• 156 results
The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The WeatherMan

Superman's skin was said to be impenetrable, as he was being fired at with torpedos and warheads and didn't even have a burn or a scratch on his skin. But, the question here is, would Wolverine be able to pierce his skin? Will adamantium prove to be too sharp for the invulerable skin of Superman? You decide.

Post Edited:2007-04-02 16:42:40

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I would imagine it could under the right circumstances. However, Wolverine probably doesn't possess the strength required to force it through IMO. It takes less than a pound of pressure for a blade to pierce a normal man's skin though.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By speed

it wouldnt. maybe under a lot of kryptonite. alot

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Icoop

Maybe they'd just stand in place and Wolverine's hand would keep moving forward, until they went back to their resting position.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Gottheit

I think if Superman were really trying, he could crack Wolvie's Adamantium...and, I don't think Wolvie would cut Superman. But, if he were enraged enough, I think a slash from Logan would cause Superman pain nonetheless.

Avatar image for canadianwolverine
CanadianWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CanadianWolverine

Does adamantium exist in the DC universe? How about Kryptonite, does it exist in the Marvel universe? Which universe does this attempt at peircing, slashing, gouging, ripping or otherwise parting of Kryptonian skin take place? Have they ever met in a cross over and what happened then?

Despite all my questions surrounding this, my first gut reaction would be that similar to when Superman died, bone does the trick then, so why not bone laced with a nigh indestructable metal? That is assuming Superman doesn't just step out of the way really fast in the first place, so I am assuming Superman lets this happen. This is like one power going up against the other, I take it. But anytime you bring the rest of Superman's stuff into it, Wolverine doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The WeatherMan

This isn't a fight, this is just Supermen stretching out his arm and Wolverine sticking his claws into it. Like an experiment. A power vs. a power. Obviously in a fight, Superman will rip Wolvie to shreds, claws or not.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Methos

hmmm i agree with photon here... in a fight superman would beat wolverine to a pulp...

could adamatium cut supermans flesh... unbreakable metal vs the man of steel...

my moneys on supermans skin... he has flows through the sun so i'm guessing adamantium... hell any metal isn't going to create as much pressure on his skin as the corona of a star would.

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

With enough force behind the claws they could pierce Superman's skin, but Wolverine doesn't have anywhere near that level of strength.

Saying Superman can fly through a (yellow) sun doesn't mean anything. The sun gives him his power, it's not going to hurt him.
Post Edited:2007-04-02 21:59:53

Avatar image for canadianwolverine
CanadianWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, good point! Forgot that he's been through those kinds of situations before, so yeah, adamantium claws - no chance. Hmm, then how did Doomsday put cuts on his skin?

Okay, I have no clue what would happen now.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

CanadianWolverine says:

"Oh, good point! Forgot that he's been through those kinds of situations before, so yeah, adamantium claws - no chance. Hmm, then how did Doomsday put cuts on his skin? ... Okay, I have no clue what would happen now."

Doomsday didn't put claws on his skin, they were pertrusions of his own bones... he was also kryptonion (of sorts)

i didn't mean about the heat of the sun i ment about the 'pressure' of it against his skin, or a volcano's magma?

M

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The WeatherMan

Hmm. He doesnt have stamina, he is basically made of space rock. He doesnt need to breathe, eat, sleep and such so i don't think tiredness applies to him.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The WeatherMan

Doomsday's level of strength was probably even higher than Superman's at the time, but not by much. If it was adamantium claws + Doomsday's strength then Superman would have a whole lot more holes to worry about. But i think Wolverine is nowhere close to being that strong.

Post Edited:2007-04-02 23:00:08

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

during the first fight doomsday was probably at his weakest i think... at the begining of the book you see him buried underground in a steel 'coffin'.

he punches his way through that, growing the boney knuckles in the process and then proceedes to dig up through the earth to the surface. he then engages in battle with the justice league at the time...

he takes down Wonder Woman, Guy Guardner (with yellow power ring), The Flash, Bloodwynd (?!?) and others including plastic man before he finally gets to superman for the final battle... more than likely after all of that he was weakened quite a bit.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos

fair point...

M

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GL Bertron

Supes would win unles Wolerine managed to gain either equal or greater powers.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sync

where do these thing come from.

im out to lunch on the whole, force behind it, supeman surived the whole earth blowing up

hes surived super novas, flown though black holes.. and those things pack a PUNCH(and thats being light) the mans makes diamond out of coal, melts metal, i think the adamantium goes bye bye.

if someone who was his equal maybe had it like, ultraman(his dc oppsite). he may cut him with it, but the question is,is adamantium strong enough? it could just be like steel or a lesser metal not even hurt him not matter who uses it

now in doomsday case "IMO" his bones are far stronger the stupid weak adamantium , i feel that doomsday bones would cut though logans claws. Also in maverl a dumb freakin werewolf i think name lobo, whos a muntant , bones withstood logan adamantium claws, if a dumb super mutant werewolf can withstand his claws, what will a doomsday bones do agianst him,much less superman

and yes he flys though a sun, not many do that, much less even reach the sun, it aura burns you to a crisp miles out, it heats earth somewhat

Last on doomsday i just think superman was dumb, so many times he flown to the sun got "sundrunk" and pounded away, doomsday comes in, but hey people like for people to lose

and sorry about the stupid and lame stuff in my post(word usage)

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By speed

Buckshot says:

"With enough force behind the claws they could pierce Superman's skin, but Wolverine doesn't have anywhere near that level of strength. Saying Superman can fly through a (yellow) sun doesn't mean anything. The sun gives him his power, it's not going to hurt him.
Post Edited:2007-04-02 21:59:53"

superman flew through a red sun and kryptonite

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I know that. I showed you that. That's why I said "yellow".

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By speed

i know

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

To cut Superman's (or anyone else's) skin requires sufficient pressure and a material that won't break under the force applied. Assuming adamantium is 'unbreakable' (Superman isn't), then the issue is finding someone strong enough to be able to apply enough force to the blade. Wolverine doesn't possess super strength and is unlikely to be able to do the job.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By speed

how do people in marvel know that adamantium is unbreakable cause this picture proves its not

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

616 Adamantium is unbreakable. Ultimate Adamantium either isn't, or Hulk is just that strong. He's broken it even before that.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By speed

then its not unbreakalbe

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

There's a difference between 616 and Ultimate Universe.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By speed

then how do people know 616 Adamantium is unbreakalbe

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Because it hasn't been broken?

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By speed

it doesnt mean its unbreakalbe

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Works both ways. Superman is called indestructible and invulnerable, doesn't mean he is.

fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fire

true

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sync

lol your kidding right,

Its hard enough to follow all reason here, but now we are "cheeseing" saying that

Adamantium is not unbreakable even though it been showed?

ifs that the case; is "ulimate" water the same, is their oxgyen the same...

base off whats being said it may not be...but we really do not know...

and now which logan is fighting lol?

"Superman is called indestructible and invulnerable"

Superman shown to be able to be hurt

lots have done it, i feel if he has been hurt/bleed.. than its only fair to say if Adamantium has been broke that it can be broke

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sync

And nope your not being naive, k is like the great bane to superman, it all it forms, there are more than just the standard green.

but we have to keep in mind, that would know about k in marvel or adamantium in dc, and just beacuse it unbreakable does not mean it can be bent?

im i being naive on that one?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Superman has been physically hurt (even when Kryptonite wasn't present), so he can be hurt. 616 Adamantium has not (to my knowledge) ever broken so there's reason to believe it's actually indestructible like Marvel has said. Ultimate Adamantium is clearly not as unbreakable since it's been broken at least once. (I don't count the time where Hulk rips Wolverine since nowhere is it said that Wolverine's ligaments and or joints are covered in adamantium, so it's likely that is what ripped, not his actual bones.) 616 Adamantium is unbreakable. Superman's skin is not. With the proper force behind it, Wolverine's claws could pierce Superman's skin.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zero edge

True adamantium is indestructable as said by marvel already, although there is fake adamantium in 616 which is breakable, if say someone like like Hulk rips is. Wolverine is bonded with true adamantium.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Walkingstone

Wouldn't it only be possible to pierce Superman's skin if the adamantium was coated in kryptonite? Or am I being naive?

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sync

wow it fake? for real can you please show me where i can read 616 stuff is fake?

wow i did not know that, what else is fake in their world? or weaker or whatnot?

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sync

are we going to have to make a post on if adamantium is breakable or not ? oh well? just a thought.

Now i thought your skeletal sucture was your all your bones and cartaige(if that spelled right)

I may be wrong, "im not a doctor, jim im a martial artist"(had to say it i love old star trek bones) but is not your spine/back disc made up bones and they all connected?

oh well im off to study real fast to see if this is wrong or right?

wiki and a doc call :)

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zero edge

I don't remember where I read about a downgraded version of the adamantium, it's actually not fake, I kind of overexaggerated. Since real adamantium is too expensive to keep making they had to downgrade the materials which results in it being just very very durable.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Walkingstone

And the Buckshot has spoken :D Thanks, that's actually cleared that up in my head.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Since it is Wolvie's spine that is ripped in half in that pick, I should point out that you are seeing his adamantium vertebrae seperated not broken. Even if we figure that adamantium and kryptonian skin are as invulnerable as each other, his claws could cut Superman only if sufficient force is applied.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By Darkchild

maybe admantium is suppose to be unbreakable but it was turned into a liquid state when being pulled from Wolverines body

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I read a thing on how he could do that. It said he altered it on a molecular level, breaking bonds and stuff so it could be removed as liquid. If the claws were coming at Superman he wouldn't be able to alter it's molecular structure, so they could stab him.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

As a liquid it would be just as malleable as anything else. Presumably adamantium has a melting point, just like any other metal. Breaking molecular bonds is easy, you don't need mutant powers or a Green Lantern ring to do it. Superman could do what you're talking about easily enough with his heat vision. But this isn't about how badly Superman could hurt Wolverine in a fight, just whether Wolvie could hurt Superman. The answer is a definite possibly.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Superman's skin.

magoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By magoz

ok I'm about to piss off a lot of superman lovers and to be honest I don't care.

1st of all none of you have ever hear of wolverine's buzzerk mode.(it has never been measured, so there for we don't know how strong he actually can be.)
2nd adamantium has been tested by the strength of thor and his hammer (who is a god like being not just an alien), and he didn't event put a dent at  his full strength.
3rd wolverine has dodged a blast from cyclops at point blank range(that means right in front of) what makes you think he can't keep up with superguy's speed.
4th the hulk has never ripped wolverine spin, some of you are right his joints aren't glazed with adamantium. the only thing the hulk did was rip him apart from the joint and it didn't take too long before he was back on his feet.(think of it as dislocating something to the extreme)and please don't jump to your own conclusions bases only an a pic.
and last but not least batman has brought superman to near death(batman: a human with some {tactical skills} something that wolverine has developed a lot over his extended life time.)

my vote: against most of yours wolverine would cut thought the all great and mighty superman.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman is not invulnerable, he gets hurt all the time

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AtPhantom
magoz said:
"
ok I'm about to piss off a lot of superman lovers and to be honest I don't care.

1st of all none of you have ever hear of wolverine's buzzerk mode.(it has never been measured, so there for we don't know how strong he actually can be.)
2nd adamantium has been tested by the strength of thor and his hammer (who is a god like being not just an alien), and he didn't event put a dent at  his full strength.
3rd wolverine has dodged a blast from cyclops at point blank range(that means right in front of) what makes you think he can't keep up with superguy's speed.
4th the hulk has never ripped wolverine spin, some of you are right his joints aren't glazed with adamantium. the only thing the hulk did was rip him apart from the joint and it didn't take too long before he was back on his feet.(think of it as dislocating something to the extreme)and please don't jump to your own conclusions bases only an a pic.
and last but not least batman has brought superman to near death(batman: a human with some {tactical skills} something that wolverine has developed a lot over his extended life time.)

my vote: against most of yours wolverine would cut thought the all great and mighty superman.

"
1. It's spelled Berserk. And he can be 50 times stronger than he is usually, he still wont break Superman's skin.
2. We're not examining the durability of Adamantium here, we're examining if he could break through Supes' skin.
3. That means nothing at all here since it isn't an actual fight.
4. I agree.
5. Batman never brought Superman to near death, not even close.
6. Wolverine doesn't stand a chance in hell in an actual fight.
magoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By magoz
AtPhantom said:
"magoz said:
"

"
1. It's spelled Berserk. And he can be 50 times stronger than he is usually, he still wont break Superman's skin.
2. We're not examining the durability of Adamantium here, we're examining if he could break through Supes' skin.
3. That means nothing at all here since it isn't an actual fight.
4. I agree.
5. Batman never brought Superman to near death, not even close.
6. Wolverine doesn't stand a chance in hell in an actual fight.
"
ok event thought i dont agree i will level with you on most of these.
but one thing i cant just pass by is number 5: please read the batman hush series just the fist part and if that doent do it 4 u check out frank miller's The Dark Knight Returns
keep in mind super man has no battle training he relies only on his power.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magoz said:
but one thing i cant just pass by is number 5: please read the batman hush series just the fist part and if that doent do it 4 u check out frank miller's The Dark Knight Returns
keep in mind super man has no battle training he relies only on his power.
The Dark Knight Returns is non canon and Batman didn't beat Superman in Hush.
If you read, you will see Batman even admits Superman could splatter him all over the place if he wanted.

Superman is a master of Kyrptonian Martial Arts and has been trained by Batman, Wonder Woman, Mongul, as well as many others. He trained 1000 years in Valhalla. He beat Batman without powers before. Here you can see him using pressure points and other various techniques to take down Ultraman.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
Buckshot said:
"With enough force behind the claws they could pierce Superman's skin, but Wolverine doesn't have anywhere near that level of strength."
QFT