no prep just a fight

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Static Shock

They once fought each other physically, but it was off-panel. The Justice League had to hold them back.

I like them both, but Captain Atom is a favorite of mine.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Captain Atom wins because he is a little more versatile than Wonder Woman... its a great fight though
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By The_Martian

Tough call. I think Wonder Woman would probably win due to her Lasso and fighting skills. It would be close though thanks to Atom's extra abilities.

angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By angryvigilante

WW

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock
@Nobody said:
" Tough call. I think Wonder Woman would probably win due to her Lasso and fighting skills. It would be close though thanks to Atom's extra abilities. "
I don't think the Lasso would work on him, as he's had his hand on it once and it didn't seem to have an effect on him. Does it have to be tied around him to work, though?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Martian
@Static Shock:  I was thinking more if she got it around his hands, she could prevent him from attacking.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Static Shock
@Nobody said:
" @Static Shock:  I was thinking more if she got it around his hands, she could prevent him from attacking. "
That's what appears to be happening there. But, he doesn't have to use his hands to attack her.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Martian
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Static Shock:  I was thinking more if she got it around his hands, she could prevent him from attacking. "
That's what appears to be happening there. But, he doesn't have to use his hands to attack her. "
Looked more like they were doing a tuggle war.

I realized that, but it would prevent him from doing a lot. Also if she keeps her hand on the other end of the lasso, she could jerk him around where she wants him.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm siding with Wonder Woman for now. Not sure whats going on in the panel above and why the Lasso appears to have no effect on CA. What issue is that from? Seems like the Lasso is getting jobbed there :P

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock
@Nobody: Maybe it could, but she could jerk him too close, and he could set of an omnidirectional blast or something. Since it looks as if the Lasso isn't working on him, he could always tug back. 

@Gambler: It was in an issue of Justice League America (whenever Overmaster was around). Wonder Woman and Cap were fighting off panel prior to what was posted, because they were once at odds with each other within the Justice League. Not sure if the Lasso is getting jobbed, but then again, Atom was recently revealed to be impervious to certain forms of magic.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Static Shock said:
" Atom was recently revealed to be impervious to certain forms of magic. "
This could explain it then.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock
@Gambler said:

" This could explain it then. "

Kinda iffy for some, though. Considering that Atom (along with JLE) were KO'ed by Dreamslayer's magical blast once and that Atom was breached by Crimson Avenger's bullets (which are enchanted with the ability to punch through anything). At the same time, Atom once absorbed Nekron's mystical energy to depower him and used his hand to deflect or stop a magical blast for a powered-up Dreamslayer later on. The Lasso not working adds more fuel to the flame, and Natasha Irons was the one that told him he was impervious to magic, and that the Shadowpact told his skin and energy in his body was 'anti-magic'
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Martian
@Static Shock:  Hopefully. I'd rather see Atom win lol
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler said:
" This could explain it then. "
Kinda iffy for some, though. Considering that Atom (along with JLE) were KO'ed by Dreamslayer's magical blast once and that Atom was breached by Crimson Avenger's bullets (which are enchanted with the ability to punch through anything). At the same time, Atom once absorbed Nekron's mystical energy to depower him and used his hand to deflect or stop a magical blast for a powered-up Dreamslayer later on. The Lasso adds more fuel to the flame, and Natasha Irons was the one that "
was the one that what?

And it sounds like it all depends on the writer at the time whether or not he can tank magic. If he was a more popular character his abilities would be portrayed in a more consistent manner I imagine.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
@Gambler: My post was edited. There's more. LOL. But, then you'd have to weigh the number of times he was defeated by magic against the number of times he's been able to endure it as if it was nothing.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Static Shock said:
" @Gambler: My post was edited. There's more. LOL. But, then you'd have to weigh the number of times he was defeated by magic against the number of times he's been able to endure it as if it was nothing. "
As well as how powerful the magic being used against him was and what effect it had. I agree. I also wonder if they differentiate between magic (say like Felix Faust type magic), and the power of the Gods of Olympus? Zeus recently unlocked the power of Diana's bracelets so now she can apparently unleash some sort of magical/god like lightning. Is that considered magic or something else?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock
@Gambler: That too. In reference to magical effects, Atom is highly-resistant/immune to mind control, but Mirabai was able to mind-control/brainwash him with magical spells. So, you have a point there. It would also depend on the magic's potency and it's effects. The lightning that Wonder Woman can emit is also magical, but then the Lasso is powered by the magic of a God of Olympus and that didn't effect him. With that said, I don't think her magic lightning would effect him, and he could very likely absorb it, too.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Static Shock:  Makes sense. I guess it would come down to whether or not Wonder Woman is skilled, and physically strong enough to take down Captain Atom while avoiding, or withstanding his powers.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock
@Gambler said:
" @Static Shock:  Makes sense. I guess it would come down to whether or not Wonder Woman is skilled, and physically strong enough to take down Captain Atom while avoiding, or withstanding his powers. "
I think she's strong enough to fight him physically. It's everything else that's a problem.
death monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By death monger

i think atom could keep at a distance though and blast the boobs off her
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock
@death monger: LOL
babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By babylinkz

I dont get this, im lost.......wouldnt he lose cause she is to fast for him? i thought thats what every was saying in 
ever other wonderwoman vs ( insert marvel hero name here) thread, wounderwoman wins cuse she to fast she can keep up withsuperman and some people take it as far as flash, but yet here we are wonderwoman vs captain atom and captain atom is no where nearrrrrrrrrrrr any of there speed, yess he is fast but not on there level and you guess are sayign its a good match???!!!??? if you guys can compare these to and call it a tuff call or undecided or say he wins or what ever other than a stomp then we need to go back and re-evaluate other fourms in watch people ar running around saying shes  beats all these other marvel heros top teirs
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock
@babylinkz said:
"But yet here we are wonderwoman vs captain atom and captain atom is no where nearrrrrrrrrrrr any of there speed
Captain Atom can move faster than half light-speed. Wonder Woman is just as fast. Nonetheless, Captain Atom can increase his speed further than that.
babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By babylinkz

please post me somthing that says that, no trying to be rude i just never seen anything like that
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
@babylinkz said:

" please post me somthing that says that, no trying to be rude i just never seen anything like that "

No Caption Provided
Captain Atom has the ability to increase his speed via the Quantum Field. All it requires is willpower. He stated himself in an issue of Justice League Quarterly that he could hit light speed if he wanted to. Because he can increase his physical abilities at will, I wouldn't put it past him.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@Gambler: The issue in which Atom was unaffected by the Lasso was Justice League Task Force #13, written by Mark Waid.
babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By babylinkz
@Static Shock:
k i have to read the issue to be sure but so far it seems like you are correct
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock
@babylinkz said:
" @Static Shock: k i have to read the issue to be sure but so far it seems like you are correct "
Let me save you the trouble... It was in Justice League Quarterly #14 when he said he could hit light speed.

No Caption Provided
gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gokuwarrior

wonder woman is faster than him,she has some light speed feats,like taking flash out of the speed force,follwing jessse quick to the speed force,one time she was getting out of a black hole,that's a faster than light feat,she is faster without a doubt,and most important,she is faster in reaction speed,way faster,she could block houndreds of pieces of light coming in all directions at once(the shattered god). she is also stronger,she is way more skilled as a fighter,durability could be a draw,he may be a little bit above,cos he isn't vulnerable against piercing weapons,but in all the rest,wonder woman is above him,specially in reaction speed,and skills,and she has has better defence,which she really doesn't need,because with her other advantages she can beat him.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By blackadamFTW

@gokuwarrior said:

wonder woman is faster than him,she has some light speed feats,like taking flash out of the speed force,follwing jessse quick to the speed force,one time she was getting out of a black hole,that's a faster than light feat,she is faster without a doubt,and most important,she is faster in reaction speed,way faster,she could block houndreds of pieces of light coming in all directions at once(the shattered god). she is also stronger,she is way more skilled as a fighter,durability could be a draw,he may be a little bit above,cos he isn't vulnerable against piercing weapons,but in all the rest,wonder woman is above him,specially in reaction speed,and skills,and she has has better defence,which she really doesn't need,because with her other advantages she can beat him.

How is she stronger?

Honestly, if CA let loose he could destroy WW.

If he's in character its a good fight, and it could go either way, but I still say Captain Atom can beat her.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Static Shock said:

@Gambler: The issue in which Atom was unaffected by the Lasso was Justice League Task Force #13, written by Mark Waid.

Sorry to quote you on a 2+ year old post but what were you and Static expecting the Lasso to do to him? Make him tell the truth? I didn't read the issue but in the scan it looks like he just caught it. I feel like I'm missing something here.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Pokeysteve: I dont remember to be honest lol

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WarBlade539

If it's The New 52 Captain Atom, she cannot beat him. He is way too powerful. His matter and energy manipulation powers are incredible. Turned an entire fleet of planes into feathers.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Atom wins

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock

@Pokeysteve said:

Sorry to quote you on a 2+ year old post but what were you and Static expecting the Lasso to do to him? Make him tell the truth? I didn't read the issue but in the scan it looks like he just caught it. I feel like I'm missing something here.

So, touching it does nothing?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37  Edited By Erik

@Static Shock:

Touching it would have made him tell the truth... had he been talking.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kinasin_

@darkazrael999 said:

If it's The New 52 Captain Atom, she cannot beat him. He is way too powerful. His matter and energy manipulation powers are incredible. Turned an entire fleet of planes into feathers.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock

@Erik: That's what I was thinking.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

@gokuwarrior said:

wonder woman is faster than him,she has some light speed feats,like taking flash out of the speed force,follwing jessse quick to the speed force,one time she was getting out of a black hole,that's a faster than light feat,she is faster without a doubt

Wouldn't really matter. She doesn't make at light speed in battle.

@gokuwarrior said:

she is faster in reaction speed,way faster,she could block houndreds of pieces of light coming in all directions at once(the shattered god).

That wasn't light. Those were shards. Physical matter. Either way, Wonder Woman has been tagged in battle many times. So, much for her reaction speed.

@gokuwarrior said:

she is also stronger,she is way more skilled as a fighter,durability could be a draw,he may be a little bit above,cos he isn't vulnerable against piercing weapons,but in all the rest,wonder woman is above him,specially in reaction speed,and skills,and she has has better defence,which she really doesn't need,because with her other advantages she can beat him.

Strength doesn't matter much. They are both in the same strength class, and they've already fought to a standstill. As for her skills, she doesn't even use them often, and even then, several characters (Captain Marvel, Superman, Genocide, etc) have already shown that skills are not required to fight her (because she's really not that skilled to the point where it mattered).

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Static Shock said:

Strength doesn't matter much. They are both in the same strength class, and they've already fought to a standstill. As for her skills, she doesn't even use them often, and even then, several characters (Captain Marvel, Superman, Genocide, etc) have already shown that skills are not required to fight her (because she's really not that skilled to the point where it mattered).

After Cap Marvel's sucker punch he never touched her. I assume you're referring to WotG? Sort of the same thing with Supe to a lesser degree. In both OMAC and Last Laugh, once she got serious he had trouble touching her. When the writers need her to get hit she does. I'm not familiar with her fight against Genocide so you can have that one =)

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By a88378438

ww

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock

@Pokeysteve said:

After Cap Marvel's sucker punch he never touched her. I assume you're referring to WotG? Sort of the same thing with Supe to a lesser degree. In both OMAC and Last Laugh, once she got serious he had trouble touching her. When the writers need her to get hit she does. I'm not familiar with her fight against Genocide so you can have that one =)

I just looked at the WotG fight. They hit each other an equal amount of times, and then the grappled until they were interrupted by Hermes and Mercury (plus, some of the fight was off-panel). So, I'm pretty sure he was able to get his hands on her.

In the Last Laugh, Superman was on top of her, pummeling her with punches until he was distracted by something else (never mind the fact that every time she managed to get away from her, he kept coming back for more and tagging her in the process) before she smacked his ears with her bracelets and used her lasso on him.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CODYSF

Is going to be a good match but I will got with Captain Atom on this one.

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SteveRogers

If WW cuts loose then she would win against a CA in character. But if he cuts loose then she's dead!

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jeanroygrant

Captain Atom.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Wonder Woman.

No, i expect better from you!! Why did you choose Wonder Woman?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

Captain Atom.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Wonder Woman.

No, i expect better from you!! Why did you choose Wonder Woman?

Shes faster and has better fighting skills.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gokuwarrior

superman can keep up with her because he's superman,he sucks as a fighter all the way and you know it,he should lose to her,because she has enough power to hurt him and even kill him,and also is a much better fighter,so she has the power(not equal to him,but enough power to face him)and much more skills,so do the math and it's as simple as that,she should beat him,superman can give her a good fight,no doubt,but considering the aspects that i just mentioned,she should beat him,the same goes for captain marvel,well she actually defeated him,so. genocide,i guess her creation was related to wonder woman,she said that genocide was somehow created from her,from her remnants,am i right?,if that's the case,we can assume that genocide has some fighting skills. as far as her fighting atom,she has proven that she reacts faster than him,so it matters,because she will be able to dodge/and or block most of his attacks,she has been tagged by people with super speed,that is what you mean right?,because wonder woman getting tagged by people like batman or deathstroke is a huge PIS moment,and i think you agree. atom'll land some hits,but she is fast enough to dodge or blok most of them,that's my point,and it's valid,so over all i think she wins.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By gokuwarrior

ok,so everyone thinks that wonder woman is the weakest powerhouse ever. all the time people say,supergirl can beat her,captain marvel can beat her,etrigan can beat her,powergirl can beat her,maxima can beat her,mongul can beat her. there is a singler powerhouse that you people think she can beat?,i know thst she isn't invincible,and some of the characters thst i mentioned can beat her,like maxima,but my point is that many people seem to underestimate her,people always say that she is much more powerful when someone puts her against mid-powerhouses,but then,when she fights a real powerhouse like she is supposed to be,she is taken like a push over,so she is a real powerhous,but still,she can't beat any real powerhouse,is that what you all are saying?,because it seems thast way.