Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@reikai said:

uhh, Diana is made from magic clay and empowered with the abilities of several gods. Her 'reiatsu' wouldn't be a human level. And that's Pre-52 Diana.

true, but those powers are physical as i said, but my point is that this is not a stomp, team has a chance if it coordinate well his attacks, 2 touches from Soi Fon and the job is done

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones:  

@The Stegman : Part 2 doesn't really abuse itas nearly as much people say it does

I agree that Shippuden isn't as bad as people say, but it seems now that Kishimoto is focusing more on the Senju and Uchiha, with the rest being pretty much fodder, though, considering the whole Shinobi War is about the Senju vs the Uchiha, I can understand it.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@dngn4774 said:

@The Stegman said:

@dngn4774:

@cooljammy18 said:

@dngn4774 said:

@reikai: Let's not pretend Anime doesn't has it's flaws as well. One of them being that in most manga the heroes never really seem to use anything besides raw battle prowess to defeat their opponents. Also, whenever there is a new villain all of the supporting characters turn into gimps and only the main hero can fight back to a stalemate. Then, even after the hero gets stalemated or defeated in the initial conflict they receive a plot induced power up and win. Finally a new villain shows up with a slightly different back story and the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

Yup, sounds like DBZ and Bleach in a nutshell.

Those were definitely the to main ones I focused on when I wrote that. Most of SJ titles do that (probably not One piece as much though).

Naruto really doesn't do it either. I mean they have the "boy with a mysterious power in him" Shonen trope, but as for characters just standing around waiting for the main character to show up, it's pretty good at not doing that, heck, most of the time Naruto wasn't even in the great battles....until Shippuden came alone...sigh.

Naruto does it too but it's on a much more reasonable level than DBZ or Bleach. It took naruto and sasuke years of training to get their powerups. Even the quicker ones (sage mode, Kyuubi control and EMS) seemed to be written in a way that made sense to the readers.

DBZ gives away some of the most ridiculous power ups that are almost insulting to the reader's intelligence. Fusion earrings/dances, a hyperbollic time chamber, and if the writers get lazy they can just throw in an extra ssj transformation without any real explanation. One of the worst power ups was in GT when Vegeta got an SSJ4 transformation from being shot with a laser full of Blutz Waves (it was the Dragon Ball equivalent of Jedi midichlorians).

I'm not even commenting much on Bleach since Ichigo always gets sickening favoritism from Kubo (even for a main character). The Captains or consistently underrated, even the vice captains are bad ass but get mistreated, and after the first arc his closest friends have become gimps (especially Sado; poor, poor Chad).

I wasn't speaking on powerups, but rather secondary, non main characters just standing around, gawking in awe at the bad guy until the main character shows up to defeat them. DBZ does it in spades with everyone even Vegeta, who was originally a Bada**, just waiting for Goku to show up. Same thing with Bleach and Ichigo. But for Naruto and One Piece, other people BESIDES the protagonist will engage various villains in various battles and often times win; in many cases Luffy and Naruto won't even be in a large chunk of the battles.  

But I also agree with you on the powerups as well.
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Rumble Man

@reikai: Its funny with assumed feats and on panel ones, and D needs to get a good studio to adapt the novels

back then they hop on the dbz train, now on the bleach train

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By reikai
@Rumble Man said:

@reikai: Its funny with assumed feats and on panel ones, and D needs to get a good studio to adapt the novels

In words of Abridged Vegeta; "Bleach? I like -that- better when it was called Yu-Yu-Hakusho. And I liked -That- better when it was called DRAGON BALL Z!"
Nappa: "Ohhh-ho-hoo...burn."
Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@Rumble Man said:

In words of Abridged Vegeta; "Bleach? I like -that- better when it was called Yu-Yu-Hakusho. And I liked -That- better when it was called DRAGON BALL Z!" Nappa: "Ohhh-ho-hoo...burn."

Yu Yu Hakusho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBZ any day at any time anywhere

Edit: I like Vegeta back when he was called Hiei

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Rumble Man

@reikai:

all there is to know about it

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By reikai
@redbird3rdboywonder said:

Yu Yu Hakusho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBZ any day at any time anywhere

DB/Z came out before YYH. That's the joke. Everything else just ripped it off. And the only enjoyable character in YYH was Hiei. Yusuke got all the plot-powerups than many complain about Ichigo getting.
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#59  Edited By dngn4774

@reikai: Hiei and Kurama got one or two powerups before the series ended, but Yusuke got everything handed to him. Western comics don't pull that crap as often, The main problem with comics is that since the heroes don't die the sidekicks never get to be more than sidekicks.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

DB/Z came out before YYH. That's the joke. Everything else just ripped it off. And the only enjoyable character in YYH was Hiei. Yusuke got all the plot-powerups than many complain about Ichigo getting.

The Dragon ball manga came out before the Yu Yu manga did but I think the Yu Yu manga predates the DBZ manga or I should say it came before the DB manga make the transition over to DBZ because Hiei's character predates Vegeta's character. Genkai was an enjoyable character and Kuwabara too and the villains Touguro and Sensui were great

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SilverGalford

Diana speedblitzes them , end of the story.

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SilverGalford

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones said:

@Rumble Man: Sailor Moon (series) would do alot of damage to the DC universe

No,it won't. Spectre solo the SM verse. even Comic Justice League can give them problems.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dextersinister

I am not aware of most of the anime team but the current WW is stronger than she's ever been without amps.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By reikai

The Dragon ball manga came out before the Yu Yu manga did but I think the Yu Yu manga predates the DBZ manga or I should say it came before the DB manga make the transition over to DBZ because Hiei's character predates Vegeta's character. Genkai was an enjoyable character and Kuwabara too and the villains Touguro and Sensui were great

DBZ is just the Americanized license version. The entire series written by Toriyama from beginning to end was only ever known as Dragon Ball. They just tagged on the Z for the anime to make it sound better and as something "new". I was watching DBZ on Nick in the early 90's before even hearing on YYH.

But these things happen. Think George Lucas came up with SW by himself? A number of things he blatantly ripped off of the novel "Dune" and other stories from Japan that were out years before he began writing on his films. People steal from everyone else. That's generally how it goes.

The girls with large, colorful eyes in Anime/Manga were adapted from ye old Walt Disney's Betty Boop back from the Black&White days and they just adapted it and made it better. Anime/Manga does just tend to make things better imho...
Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Theorder14

What's stopping Saber from turning invisible,letting the others distract WW and then use Excalibur on her blind spot?

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By alcoholbob

Saber is lightspeed in the novels, so she can match Diana's speed.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Theorder14
@alcoholbob
thing is, i doubt many viners read the visual and light novels. bet they have only watched that crappy Deen version of fate >.>