Wonder Woman VS Darkseid

#151 Posted by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman certainly has the ability to defeat DARKSEID. She has the Skill, Strength wisdom and Weapons/Tools to do so....There are plenty of feats to support this. She can also block the Omega Beams.... There is no REASON why anyone should think she could not defeat him based on her feats.She would certainly need her Standard equipment + a Shield , and a Sword  to do it.

Sure people will say no she cant... but nobody can give a valid reason of why she can not.  

That being said,  DC Comics would probably never write a story where Wonder Woman defeats Darkseid since he is one of supermans main playmates

#152 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:
" Wonder Woman certainly has the ability to defeat DARKSEID. She has the Skill, Strength wisdom and Weapons/Tools to do so....There are plenty of feats to support this. She can also block the Omega Beams.... There is no REASON why anyone should think she could not defeat him based on her feats.She would certainly need her Standard equipment + a Shield , and a Sword  to do it.  Sure people will say no she cant... but nobody can give a valid reason of why she can not.    That being said,  DC Comics would probably never write a story where Wonder Woman defeats Darkseid since he is one of supermans main playmates   "
Darkseid is not a Superman villain and Wonder Woman does not have the ability to beat Darkseid at all.
#153 Edited by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

" Wonder Woman certainly has the ability to defeat DARKSEID. She has the Skill, Strength wisdom and Weapons/Tools to do so....There are plenty of feats to support this. She can also block the Omega Beams.... There is no REASON why anyone should think she could not defeat him based on her feats.She would certainly need her Standard equipment + a Shield , and a Sword  to do it.  Sure people will say no she cant... but nobody can give a valid reason of why she can not.    That being said,  DC Comics would probably never write a story where Wonder Woman defeats Darkseid since he is one of supermans main playmates   "

Darkseid is not a Superman villain and Wonder Woman does not have the ability to beat Darkseid at all. "
Curious why do you say Wonder Woman can not do it? What is your reasoning?
#154 Posted by Theodore (3607 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
Darkseid is not a Superman villain and Wonder Woman does not have the ability to beat Darkseid at all. "
Since when is he not a Superman villain?
Avatar image for death_certificate
#155 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore:
Since the beginning of New Gods
#156 Posted by Theodore (3607 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: I still consider him a Superman villain, just cause he's the villain in New Gods doesn't change anything.
#157 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
Since when is he not a Superman villain? "
He's never been a Superman villain at all. He's always been a New Gods villain.
#158 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

Curious why do you say Wonder Woman can not do it? What is your reasoning? "
He is much stronger, has taken hits from Superman level beings without any ill effects, and has beaten the Greek Gods that give Wonder Woman her powers in the first place... twice, though one of those instances is retconned because it was during Countdown.
#159 Posted by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

He is much stronger, has taken hits from Superman level beings without any ill effects, and has beaten the Greek Gods that give Wonder Woman her powers in the first place... twice, though one of those instances is retconned because it was during Countdown. "

Yeah I figured this would be the answer. Anyway YES he is stronger yes he has taken hits from Superman being without ill effects and yes he has beaten Greek Gods but none of that is proof that Wonder Woman is incapable of beating him. Wonder Woman can use her Sword/shield..... Wonder Woman can use her lasso and Wonder Woman can use her Braclets to win. Without them there is little if anything she can do to Win...since she can not hurt him....  But with them she is CAPABLE of winning 

Correct me if I am wrong but When Darkseid defeated the Greek Gods they never actually showed how he did it?

Wonder Woman does not fight like Superman and she does not need to be stronger than her opponents to win.  She certainly would not go into battle against Darkseid without atleast her sword and shield.  The fact that she can block is omega beams takes a huge advantage away from darkseid.

If this thread is about Wonder Woman trying to fight Darkseid hand to hand like Superman would do then of course she would lose.... but with her weapons she is certainly capable of defeating DarkSeid. At-least according to the rules on Comicvine battle forums she is capable given her feats and her particular type of weapons.
#160 Posted by greeneagle (280 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she could take him down if she wore the Gaunlets of Atlas, which maginifies her strength and stamina, plus she has the advantage of channeling Zeus's Lightning against Darkseid thru her bracelets
#161 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:
"Yeah I figured this would be the answer. Anyway YES he is stronger yes he has taken hits from Superman being without ill effects and yes he has beaten Greek Gods but none of that is proof that Wonder Woman is incapable of beating him. Wonder Woman can use her Sword/shield..... Wonder Woman can use her lasso and Wonder Woman can use her Braclets to win. Without them there is little if anything she can do to Win...since she can not hurt him....  But with them she is CAPABLE of winning   Correct me if I am wrong but When Darkseid defeated the Greek Gods they never actually showed how he did it? Wonder Woman does not fight like Superman and she does not need to be stronger than her opponents to win.  She certainly would not go into battle against Darkseid without atleast her sword and shield.  The fact that she can block is omega beams takes a huge advantage away from darkseid.If this thread is about Wonder Woman trying to fight Darkseid hand to hand like Superman would do then of course she would lose.... but with her weapons she is certainly capable of defeating DarkSeid. At-least according to the rules on Comicvine battle forums she is capable given her feats and her particular type of weapons. "
 How does that not prove that Wonder Woman can't beat him?
If he's stronger and has taken hits from Superman level beings without getting hit, how is Wonder Woman even going to hurt him?
In action comics 600 and other issues connected with it, the Greek Gods were shown to fear Darkseid's power and in Countdown he actually captured them and tortured them.
Also, Darkseid's omega effect can work through his hands too and even though she can block them, he can still just touch her and disintegrate her like this:

No Caption Provided

Also, Darkseid has more than just his Omega force powers. He also has a degree of telepathy and telekinesis.

No Caption Provided
#162 Posted by Cats (661 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say wonderwoma, in an unbeliveably close fight.
#163 Edited by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

New God Events in Countdown were retconned. No argument there, sir.

But DS wins. WW is more over rated than even Darkseid.

#164 Posted by stevon (1327 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786:
Isn't the second scan not actually Darkseid, though? I'm not arguing against Darkseid in this fight at all, but I think the time Darkseid encountered Dr. Fate was revealed to be Desaad posing as him.
#165 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@stevon said:
" @MrDirector786: Isn't the second scan not actually Darkseid, though? I'm not arguing against Darkseid in this fight at all, but I think the time Darkseid encountered Dr. Fate was revealed to be Desaad posing as him. "
Yeah. That was Desaad. Still, Desaad disguised as Darkseid has shown to use powers that Darkseid has like his omega beams and opening boom tubes.
#166 Posted by Taliax (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people forget that Wonder Woman was almost beaten to death by Mongul Sr? What stops Darkseid from doing the same?

#167 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7186 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid avatar beats her with a decent majority  
the real darkseid who has never even been seen by any earth heroes other than the spector kills her like she's less than nothing
#168 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.  This isn't even a battle.  It's a beating in Darkseid's favor.

#169 Posted by entropy_aegis (20950 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

He is much stronger, has taken hits from Superman level beings without any ill effects, and has beaten the Greek Gods that give Wonder Woman her powers in the first place... twice, though one of those instances is retconned because it was during Countdown. "
Yeah I figured this would be the answer. Anyway YES he is stronger yes he has taken hits from Superman being without ill effects and yes he has beaten Greek Gods but none of that is proof that Wonder Woman is incapable of beating him. Wonder Woman can use her Sword/shield..... Wonder Woman can use her lasso and Wonder Woman can use her Braclets to win. Without them there is little if anything she can do to Win...since she can not hurt him....  But with them she is CAPABLE of winning   Correct me if I am wrong but When Darkseid defeated the Greek Gods they never actually showed how he did it? Wonder Woman does not fight like Superman and she does not need to be stronger than her opponents to win.  She certainly would not go into battle against Darkseid without atleast her sword and shield.  The fact that she can block is omega beams takes a huge advantage away from darkseid.If this thread is about Wonder Woman trying to fight Darkseid hand to hand like Superman would do then of course she would lose.... but with her weapons she is certainly capable of defeating DarkSeid. At-least according to the rules on Comicvine battle forums she is capable given her feats and her particular type of weapons. "

superman has destroyed her sword with a drop of his blood,gauntlets,bracelets,heads, shields etc are all cool and all,but when compared to stuff like worlogog,genesis box ,anti-life equation they are just toys .she cannot block the beams or the effect and please dont up that encounter from the supergirl story to support it it was not legit,darkseid beat mordru a magical being on par with nabu who i  believe is superior to zeus,and it took darkseid only a second to do it. 
#170 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" Darkseid avatar beats her with a decent majority  the real darkseid who has never even been seen by any earth heroes other than the spector kills her like she's less than nothing "
#171 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3976 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about current WW, but I distinctly remember Mongul taking her down pretty easily.

Darkseid takes this without too much trouble.

#172 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"superman has destroyed her sword with a drop of his blood,gauntlets,bracelets,heads, shields etc are all cool and all,but when compared to stuff like worlogog,genesis box ,anti-life equation they are just toys .she cannot block the beams or the effect and please dont up that encounter from the supergirl story to support it it was not legit,darkseid beat mordru a magical being on par with nabu who i  believe is superior to zeus,and it took darkseid only a second to do it.  "
To be fair, that was Pre-Crisis Darkseid who took down Mordru and Time Trapper with ease and left them mentally scarred. And I do think that she blocked the omega beams because part of her soul was in him or something. But yeah, Darkseid wins this pretty easily. Superman and Wonder Woman together would still get stomped badly.
#173 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2806 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"   Darkseid.  This isn't even a battle.  It's a beating in Darkseid's favor. "
this.....
#174 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taliax said:
" Do people forget that Wonder Woman was almost beaten to death by Mongul Sr? What stops Darkseid from doing the same? "
That was Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman, weaker than the Post-Crisis version....
#175 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid wins.

#176 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"   Darkseid.  This isn't even a battle.  It's a beating in Darkseid's favor. "
#177 Posted by Sexy Merc (42478 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd back an Avatarseid over Diana. The real deal is too much for her.

#178 Posted by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

"Yeah I figured this would be the answer. Anyway YES he is stronger yes he has taken hits from Superman being without ill effects and yes he has beaten Greek Gods but none of that is proof that Wonder Woman is incapable of beating him. Wonder Woman can use her Sword/shield..... Wonder Woman can use her lasso and Wonder Woman can use her Braclets to win. Without them there is little if anything she can do to Win...since she can not hurt him....  But with them she is CAPABLE of winning   Correct me if I am wrong but When Darkseid defeated the Greek Gods they never actually showed how he did it? Wonder Woman does not fight like Superman and she does not need to be stronger than her opponents to win.  She certainly would not go into battle against Darkseid without atleast her sword and shield.  The fact that she can block is omega beams takes a huge advantage away from darkseid.If this thread is about Wonder Woman trying to fight Darkseid hand to hand like Superman would do then of course she would lose.... but with her weapons she is certainly capable of defeating DarkSeid. At-least according to the rules on Comicvine battle forums she is capable given her feats and her particular type of weapons. "
If he's stronger and has taken hits from Superman level beings without getting hit, how is Wonder Woman even going to hurt him?
In action comics 600 and other issues connected with it, the Greek Gods were shown to fear Darkseid's power and in Countdown he actually captured them and tortured them.
Also, Darkseid's omega effect can work through his hands too and even though she can block them, he can still just touch her and disintegrate her like this:

No Caption Provided

Also, Darkseid has more than just his Omega force powers. He also has a degree of telepathy and telekinesis.

No Caption Provided
"

You are completely missing my point. All I am saying is Wonder Woman is Capable of beating Darkseid....She does not need to be stronger than Darkseid to beat him. She can use her Lasso....She can use her Bracelets and she can use her Magic Sword and Shield. If any Mortal Being is Capable of beating Darkseid Wonder Woman is one of them. It is no IMPOSSIBLE for her to win like you are suggesting. Nothing that you are saying  and None of Darkseids FEATS PROVES he can beat Wonder Woman consistently or that it would be impossible for her to defeat him.

Sure the Greek Gods Feared DarkSied but they do not Fear the individual! they fear his Army and the Power he commands. Based on FEATS there is NO WAY Darkseid can defeat ZEUS in single combat. Zeus had MUCH greater feats of power than Darkseid....However the Olympians FEAR the fact that DARKSEID can breach OLYMPUS whenever he wants to and bring his sizable army to fight.  Darkseid has the means to capture them and torture them.... but I say again he needs his ARMY and a few other specialists to do this..... He can not just BOOMTUBE to OLYMPUS and start kicking the greek gods ass by himself.

DARKSEID did not single handily capture the Olympians

Wonder Woman is Capable of Defeating him..... and as I said before she is not going to FIST fight him or wrestle him...... she is going to use her SWORD and Shield...... she will not fight him like everyother person does. All I am saying is she is CAPABLE and it is POSSIBLE for her to do it.... You are saying its impossible which seems unsupported.

#179 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:

You are completely missing my point. All I am saying is Wonder Woman is Capable of beating Darkseid....She does not need to be stronger than Darkseid to beat him. She can use her Lasso....She can use her Bracelets and she can use her Magic Sword and Shield. If any Mortal Being is Capable of beating Darkseid Wonder Woman is one of them. It is no IMPOSSIBLE for her to win like you are suggesting. Nothing that you are saying  and None of Darkseids FEATS PROVES he can beat Wonder Woman consistently or that it would be impossible for her to defeat him.

Sure the Greek Gods Feared DarkSied but they do not Fear the individual! they fear his Army and the Power he commands. Based on FEATS there is NO WAY Darkseid can defeat ZEUS in single combat. Zeus had MUCH greater feats of power than Darkseid....However the Olympians FEAR the fact that DARKSEID can breach OLYMPUS whenever he wants to and bring his sizable army to fight.  Darkseid has the means to capture them and torture them.... but I say again he needs his ARMY and a few other specialists to do this..... He can not just BOOMTUBE to OLYMPUS and start kicking the greek gods ass by himself.

Wonder Woman is Capable of Defeating him..... and as I said before she is not going to FIST fight him or wrestle him...... she is going to use her SWORD and Shield...... she will not fight him like everyother person does. All I am saying is she is CAPABLE and it is POSSIBLE for her to do it.... You are saying its impossible which seems unsupported.

My point is that Wonder Woman is not capable of winning at all. Her magic sword was cracked when Superman threw a drop of blood at it. How is it going to do anything to Darkseid? And what will her shield do? Her bracelets were able to block his omega beams because she put part of her soul in him as revenge for him killing hundreds of her Amazon sisters. How do they not prove that he can beat her? No. They fear him alone. He and Desaad invaded Olympus and took it over and he owned Hermes. The Greek Gods had actually retreated at the time but when Diana found them, they showed their fear for Darkseid himself - not his army. What feats does Zeus have to suggest he could beat Darkseid at all? In both encounters between them, first the Greek Gods fled, and the second time he captured them and tortured them. And it's not just the Greek Gods. Darkseid has destroyed the Gods of countless other worlds. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman is not capable of beating him at all. If attacks from Superman level beings can barely do anything to him, how is Wonder Woman going to do anything? What will her sword, which Superman cracked by throwing a drop of his blood at, be able to do to him at all? How is her shield going to help at all? I think that the main reason why you think that Wonder Woman can beat him is because you think Darkseid is a Superman villain which is a common misconception. Darkseid is NOT a Superman villain. He is a New Gods villain. And most of his encounters with Superman end with him just sending Superman back to Earth with the Omega Effect. Superman would also get stomped badly by Darkseid. In fact, you could put Superman and Wonder Woman together against Darkseid and they'd still lose badly.
#180 Posted by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

Yeah I figured this would be the answer. Anyway YES he is stronger yes he has taken hits from Superman being without ill effects and yes he has beaten Greek Gods but none of that is proof that Wonder Woman is incapable of beating him. Wonder Woman can use her Sword/shield..... Wonder Woman can use her lasso and Wonder Woman can use her Braclets to win. Without them there is little if anything she can do to Win...since she can not hurt him....  But with them she is CAPABLE of winning   Correct me if I am wrong but When Darkseid defeated the Greek Gods they never actually showed how he did it? Wonder Woman does not fight like Superman and she does not need to be stronger than her opponents to win.  She certainly would not go into battle against Darkseid without atleast her sword and shield.  The fact that she can block is omega beams takes a huge advantage away from darkseid.If this thread is about Wonder Woman trying to fight Darkseid hand to hand like Superman would do then of course she would lose.... but with her weapons she is certainly capable of defeating DarkSeid. At-least according to the rules on Comicvine battle forums she is capable given her feats and her particular type of weapons. "
superman has destroyed her sword with a drop of his blood,gauntlets,bracelets,heads, shields etc are all cool and all,but when compared to stuff like worlogog,genesis box ,anti-life equation they are just toys .she cannot block the beams or the effect and please dont up that encounter from the supergirl story to support it it was not legit,darkseid beat mordru a magical being on par with nabu who i  believe is superior to zeus,and it took darkseid only a second to do it.  "
What is the point of even having this conversation if people are ust going to dismiss feats? Wonder Woman blocking the OMEGA BEAMS is a feat like it or not.... Its canon and not up to you to decide if its legit or not
#181 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

superman has destroyed her sword with a drop of his blood,gauntlets,bracelets,heads, shields etc are all cool and all,but when compared to stuff like worlogog,genesis box ,anti-life equation they are just toys .she cannot block the beams or the effect and please dont up that encounter from the supergirl story to support it it was not legit,darkseid beat mordru a magical being on par with nabu who i  believe is superior to zeus,and it took darkseid only a second to do it.  "
What is the point of even having this conversation if people are ust going to dismiss feats? Wonder Woman blocking the OMEGA BEAMS is a feat like it or not.... Its canon and not up to you to decide if its legit or not "
If it's PIS (which it was)/WIS, then canon or not, it's not counted among her feats. 
#182 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:
" What is the point of even having this conversation if people are ust going to dismiss feats? Wonder Woman blocking the OMEGA BEAMS is a feat like it or not.... Its canon and not up to you to decide if its legit or not "
First of all, that was written by Loeb who doesn't know anything about Darkseid and second of all I've heard she was only able to deflect them because she had placed part of her soul in him one time as revenge for Darkseid killing hundreds of her Amazon sisters.
#183 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Taliax said:
" Do people forget that Wonder Woman was almost beaten to death by Mongul Sr? What stops Darkseid from doing the same? "
That was Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman, weaker than the Post-Crisis version.... "
From what I've heard isn't that story actually one of the few Pre-Crisis stories that are still canon in post-crisis universe? I've heard this from different places and Zoom told me that the event has been mentioned in some post-crisis stories.
#184 Posted by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
" What is the point of even having this conversation if people are ust going to dismiss feats? Wonder Woman blocking the OMEGA BEAMS is a feat like it or not.... Its canon and not up to you to decide if its legit or not "
First of all, that was written by Loeb who doesn't know anything about Darkseid and second of all I've heard she was only able to deflect them because she had placed part of her soul in him one time as revenge for Darkseid killing hundreds of her Amazon sisters. "
I know its hard to hear, but its still cannon. If DC and the DC editors didnt want it to be a part of continuity they would not have published it. But, it was published. If DC didnt want it to stay in continuity -  they would have retconned it like they retconn everything else. But they didnt. 
#185 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@superdemon said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
First of all, that was written by Loeb who doesn't know anything about Darkseid and second of all I've heard she was only able to deflect them because she had placed part of her soul in him one time as revenge for Darkseid killing hundreds of her Amazon sisters. "
I know its hard to hear, but its still cannon. If DC and the DC editors didnt want it to be a part of continuity they would not have published it. But, it was published. If DC didnt want it to stay in continuity -  they would have retconned it like they retconn everything else. But they didnt.  "
Canon does not equal being legit. If that was the case, then Classic Thor getting knocked out when a missile hit him in the back of the head can be used since it's canon.
#186 Posted by Ferro Vida (34317 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Darkseid has this...

#187 Edited by superdemon (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

" @superdemon said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
I know its hard to hear, but its still cannon. If DC and the DC editors didnt want it to be a part of continuity they would not have published it. But, it was published. If DC didnt want it to stay in continuity -  they would have retconned it like they retconn everything else. But they didnt.  "
Canon does not equal being legit. If that was the case, then Classic Thor getting knocked out when a missile hit him in the back of the head can be used since it's canon. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)
#188 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@superdemon said:
"  @MrDirector786 said:
" @superdemon said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
Canon does not equal being legit. If that was the case, then Classic Thor getting knocked out when a missile hit him in the back of the head can be used since it's canon. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction) "
I don't think you get the point. As established in the Battle Forum Rules, there's a such thing as bad writing. Being part of canon does not mean you can automatically use it. Even if it happens in the mainstream continuity, if it goes against what is normally seen of the character without any real explanation or anything, then it is bad writing. If canon means I am allowed to use anything as long as it is in the mainstream continuity, then I am allowed to use Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armbar - something that was considered bad writing and in fact was so bad that the very writer who wrote that instance apologized for writing it. But guess what? Just because he apologized for writing such an instance does not mean it is out of canon unless that story in which that event happened was retconned and I don't know if it was. By your logic, I should be allowed to use that showing despite the fact that it is terrible writing.
#189 Edited by entropy_aegis (20950 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786:
Darksied owning mordru is cannon to modern continuity this was acknowledged in legion of superheroes #5 (current volume) which came out a few months ago.
#190 Posted by Thorstomp (131 posts) - - Show Bio
@never give up said:
" Darkseid simply beats the sh!t out of her.... "

#191 Posted by entropy_aegis (20950 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

"

"

Youre joking right ,zeus has more feats than darkseid?okay stop.swords,lassos etc are all obsolete garbage compared to the stuff darkseid and the new gods have used in the past.darkseid isnt going to fist fight her anyway ,and finally you need to understand one thing ,the omega beams are not an attack,they are a means for darkseid to USE a particular attack which can be anything he can imagine.they can go intangible if they want to .

notice how the beams go through batmans head ,he can make them energy blasts or something else depending on his wishes very few writers understand this,and unfortunately for you jeph loeb isnt one of them 
#192 Posted by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister said:

What is the point of even having this conversation if people are ust going to dismiss feats? Wonder Woman blocking the OMEGA BEAMS is a feat like it or not.... Its canon and not up to you to decide if its legit or not "
If it's PIS (which it was)/WIS, then canon or not, it's not counted among her feats.  "

And who decides if it is PIS?....
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#193 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Why WW blocking DS Ob is PIS? Did he ever destroyed any magical artifact with OB?

#194 Edited by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" @superdemon said:

"   @MrDirector786 said:

" @superdemon said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @FlagSister said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction) "
I don't think you get the point. As established in the Battle Forum Rules, there's a such thing as bad writing. Being part of canon does not mean you can automatically use it. Even if it happens in the mainstream continuity, if it goes against what is normally seen of the character without any real explanation or anything, then it is bad writing. If canon means I am allowed to use anything as long as it is in the mainstream continuity, then I am allowed to use Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armbar - something that was considered bad writing and in fact was so bad that the very writer who wrote that instance apologized for writing it. But guess what? Just because he apologized for writing such an instance does not mean it is out of canon unless that story in which that event happened was retconned and I don't know if it was. By your logic, I should be allowed to use that showing despite the fact that it is terrible writing. "
You are wrong about what is considered BAD WRITING My friend..... Wonder Woman has blocked Energy from so many different beings its ridiculous From GODS to Bullets..... I can't even remember a time that her Bracers failed  to block something when she was trying...... You would have a point if you had scans which showed them failing to deflect something of lesser strength or if she failed to block the OMEGA BEAMS before.

Now when she blocks an omega beam its bad writing? Sorry my friend its not bad writing... Look I dont  care who wins Darkseid or Wonder Woman..... I never said Wonder Woman would Win or Darkseid would win. All I have been saying is that she is CAPABLE of winning  her weapons and skill allow for it. Darkseid would have to take her as a serious threat if she is decked out in her armor and weapons ready for a 1 on 1 fight. He is not immune to her ATTACKS......  I have not even gotten into her other stuff like her gauntlet of atlas...... For you to say its impossible for her to win is being short sighted and irresponsible..... None of your arguments have proven to me that she is incapable  of winning.

Here is Wonder Woman Blocking Energy from all the OLYMPIAN GODS. Energy that is used to destroy Olympus in one blow  (But I guess thats bad Writing also so I can't use it?)  
No Caption Provided
#195 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister: She isn't capable of winning at all. It's not bad writing that she could deflect that Godblast, but you aren't giving ANY reasons at all as to how Wonder Woman has a chance or how she is possibly capable of beating him. You say that if she has her sword and her shield and her lasso and all her equipment then she is capable of winning.... but tell me.... what is she going to do with those things Her sword which you keep bringing up was cracked when Superman threw a drop of his blood at it. What is it going to do to Darkseid at all? And what is her shield going to do? And how is she going to hurt him at all if he withstands attacks from beings who are about her level in power and doesn't show any ill effects from getting hit? Wonder Woman has nearly been beaten to death by Mongul and Darkseid is about Mongul's level in strength and has many more powers such as his omega force abilities and psionic abilities such as telepathy and telekinesis. Wonder Woman is not capable of winning this at all no  matter how much you want her to stand a chance.
#196 Posted by entropy_aegis (20950 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael:
He sucked the magical energy of the sword of excalibur and also absorbed mordru.
#197 Edited by FlagSister (97 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" @FlagSister: She isn't capable of winning at all. It's not bad writing that she could deflect that Godblast, but you aren't giving ANY reasons at all as to how Wonder Woman has a chance or how she is possibly capable of beating him. You say that if she has her sword and her shield and her lasso and all her equipment then she is capable of winning.... but tell me.... what is she going to do with those things Her sword which you keep bringing up was cracked when Superman threw a drop of his blood at it. What is it going to do to Darkseid at all? And what is her shield going to do? And how is she going to hurt him at all if he withstands attacks from beings who are about her level in power and doesn't show any ill effects from getting hit? Wonder Woman has nearly been beaten to death by Mongul and Darkseid is about Mongul's level in strength and has many more powers such as his omega force abilities and psionic abilities such as telepathy and telekinesis. Wonder Woman is not capable of winning this at all no  matter how much you want her to stand a chance. "

Ummm if you are refering to For Tomorrow Superman story ARCH, That is not Wonder Womans Sword. That is an enchanted DAGGER 
When was CURRENT Wonder Woman ever beaten almost to death my Mongul? please post a scan or make a reference dont just repeat what you overheard.

Gauntlets of Atlas increase Wonder Woman's strength 10 times and stamina/durability by 10 At that level she is well beyond supermans level and probably darksieds level of strength.... Which probably will allow her to inflict adequate amounts of damage in her attacks
Deflecting his Omega Beams back at him
Using her Divine Lighnting.... probably would not kill him but certainly will inflict damage

The only way to finally Win would be to Entangle him with the lasso.... Even Darksied can not break the lasso.

If you dont think she stands a chance with 10 times her own strength/stamina/durability.... + her other weapons then I guess we can agree to disagree..... I dont care if she stands a chance or no....I could careless but from what I know, she stands a chance to win..... if you disagree then so be it.

If Wonder Woman is 10times stronger/stamina/durability and she can block his omega beams then what is Darkseid going to do to win?
#198 Posted by entropy_aegis (20950 posts) - - Show Bio
@FlagSister:
Now why dont you reply to my post.?
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#199 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @czarny_samael: He sucked the magical energy of the sword of excalibur and also absorbed mordru. "
But he didn't destroy them by OB? 
I would like to see othre examples, if the are post crisis of course.
#200 Posted by Static Shock (53047 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
"If it's PIS (which it was)/WIS, then canon or not, it's not counted among her feats.  "
What was PIS about it? All she did was show that she was able to deflect them with her bracelets. Darkseid had no clue she was coming, so he get the chance to maneuver them around her bracelets (and he was still aiming to strike Superman with them). This isn't to say that she could contend with Darkseid, but only that she has something that completely deflect the Omega Beams.

Here, she wouldn't be successful in deflecting them since Darkseid is able to move them around obstacles.

@MrDirector786 said:
First of all, that was written by Loeb who doesn't know anything about Darkseid
All Loeb did was show that her bracelets could deflect the Omega Beams, since Darkseid had no clue she was coming to intercept them. It's not like he wrote Wonder Woman to beat the crap out of Darkseid there. Her bracelets are indestructible, and bound by magic for a reason. There was nothing wrong with that showing.

@MrDirector786 said:
" From what I've heard isn't that story actually one of the few Pre-Crisis stories that are still canon in post-crisis universe? I've heard this from different places and Zoom told me that the event has been mentioned in some post-crisis stories. "
I haven't seen that documented anywhere....