opinion would beat Magneto then? Do you think he's the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe? With the way you're describing this instantaneous shield, blood bend combo, It's like you have it in your head that only high tier Reality Warpers can deal with Magneto.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allcreation: please read some xmen comics and marvel... I have explained all this about the speed and mjolnir...

I will tell you that franklin Richards is the most powerful non cosmic character so there...

Krisboyuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453  Edited By Krisboyuk

@newecho: didn't pre-52 Wally beat a dude in a race from the far end of the universe back to Earth in less time than it took for him to instantly teleport? Granted he stole the speed of everyone on Earth but even if he did need to run for a bit as you suggest, it still takes less time than it does to travel 'instant' anyway

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By newecho

@krisboyuk: yeah wally has done things similar,, but wally and barry and even superman can break the time barrier which is actually by definition faster than instant,, but in terms of a speed blitz its not the same and ww can't do it...

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@newecho: From BEHIND, Wonder Woman chased, caught up to, and pulled Jesse Quick out of The Speed Force; according to Wally West Flash, one must achieve FTL velocity or greater to reach this "dimension".

Diana had the speed and skill to lasso Barry Allen Flash on at least TWO SEPARATE OCCASIONS (showing that this feat wasn't a fluke).

Years later, that incredible display of skill and speed was surpassed by Diana-after withstanding THREE CONSECUTIVE IMPS-lassoing Zoom which is a remarkable thing since, at the time she was BLIND.

As I previously mentioned, Diana roped a construct with a super computer brain capable of processing things at unfathomable rates, while having the combined travel and reaction speeds of Superman and the Amazon---BEFORE IT COULD COMPLETE ITS THOUGHT/SENTENCE.

And yet, you are actually still arguing that Diana's speed isn't "instant".

Back in the day, when I was young playing make believe on the playground or where ever, there was always those kids who, because they were so invested in "winning", would take denial to OUTLANDISH levels. If you were playing "Cops And Robbers", for example, one could roll up on them, catch them by surprise, point a finger an inch from them point blank, yell "Bang-I got you"---and unlike the majority of children in this situation, these kids would STILL claim "Nuh Uh---you missed!"

You, Newecho, I fear, are doing a grown up version of this tactic.

If those kids persisted in this behavior, it wasn't long before nobody wanted to deal with them, and they were avoided.

I'm not saying this to be "mean", or whatever---as I have stated I think you are generally a good poster. But it's growing tedious for you to-apparently-imply that Diana has NO CHANCE WHATSOVER of reaching Magneto before he can react; in light of all her speed feats that have been presented, I believe that premise completely defies logic.

"Liking" Magneto better, or feeling the need to dig in your heels and defend a position you've taken no matter what is not a compelling argument.

I think, at least, that you have stated you are not claiming that Magneto wins FOR SURE; thank goodness for that small concession.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: I don't like magneto better or really at all and please go read my arguments for speed in this thread.. I said that ww doesn't win on speed.. She can however win with strength if mags can't hold her and due to equipment if she can break his shields so she can use her lasso. If she can break his shields then she can just beat him to death too....

I have went at the speed thing several different ways including who he has reacted to and explaining how his powers work, to explaining how thought is handled in marvel. Ww can win with many different ways but I don't believe speed is one or at least not an insta win

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@newecho: I didn't just mention your maybe "liking" Magneto as a reason, I mentioned the possibility of it being you're digging in your heels to defend your position-because you want to "win"-no matter how logic defying it seems.

And I've read the things you've written; are you really arguing that Magneto's thought process is faster than Amazo's super computer brain-backed up by Superman and Diana's speed reaction time?

SERIOUSLY?

If he miraculously got a shield up in time (when he barely got it up in time to block Cyclops who is as slow as a snail compared to the Amazon) there's nothing stopping her from using her FTL speed to instantaneously go through the floorboards and come up on him on the other side of his shield---then chop him to cat meat before he's realized it happened.

And as I said before, it's doubtful that a woman that, among many strength feats is strong enough to lift part of the infinite weight of the Spectre, pull Martian Manhunter out of a black hole, and survive a black hole HERSELF is going to be held down by anything Erik does.

Magneto is formidable. But evidence indicates he is not formidable enough to beat Wonder Woman.

AllCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Franklin Richards is a high tier reality warper... Is that the lowest tier character that you think could beat Magneto? I've read tons of X-Men/Marvel Comics and I have never seen him with power any where near the scale you're talking about... So if you could site the specifics one that are relevant...

What you explained was completely inaccurate to the point where it doesn't even make sense.. I don't know where you got the idea that their speed requires time travel because that's literally the opposite of what they're doing... If you move so fast that the rest of the world appears to be frozen in time then you are not traveling forward or backwards in time and DC Heroes do it regularly.. The ability that allows speedsters to time travel with super speed is completely different in the DC Universe and is more than just a matter of raw speed there a versions of the Flash that have been able to time travel while running as slow as Mach 2.

a good reference is X-Men days of future past... (Of course I know these aren't the canon version of the characters) but the scene where Quick Silver was breaking Magneto out of prison... They slowed time to the point where no one else (including Magneto) could perceive anything to show the world from Quick Silver's Perspective... THAT'S what the speed difference between Wonder Woman and Magneto would look like... except since she is significantly faster than Quick Silver the world from her perspective would be completely frozen in time... Not sure if you understand (you can easily google it if you haven't seen it.) but Quick Silver was in No way time traveling in that scene.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allcreation: dude you ramble saying the same thing over and over, I thought you were asking who is the most powerful in marvel.. There are plenty people more powerful than mags and prethera of ways to beat him, I just disagree that speed is one of those ways...

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allcreation: OK I am going to try this one more time...

You are confused because you look at marvel and dc as the same,, you think thought process is relative to how fast physically a person is which is not the case. Magneto has instant control over his powers so the only way to speed blitz him would be for him to not know the attack is coming which is not the case here,, he knows he is fighting. His attention will not be elsewhere.. Ww very well could win which I have said a thousand times already but not by insta speed blitz...

malikc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW's best bet would be her speed. She would have to blitz him to win and if that didn't work, she gets ripped to pieces by his magnetism. This fight would totally depend on the distance of these two and reaction speed. How long would it take for WW to reach Magneto and break his neck? How long would it take for Magneto to defend himself from her melee attacks by using a variety of methods for defense?

Either WW blitzes Mags, or Mags rips her apart. Whoever goes first wins basically.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho:

Sorry. After you rejected scans of Wonder Woman moving faster than thought and Flash moving faster than instantaneous travel, you have lost a lot of credibility for me. I have scans showing Wonder Woman doesn't even have to think cause it's all muscle memory and trainings. But I guess you will ignore them too. I don't really care if you see the sky as color green but I believe you would defend it until your last breath even though scans have proven you wrong time and time again. So just continue rejecting. Scans show the truth. Have fun rejecting and twisting them. I'm moving on to my CAV.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: I am not regecting her achievements., you just don't comprehend what I am saying. Read post 460.

You guys think the fight ends in under second because of her actions relative to dc and are completely ignoring how marvel powerful thought based powers handles speed, not just mags, but peeps like jean Grey. If they know the attack is coming, you can't speed blitz them because their powers are instant. Now if mags is sitting there talking to someone and not paying attention then any relative fast person could speed blitz him

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho:

I reject your opinions. I accept the truthness of the scans. Fair enough? Speed is not her only advantage and options which she wins by a landslide. But I won't reveal them just yet. Check the CAV Magneto vs WW. Just preparing my intro and will post them later.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: you will have to tag me,, and how the powers work is not opinion.. That's how it works..

AllCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: No one comprehends what you're saying because what you're saying is blatantly untrue... Nothing in Magneto's entire history suggest his ability is as fast as you keep saying over and over and over that it is... You've shown No scans and named No Volumes or specific Comic book issues to support your claims and you've completely ignored scans from both the DC and Marvel Universe that show Wonder Woman has speed on par with high level DC speedsters Who causally move faster than instant ... and where Magneto literally says he almost wasn't fast enough to react and wasn't strong enough to defend on panel...

Magneto has the ability to control electromagnetic energy. Even if we ignore how much faster than he his perceptions Wonder Woman can move, electromagnetic energy itself is limited to the speed of light and Wonder Woman has feats much faster than that. The literal definition of the word instant is "A very short space of time" if time is completely frozen then you are Not Time Traveling but you Are moving faster than Instant... Also Magneto has actually been speed blitzed on more than one occasion so I'm sure why you're implying he can't be.

Thought is Not different in the DC Universe... Maybe you're confusing Cognition (Thought) with Perception... Every character with Super Speed, whether it be a Marvel or DC character, has heightened Perception to match their Speed, becasue they obviously wouldn't be able to function if they were moving faster than their minds could process information... DC Simply has more notable characters with Super Speed and better speed feats in general... but thought Itself has never been different.

AllCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho:

First you said

wonder woman can't move without disturbing the magnetic field which means mags will be able to react no differently than any other speedster. It doesn't matter ww reactions are better than supes if mags can control it at an instant clip

Then you said

Magneto has instant control over his powers so the only way to speed blitz him would be for him to not know the attack is coming which is not the case here,, he knows he is fighting. His attention will not be elsewhere.. Ww very well could win which I have said a thousand times already but not by insta speed blitz

The first comment seems to suggest that Magneto Can't be caught off guard becasue all movement disturbs the Magnetic Field... The latter Suggest that he Can actually be caught off guard if he isn't expecting an attack... The two comments seem a pretty contradictory, because it seems like he should be expecting every attack, since all motion disturbs that Magnetic Field... So What am I not seeing here?

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By GrandWonder

@allcreation: @newecho:

I wonder who among you two is all talk and no substance and who's less talk but pure substance?

Here's a hint: The other shows proofs (irrefutable scans) and facts, the other is saying his opinion to the death.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By newecho

@allcreation: he can't be caught off guard if he knows he is fighting or his attention isn't elsewhere.... Qs or whomever can start out of sight and blitz him because he has no idea the fight is going on. He can be giving a speech to one person and concentrating on that person and also be blitzed...

If he is facing said person, ie qs or whomever then he has instant control over his power, so he knows he is fighting and will activate his shields or control them whichever.... Therefore you cant just blitz him and win....you are somehow thinking that mags is never even going to see ww.And yes thought speed or speed of thought is different in marvel for mutants... As for the magnetic field, I never meant to imply that he can just sense any attack if I did then that was incorrect...

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto.

AllCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By AllCreation

@grandwonder: @newecho The Quick Silver thing is understandable... But Magneto has been tagged several times while staring directly at and even conversing with his opponents... And Yes... even while facing them in battle... If you're fast enough to raise your shield before Wonder can tag you from even a mile away, then Vision should Not be able to smack you out of your sentence... If he couldn't react fast enough to use his shields in any of these instances then why would we assume that he could do so against Wonder Woman? I mean isn't there a rule sating that if something happens over and over again we Stop calling it PIS.... Because there have been tons of these instances in Canon Comics against opponents significantly slower than Quick Silver.

Edit ... My bad @grandwonder ... that was for @newecho

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allcreation:

No problem. I wanted to see those goodies. Hope you're not accused of lowballing cause those are lots of proof.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still WW

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf02d3ddc76
deactivated-61cf02d3ddc76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags FTW

Avatar image for deactivated-61c56dceb595f
deactivated-61c56dceb595f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto.

Avatar image for deactivated-61baf7ac11c2d
deactivated-61baf7ac11c2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A guy who controls metal vs a chick who wears metallic bracers and tiara. Magneto wrecks.

Chungus5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto stomps fodder.

spiderman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers