Wonder Woman VS Luke Skywalker

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatemalingsia
  • (Expanded Universe) Grandmaster Luke Skywalker.
  • Pre/New 52 Wonder Woman.
  • Bloodlusted.
  • Win by any means.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Luke dices her in two.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke dices her in two.

While Luke might win with telepathy I don't think a lightsaber would do anything.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

^^

That was obviously not meant to be taken literal, LAWL.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle has been done before.

GM Luke wins.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman stomps lol

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Luke dices her in two.

While Luke might win with telepathy I don't think a lightsaber would do anything.

Telepathy against someone that's nearly immune to it at all other times?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Luke dices her in two.

She can resist it from low level telepaths but in general reasonably powerful ones will take her down (Fernus, Max Lord when he was trying, Maxima, etc.).

If what I remember of Luke's telepathy is true it could very well work.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@highaccuser said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Luke dices her in two.

She can resist it from low level telepaths but in general reasonably powerful ones will take her down (Fernus, Max Lord when he was trying, Maxima, etc.).

If what I remember of Luke's telepathy is true it could very well work.

It's funny you should mention the three high level telepaths she actually has resisted.

Direflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

I concur Luke TP:ing her, but I could see lightsaber doing some damage to her anyhow. It melts solid steel like butter anyway.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sy8000

@highaccuser:

I concur Luke TP:ing her, but I could see lightsaber doing some damage to her anyhow. It melts solid steel like butter anyway.

Not enough to hurt someone who briefly tanked Superman's heat vision and didn't die from being in the vicinity of the sun.

It's funny you should mention the three high level telepaths she actually has resisted.

She only resisted casual telepathy from Max. When he went all out and wiped the earth of memory of him she was affected just fine. And Marian Manhunter along with other Martians have used telepathy on her very frequently and successfully.

Direflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

I know its not enough, but the energy is made of light anyway, so it has some effect, not much but something.

But she has still nothing to counter with GM Luke level of telepahty.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She only resisted casual telepathy from Max. When he went all out and wiped the earth of memory of him she was affected just fine.

And Marian Manhunter along with other Martians have used telepathy on her very frequently and successfully.

I wouldn't call it casual when he was at the same time controlling Superman. Yes, at a time when she had been largely depowered and deaged into the Odyssey timeline where she never knew Max had existed in the first place.

Hmm, no, they haven't. The White Martians resorted to beating her physically and Fernus used her own Lasso on her while he was keeping the rest of the League down. So I am curious to know when they were all that successful with TP?

Granted Maxima (or atleast her TP) does have a showing of working on her, but I can't tell what book it happened in and as such how credible it is. (Because I am not ruling out the possibility of a writer pulling a low blow on Diana since she then lashed out at Fire, making me think it was part of Diana's short-lived and very OOC time with the JLI).

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman stomps.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke has a shot at winning here

gunsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gunsout

The fact that this thread was even created shows that there's a mass spread of misinformation relating to star wars topics. Either that or fan boys are frothing at the mouth & tugging on their nutsacks over the Jedi Grandmaster. I'm going for a mix of both.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle has been done before.

GM Luke wins.

After some research (by that I mean googling it for 5 sec), it's been done but not with composite Pre and Post-New 52 WW.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunsout: Eh, not touching the pragmatic view thingy. Anyway, what's your take on this one?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

I wouldn't call it casual when he was at the same time controlling Superman. Yes, at a time when she had been largely depowered and deaged into the Odyssey timeline where she never knew Max had existed in the first place.

It took him years to take control of Superman. What exactly is the deal with the Odyssey timeline?

Hmm, no, they haven't. The White Martians resorted to beating her physically and Fernus used her own Lasso on her while he was keeping the rest of the League down. So I am curious to know when they were all that successful with TP?

I was referring to J'onn's brother who immobilized her and the whole League with telepathy.

Granted Maxima (or atleast her TP) does have a showing of working on her, but I can't tell what book it happened in and as such how credible it is. (Because I am not ruling out the possibility of a writer pulling a low blow on Diana since she then lashed out at Fire, making me think it was part of Diana's short-lived and very OOC time with the JLI).

Not really sure how Diana being out of character has to do with her telepathy resistance.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana is faster, stronger and more durable.

Has a better sword

Is highly resistant to TP

Also MH is >>>>>>> GM Luke when Luke gain feats of resisting and fighting against Beings who can TP multiple galaxies at the same time the I will put him about MH.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took him years to take control of Superman. What exactly is the deal with the Odyssey timeline?

I was referring to J'onn's brother who immobilized her and the whole League with telepathy.

Not really sure how Diana being out of character has to do with her telepathy resistance.

Because Superman had his mind fortified against such things by the Martian Manhunter. The deal with the Odyssey story was that the Olympians rewrote Diana's past so that she would be able to stand up to Nemesis, the deity, who had gone mad. During most of the story Diana only catches odd glimpses of her old life, and during the first part of it she can't even fly (or rather; didn't know she could). Also, she did receive aid from Dr. Psycho, of all people, who's powers did work on Diana this time, while it normally doesn't.

No Caption Provided

Is this pre or post COIE? Because I don't remember J'onn even having a brother after the Crisis? (But has to be said I haven't read Ostranders MM run either, so I don't know if this was where he appeared)

My point is that if a writer cannot get Diana's personality straight and turns her into a borderline feminazi, why should we count on them getting her powers straight?

Chiraq_windy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know when Luke can contend with lightspeeders or bust moons with his punches.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ximpossibrux

Really depends on if Luke can mental-hax her to death.

If not, he's boned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke. Stronger faster more durable.

gunsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gunsout

lol

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what...?

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong on all points.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is GM Luke, the one who stands a pretty good chance against even Superman.... Wonder Woman's going to have her hand's full. We're talking a guy who controlled/manipulated a black hole, has nano-sec. reaction times, AND precog.... and that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to GM Luke.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Because Superman had his mind fortified against such things by the Martian Manhunter.

Doesn't really detract from the point.

The deal with the Odyssey story was that the Olympians rewrote Diana's past so that she would be able to stand up to Nemesis, the deity, who had gone mad. During most of the story Diana only catches odd glimpses of her old life, and during the first part of it she can't even fly (or rather; didn't know she could). Also, she did receive aid from Dr. Psycho, of all people, who's powers did work on Diana this time, while it normally doesn't.

Unless this was referenced during Brightest Day I doubt this was meant to be a factor.

Is this pre or post COIE? Because I don't remember J'onn even having a brother after the Crisis? (But has to be said I haven't read Ostranders MM run either, so I don't know if this was where he appeared)

It was post COIE and yes he does. Not that it should matter given J'onn himself has entered the minds of Diana and the whole League before without effort.

My point is that if a writer cannot get Diana's personality straight and turns her into a borderline feminazi, why should we count on them getting her powers straight?

Because powers and character are very different.

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Going to Go with Luke

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Doesn't really detract from the point.

Unless this was referenced during Brightest Day I doubt this was meant to be a factor.

It was post COIE and yes he does. Not that it should matter given J'onn himself has entered the minds of Diana and the whole League before without effort.

Because powers and character are very different.

That it takes an incredible amount of time to break down the defenses? I don't think Luke has that sort of time here.

What does Brightest Day has to do with this? Btw, Odyssey was the last WW story-line DC published before Flashpoint struck.

Without effort? Or just without the League putting up any resistance.

Yet a lot of people still don't seem know of all the things Diana is capable of. If you (as a writer) can't get Diana's personality even half right, how on Earth are you going to get some of her (for some reason) more obscure powers right? (Btw, I found the scan I was referring to, and it had Eclipso on the other end).

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

That it takes an incredible amount of time to break down the defenses? I don't think Luke has that sort of time here.

It takes time to break Superman's defenses. Not that Max Lord is anywhere near Luke on average anyway.

What does Brightest Day has to do with this? Btw, Odyssey was the last WW story-line DC published before Flashpoint struck.

Are we referring to the same instance? After Max Lord's resurrection (so during Brightest Day) he wiped everyone's memories of his existence. If Odyssey was close to Flashpoint then it'd have to be later unless the story was very long.

Without effort? Or just without the League putting up any resistance.

They didn't put up resistance because they couldn't, but yes without effort.

Yet a lot of people still don't seem know of all the things Diana is capable of. If you (as a writer) can't get Diana's personality even half right, how on Earth are you going to get some of her (for some reason) more obscure powers right? (Btw, I found the scan I was referring to, and it had Eclipso on the other end).

Following this train of thought it would have to be accepted as an outier if she uses powers under good writers who do know her abilities just because only people who write her well remember said powers. We can't go off of that logic.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana kicks Skywalker's butt!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes time to break Superman's defenses. Not that Max Lord is anywhere near Luke on average anyway.

Are we referring to the same instance? After Max Lord's resurrection (so during Brightest Day) he wiped everyone's memories of his existence. If Odyssey was close to Flashpoint then it'd have to be later unless the story was very long.

They didn't put up resistance because they couldn't, but yes without effort.

Following this train of thought it would have to be accepted as an outier if she uses powers under good writers who do know her abilities just because only people who write her well remember said powers. We can't go off of that logic.

Yes, and Diana's is just a bit better, since her's is provided by Athena rather than a Martian. Btw, I dont see anyone here being all that quick on telling us what Luke can actually do with TP.

Odyssey started roughly just after Brightest Day (or more specifically Generation Lost) began but stretched all the way to Flashpoint if I am remembering correctly. Also, bear in mind that Lord had his own difficulties finding Diana because her prior existence had also been wiped off the face of the planet.

Batman is usually able to stall him for a brief amount of if needed, as is Diana.

Outier?

gunsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gunsout

@schillenger420 said:

If this is GM Luke, the one who stands a pretty good chance against even Superman.... Wonder Woman's going to have her hand's full. We're talking a guy who controlled/manipulated a black hole, has nano-sec. reaction times, AND precog.... and that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to GM Luke.

That's not the tip of the Iceberg for Luke. Those are the only feats that don't make me wan't to alert the mods to a severe mismatch, and you're ignoring the context of each of them. Diana still stomps by the way.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunsout: Well let's see here... along with nano-second speed and reaction times, precog, and tk strong enough to manipulate a black hole he also has...

Force enhanced strength and striking power

Telepathy

Force Valor

Shatterpoint

Fold Space (teleportation)

Force Healing

Tutaminis (The ability to absorb and/or redirect energy)

Force Shield

Force Harmony (allows him to control pain, and inflict pain on others)

and i'd be amazed if I didn't miss a few of his other abilities as well.

Again, Diana's going to have a rough time going up against GM Luke.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman decimates

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

If EU Grandmaster Luke's telepathy feats are close to Pre Flashpoint or New 52 Martian Manhunter, both of whom have affected Pre/New 52 Wonder Woman, Luke can take over or shut down Diana's mind for a majority of wins. There's also an ability called Fold Space I believe that Luke can use to BFR Wonder Woman if telepathy fails.

FalcoLylat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FalcoLylat

Wonderwoman, she's a babe XD

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ends in friendship

Chiraq_windy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Chiraq_windy

@lvenger: You talking about this?

He had been carrying one of the Vor'cha stun sticks attached to a belt around his waist. Now he reached to unfasten it, offering it to Ben.

"You and your father were attacked with such a weapon. I deeply regret that attack. Now the weapon is yours. I know you will wield it carefully. It can render your enemy unconscious, even through armor."

"Lubed!" Ben said, grinning, as he accepted the stick. He bowed to Tadar'Ro. "Thank you, Tadar'Ro. Thank you for everything."

Luke caught Tadar'Ro's eye and smiled a little. Then, before Ben knew what was happening, there was a sharp pop of displaced air. The Vor'cha stick simply vanished from his hands to reappear in his father's. He gaped for a second, and then realized that while he had been studying so hard to learn flow-walking, Luke had readily mastered the other known Aing-Tii Force technique. He laughed a little as Luke tossed the stick back to his son.

Tadar'Ro bowed to both Skywalkers. "Travel safely. May you learn what you must."

"May the Force be with you," Luke said.

--- Fate of the Jedi : Omen

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By Lvenger

@chiraq_windy: I think so, that's what I was told by some Star Wars debaters was essentially a light side version of Sidious' Force Storm ability.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Yes, and Diana's is just a bit better, since her's is provided by Athena rather than a Martian. Btw, I dont see anyone here being all that quick on telling us what Luke can actually do with TP.

Not really seeing your point and no offense but you seem extremely comfortable completely diverting our line of discussion from what was actually relevant, specifically that Max Lord mind controlling Superman isn't a feat that can be applied in random encounters as it took him years.

@dccomicsrule2011 is more familiar with Luke's feats, but I believe he has created illusionary fleets to fool real ones into retreating in the process mentally influencing Darth Caedus who is quite powerful himself (not the only time he does this to Caedus).

Odyssey started roughly just after Brightest Day (or more specifically Generation Lost) began but stretched all the way to Flashpoint if I am remembering correctly. Also, bear in mind that Lord had his own difficulties finding Diana because her prior existence had also been wiped off the face of the planet.

If it started after Generation Lost than she still would've been affected by Max's mind wipe.

Batman is usually able to stall him for a brief amount of if needed, as is Diana.

No he isn't. He really just isn't and in fact has gone through the effort of bringing an anti-telepathy device to a fight with a mind-controlled J'onn. Diana has never held out against J'onn.

Outier?

Something that happens once and disagrees with everything that's happened before.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There's even more Luke Skywalker lowballing in this thread than that Luke Skywalker vs Sasuke Uchiha thread

gunsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By gunsout

@lvenger said:

@chiraq_windy: I think so, that's what I was told by some Star Wars debaters was essentially a light side version of Sidious' Force Storm ability.

No it's not, and you really don't have a clue to what you're talking about. Regardless, quote me one instance where Luke has used Fold Space to BFR, or more importantly one time when he's used it in the midst of combat.

That fact you're making an argument for Luke's alternative abilities tells me you know that Diana's objectively superior.