• 120 results
The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Rookie
Again? use someone else in a battle would ya?
Again? use someone else in a battle would ya?
Comic version
Comic version
who win this battle takes place on the rooftops of Nyc.
Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would give it to Doc Ock.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hawk

Dr. Oct......

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marvel Knight

Doc Ock

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By castleking

wolverine has beaten worse then doc ock.. like omega red.. how could he not win here especially a movie version of a character who are by far weaker..

ability to dodge and close the gap
ability to dodge and close the gap
Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marvel Knight

If its movie version of Ock, Wolverine wins unless its movie version of Wolverine too. If both are comic versions, Ock should win.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Hawk

yeah. Oct is smarter, has more weapons, a far greater reach...poor wolverine with his little arms. Dr. doesn't let him get close enough to make a strike.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By castleking
Marvel Knight said:
"If its movie version of Ock, Wolverine wins unless its movie version of Wolverine too. If both are comic versions, Ock should win."
i agree with you on the comic version losing but only if doc has his adamantium arms...
Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marvel Knight
castleking said:
"Marvel Knight said:
"If its movie version of Ock, Wolverine wins unless its movie version of Wolverine too. If both are comic versions, Ock should win."
i agree with you on the comic version losing but only if doc has his adamantium arms..."
He doesn't need Adamantium arms to be Wolverine. DD beat Wolverine without adamantium anything.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By castleking

vance?   ;)  DD isnt in this fight and even that is questionable ...... the comic version should be able to cut off the movie version of doc ock's arms before he can even react..

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marvel Knight
castleking said:
"vance?   ;)  DD isnt in this fight and even that is questionable ...... the comic version should be able to cut off the movie version of doc ock's arms before he can even react.."
The comic version would beat the movie Ock. I said that already. But if we are talking Comic vs Comic, Ock wins.

And no, I'm not Vance.
The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Rookie

its not the movie version I just used that pic.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

Doc ock grabs Him wolverine says "Cut it out!" and Dock is like " Oh, Really?" and Wolverine " Yeah!*pops claws and destroys ocks tentacles (almost said testicles)* I win*walks away*"

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Zoom

Doc Ock.

All he has to do is grab Logan by the arms (which is easy since he's quite a bit faster and has a huge reach advantage) and lift him into the air.  Wolverine would never be able to bust out of that.

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Braise
Zoom said:
"Doc Ock.

All he has to do is grab Logan by the arms (which is easy since he's quite a bit faster and has a huge reach advantage) and lift him into the air.  Wolverine would never be able to bust out of that."
How fast are Doc's reflexes? Logan caught a bullet.

*** Upon further investigation...
"Attached to a harness encircling his lower chest and waist, each telepathically controlled, telescoping limb can move at speeds up to 90 feet per second and strike with the force of a jackhammer"
A bullet firing from a relatively weak pistol would be moving at 330 m/s.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_velocity
Didn't Wolvie catch a bullet from a sniper rifle? Yeah, those travel much faster. I'm pretty confident Wolverine can dodge Mr. Doc's tentacles.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking
Braise said:
"Zoom said:
"Doc Ock.

All he has to do is grab Logan by the arms (which is easy since he's quite a bit faster and has a huge reach advantage) and lift him into the air.  Wolverine would never be able to bust out of that."
How fast are Doc's reflexes? Logan caught a bullet."
i would have argued that point but some times you just gotta give up and let ppl believe whatever...

No Caption Provided
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Braise
castleking said:
"Braise said:
"Zoom said:
"Doc Ock.

i would have argued that point but some times you just give up...

No Caption Provided
"
Haha, indeed.
Shonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shonen

I give it to wolverine slice and dice those tentacles and like someone pointed out wolverine has faced omega red whose kinda like ock 9int terms of weapons.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By castleking
Braise said:
"castleking said:
"Braise said:
"Zoom said:
"Doc Ock.

i would have argued that point but some times you just give up...

No Caption Provided
"
Haha, indeed."
no matter how many times its been stated by narrators and characters that logan cant be seen when he is fully fighting or blitzing no one wants to believe it....
Ceto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ceto

Dr. Ock is a fatty.  Wolverine wins

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Hardly.
Remember that Dr. Octopus has beaten Spider-Man several times, something Wolverine never even been close to.
If he's fast enough to catch Spidey, Wolverine wouldn't be a problem.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By castleking
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
clearly you are right never come close... wolvie continiously punked spidey even spidey has
admitted that wolverine could be faster i have more scans...
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Yeah, out of context scans are always helpful, but he did get a clean win in the Ned Leeds story, so that makes his win rate something like 1:50.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By castleking

how is it out of context usually wolverine punks pete into surrendering... you really think they are going to let wolverine kill spidey with a stab wound.. hell wolverine is faster then the  spider sense can react...

hell i got plenty of scans where spidey admits to wolverine being better also there was an instance where spidey used a holo inducer to scare of ppl from hunting him as spiderman, because A they were prep'd for spidey and B he knew it was the only person they feared and would keep them from coming after him again ..

also ppl forget that some characters are better suited to face others because of specific skills and strengths that others dont have which is why A and B logic does not work....

No Caption Provided

spidey one shotted,.. wolvester then challenges for a solo fight to the death
spidey one shotted,.. wolvester then challenges for a solo fight to the death
fights the guy solo.. then is interrupted
fights the guy solo.. then is interrupted
explained why he allows to be hit at times
explained why he allows to be hit at times
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mira

I think that Wolverin will win.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Static Shock
castleking said:
"how is it out of context usually wolverine punks pete into surrendering... you really think they are going to let wolverine kill spidey with a stab wound.. hell wolverine is faster then the  spider sense can react...

hell i got plenty of scans where spidey admits to wolverine being better also there was an instance where spidey used a holo inducer to scare of ppl from hunting him as spiderman, because A they were prep'd for spidey and B he knew it was the only person they feared and would keep them from coming after him again ..

also ppl forget that some characters are better suited to face others because of specific skills and strengths that others dont have which is why A and B logic does not work....

As for Wolverine being faster, I doubt it. Despite what Spidey said about Wolverine's speed, I've seen Spidey do things faster than Wolvie can. Read what he says in the scan. He's not saying that Wolverine is faster than him. He's saying that he's fast, but then questions himself and says no one is faster than him. You took that one out of context. Also, Wolverine isn't faster than the Spider-Sense. Spidey's Spider-Sense doesn't always go off, and sometimes he relies on his reflexes alone. And slower characters have tagged Spider-Man before, so Wolverine isn't special. First off, the fight they had in the graveyard didn't have a clear winner. You should post the whole fight and not just a few scans. Also, take into account that Spidey has owned Wolverine on several occasions also, so it's not a one-sided deal here.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By castleking

i never said spidey hasnt own wolverine before the argument was that wolvie has never come close to beating him...

if you want the whole fight of the graveyard i have it, it doesnt really paint spidey in right light because logan actually allowed spidey to give him his best shots against the tombstone..i also do think wolverine won there first fight because as wolverine stated he is willing to kill and as always spidey tends to back down under such threats between each other... also all of there fights its pretty obvious logan holds back more then spidey even spidey was surprised that logan stabbed him, not because he couldnt but because he did and that was with his upgrades.. if you ask me that is spidey knowingly  taking advantage of the characters personality at its best..

also what has spidey done that is speed related that logan cant do? because i have seen logan confuse hydra making them think he was actually three ppl at one time..

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

out of context scans and crossover feats?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By castleking
Buckshot said:
"out of context scans and crossover feats?"
not out of context proving a point to someone who made a claim about wolvster

fesak said:
"Hardly.
Remember that Dr. Octopus has beaten Spider-Man several times, something Wolverine never even been close to.
If he's fast enough to catch Spidey, Wolverine wouldn't be a problem."
kongotheking2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kongotheking2

wolverine would win. he has bones and claws of adamantium which should be able to cut off doc ocks tentacles

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
castleking said:
"also what has spidey done that is speed related that logan cant do? because i have seen logan confuse hydra making them think he was actually three ppl at one time.."

Webbed up bullets after being fired. He actually caught one before, but it's no better than Logan catching a sniper bullet.
Webbed up bullets after being fired. He actually caught one before, but it's no better than Logan catching a sniper bullet.

Dodging lasers
Dodging lasers

Dodging lightning.
Dodging lightning.

Dodging it again.
Dodging it again.

Interpret this how you like. LOL.
Interpret this how you like. LOL.

This one too.
This one too.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By castleking

pretty cool but its nothing really superceding wolvester speed i guess i can post some for comparison just give me a few min.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
castleking said:
i also do think wolverine won there first fight because as wolverine stated he is willing to kill and as always spidey tends to back down under such threats between each other... 
I'll post it. Nobody won that fight. Spidey clearly states that he gave it his all and allowed Wolverine to tackle him toward the end of it in an attempt to draw him in, and was ready to kill him even if he didn't want to. Just read the captions. And, just because Wolverine doesn't mind killing doesn't make him a winner. Spidey could still beat him, despite the fact that he tends to hold back at times. Besides, the fight was interrupted by choppers before anyone was killed. Hence, no winner.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock
castleking said:
"pretty cool but its nothing really superceding wolvester speed i guess i can post some for comparison just give me a few min."
If Wolverine isn't dodging lightning or lasers (both of which move faster than bullets) in what you're about to post, then it's pretty much pointless.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By castleking
cutting out a square in a middle of a fall for a teammate
cutting out a square in a middle of a fall for a teammate
dodge agility of multiple laser
dodge agility of multiple laser
sorry computer froze took so long couldnt find one where it was lightning just laser ones.. got some where he just blitz and disappears in front of ppl.. also where multiple scans of him disarming a group of ppl in a room before they can see.. there is one similar ro spidey where he is dodging laser fire while carrying a little girl but cant find it.. pretty sure he has dodge lightning because of storm and practice sessions..
reappearing behind him after dodge
reappearing behind him after dodge
dodging automatic close range
dodging automatic close range

Shonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shonen

Both of you make really good arguments but from spider fight with wolverine it looked like wolverine won that one I mean can spiderman really snap his neck before logan whips out those claws.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By castleking

no he cant if hulk at full rage strength cant snap his neck when punching him in the skull or back of the neck which has tried before i seriously doubt spidey could.. also if u look at that scan spidey gave everything he had against logan. wolverine the whole time was smiling as mentioned by spidey.. also at the end of the fight spiderman could barely stand up from exhuastion while logan went and hid for stealth mode..

there you go a lightning dodge :P
there you go a lightning dodge :P

not just lightning but living lightning :P
not just lightning but living lightning :P
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
castleking said:
"no he cant if hulk at full rage strength cant snap his neck when punching him in the skull or back of the neck which has tried before i seriously doubt spidey could.. also if u look at that scan spidey gave everything he had against logan. wolverine the whole time was smiling as mentioned by spidey.. also at the end of the fight spiderman could barely stand up from exhuastion while logan went and hid for stealth mode.
As long as you know there wasn't winner, it's cool. As for that lightning dodge, could Wolverine do it repeatedly, like Spidey?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By castleking

pretty sure he can he has done it with lasers repeatedly... but i'll have to find some battles or training sessions with storm..
also i'll admit spidey is a better agile/speed.. my initial speed response for wolvester is that he can fight too fast to be seen.. he is not to  agile for dodging but he can do it too he is just not as flexable as spidey..

can spidey disappear while being watched by shear speed?

being shot at jumping into group
being shot at jumping into group
he disappears in front of them
he disappears in front of them
disappears right infront of nightcrawler
disappears right infront of nightcrawler
speed/reaction time
speed/reaction time
speed reaction time disappears again
speed reaction time disappears again
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
speed burst to catch speed demon for an elbow
speed burst to catch speed demon for an elbow
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
castleking said:
"can spidey disappear while being watched by shear speed?
Yes. He has been noted to move faster than the eye can follow on many occasions. I have plenty of scans for them, but I don't feel like posting them. Getting off topic. The scan of Wolverine stopping Speed Demon was done by Spider-Man twice, and once to Quicksilver..
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By castleking

well my point is that wolverine has been numerously stated to be able to move faster then the eye can follow..

he has bn able  to maintain his high speed in battle where the witness's cant see him or is simply a blur..
psylocke had a hard time tracking both wolverine and sabe in a fight.. wolvester has consistently disarmed military personal and goons before they could pull the trigger or be aware that he has entered the room... the x men were unable to see him save a team mate and destroy a missle while observing him in the danger room.. was able to dissappear while under full military survellance and get past alpha flight and the x men.. while under arrest..

i am pointing all  these out because ppl consistently underestimate his speed dodging ability and speed blitz.. and seeing as how Doc ock is human, wolverine should be able to speed blitz him before he can even see him..not just blitz but maintain the speed in combat if he had too.

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Braise

..and Doc tentacle speed of 90 m/s is clearly slower than the speed of a bullet coming from a pistol. I'm pretty confident Logan could take him. That said, Doc ever getting a hold of Spidey is clearly PIS, as noted by the many feat's Spidy has done, labeled above.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By castleking

yeah... could have used your support earlier with scans and help in defending the wolvester

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zoom

Even if Wolverine could beat Spider-Man more often than not (and I don't believe he can), that doesn't mean he can beat Doc Ock.

Spidey beats Doc Ock most the time because he's so fast, has spider senses and webbing.

Wolverine doesn't have these things.  The main advantage he's got on Spidey is his toughness, which while pretty awesome, isn't enough to stand up to the damage Ock is gonna dish out.

I mean really.  How is he gonna get anywhere close to Ock?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By castleking

you missed the entire thing that set this conversation going...the reason why logan should win is because logan can move faster then doc ock can see.. logan has fought omega red at close quarters logan should be able to close the distance..as well as cut off doc ocks tentacles...the only hope doc ock has is battlefield removal and that is assuming he can grab him without getting an arm cut off..doc ock in no way should be able to register logans presence when he is blitzing or high speed fighting..at the most doc would see a blur ..responding to a speed blitz that sabe couldnt

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine can't catch a bullet...

The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The Rookie

I make good threads :)

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zoom
castleking said:
"the reason why logan should win is because logan can move faster then doc ock can see.. logan has fought omega red at close quarters logan should be able to close the distance..as well as cut off doc ocks tentacles...the only hope doc ock has is battlefield removal and that is assuming he can grab him without getting an arm cut off..doc ock in no way should be able to register logans presence when he is blitzing or high speed fighting..at the most doc would see a blur"
Because Wolverine is faster than Spider-Man right?  No.  Doc Ock wouldn't have any trouble seeing Wolverine.  That's bull and you know it.  If that were true, Wolverine would curbstomp all the characters that routinely give him a good fight.

As for Omega Red, he's no match for Doc Ock either so taking him down doesn't convince me Wolvie wins.  As much as people give me crap for argueing A>B>C, therefore A>C you're standing here argueing that A>B and C>B, therefore A>C.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock
Zoom said:
"As for Omega Red, he's no match for Doc Ock either so taking him down doesn't convince me Wolvie wins.  As much as people give me crap for argueing A>B>C, therefore A>C you're standing here argueing that A>B and C>B, therefore A>C."
You see how if feels? LOL.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zoom
Static Shock said:
"Zoom said:
"As for Omega Red, he's no match for Doc Ock either so taking him down doesn't convince me Wolvie wins.  As much as people give me crap for argueing A>B>C, therefore A>C you're standing here argueing that A>B and C>B, therefore A>C."
You see how if feels? LOL."
But at least my arguement makes sense.  A>B>C doesn't always apply to characters but it often does.

A>B, C>B therefore A>C doesn't even make mathematical sense.  It's just naming a guy that both of them could beat.