No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Wolverine wins because Roy's fire will barely slow Logan down until he SNKIT.

Also, @wolverine08 get in here buddy.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm backing Roy.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kyrees

wolverine regens all those burn attacks from mustang.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Could go either way... Wolverine's durability will surely prove to be rather practical in this fight, let alone his speed. I may be going with Wolverine 6/10.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine008

Roy has never been able to deal with someone as fast as Wolverine closing in on him using his flame alchemy that I can remember. He hasn't done anything to suggest that if Wolverine soaks the first wave of heat and then decides that he wants to close in, that Roy will be able to keep up and prevent him from doing so. Combined with the fact that James can soak his fire for an extended period via the healing factor, and has massive physicals and technical skill edges that will shift he fight in his favor when he closes up makes me put my money on him. Roy has the means to tax the healing factor for the win, but he lacks some other tools to get a majority here.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wolverine08:

For starter Logan has every physical advantage one could have here, I don't think anyone could attempt to argue against that, but I think Roy can contend with Wolverine's speed given his showing against the Gold Toothed Doctor super soldiers, granted Wolverine is faster then them given feats, but I don't think the disparity is THAT huge, it's there but not to the point Logan is multiple times faster.

That being said, they're starting off 50 feet away, that is the main reason I think Roy can win. I don't think Logan can cover that distance and get the very important first hit on Roy.

Sure, Logan could take several hits from Roy's flames, but I think the latter would eventually wear the formers healing factor down just like he did against other foes with incredible healing factors such as Envy and Lust.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolverine008

@dccomicsrule2011: First off, I'd have to disagree that the speed edge Wolverine posses here isn't that huge or important overall. James has regularly disappeared on people even while in weakened states, dismembered men fast enough that they didn't notice they lost their limbs,kept up with and even managed to make a Spider-Man whom at this point of his life was covering 2 miles in 5 seconds think he could be possibly be faster than him with his speed, dodged bullets after they have been fired, outran bullets, reacted to lightning from Ragnarok Thor, blitzed and killed people starting from a distance so fast they didn't notice they died, etc. I honestly can't remember anything from Roy to mention his speed in the same sentence with Wolverine. I also don't find the 50 ft. starting distance too advantageous to Roy. Wolverine has already covered a 30 ft. so fast it looked like he wasn't actually moving. I'm fairly certain that once he sees that Mustang is a range guy that there isn't much to stop him from trying to close in. James also has enough feats against heat to let me say he could soak some fire from Roy. He stood beside the Sun with the Phoenix during Grant Morrison's New-Men for a short period and healed fairly quickly besides having his eyes take a little longer to catch up, and he's soaked heat so hot from Ragnarok Thor right after taking two hammer blows to the head that Spider-Man literally couldn't hold his body and he still wanted to get back in the fight, he recently pulled off atmosphere reentry in Savage Wolverine and hit the plane t completely healed just off the top of my head. Now, I'm not trying to say the healing factor is unstoppable. It can and has been taxed, and Roy has the means to do so via his flame alchemy, but James does have showings that make me think he can take it for some time. Combined with the fact if Wolverine does close in, Roy will be facing someone whom is far more physically potent and martially adept than him along with one shot potential in his hands, not sure I'd back Roy.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

Roy for shiggles

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolvies been dipped in magma, Reduced to a skeleton and, against ALL logic, kept trucking, I'm going with him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine008

@god_spawn: You've had enough shiggles for one day mate.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wolverine08:

LOL. I concede. I really took Roy simply because I was playing Devils advocate, plus, Roy is one of my favorite characters in all of fiction. :P

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 god_spawn  Moderator

@wolverine08: Never enough shiggles. I'll actually look through this better when I get home and not on mobile.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: You concede, already? Where is your spirit my fellow Viner? Roy would want you to represent his flames with passion! Let your FMA fanboy loose!

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Wolverine will shake off his fire attacks like cotton candy...Also Roy won't be able to go ham in a crowded city. Wolverine can still slice and dice.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine his regen would take this.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 god_spawn  Moderator

Wolverine for shiggles

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daken.

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By OminousFlare

lol This is a joke, right? We're talking about the regenerating Wolverine who can't even die when you slice him up, let alone, what, burn him up? I mean, sure, Envy could regenerate as well, but he was practically a f***ing pussy compared to Wolverine. Wolverine, Wolverine, what the f***?! He's endured countless years of pain, dude. Burning him up isn't going to stop him from charging into a rampage and slice your dick off.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wolverine08:

xP Alrighty then, you asked for it, I will have a rebuttal up for your post when I can get to a desktop (currently on my mobile)

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ominousflare: Well for one. Calm down lol. Two: he burned Lust, not Envy, to death.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: O_o You thought I was serious? Heh, I guess I could use a little debate anyways.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: Yeah, but the point was that regeneration didn't help Envy one bit - not because his regeneration powers were useless, but because he didn't have the endurance and conviction to plough through the fire and kill Mustang.

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OminousFlare

@wolverine08: Still, the healing factor put Mustang at a big disadvantage here. For one, Mustang is only a police-soldier. Yes, he is badass, and he did fight through several Homunculus, but the fact remains that Wolverine has more experience as a soldier whose blood-thirst and savageness could only be matched by his skill, instincts, and strategic prowess. He's like Batman on drugs. Mustang is put at a very severe disadvantage here, and if we're talking about a definite answer, Wolverine's chances to win put him as the victor.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine should lose with the starting distance as far as I am concerned. Im sorry, his healing factor is inconsistent as hell, and should not tank the flesh being burnt of in a steady stream anymore than beings dropped in a vat of liquid red hot metal.

With this distance, Roy should win.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ominousflare: I know, i was simply making sure you were aware of your slight, slight mistake, nothing big.

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Or he could just play dead and wait for Mustang to turn his back on him. Like I said, Mustang's lack of experience compared to the war veteran might just render him careless enough for Wolvie to get one-up on him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wolverine008

@cadencev2: Eh, Wolverine's healing factor has pretty consistent feats of soaking heat, and he has covered a 30 foot distance nigh instantaneously before, he stands a fair chance is all I'm saying.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pokergeist

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2: Eh, Wolverine's healing factor has pretty consistent feats of soaking heat, and he has covered a 30 foot distance nigh instantaneously before, he stands a fair chance is all I'm saying.

Could he make it, Sure, he has feats saying he could not be affected by the heat all, practically immune to it damn near. Should he make the 50 feet with no obvious damage? IMO he should not. Not when Roy has reacted to pretty fast beings already and burn to ashes insane healing factors.

This is all IMO.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Yeah, I agree that he shouldn't cover be whole 50 feet picture perfect, but with his speed and the healing feats against forces are more powerful than Roy's flames, I think he can get up close and still be functioning at a decent capacity to win. Off topic, when did you start watching FMA? I didn't know you like anime.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wolverine08:

I wasn't very serious either, hence the "xP" and "you aksed for it".

Was just throwing bait in the water that's all.

I'm a fan, never a fanboy. I know when my favorite character can and can't take the majority in a battle and here is simply not one of them.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Come on now, let that inner fanboy free just once to revel in it. Go to the dark side!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Yeah, I agree that he shouldn't cover be whole 50 feet picture perfect, but with his speed and the healing feats against forces are more powerful than Roy's flames, I think he can get up close and still be functioning at a decent capacity to win. Off topic, when did you start watching FMA? I didn't know you like anime.

I loved FMA actually when it aired on Adult Swim. Avatar the Last Air Bender was over, and FMA fit the bill for me.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just replace X-23 with Wolverine and Hazmat with Roy.

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: See, people tend to forget - just because you are burned and injured doesn't mean you can't suck it up and take down your enemy anyway.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wolverine008
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Fire is probably the least effective of attacks against Wolverine. I can't even remember the last time fire has crippled him.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cameron83

@wolverine08: I would love to debate you one day.

Captain America vs Wolverine.

Called it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @ominousflare:

People tend to forget that Wolverine isn't a whiny b!tch when it comes to pain like the homunculus are >_>

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: You ain't ready for me youngin'!

Holy f*ck. How do you have,like,20,000 posts?!?!? I joined,like,in 2011. You joined,like,1 year ago! WTF!

How do you have 20,000 posts!?!?!!?

Anyway,I digress.

Bring it on,chump!

I think that we're approximately the same age,though.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

woverine.

stamina, infinite healing factor unlike lusts, pain resistance.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wolverine008

@omgomgwtfwtf: You can't lowball the homunculus too much though. Not everyone can soak pain badassly like Wolverine :D

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@erik said:

Fire is probably the least effective of attacks against Wolverine. I can't even remember the last time fire has crippled him.

Roy's fire is pretty potent. It incinerated a creature thought to be mostly immortal (that's... a little more complicated). A homunculus has extremely rapid healing - as shown in the upcoming video, she was able to come back from being burned down to the bones repeatedly in the same fight. But after killing Lust, Mustang became feared by others, including Envy. His abilities are so precise that he can boil his opponent's eyeballs, or completelyengulf them. He has a lot of options.

Mustang vs Lust: (10:00)

Loading Video...

Mustang vs Envy. Highlights: At 5:10, specifically, Envy expresses fear of Mustang, because he was able to kill Lust. Incinerates his target's eyes at 4:35 (monster-size) and 7:33 (human size).

Skip to the following points, because most of this is irrelevant. Watch 2:50 to 5:30. 6:45 to 12:20

Loading Video...

The reason this fight was longer is because Envy was smart enough to run and had time to regenerate. But he never got close to Mustang, because his blasts knocked him on his knees every time.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

I just hate how they are supposed to be these big bads, but when they get a little burned, they start screaming like a little girl. Come on now! Have a little dignity...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@jedixman said:
@erik said:

Roy's fire is pretty potent. It incinerated a creature thought to be mostly immortal (that's... a little more complicated). A homunculus has extremely rapid healing - as shown in the upcoming video, she was able to come back from being burned down to the bones repeatedly in the same fight. But after killing Lust, Mustang became feared by others, including Envy. His abilities are so precise that he can boil his opponent's eyeballs, or completelyengulf them. He has a lot of options.

Mustang vs Lust: (10:00)

Loading Video...

Mustang vs Envy. Highlights: At 5:10, specifically, Envy expresses fear of Mustang, because was able to kill Lust. Incinerates his target's eyes at 4:35 (monster-size) and 7:33 (human size).

Skip to the following points, because most of this is irrelevant. Watch 2:50 to 5:30. 6:45 to 12:20

Loading Video...

The reason this fight was longer is because Envy was smart enough to run and had time to regenerate. But she never got close to Mustang, because his blasts knocked her on her knees every time.

Very interesting. I will review this material and contemplate.