Wolverine vs Deathstroke (Read)

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The scenario gives Slade prep. As such, he'd win and he'd bring Logan in. But I doubt he'd be able to kill him. 

Some say the promethium blade can cut adamantium. Inconclusive at best. Neither vibranium nor adamantium cuts adamantium so if promethium is DC's answer to the indestructible metal it cannot be said with any degree of certainty that it would compromise Wolverine's skeleton. 

In a random encounter... Wolverine beats Deathstroke. Break down their strengths and weaknesses and this alone will tell the tale;  

There is one area wherein Wolverine clearly stands head and shoulders above Slade and that is durability. Logan has a debilitating advantage here. Another clear advantage are his enhanced senses which do help him in a fight in predicting and countering opponents attack patterns.  

The only area wherein Slade has a clear advantage is intellect. And this only really comes into play if he is the hunter and Wolverine the prey (as in the OP's scenario). But not so much in a random encounter.  

Random encounter = Wolverine hands down. 

Any degree of prep = Deathstroke
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mee09 said:

The thing about Slade is that he is a genius and one of the best Martial Artists in the world. If he was hired by Shield he would have so much info on Logan that he would find a way to eliminate his healing factor. Slade is much to smart for Wolverine, all he needs is equipment to win this fight. If he has to get up close and personal than he could easily do so, not even Robin could defeat Slade once in melee combat. Wolverine does not stand a chance....

"Robin" is not a better fighter than Wolverine.  

Wolverine's strength is superhuman. His reflexes are superhuman. His durability is off the charts. If WWHulk punched "Robin" he would implode. So would Slade.  

I really would not compaire Wovlerine to Nightwing. Deathstroke only wins this with prep.  

IQ does not win random encounter fights to the death.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#153  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Mee09 said:

The thing about Slade is that he is a genius and one of the best Martial Artists in the world. If he was hired by Shield he would have so much info on Logan that he would find a way to eliminate his healing factor. Slade is much to smart for Wolverine, all he needs is equipment to win this fight. If he has to get up close and personal than he could easily do so, not even Robin could defeat Slade once in melee combat. Wolverine does not stand a chance....

No robin in no way is a better fighter than Wolverine, Nightwing isn't a better fighter than Wolverine, Jason and Tim aren't better fighters than Wolverine.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Silver2467
@Super_SoldierXII said:
Some say the promethium blade can cut adamantium. Inconclusive at best. 
No, this is not inconclusive; this is just wrong. Spidey and I made these comments when we were still relatively new on the battle forums and were not quite as knowledgeable as we sometimes pretended to be. As a general rule of thumb, if I said something like a year ago, just ignore it. I probably will not remember it, and my opinions may have changed anyway. 

Random encounter = Wolverine hands down.  Any degree of prep = Deathstroke
I more or less agree with this. However, the OP says that Slade has minimal knowledge of Wolverine's capabilities, which means he may or may not have prepared the proper tools to kill Wolverine, as is required in this thread. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#155  Edited By entropy_aegis

Promethium was recently snapped in half by Lex in his power suit,it won't cut admantium but it'll last longer.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By CODYSF

Wolvie have no chance in this match Deathstroke is to much for him.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By WarBlade539

@Silver2467: This fight can go either way. Both of them are exceptional fighters, even though their fighting skills are vastly different. Similar to Slade, Logan's a master of every single martial arts discipline known to man. And Slade's not the only one with exceptional physical and mental coordination. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head". I think this is a good proof of the level of fighting skills, strategy and tactics he uses in combat. And not to forget the healing factor.

As for reflexes, he can dodge Cyclops's blasts at point blank range and even deflected them with the Muramasa Blade towards Cap.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By WarBlade539

@TheDEMON!: Yup. And not to forget that Wolverine is not any less of a fighter than Slade.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@darkazrael999:

As for reflexes, he can dodge Cyclops's blasts at point blank range and even deflected them with the Muramasa Blade towards Cap.

Cyclops has already shown he can tag Wolverine more often than not.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By WarBlade539

@god_spawn: Even Logan has shown that he can dodge Scott's blasts at point blank and even deflect them with pin-point accuracy. Most of the time he has tagged Logan, Logan wasn't paying attention to Summers. When he gives Cyclops 100% attention, he can dodge almost all of his blasts.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@darkazrael999: Cyclops has shown he can tag Logan more often than not. Don't make up excuses cause there are plenty of instances that show otherwise.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By WarBlade539

@god_spawn: Even Logan has shown that he can dodge them at point blank range and deflect them accurately. Read Wolverine Origin's #1 - #5

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

If Deathstroke's sword can cut through the Adamantium, then I'll give it to him.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Bump

@god_spawn: lets debate this ...... unless this setting for the fight is inadequate .....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Ancient_0f_Days: I think we can make do since it doesn't give Deathstroke any prep and it just says he barely knows what Wolverine can do. However, Slade is very smart and a brilliant tactician and even a small amount of knowledge can give him the edge.

I know there was another thread where it was a random encounter to put both on equal footing in knowledge. I think it was just a blank setting which just places the vine's regular rules on it which was always my favorite as far as this debate goes. Would you want to continue it on this one or want me to find the other thread?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@god_spawn: Its up to you really, I think this thread should do, but by all means search for that other thread ....

Rhysg608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Rhysg608

why do i smell alot of fanboys in this fight wolverine tanks the hell out of death stroke  DC fanboys newsflash suck

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#168  Edited By nefarious

Deathstroke can beat Wolverine any day.

starscream1479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By starscream1479

wolverine beats him after a good fight.

then chops him up into pieces.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#170  Edited By darktiger

I think wolverine wins this fight his experience,his killer instinct,and his combat skills are superier to deathstroke

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By society619

@TheDEMON! said:

@Doombert said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Doombert: While i agree this wasn't a full beserk moment. Logan was pretty mad in this fight IIRC. Even spiderman during this fight( yes, spiderman was also there ) tried to remind to Logan that they are his friends, but Logan was too mad to understand that. I'm pretty sure in thid fight, Logan will be at his full beserker rage, but i still see Slade winning this due to some advantages he has over Logan. =] "
Ya, no argument here here, Slade does have some serious advantages. Doesnt mean I wouldnt like to see the fight though! =D Will be entertaining and I dont think Slade will walk away unscathed. "
How. I am not saying Deathstroke sucks or anything. But 1.Wolverine is use to the environment 2.Deathstroke has no prep. 3.Wolverine is in his beserker mode. 4.Deathstoke killed somebody Wolves loved. 5.For that Wo9lverine is going all out. 6.Good healing factor.

This, Deathstroke is out of his element here.

Wolverine will kill him

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By gumflabica

idk if promethium can cut through adamantium, or if it can, if Slade can even put enough firce behind that sword to cut through. but wolverine's healing factor is far more advanced that deathstroke's and his adamantium can heal as well. cut off his arm and he'll grow it back adamantium and all. i am a long time Deathstroke and i hate to see him lose, but i think wolverine take this due to his superior training, healing factor, and savageness

Aphile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Aphile
@spidey 15 said:
Since is to the death. Wolverine will eventually land a hit after a very hard fight. If it was to KO, then Slade would win. =]
If it's to the death then Wolverine definitely wins, if it's via knock out then I'm still leaning towards Logan. 

With prep, then this Slade's territory
Relentless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Relentless1

Wolverine wins because like the rule said, Deathstroke has no prep time. Wolverine wins because of the centuries of experience, indestructible bones, and better healing factor.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Havenless

The story involved is absolutely relevant to the fight, correct? I think Deathstroke wins in a short, effortless duel. The average human will not physically remain subconscious for more than 48 hour spurts unless they have a severe cerebral issue such as a concussion or are comatose. So to say Wolverine requires a full 2 weeks to awaken from nothing more than exhaustion and possible battle wounds indicates that not only is his healing factor nonexistent, but he actually heals at a rate far less than a normal human. His adamantium poisoning that would be occurring due to this probably wouldn't even allow him to stand and face Slade.

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By TheTmac

Deathstroke outclasses Wolverine in skill and speed.But i dont know what he can do about Wolverines HF.

Since its to the death Wolverine should eventually land a lucky hit on DS and win.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine wins

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Slade. Although it will be like the toughest fight encounter by Slade, but the Terminator will eventually find a way to cut his head off. It will be like a very very very long fight.....almost Stalemate.

just put aside all those fanboyism, and try to think....

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@TheDEMON! said:

He also impaled Thanos in the chest before being turned to stone.

which issue is that?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By jwalser3

Even with prep what would Slade bring to the table? I just don't see him winning against, insane healing factor, and incredible speed the Logan has.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By jobbernos

@Silver2467 said:

@spidey 15: Agreed, although Deathstroke would win without prep also.
darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By darktiger

@jobbernos said:

@Silver2467 said:

@spidey 15: Agreed, although Deathstroke would win without prep also.

of course

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Blacharrt1

Given the OP, and the characters, unless Deathstroke somehow lost his immortality, he can't really die permanently, however i guess technically if his heart stopped , and he was brain dead more than 6 minutes he would be technically brain dead as well, which counts as death.

Wolverine can't be killed by any means that Deathstroke has. Edge goes to Wolverine. Because of Wolverine's Berserker mode he will be damn near unstoppable. Slade is a highly skilled combatant, but Wolverine has him in overall skill and experience.

so I'd say Wolverine wins this with the majority of wins going to him.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By comic_book_fan

wolverine wins he is just as fast deathstroke's strength avantage is realy only 200 pounds between superheroes thats not that big of a gap.

fighting wolverine is just as skilled if not more so and is more experinced deathstroke has little chance if wolverine goes beserk he strength and speed increases to almost double puttung him well above deathstroke in both speed and strength.

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Miki1111

@comic_book_fan: Do you perhaps know how i can contact the staff of comic vine ????

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By comic_book_fan

@Miki1111: no why?

Avatar image for evil_superman666
EVIL_SUPERMAN666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine stomps.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke imo

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine takes this.

Aces2kj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine takes this promethium sword or not wolverine has adamantium bones indestructible metal bones he literally cannot die and just because you tag someone it doesnt mean your as fast it just means you got good good reflexes

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Dextersinister

Deathstroke could simply gut out his lower torso, blow his flesh off the skeleton with the charges he carries that took chunks off Lobo or simply pin him to the ground as has been done before and then attempt to kill him at his leisure. Apparently suffocation does the job.

He has fought 2 actual unkillable opponents within his new series already and his stats and win record are outright better bar healing factor.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bear # 3 Solos

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By CalebHara

Slade.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Clark_EL

Wolverine

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

DEADPOOL SENSES THAT WOLVERINE IS IN DANGER AND TELEPORTS YELLING "AINT NO ONE KILLING LOGAN BUT ME" AND KILLS DEATHSTROKE... WOLVERINE GETS UP WOUNDED AS HELL THANKS DEADPOOL... DEADPOOL SMILES AND LOOKS AT THE AUDIENCE WINKS AND THEN DECAPITATES WOLVERINE AND THEN LEAVES.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By dondave

Deathstroke

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

deathstroke don't have the weapons and will tire before wolverine he puts up a hell of a fight but in the end would lose.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Nth Metal Deathstroke wins