Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) 4 months, 18 days ago

Poll: Wonder Woman (New 52) VS Optimus Prime (G1) (36 votes)

Wonder Woman 44%
Optimus Prime 56%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by baph (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

Optimus stomps this glorified mid-tier.

#2 Posted by Pipxeroth (9376 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph said:

Optimus stomps this glorified mid-tier.

#3 Posted by Green_Tea (10583 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Toratorn (7592 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by KanyeCosby (7262 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone post feats for a consistent Optimus?

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone post feats for a consistent Optimus?

#7 Posted by Green_Tea (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

can someone posts feats as to why WW is considered high tier?

#8 Posted by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio

can someone posts feats as to why WW is considered high tier?

sir you just started a war

#9 Posted by Yamiyodare (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman win, rather simply. Even though optimus attacks can be more devastating, it is behind other stats. Thus, it is for example much less strong and durable, and rather slow. Some shots of Wonder Woman and he is in pieces.

#10 Posted by MainJP (6548 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by MorbusGrav (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone post reasons why the comicvine is so goddamn braindead in each Wonder Woman thread?

#12 Posted by gunchar16 (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman slices Optimus into pieces.

#13 Posted by gunchar16 (1886 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana uses her haters to beat Optimus Prime into a pulp.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#15 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12148 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana blitzes Prime with her sword like she did to the Hydra.

#17 Posted by Itachus17 (3598 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

WW blitzes.

#18 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@yamiyodare: Look pal, Wonder Woman definitely has a vast advantage in strength in speed just like you said and on an even greater scale that you may believe but she has one specific weakness which is vulnerability to piercing weapons, and Optimus Prime as a general of the Autobots with experience from countless wars certainly has a lot of piercing weapons to use in order to crush Wonder Woman despite her tremendous physical prowess. He is also very wise with Wonder Woman probably making the same mistake as many foes of Optimus Prime, which is being arrogant. But I believe that this thread as well as every other thread I create could go either way. Wonder Woman could win with her amazing ability in melee combat while Optimus Prime is clearly besting Wonder Woman in ranged attacks. So this and every other thread should be how could either Wonder Woman or Optimus Prime win a hard fight instead of Wonder Woman murderstomping or Optimus Prime curbstomping.

#19 Edited by Kirkseven (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure she cuts him into pieces.

#20 Edited by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@kirkseven: Wonder Woman may be able to cut Optimus Prime into little pieces but just like that, Optimus Prime can blast Wonder Woman into even tinier pieces as well. So the conversation should not be about their amazing attack potency but also their defensive potential because they certainly have much lower durability compared to Hulk, Thor and Superman even if they are equally powerful as them, so exploiting each other's weakness or avoiding exposing themselves to direct blows might be the only way for either Wonder Woman or Optimus Prime to win this fight. But as in every other thread I create, this battle can go either way so just explain how one of these awesome characters can beat the other instead of simply talking about curbstomping or anything as ridiculous as that.

#21 Posted by somayareece (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone post reasons why the comicvine is so goddamn braindead in each Wonder Woman thread?

#22 Posted by Kirkseven (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital:

Wonder Woman may be able to cut Optimus Prime into little pieces but just like than, Optimus Prime can blast Wonder Woman into even tinier pieces as well. So the conversation should not be about their amazing attack potency but also their defensive potential

I would say speed is more important than durability, I don't think prime can resist a sword that can split atoms.

this battle can go either way so just explain how one of these awesome characters can beat the other instead of simply talking about curbstomping or anything as ridiculous as that.

Oh, I'm not saying it's the only way the fight can end.. or that it's a mismatch.

More often than not, one character is going to win frequently, which is who you see people favoring generally.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
#23 Posted by WolverineIsTOAA (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

If optimus prime can fly like a G6 he wins

#24 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@kirkseven: I chose these characters because both are popular and have been adapted for the big screen. It is the strongest version of Optimus Prime fighting against the weakest version of Wonder Woman. Because Superman, Martian Manhunter, Thor or Hulk are inconsistent and too overpowered for a fair battle in the Transformers universe, which is far more specific in power levels of characters than comics with lots of PIS.

#25 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to inform you that there was a Sentry VS Optimus Prime thread which was locked even if Sentry was beaten by the Hulk who is weaker than Wonder Woman who is an equal of Thor, meaning that Wonder Woman is definitely more powerful than Sentry, so even if Optimus Prime is tied with Wonder Woman in this thread, Sentry was beating Optimus Prime 8-1 before the thread was locked.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/sentry-vs-optimus-prime-2003320/

#26 Posted by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio

@morbusgrav said:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/world-breaker-hulk-vs-thor-beta-ray-bill-and-wonde-1873760/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/rune-king-thor-vs-god-mode-wonder-woman-1641781/

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#27 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really familiar with New 52 Wonder Woman, but I heard she's fairly watered down compared to her post crisis counterpart

#28 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@hey_thatsmildlyadequate: Yeah Optimus Prime is also much weaker in any other version than the G1 one I'm using in this thread.

#29 Posted by StormShadow_X (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not even G1 continuity in the picture so which G1 we talking about? the inconsistent animated version the slightly less inconsistent comic version?

#30 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: The battle's description specifically states New 52 and G1 versions for Wonder Woman and Optimus Prime, respectively. You can comment on other versions but this thread should not be considered a mismatch for taking a more powerful version of Wonder Woman or a weaker version of Optimus Prime into account. They are both wise leaders of two powerful races but they should be equal in their fight, so because of the vastly powerful characters of the DC Universe vastly outnumbering those of the Transformers universe, who I think are only two, Unicron and Primus, I should choose the weakest Wonder Woman and the strongest Optimus Prime, so even if one may say that Wonder Woman is a hundred times stronger or faster, this thread compares the pros and cons of those characters as if they are even. And Wonder Woman is far more inconsistent from Optimus Prime, as every major comic book character of either Marvel or DC is far more inconsistent than any popular movie or video game character.

#31 Posted by StormShadow_X (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: What makes you think this is the strongest Prime? and No the Classic transformers are far more inconsistent

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
#32 Posted by Adm1ralSnackbar (299 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@adm1ralsnackbar: Yeah many people are saying Optimus stomps but the voters are indicating otherwise when they are evenly split between the two characters.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
#34 Posted by RandyButterNubs (573 posts) - - Show Bio

G1 Optimus is considered a planet buster

#35 Posted by Itachus17 (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure she cuts him into pieces.

#36 Posted by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@randybutternubs: Wonder Woman before Flashpoint but after the Crisis on Infinite Earths was considered to be Solar System level, and her slight New 52 nerfs puts her on the planet busting level of G1 Optimus so this fight is completely fair. To be honest, none of them is a planet buster and power scaling is wrong but still useful when used in relative rather than absolute terms.