Wonder Woman VS Darkseid

Avatar image for holyserpent
#251 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio

wonderwomen could had 1yr prep and she still would get slaughtered be darksied. and mongul .isnt in the same league as darksied.
Avatar image for deathlife
#252 Posted by deathlife (496 posts) - - Show Bio

If we've never seen Darkseid before, how do we know he can beat WW?

Avatar image for mercy_
#253 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

-_________-

Avatar image for maxima
#254 Posted by maxima (91 posts) - - Show Bio

that wd be an interesting battle. i want to say wonder woman has a shot but then again to reference mongul again( who supposedly isnt in darkseids class) man handles diana and she being a power house is crushed very badly in tmwhe. even jlu dipicted her getting crushed. now 1 thing that ppl need to stop refutting is her reflecting the ob. it can be done as shes done it. the bracelets are indestructable period point blank. but regarding if superman can hurt him i dont see why she wdnt be able to . also ds does not have her speed. now i know the scans are to help gauge and show actual powers and what not but it clearly states here tht all battles ( unless specifically stated ) are the charecters at their max abilities with no cis/pis. that being said actually ppl like ww and sm should be hard to beat as their speed/strength combo wd be too much even for ds. but then again ds is a beast and he is actually a better fighter than sm . ds is a warlord. he wages war. imho i dnt think(srry diana 8(   ) diana can win this one as she dsnt have her full equipment. the only shot she has is the lasso . in a head to head fight ds outlast her in a trade of blows and finishes reduces her to ash then reforms her as the new ff captain. ds ftw
Avatar image for taliax
#255 Posted by Taliax (513 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathlife said:
" If we've never seen Darkseid before, how do we know he can beat WW? "
You have really never heard of Darkseid?
Avatar image for deathlife
#256 Posted by deathlife (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
" @deathlife said:
" If we've never seen Darkseid before, how do we know he can beat WW? "
You have really never heard of Darkseid? "
 
Actually, i was referring to the assertion of some posters here that every single Darkseid that we've seen is an Avatar.
 
Based on what we've seen in the past, i don't think that WW can beat Darkseid.
Avatar image for hoboseid
#257 Posted by Hoboseid (1043 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru said:
" @AtPhantom said:

" Barda busted Darkseid? Evidence of this, perhaps? "

 
 One of the few times he wasn't actually jobbing

but Barda was amped and Scott was watching her back
She put on a Lantern Ring and whopped everyone's butt
 
Even the little Blue Smurfs were impressed  
 

No Caption Provided


 

No Caption Provided


No Caption Provided



No Caption Provided
  . "
Wonder Woman's weapons are not so powerful
Avatar image for hoboseid
#258 Posted by Hoboseid (1043 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ziro said:
" You know what? Scratch my last post, I'm gonna say Wonder Woman very well could take this(I'm used to thinking about how these fights would play out in the comics as opposed to being done without any kind of benefit to a plot). "
new Darkseid is weak, the 1980s guy was skyfather level. The new one has trouble with Wonder Woman
Avatar image for kingzila
#259 Edited by Kingzila (338 posts) - - Show Bio

  
 
 
 
Darkseide wins.  If he use an avatar or fight in person, wonder women still wont win.
 
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#260 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid:
Why are quoting yourself? 
Yeah i know you're ohtru,blackflash,batdance,truepwnage,ownerz,charlie jade ,blackest shite and someothers. 
that scan is non cannon and barda did nothing to even begin with.
Avatar image for Pokeysteve
#261 Posted by Pokeysteve (12029 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Flag that Wonder Woman certainly has a CHANCE. Her H2H skills are way better than Superman or anything I've seen from Darkseid. She'll be able to dodge effectively.  I don't want to get into all this crap about Mongul and this or that. My biggest problem with all 13 pages of this was people using Superman's blood breaking a magical sword and then having problems with Wonder Woman's indestructible bracelets blocking his omega effect. 

Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#262 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
"I agree with Flag that Wonder Woman certainly has a CHANCE. Her H2H skills are way better than Superman or anything I've seen from Darkseid. She'll be able to dodge effectively.  I don't want to get into all this crap about Mongul and this or that. My biggest problem with all 13 pages of this was people using Superman's blood breaking a magical sword and then having problems with Wonder Woman's indestructible bracelets blocking his omega effect.  "

Maybe because those bracelets were forged by people whom have been repeatedly shown to be inferior to darkseid's civilization. 
same cannot be said for some random sword.
Avatar image for valtot
#263 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve:
darksied (the real darksied) would physically dominate her easily and probalby an avater easily
Avatar image for Pokeysteve
#264 Posted by Pokeysteve (12029 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Pokeysteve said:
"I agree with Flag that Wonder Woman certainly has a CHANCE. Her H2H skills are way better than Superman or anything I've seen from Darkseid. She'll be able to dodge effectively.  I don't want to get into all this crap about Mongul and this or that. My biggest problem with all 13 pages of this was people using Superman's blood breaking a magical sword and then having problems with Wonder Woman's indestructible bracelets blocking his omega effect.  "
Maybe because those bracelets were forged by people whom have been repeatedly shown to be inferior to darkseid's civilization. same cannot be said for some random sword. "
Even assuming the Olympian Gods are inferior to Darkseid's civilization, that doesn't mean the bracelets wouldn't work. Some random sword? Isn't the sword in question the Excalibur? Either way my problem is mainly with a drop of blood surviving intact the speeds it would take to break an object like that. On a side note, if Zeus' shield was indestructible than how did they make bracelets out of it? Was the ever explained? 
 
@Valtot: Never questioned him winning or losing. Like Flag, I just agree she has a chance and it's not the stomp some of you are making it out to be. 
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#265 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Pokeysteve said:
"I agree with Flag that Wonder Woman certainly has a CHANCE. Her H2H skills are way better than Superman or anything I've seen from Darkseid. She'll be able to dodge effectively.  I don't want to get into all this crap about Mongul and this or that. My biggest problem with all 13 pages of this was people using Superman's blood breaking a magical sword and then having problems with Wonder Woman's indestructible bracelets blocking his omega effect.  "
Maybe because those bracelets were forged by people whom have been repeatedly shown to be inferior to darkseid's civilization. same cannot be said for some random sword. "
Even assuming the Olympian Gods are inferior to Darkseid's civilization, that doesn't mean the bracelets wouldn't work. Some random sword? Isn't the sword in question the Excalibur? Either way my problem is mainly with a drop of blood surviving intact the speeds it would take to break an object like that. On a side note, if Zeus' shield was indestructible than how did they make bracelets out of it? Was the ever explained? 
 
@Valtot: Never questioned him winning or losing. Like Flag, I just agree she has a chance and it's not the stomp some of you are making it out to be.  "

When was it excalibur?and funnily darkseid absorbed the magical energy of the excalibur in the great darkness saga,nulling the sword completely , dont see why he could'nt do the same to the bracelets.
Avatar image for mrdirector786
#266 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was this bumped, Darkseid wins very, very, very easily.

Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#267 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"Why was this bumped, Darkseid wins very, very, very easily."

Hoboseid returned.
Avatar image for mrdirector786
#268 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
"Why was this bumped, Darkseid wins very, very, very easily."
Hoboseid returned. "
Yeah, I saw it. He also bumped that Superman vs Darkseid thread.
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#269 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
"Why was this bumped, Darkseid wins very, very, very easily."
Hoboseid returned. "
Yeah, I saw it. He also bumped that Superman vs Darkseid thread."

I dont get it,i mean i dislike sentry,deadpool,harley quinn etc,hence i rarely go to their forums or battles,but this guy is completely messed up.
Avatar image for mrdirector786
#270 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
"Why was this bumped, Darkseid wins very, very, very easily."
Hoboseid returned. "
Yeah, I saw it. He also bumped that Superman vs Darkseid thread."
I dont get it,i mean i dislike sentry,deadpool,harley quinn etc,hence i rarely go to their forums or battles,but this guy is completely messed up. "
He's just a troll.
Avatar image for Pokeysteve
#271 Posted by Pokeysteve (12029 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Pokeysteve said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Pokeysteve said:
"I agree with Flag that Wonder Woman certainly has a CHANCE. Her H2H skills are way better than Superman or anything I've seen from Darkseid. She'll be able to dodge effectively.  I don't want to get into all this crap about Mongul and this or that. My biggest problem with all 13 pages of this was people using Superman's blood breaking a magical sword and then having problems with Wonder Woman's indestructible bracelets blocking his omega effect.  "
Maybe because those bracelets were forged by people whom have been repeatedly shown to be inferior to darkseid's civilization. same cannot be said for some random sword. "
Even assuming the Olympian Gods are inferior to Darkseid's civilization, that doesn't mean the bracelets wouldn't work. Some random sword? Isn't the sword in question the Excalibur? Either way my problem is mainly with a drop of blood surviving intact the speeds it would take to break an object like that. On a side note, if Zeus' shield was indestructible than how did they make bracelets out of it? Was the ever explained? 
 
@Valtot: Never questioned him winning or losing. Like Flag, I just agree she has a chance and it's not the stomp some of you are making it out to be.  "
When was it excalibur?and funnily darkseid absorbed the magical energy of the excalibur in the great darkness saga,nulling the sword completely , dont see why he could'nt do the same to the bracelets. "
I don't know if it was or not. I read all of the pages and someone mentioned it. I skimmed the last few. I image Olympian magic is stronger than Merlin magic. By that logic why doesn't he just absorb all magic and kill everyone? 
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#272 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Pokeysteve said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Pokeysteve said:
"I agree with Flag that Wonder Woman certainly has a CHANCE. Her H2H skills are way better than Superman or anything I've seen from Darkseid. She'll be able to dodge effectively.  I don't want to get into all this crap about Mongul and this or that. My biggest problem with all 13 pages of this was people using Superman's blood breaking a magical sword and then having problems with Wonder Woman's indestructible bracelets blocking his omega effect.  "
Maybe because those bracelets were forged by people whom have been repeatedly shown to be inferior to darkseid's civilization. same cannot be said for some random sword. "
Even assuming the Olympian Gods are inferior to Darkseid's civilization, that doesn't mean the bracelets wouldn't work. Some random sword? Isn't the sword in question the Excalibur? Either way my problem is mainly with a drop of blood surviving intact the speeds it would take to break an object like that. On a side note, if Zeus' shield was indestructible than how did they make bracelets out of it? Was the ever explained? 
 
@Valtot: Never questioned him winning or losing. Like Flag, I just agree she has a chance and it's not the stomp some of you are making it out to be.  "
When was it excalibur?and funnily darkseid absorbed the magical energy of the excalibur in the great darkness saga,nulling the sword completely , dont see why he could'nt do the same to the bracelets. "
I don't know if it was or not. I read all of the pages and someone mentioned it. I skimmed the last few. I image Olympian magic is stronger than Merlin magic. By that logic why doesn't he just absorb all magic and kill everyone?  "

He did actually . in the storyline i mentioned he absorbed various magical artifacts and mordru as well,he also attempted to absorb wonder world ,which is the epicentre of magic. 
regardless it would be boring to see the villian kill everything.
Avatar image for Pokeysteve
#273 Posted by Pokeysteve (12029 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Was that pre crisis? I haven't seen that ability from him in a long time. Maybe they took it away for that very reason. Having him search for a means to kill everything is much more suspenseful. 
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#274 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
" @entropy_aegis: Was that pre crisis? I haven't seen that ability from him in a long time. Maybe they took it away for that very reason. Having him search for a means to kill everything is much more suspenseful.  "

Yes it was precrisis but recent legion of superheroes confirmed that event , its cannon.
Avatar image for Pokeysteve
#275 Posted by Pokeysteve (12029 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: You wouldn't happen to know when the last time he used the absorbing ability would you? I don't think he's even used that post crisis. 
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#276 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio

and i'd like to clear certain things, 
darkseid's stories were cannon even after the crisis,the great darkness saga had a follow up in 1991 called the quiet darkness,which continued the story,both these were retconned away in zero hour hence the pre/post crisis logic doesnt apply to even begin with.the latest legion of superheroes volume confirmed the event as cannon. 
 
grant morrison has said that precrisis darkseid is the only true darkseid , while the others are avatars(final crisis interview). 
 
and even if we accept the pre/post crisis logic it still doesnt matter because only darkseid physical levels and the potency of the omega beam are what was weakened ,the omega effect never changed(there is difference between the beam and the effect),infact post crisis darkseid has shown greater range of abilities than precrisis.
Avatar image for travisvoeller
#277 Posted by travisvoeller (23 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid would destroy her

Avatar image for Pokeysteve
#278 Posted by Pokeysteve (12029 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: I think you're looking for an argument or a fight where there isn't one. Don't know if you were referring to me because I just asked a simple question. 
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#279 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
" @entropy_aegis: I think you're looking for an argument or a fight where there isn't one. Don't know if you were referring to me because I just asked a simple question.  "

LOL sorry,but almost everyone i ran in to asks about the crisis,i thought i should quickly clear that up. 
Avatar image for Pokeysteve
#280 Posted by Pokeysteve (12029 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Lol it's ok. And hey that's the price you pay for being knowledgeable. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
#281 Posted by deactivated-5d1828448d5f0 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid FTW!

Avatar image for zaiyan
#282 Posted by Zaiyan (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@ClarkJosephKent1938 said:
" She has deflected them before with her braclets. "
Even so Darkseid wins  7 / 10 maybe 6 / 10 if we are nice to Wonder Woman
Avatar image for pander1
#283 Posted by pander1 (124 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Supergirl was not disintegrated. Please actually read the comic before making an inaccurate post like that?  It was a plan of the Justice League to get Darkseid to stop pursuing Kara as the leader of the Furies by making him think she was destroyed. She was actually teleported out of there so Darkseid THOUGHT she was killed.  She's actually been shown to be able to handle the Omega Sanction. 
 
And Wonder Woman has deflected the Omega Sanction as well.  Darkseid was not depowered.   Enough with the mysogonistic belief that because she's a woman that she's helpless.  In fact, her bracelets can even reflect the omega beams back at Darkseid.  Wonder Woman would do a lot better than you're thinking - she has quite a good chance of beating Darkseid, given his primary weapon is rather useless against her, given her reflexes and speed (which Batman has already stated are superior to Superman in battle), her fighting ability (also far superior to Superman), her bracelets (which can deflect the Omega sanction or send it back at Darkseid), and the lasso (which can bind a god, so it can also bind Darkseid). 
Avatar image for pander1
#284 Posted by pander1 (124 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Yeah... Ares is a God too.  A real God. THE God of War. Not just a strong alien who calls himself a God.    Ares is actually supposed to be, in the DC Universe, the greatest fighter in the Universe (level 16).  And Wonder Woman has beaten him in combat as well.  Darkseid could win, but don't count on it.  Wonder Woman makes a habit of defeating stronger opponents with her superior training and techniques
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#285 Edited by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@pander1 said:

@King Saturn: Supergirl was not disintegrated. Please actually read the comic before making an inaccurate post like that?  It was a plan of the Justice League to get Darkseid to stop pursuing Kara as the leader of the Furies by making him think she was destroyed. She was actually teleported out of there so Darkseid THOUGHT she was killed.  She's actually been shown to be able to handle the Omega Sanction.  And Wonder Woman has deflected the Omega Sanction as well.  Darkseid was not depowered.   Enough with the mysogonistic belief that because she's a woman that she's helpless.  In fact, her bracelets can even reflect the omega beams back at Darkseid.  Wonder Woman would do a lot better than you're thinking - she has quite a good chance of beating Darkseid, given his primary weapon is rather useless against her, given her reflexes and speed (which Batman has already stated are superior to Superman in battle), her fighting ability (also far superior to Superman), her bracelets (which can deflect the Omega sanction or send it back at Darkseid), and the lasso (which can bind a god, so it can also bind Darkseid). 

@pander1 said:

@King Saturn: Yeah... Ares is a God too.  A real God. THE God of War. Not just a strong alien who calls himself a God.    Ares is actually supposed to be, in the DC Universe, the greatest fighter in the Universe (level 16).  And Wonder Woman has beaten him in combat as well.  Darkseid could win, but don't count on it.  Wonder Woman makes a habit of defeating stronger opponents with her superior training and techniques

So much wrong here that i don't even know where to start.The only real God in DC is the Prescence,Ares is far cry from any cosmic character..Batman one million and Karate Kid are the greatest fighters not Ares,and please stop using Superman/Batman as evidence.Her bracelets mean squat to the OE,enough of the Jeph Loeb BS. 
Also Batman's statement means nothing,Supes is faster than Diana and he proved it in the For Tomorrow storyline.
Avatar image for saren
#286 Posted by Saren (27938 posts) - - Show Bio
@pander1 said:
@King Saturn: Yeah... Ares is a God too.  A real God. THE God of War. Not just a strong alien who calls himself a God.    Ares is actually supposed to be, in the DC Universe, the greatest fighter in the Universe (level 16).  And Wonder Woman has beaten him in combat as well.  Darkseid could win, but don't count on it.  Wonder Woman makes a habit of defeating stronger opponents with her superior training and techniques
What? The greatest fighter in the Universe? Since when?
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#287 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:
@pander1 said:
@King Saturn: Yeah... Ares is a God too.  A real God. THE God of War. Not just a strong alien who calls himself a God.    Ares is actually supposed to be, in the DC Universe, the greatest fighter in the Universe (level 16).  And Wonder Woman has beaten him in combat as well.  Darkseid could win, but don't count on it.  Wonder Woman makes a habit of defeating stronger opponents with her superior training and techniques
What? The greatest fighter in the Universe? Since when?
Since never.
Avatar image for freefa11
#288 Posted by Freefa11 (2488 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Wonder Woman's bracelets have been indestructible on a pretty consistent basis, and the Omega Beams have been blocked or deflected on various other occasions. I don't see any real reason why they couldn't block the Omega Beams, especially when her getting in the way was completely unexpected.
Avatar image for mercy_
#289 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis Is For Tomorrow canon?
Avatar image for morpheus_
#290 Posted by Morpheus_ (34789 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@entropy_aegis Is For Tomorrow canon?
Sure. I can't find any reason why it shouldn't be. IIRC Equus also made subsequent appearances, which indicate he was incorporated to the DCU.
Online
Avatar image for entropy_aegis
#291 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
@entropy_aegis: Wonder Woman's bracelets have been indestructible on a pretty consistent basis, and the Omega Beams have been blocked or deflected on various other occasions. I don't see any real reason why they couldn't block the Omega Beams, especially when her getting in the way was completely unexpected.
Darkseid was fooled in to thinking he had killed Supergirl,even if the bracelets can deflect the OE the writing still leaves a lot to be desired.
Avatar image for outside_85
#292 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, she can deflect the Omega-Beams and she has the strength, speed, training and an unbreakable lasso to string Darksied from a chimney.

Avatar image for mercy_
#293 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_
@The Dark Huntress said:
@entropy_aegis Is For Tomorrow canon?
Sure. I can't find any reason why it shouldn't be. IIRC Equus also made subsequent appearances, which indicate he was incorporated to the DCU.
O_o I always thought it was non-canon. Although to be fair I haven't read it in ages and when I did, it confused the crap out of me.
Avatar image for the_ghostshell
#294 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@entropy_aegis Is For Tomorrow canon?

Yeah

Avatar image for mercy_
#295 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler

@The Dark Huntress said:

@entropy_aegis Is For Tomorrow canon?

Yeah

I still dislike it. The only thing that redeems that story for me is Lee's art.
Avatar image for the_ghostshell
#296 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Gambler

@The Dark Huntress said:

@entropy_aegis Is For Tomorrow canon?

Yeah

I still dislike it. The only thing that redeems that story for me is Lee's art.

I love that story (and obviously the art). Its darker then most Superman stories.

Avatar image for mercy_
#297 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Gambler

@The Dark Huntress said:

@entropy_aegis Is For Tomorrow canon?

Yeah

I still dislike it. The only thing that redeems that story for me is Lee's art.

I love that story (and obviously the art). Its darker then most Superman stories.

I know ;p Something about it just didn't resonate with me. And I'm definitely a fan of the darker stuff. I dunno. I just got no enjoyment out of it at all.
Avatar image for comicdude23
#298 Posted by comicdude23 (11901 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid slaughters.

Avatar image for comicdude23
#299 Posted by comicdude23 (11901 posts) - - Show Bio
@pander1 said:
@King Saturn: Yeah... Ares is a God too.  A real God. THE God of War. Not just a strong alien who calls himself a God.    Ares is actually supposed to be, in the DC Universe, the greatest fighter in the Universe (level 16).  And Wonder Woman has beaten him in combat as well.  Darkseid could win, but don't count on it.  Wonder Woman makes a habit of defeating stronger opponents with her superior training and techniques  
No. No. No and no. Ares is not the greatest fighter in the Universe. Darkseid wins this. He's stronger, more versatile, etc. Has telepathy too.
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#300 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid dosnt even need the omega beam he simply beats her to death.