Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

castleking said:
"can someone explain how slade can win in a random battle... or show recent scans of his skills abilities instead of saying he wins by default because he beat the flash ect ect.."
Slade is like Cap, except he's superhuman, thinks 9 times faster than a human, and has a healing factor.
Experimental hormone therapy made him a super-trooper.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Nighthunter said:
"castleking said:
"can someone explain how slade can win in a random battle... or show recent scans of his skills abilities instead of saying he wins by default because he beat the flash ect ect.."
well in his fight with the league and the teen titans he didn't use anything that really required any preparation time

and both teams are full of powerhouses"
In his fight with the League he had the whole thing planned out. From where the fight took place, right down to who would show up. He even prepared for the Atom.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By castleking

ok first off slade is 9 times better then an average human and none of what you said is remotely close to the modern slade.

even if the old slade would only have a remote advantage on logan with his feats.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#154  Edited By Nighthunter
Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:
"castleking said:
well in his fight with the league and the teen titans he didn't use anything that really required any preparation time

and both teams are full of powerhouses"
In his fight with the League he had the whole thing planned out. From where the fight took place, right down to who would show up. He even prepared for the Atom."
but he didn't use anything that required preparation time, he used his sight and a laser, I would believe that with all of his equipment a laser is there

some of them were common knowledge like Zatanna (seriously that's a no brainer) and hawkman, his amulet giving him his flight ability is common knowledge, even Nightwing who had never had an encounter with Hawkman knew about this
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

castleking said:
"ok first off slade is 9 times better then an average human and none of what you said is remotely close to the modern slade.
What is modern Slade then? Everything I mentioned was from Countdown #37 (August 15, 2007).
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By castleking

he is shown just to be superhuman but not to far above a peak human... the old slade was beast in every category this one is not.. but even with his bio discription how can he win or give him an advantage over logan using his modern abilities feats.

No Caption Provided
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#157  Edited By Nighthunter

I thought modern slade was way more dangerous than classic

I mean he gained immortality, healing factor, went from the teen titans' worst enemy to one of the most wanted and feared criminals...

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By castleking

he is a deadly assassin/mercenary in DC but he is not uber powerful like he is made to be. as far as i know all his abilities arent really extreme in any way..

his regeneration, how much damage can he take?  his immortality how long does it take him to be revived?

when i said old slade was a beast i meant the 80's version of him..

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#159  Edited By Zoom
Nighthunter said:
"Gambler said:
"Didnt they actually end up winning? I thought Green Arrow took a beating so the others could defeat him."
kinda

they were holding him while he was about to make green arrow pass out when superman entered the battle

one could argue that the fight wasn't over yet until he appeared"
It was actually Dr. Light that ended the battle by koing all the good guys.  Superman showed up later.

To answer Gambler's question, Deathstroke took down 6 of the 8 leaguers present.  Then it was just him, Green Lantern and Green Arrow.  Green Arrow was busy trying to keep Black Canary from sufficating so Slade grabbed Kyle's hand and broke it, killing Kyle's concentration.  At that point, Slade had won.  Deathstroke and Dr. Light could have left the broken league and put it in the win column.

Instead, he interlocked his hand with Kyle's theorizing that he could use his own incredible willpower to take over Kyle's ring.  It didn't work.  Or at least it didn't work before Green Arrow finished helping Black Canary, jumped on Deathstroke's back and stuck an arrow in his eye.

By this time, the rest of the league had kinda recovered and piled on top of Slade (only GL and Hawkman really accomplishing anything by the looks of it).  It looked like they would probably take down Deathstroke at this point.  Then Dr. Light regained his memory and blasted everybody.

So I guess you could say Deathstroke beat the League.  Or you could say Deathstroke lost to the league because he took an unnecessary risk but that he showed he could beat them.  Or you could say Deathstroke and Dr. Light beat the league.

I do agree with CK that 80s Deathstroke is not the Deathstroke a lot of people here have read about in Batgirl.  But modern Deathstroke seems to be the Deathstroke that shows up in Teen Titans, Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis.  This Deathstroke is a teambuster and is very similar to 80s Deathstroke.  Neither 80s Deathstroke nor modern Deathstroke bears very many similarities to the scans I keep seeing of Slade in Batgirl.  Those scans show him having trouble with normal humans or considering them his equal.

Part of me is biased because I've read more 80s and modern Deathstroke than Batgirl Deathstroke but part of it comes from the fact that his power level is one thing in Batgirl and one thing everywhere else.  Usually when a character is significantly weaker in only one book, you chalk it up to lack of writer research or the like.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Nighthunter said:
"but he didn't use anything that required preparation time, he used his sight and a laser, I would believe that with all of his equipment a laser is there

some of them were common knowledge like Zatanna (seriously that's a no brainer) and hawkman, his amulet giving him his flight ability is common knowledge, even Nightwing who had never had an encounter with Hawkman knew about this"
He rigged the battle field with explosive for the Flash, he had Dr. Light lead the League to where he was. The whole time he's systematically taking down each member (one by one I might add) he's talking about how preparation plays a part. The fact that he was even able to see the Atom in the first place could be called ridiculous. He tells Kyle Rayner that he's studied Green Lantern's for some time now. All this can be considered prep.

Also, people always bring up how Deathstroke beat the Titans and the League in every battle thread he's in. However, the tactics he used against these teams would not work against Wolverine. He's not gonna beat Logan with a laser pointer, he's not gonna break his fingers. There's no amulet to cut free, and even explosive wont stop Wolverine.

Last time he fought the Titans he used Cyborg's cannon or whatever it is to clear the battle field (and then the Titans East arrived). But even in that fight Slade ends up retreating. But its all kind of a moot point. Wolverine isnt the Teen Titans, or the Justice League.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By castleking

no one has bn able to substantiate DS for the win with either a convincing argument or a feat scan that puts him over wolverine.
i actually went to other sites and it is the same thing ppl have asked for explanation and scans no one can pull them out.

its just  assumptions.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=483127&pagenumber=4

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Zoom
Gambler said:
"He rigged the battle field with explosive for the Flash, he had Dr. Light lead the League to where he was. The whole time he's systematically taking down each member (one by one I might add) he's talking about how preparation plays a part. The fact that he was even able to see the Atom in the first place could be called ridiculous. He tells Kyle Rayner that he's studied Green Lantern's for some time now. All this can be considered prep."

The explosives were the only prep in that.  He didn't have Light lead anybody anywhere.  They just came looking for Light and found Deathstroke.  There was literally no way Deathstroke could have known what superheroes would be after Light because Light couldn't remember raping Sue Dibny.  He took them down systematically because he's just that smart and that good.

Seeing the Atom wasn't ridiculous.  It's ridiculous for Batgirl Deathstroke, who from the few issues of Batgirl I've read and everything you've said or posted about him, is only a shadow of Deathstroke today.  I realize you've read these comic books with Deathstoke acting a certain way but those days are over.  Johns and Metzer brought back the Deathstroke that can take on entire teams on his own and laid to rest the Deathstroke that was equal to David Cain.

Gambler said:

Also, people always bring up how Deathstroke beat the Titans and the League in every battle thread he's in. However, the tactics he used against these teams would not work against Wolverine. He's not gonna beat Logan with a laser pointer, he's not gonna break his fingers. There's no amulet to cut free, and even explosive wont stop Wolverine."

True enough.  He'll just come up with something else.  When he's smart enough to take down such a wide variety of people from Zatana to Hawkman to Cyborg to the Atom to Green Lantern, surely he's smart enough to come up with a way to beat Wolverine.  Hell, wings aside, Wolverine's power set is not all that different from Hawkmans.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Zoom said:
" Johns and Metzer brought back the Deathstroke that can take on entire teams on his own and laid to rest the Deathstroke that was equal to David Cain."
Actually the events of Idenity Crisis happen before, Batgirl v2. So no, it didnt lay to rest anything cause I've been using current Deathstroke when approching his battles. Indenity Crisis happened in 2004................... (I'll address the rest of your post once the Vine stops %$#@! up)
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ecsnclr

Gambler why is comic vine acting all wierd like saying things like flood warning can only post two in a row it never used to say strange things like that was there an update

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By LordCosmicKing

its  crazy today

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By ecsnclr
LordCosmicKing said:
"its  crazy today"

u gettin problams to then
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By LordCosmicKing

yup hard time loading pics, getting error routing problems

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By claws

what i'm not the only one who is having problems today

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ecsnclr
LordCosmicKing said:
"yup hard time loading pics, getting error routing problems"

Internal server error contact administrator at comicvine@webmaster.com and inform him of this and anything you may of done to cause this problem.
WAS IT SOMETHING LIKE THAT
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By LordCosmicKing

kinda yeah i really didnt read the whole message

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ecsnclr
LordCosmicKing said:
"kinda yeah i really didnt read the whole message"

very anoying though
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By claws

back to topic wolverine wins if DS dosent have prep time

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ecsnclr
No Caption Provided
claws
said:
"back to topic wolverine wins if DS dosent have prep time"
He wins both ways Wolvi cant evan die or Deadpool that is why they would win
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By claws

was that an crossover

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By LordCosmicKing
claws said:
"was that an crossover"
it was a spoof on deadpool to make fun of him...
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By claws

they always make fun of deadpool

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By ecsnclr
LordCosmicKing said:
"claws said:
"was that an crossover"
it was a spoof on deadpool to make fun of him..."

I know but Deathstroke can't kill deadpool in real life because Thonas made a curse on him so he cant die evan if he gets beaten to phuk
all because Death fell in love with Deadpool and Thanos loves Death so they cant be together
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By claws

oh yeah he's immortal but wolverine aint though

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ecsnclr
claws said:
"oh yeah he's immortal but wolverine aint though"

Well realy he is he heals and he has a metal skelaton and he does't age ether
i donth think bullets or sword are going to kll him
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Actually Wolverine cant die either

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By claws

Gambler said:

"Actually Wolverine cant die either"

wolverine still needs to breathe though if he drowns in the water due to his heavy skelaton he will die

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By LordCosmicKing

he can die but his immortality is based on his will power and willingness to fight...also heard he is a reincarnated warrior soul..

unlike deadpool who is immortal by a curse.

i would post scans but cant right now dumb clitch doesnt let me.

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By claws
ecsnclr said:
"claws said:
"oh yeah he's immortal but wolverine aint though"

Well realy he is he heals and he has a metal skelaton and he does't age ether
i donth think bullets or sword are going to kll him"
yeah thats true
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By claws
LordCosmicKing said:
"he can die but his immortality is based on his will power and willingness to fight...also heard he is a reincarnated warrior soul..

unlike deadpool who is immortal by a curse."
i thought wolverine would still need to breathe though like if he drowns in the water he will die
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Zoom

Deathstroke demolished Geo-Force this year.
David Cain can barely even hurt Geo-Force if Brion just stood there. 

The idea that Cain = Deathstroke is ridiculous if you take any of Deathstroke's appearances outside of Batgirl into consideration.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ecsnclr
claws said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"he can die but his immortality is based on his will power and willingness to fight...also heard he is a reincarnated warrior soul..

i thought wolverine would still need to breathe though like if he drowns in the water he will die"
No i don't think he will and to LodrCosmicking: i just posted a pic so i think its Ok now
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By LordCosmicKing
claws said:
"LordCosmicKing said:

i thought wolverine would still need to breathe though like if he drowns in the water he will die"
yes he does need to breath..

Zoom said:
"Deathstroke demolished Geo-Force this year.

The idea that Cain = Deathstroke is ridiculous if you take any of Deathstroke's appearances outside of Batgirl into consideration."
its not just cain or batgirl that has matched his fighting skill so has nightwing.. and green arrow..
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By claws

i stiil think wolverine wins

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By ecsnclr
claws said:
"i stiil think wolverine wins"

so do i
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Zoom said:
"Deathstroke demolished Geo-Force this year.

The idea that Cain = Deathstroke is ridiculous if you take any of Deathstroke's appearances outside of Batgirl into consideration."
Actually Geo-Force ended up outsmarting Deathstroke, this year :) Plus its not like it wasn't for story  or anything (sarcasm). The idea that Deathstroke can beat Geo-Force in a straight up confrontation is laughable.

As pointed out up above its not just Cain, there are others. Deathstroke is far from unbeatable. If you wanna use the character A beat Character B there for beats Character C argument, we could go that route. I'm sure theres a longer list of impressive wins for Wolverine then there is for Deathstroke. It seems like you wanna count ever victory he's ever had, no matter if its PIS or not, while at the same time dismessing his looses.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By LordCosmicKing

look the problem with the A B logic is that every person that either character has fought have different powers and fighting skill abilities..each character could be defeated by each others rogue gallery because lack of knowledge or powerset..

each taken down differently some are pis others are via plot device.. and something that worked on them may not work on either wolverine or deathstroke..

if you want to use  battles then you have to show a specific feat used by DS that can be applied and likely to work on wolverine.
or a strength skill to show DS capabilities..

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By The_Ghostshell
claws said:
"

Gambler said:

wolverine still needs to breathe though if he drowns in the water due to his heavy skelaton he will die

"
He dies yes, but he comes back as explained in the Casualties of War arc (Wolverine #48)

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By claws
Gambler said:
"claws said:
"

Gambler said:

"
He dies yes, but he comes back as explained in the Casualties of War arc (Wolverine #48)

"

oh i have that issue and i forgot about that
so wolverine is immortal in an way
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pretty much. Deathstroke can also die, he just comes back.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Zoom
Gambler said:
The idea that Deathstroke can beat Geo-Force in a straight up confrontation is laughable."
Only because you think Deathstroke is even to Cain.  Taking into account every comic he's been in outside of Batgirl, it's not laughable at all.

Gambler said:
"Deathstroke is far from unbeatable."
No arguement.  I've voted against Deathstroke here.  You just gotta put somebody who's actually above him on the other side.

Gambler said:
"It seems like you wanna count ever victory he's ever had, no matter if its PIS or not, while at the same time dismessing his looses."
And it seems like you wanna discount every victory he's ever had as PIS whether it is or not.  Identity Crisis?  You said it was PIS.  Titans East?  You called that PIS.  DCU: Last Will and Testament?  You called that PIS.  Scans I've posted from five or six issues of New Titans?  You called them all PIS.

The only PIS that's happening is calling Cain or Batgirl a match for Slade.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Zoom said:
"Only because you think Deathstroke is even to Cain.  Taking into account every comic he's been in outside of Batgirl, it's not laughable at all."
Its not just me, its the DCU.

Zoom said:
"No arguement.  I've voted against Deathstroke here.  You just gotta put somebody who's actually above him on the other side.
"
Glad we agree.

Zoom said:
"And it seems like you wanna discount every victory he's ever had as PIS whether it is or not.  Identity Crisis?  You said it was PIS.  Titans East?  You called that PIS.  DCU: Last Will and Testament?  You called that PIS.  Scans I've posted from five or six issues of New Titans?  You called them all PIS.

The only PIS that's happening is calling Cain or Batgirl a match for Slade."

I didn't say IC was PIS, nor did I say Titans East was PIS. In fact Deathstroke retreated in Titans East with the help of Inertia. I said Last Will and Testament was story driven, which it was. Anytime you have characters standing around talking for two pages, especially when it concerns past history, how could it be anything but story? You posting scans from the 80's I dismissed as Pre Crisis (which they are). I dont wanna discount every victory he's had, but they shouldnt be your only argument either.

Batgirl is more then a match for Deathstroke (as repedeatly shown). It only makes sense her father would be as well.

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By LordCosmicKing

i feel like we are beating a dead horse..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Zoom
Gambler said:
"Zoom said:
"Only because you think Deathstroke is even to Cain.  Taking into account every comic he's been in outside of Batgirl, it's not laughable at all."
Its not just me, its the DCU."
It's not the DCU.  Black Lightning told Geo-Force not to fight Deathstroke because he'd kill him.  Superman didn't make fun of seven leaguers getting beaten down by him either.  Nightwing asked the Flash if Deathstroke was as good as he used to be.  Wally said he was better.

The League and the Titans don't think of Deathstroke as Batgirl level.  Nobody in the DCU but Batgirl thinks Deathstroke is Batgirl level.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By LordCosmicKing
Zoom said:
"Gambler said:
"Zoom said:
Its not just me, its the DCU."
It's not the DCU.  Black Lightning told Geo-Force not to fight Deathstroke because he'd kill him.  Superman didn't make fun of seven leaguers getting beaten down by him either.  Nightwing asked the Flash if Deathstroke was as good as he used to be.  Wally said he was better.

The League and the Titans don't think of Deathstroke as Batgirl level.  Nobody in the DCU but Batgirl thinks Deathstroke is Batgirl level."
show or explain his skills compared to wolverine's..
Liquid_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Liquid_Ice

Deathstroke is too much for Logan to handle