Wolverine vs rath (Ben 10)

WeaponX1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wolverine has his standard equipment. Rath has his standard equipment.

Fight starts in Central Park civilians are not present.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wolverine

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Rath is an 80+ tonner

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Wolverine guts him. Rath may be physically stronger, but not to the point where James can't tank his hits(granted he gets any hits in at all). Rath also fights VERY predictably and is quite frankly, as smart as a sack of bricks.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine guts him. Rath may be physically stronger, but not to the point where James can't tank his hits(granted he gets any hits in at all). Rath also fights VERY predictably and is quite frankly, as smart as a sack of bricks.

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zjun_

@juiceboks said:

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any hits in at all? You realize Rath is just as quick, and much more agile than wolverine, right? I'm pretty sure Rath would be able to land hits on Wolverine.

Albeit Wolverine would still win though. Rath has no way of permanently putting down wolverine, and Wolverine could pretty easily cut him.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine has a lot better feats than Rath.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

Any hits in at all? You realize Rath is just as quick, and much more agile than wolverine, right? I'm pretty sure Rath would be able to land hits on Wolverine.

Albeit Wolverine would still win though. Rath has no way of permanently putting down wolverine, and Wolverine could pretty easily cut him.

I don't recall any feats suggesting Rath is faster than Wolverine. Wolverine has moved so fast he was a blur to a group of shooters looking straight at him, he's also weaved through automatic gunfire like it was nothing. Rath hasn't displayed that level of combat speed.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian said:

@juiceboks said:

I don't recall any feats suggesting Rath is faster than Wolverine. Wolverine has moved so fast he was a blur to a group of shooters looking straight at him, he's also weaved through automatic gunfire like it was nothing. Rath hasn't displayed that level of combat speed.

Well, here Rath is dodging a laser AFTER it was fired.

Loading Video...

1:09

As for a durability feat...

Earlier in the fight, he took a point blank blast from the same blast in mid sentence and got up to finish his sentence, apparently uninjured.

WeaponX1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman that really doesn't matter here so what rath can pick up to 80 tons, wolverine can easily tag him rath might be able to land a couple hits and people don't pay attention to wolvies speed, Wolvie has dodged automatic gunfire from all angles rath dodged a single laser. Plus wolverines healing factor allows him more chances IF he gets hit

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

@the_last_kryptonian I'd argue that the visual cue he had that the laser was gonna be fired, and the distance he was from the robot played a big part in him dodging the blast. We also don't know how fast the energy blast was going..and considering the fact that he had time to say "No!" while it was in mid travel leads me to believe it wasn't going very fast at all.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian I'd argue that the visual cue he had that the laser was gonna be fired, and the distance he was from the robot played a big part in him dodging the blast. We also don't know how fast the energy blast was going..and considering the fact that he had time to say "No!" while it was in mid travel leads me to believe it wasn't going very fast at all.

The distance wasn't very far at all. It was at most a few yards away. Pay attention to the blue-green car at the bottom left of the screen while Rath was being thrown by the robot. The same car is in the next scene when Rath uses the car next to it for cover, so obviously he wasn't far from the robot at all.

Also, the laser made contact with the car less than a second after it was fired, and pay attention to how quickly it hit the buildings behind Rath, which were much further away.

As for your feats of Wolverine dodging bullets, he very rarely demonstrates these feats of speed against other Super-powered enemies. He only appeared to move as a blur because he was fighting common thugs.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

The distance wasn't very far at all. It was at most a few yards away. Pay attention to the blue-green car at the bottom left of the screen while Rath was being thrown by the robot. The same car is in the next scene when Rath uses the car next to it for cover, so obviously he wasn't far from the robot at all.

Also, the laser made contact with the car less than a second after it was fired, and pay attention to how quickly it hit the buildings behind Rath, which were much further away.

As for your feats of Wolverine dodging bullets, he very rarely demonstrates these feats of speed against other Super-powered enemies. He only appeared to move as a blur because he was fighting common thugs.

It took more than a second after it was fired to hit the car. The fact that Rath had time to say "No!" is proof of that.

Comparatively, how often does Rath display your proposed level of combat speed as opposed to just bullrushing an opponent or even more often..trash talking them. Wolverine actually blitzes quite often and dodges bullets just as often as he tanks them. If he doesn't wanna get hit by Rath..he's not getting hit.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats the point of arguing the laser feat. Every street lever does it. Hell, Wolverine can dodge laser fire from multiple people.

Wolverine guts Rath.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

It took more than a second after it was fired to hit the car. The fact that Rath had time to say "No!" is proof of that.

Comparatively, how often does Rath display your proposed level of combat speed as opposed to just bullrushing an opponent or even more often..trash talking them. Wolverine actually blitzes quite often and dodges bullets just as often as he tanks them. If he doesn't wanna get hit by Rath..he's not getting hit.

And what of his various fights with the Hulk?

The Hulk moves relatively slow when fighting wolvy, (Not saying the hulk is slow in General, I'm quite aware of how fast he can be) yet Hulk is still able to hit Wolverine several times. Wolverine obviously doesn't like, nor want to be hit by the Hulk, so why does he allow himself to, when Hulk doesn't even move very fast during their fights?

Also, provide me all the scans of Wolverine moving as a blur against Super Powered enemies.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@juiceboks said:

And what of his various fights with the Hulk?

The Hulk moves relatively slow when fighting wolvy, (Not saying the hulk is slow in General, I'm quite aware of how fast he can be) yet Hulk is still able to hit Wolverine several times. Wolverine obviously doesn't like, nor want to be hit by the Hulk, so why does he allow himself to, when Hulk doesn't even move very fast during their fights?

Also, provide me all the scans of Wolverine moving as a blur against Super Powered enemies.

I'd argue that Hulk is faster than Rath(by feats such as catching bullets in his teeth) so bringing him up isn't exactly helping your case. The fact that he has tagged Wolverine(as if a slower opponent tagging a faster one due to a whole variety of variables hasn't happened before) doesn't mean Rath would.

What does it matter if he's super powered or not? If you're under the impression that Wolverine never uses his speed against big guys..then you're sadly mistaken. If he doesn't wanna get hit by an enemy slower than him, there's no reason to suggest he would let it happen. But don't take my word for it..let's look at a relatively recent fight that happened in Wolverine #301 where Wolverine fights an opponent similar to Rath in appearance and fighting style. Who..believe it or not..just so happens to be super-powered.

No Caption Provided

Doesn't even lay a finger on him when he doesn't want him to. I'd also argue that Sabretooth has better combat speed feats than Rath so James blitzing him only drives my point even more. Wolverine isn't an idiot..he's got the feats to prove he's a much faster combatant than Rath is so there's no reason to suggest he wouldn't dodge his blows in a fabricated battle where PIS is removed.

Now, if you could provide some instances where Rath tags an opponent who's displayed combat speed feats similar to Wolverine then you might have an argument..but one questionable laser dodging feat isn't gonna cut it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't even see rath and Logan as equals in speed. Wolverine gets hit by bricks because he can. He doesn't like it but he does it anyway. But that doesn't take away the fact he's also dodged the bricks plenty of times. He's gotten around hulk rulk thing thor etc to name a few. He isn't moving as a blur to characters with enhanced speed because he himself only has enhanced speed and knows how to apply with his combat skill. It's why he's been able compete with spiderman or gorgon or be able to eventually land a blow on someone like speed demon or quicksilver.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine008

James for the pretty solid majority from what I've heard so far.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rath

Saiyan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers