Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Chameleone

Methos says:

"Darth Maul...pretty much a curb stomp..."Come here bub" <-- Wolverine***Snikt*** - *Wolverine pops claws****vwoom*** - *Lightsaber cuts wolverines claws off at the knuckles*"What the..." <-- Wolverine***vwoom*** - *lightsaver cuts wolverines head off at the neck*M"

but if a vibroblade can easily withstand a lightsaber, so can adamantium

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Methos

chameleone says:

"but if a vibroblade can easily withstand a lightsaber, so can adamantium"

no...

the vibroblades use an ultrasonic generator in the hilt to vibrate the blade so fast that the atoms are knocked slightly out of phase, thats the only reason it can cut through harder materials than it and can stand up to a lightsaber for short amounts of time.

if you left a lightsaber blade and a vibroblade blades touching for long enough, the lightsaber would melt through (Shown in Star Wars: Outbound Flight).

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

chameleone says:

"In Knights of The Old Republic, it is explained that Vibroblades are made with a cycosis weave that can hold up even to lightsabers. If a weapon that is readily available to everyone in the galaxy can do it, why can't adamantium"

I've never heard that explanation for Vibroblade tech...

mind telling me where you heard that because it's against what is mentioned in the books about Vibroblade tech

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"chameleone says:
"but if a vibroblade can easily withstand a lightsaber, so can adamantium"

no...

the vibroblades use an ultrasonic generator in the hilt to vibrate the blade so fast that the atoms are knocked slightly out of phase, thats the only reason it can cut through harder materials than it and can stand up to a lightsaber for short amounts of time.

if you left a lightsaber blade and a vibroblade blades touching for long enough, the lightsaber would melt through (Shown in Star Wars: Outbound Flight).

M"

Nice

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chameleone

Gambler says:

"chameleone says:
"Well, Adamantium can hold up to a lightsaber easily, so i say, wolverine"

Says who? "

In Knights of The Old Republic, it is explained that Vibroblades are made with a cycosis weave that can hold up even to lightsabers. If a weapon that is readily available to everyone in the galaxy can do it, why can't adamantium

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Copy

I was pretty sure that you guys were unsure if a lightsaber was able to cut adamantium. So then why do you guys think he can cut it now? (Oh and I think darth maul because of the force)

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chameleone

Copy says:

"I was pretty sure that you guys were unsure if a lightsaber was able to cut adamantium. So then why do you guys think he can cut it now? (Oh and I think darth maul because of the force)"

Totally forgot about that. Darth Maul could just use the force to tell Wolvie to go walk into a volcano, so maul for the win. If it were just lightsaber/claws, i dunno who would win

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chameleone

Methos says:

"chameleone says:
"In Knights of The Old Republic, it is explained that Vibroblades are made with a cycosis weave that can hold up even to lightsabers. If a weapon that is readily available to everyone in the galaxy can do it, why can't adamantium"

I've never heard that explanation for Vibroblade tech...

mind telling me where you heard that because it's against what is mentioned in the books about Vibroblade tech

M"

easy, when you're on the Endar Spire in the 1st KOTOR, Trask will tell you to switch to a vibroblade, if you already haven't. You then have the option to ask, "What if they have lightsabers?" Trask then explains, that vibroblades are made with a psychosis weave that can withstand even a lightsaber

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

chameleone says:

"easy, when you're on the Endar Spire in the 1st KOTOR, Trask will tell you to switch to a vibroblade, if you already haven't. You then have the option to ask, "What if they have lightsabers?" Trask then explains, that vibroblades are made with a psychosis weave that can withstand even a lightsaber"

I'll have to recheck that, because in the official starwars tech manual it lists vibroblades as being made out of normal blades with an ultrasonic generator attached to the hilt.

M

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibroblades (and all edged weapons) in KotOR have cortosis weaves that allow them to withstand lightsabers. I suspect this is mostly a game mechanic, since I've never heard of vibroblades having this feature anywhere else.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chameleone

Methos says:

"chameleone says:
"easy, when you're on the Endar Spire in the 1st KOTOR, Trask will tell you to switch to a vibroblade, if you already haven't. You then have the option to ask, "What if they have lightsabers?" Trask then explains, that vibroblades are made with a psychosis weave that can withstand even a lightsaber"

I'll have to recheck that, because in the official starwars tech manual it lists vibroblades as being made out of normal blades with an ultrasonic generator attached to the hilt.

M"

true, they are. But something in the blade itself makes a difference. Oh and before you go onto the bridge, if you want to try this out, be sure you have your pistol equipped, or he won't talk to you

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

chameleone says:

"true, they are. But something in the blade itself makes a difference. Oh and before you go onto the bridge, if you want to try this out, be sure you have your pistol equipped, or he won't talk to you"

PC or console version?

M

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chameleone

Methos says:

"chameleone says:
"true, they are. But something in the blade itself makes a difference. Oh and before you go onto the bridge, if you want to try this out, be sure you have your pistol equipped, or he won't talk to you"

PC or console version?

M"

i don't think it matters, but i have it on the console. If i know you, you probably have 80 mods on there, so it might be different. :P

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question is, how dense is adamantium? Dense materials like cortosis and Mandalorian iron can resist or completely deflect lightsabers. Based on what I've read, I would guess that a metal with adamantium's strength would have at least some lightsaber resistance.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chameleone

Alexander Anderson says:

"Vibroblades (and all edged weapons) in KotOR have cortosis weaves that allow them to withstand lightsabers. I suspect this is mostly a game mechanic, since I've never heard of vibroblades having this feature anywhere else."

CORTOSIS, thats the word, my bad

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Methos

Alexander Anderson says:

"Vibroblades (and all edged weapons) in KotOR have cortosis weaves that allow them to withstand lightsabers. I suspect this is mostly a game mechanic, since I've never heard of vibroblades having this feature anywhere else."

sounds like it might just be a game mechanic thing... it's not that way in the books

M

chameleone says:

"i don't think it matters, but i have it on the console. If i know you, you probably have 80 mods on there, so it might be different. :P"

no.. aside from the mods, the PC version is a lot different, there is one extra planet and a space station along with a lot more plot :D

M

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By Phorqe

I think a light saber could cut through adamantium, but given adamantium's rep as being nigh indestructible, I would imagine it would take longer to cut through than most metals, like When Jedis need to cut through a thick door. Besides that, there is a chance(notice I said chance) that Logan could dodge Maul's first lightsaber stroke and sever it at the helm, making it useless. Then Maul would have only his fighting skills and what little (from what's been demonstrated) force push powers. If the saber could cut through the metal quickly, then yeah... Wolvie's screwed.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chameleone

Methos says:

"Alexander Anderson says:

sounds like it might just be a game mechanic thing... it's not that way in the books

M

chameleone says:

"i don't think it matters, but i have it on the console. If i know you, you probably have 80 mods on there, so it might be different. :P"

no.. aside from the mods, the PC version is a lot different, there is one extra planet and a space station along with a lot more plot :D

M"

wow, are you serious. I never knew that. What planet is it? is it just a random planet or is it a Star Map location

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chameleone says:

"Methos says:

M

chameleone says:

M"

wow, are you serious. I never knew that. What planet is it? is it just a random planet or is it a Star Map location

"

You get to go to Yavin, where there's a space station with a trader who will sell you beefed-up gear. There's also an ongoing quest with him. It's pretty nice.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Methos

chameleone says:

"wow, are you serious. I never knew that. What planet is it? is it just a random planet or is it a Star Map location"
Talking about added content, BioWare man and KOTOR lead designer James Ohlen told us that: "We have a new planet that you can visit, it's a space station orbiting the planet of Yavin."The space station is a small area where you can buy new items, meet a few new NPCs. It's got it's own movies as well - one landing sequence and a leading sequence.""We also have a bunch of new items," he continued, "New weapons, armour, lightsaber crystals and a new colour of lightsaber. We've also spent a lot of time developing the keyboard and mouse interface to ensure that it's as intuitive as possible."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=97339

i'll try a screenshot of it later

M

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phorqe says:

"I think a light saber could cut through adamantium, but given adamantium's rep as being nigh indestructible, I would imagine it would take longer to cut through than most metals, like When Jedis need to cut through a thick door. Besides that, there is a chance(notice I said chance) that Logan could dodge Maul's first lightsaber stroke and sever it at the helm, making it useless. Then Maul would have only his fighting skills and what little (from what's been demonstrated) force push powers. If the saber could cut through the metal quickly, then yeah... Wolvie's screwed."

Good points. My guess is that adamantium is lightsaber resistant. In Shatterpoint, the antagonists used special 'vibro-shields' made out of hull plating from a wrecked transport ship which were immune to lightsabers. I think adamantium is comparable.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chameleone

Alexander Anderson says:

"The question is, how dense is adamantium? Dense materials like cortosis and Mandalorian iron can resist or completely deflect lightsabers. Based on what I've read, I would guess that a metal with adamantium's strength would have at least some lightsaber resistance."

True, mandalorian armor can also resist it. Which makes me think, so can adamantium

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Methos

chameleone says:

"True, mandalorian armor can also resist it. Which makes me think, so can adamantium"

i think it'll put up resistance, but not be able to stop it entirely.

either way, Darth Maul wins by using The Force

M

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chameleone says:

"Methos says:
"chameleone says:
"True, mandalorian armor can also resist it. Which makes me think, so can adamantium"

M

"

Agreed. This is how it would Go.

Snikt C'mon bub

"You will walk into a volcano"

"I will walk into a volcano"

"You will make me a sandwhich"

"I will make you a sandwhich""

Not likely. Wolverine's mental defenses are more than enough to handle whatever minor telepathy Maul has. Mental manipulation really isn't his style anyway.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chameleone

Methos says:

"chameleone says:

M

"

Snikt C'mon bub

"I will make you a sandwhich"

"Hehehehe, Powers rule"
Post Edited:2007-12-04 18:18:27

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Chameleone

Alexander Anderson says:

"chameleone says:
"Methos says:
"chameleone says:

M

"

Snikt C'mon bub

"I will make you a sandwhich""

Not likely. Wolverine's mental defenses are more than enough to handle whatever minor telepathy Maul has. Mental manipulation really isn't his style anyway.

"

force lighting, Im sure having a skeleton of pure metal would make a great conductor

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Yeah, I don't really know much about Starwars since I'm not a huge fan buta fan nonetheless. Anyway, Darth Maul should win this fairly easily. His "force" would let him suspend Logan in mid air and cut him up into thin little mutant strips.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Methos

actually thinking about it, it would be depending on what state the alloy is in and the thickness. For instance:

Lightsaber vs. adamantium combination = yes

Lightsaber vs. solid, pure, adamantium (thickness would not matter, unless it's like, paper thin) = no

Lightsaber vs. Wolverine's claws = yes

Lightsaber vs. adamantium in it's natural state BEFORE being cooled (which is a liquid) = yes

Adamantium must be kept hot in order for you to shape it. Once the alloy is cooled, it becomes "indestructible". A solid. A lightsaber, composed of high amounts of radiation and, plasma (light energy.), could cut through steel, but so does adamantium.

Of course, it could cut through it's liquid state, but if it's in it's pure solid form, it could not. The alloy acts as a plexiglass kind of thing, only, like, 50 billion times stronger. (Duh, and exaggeration, but you know what I mean) Hence, they call it "indestructible". The army sometimes uses it for confidential reasons (new weaponry, etc.).

It could cut through Wolverine's claws because the layer of adamantium that was put on them was thin but strong, so that if he were to twist his leg, the bone would not break. However, it IS bone under there, so the lightsaber would be able to slash it off, given direct contact and adequate speed.

The alloy's combination with another metal alloy or another element would be able to be cut, since the pure state of it would be slightly altered.

So, all in all, I guess you could say that a lightsaber could cut through adamantium, but not PURE adamantium.

(using logic from the Adamantium page on here :D)

M

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"Yeah, I don't really know much about Starwars since I'm not a huge fan buta fan nonetheless. Anyway, Darth Maul should win this fairly easily. His "force" would let him suspend Logan in mid air and cut him up into thin little mutant strips."

Theoretically that might be possible, but it's not Maul's style at all. His force powers aren't particularly impressive, and they're all geared toward hand-to-hand combat. He'll probably come at Wolverine head-on, saber blazing, and get carved into stew meat.

Also, there's no evidence that I know of that Maul can even use force lightening. He's only ever displayed very limited TK, and I'd be very hesitant to give him any high-end Force-powers, seeing as his training was geared mostly for stealth and combat.

Darth Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Darth Balls

Im sure wolvies claws could hold up but not without damage. Barth Maul for the win.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vrakmul

Darth maul kicks wolverine's rear end so hard that he can wear it like a hat. The paper thin admantium on wolverine could probably not stand up to the power of the lightsaber, and wolverine can't touch maul and his speed and jumping skills.
Post Edited:2007-12-04 19:53:46

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Andferne

Darth Mauk does not use force lightning for the fact he has a artifical hand jsut like anikan/vader. He is a master of force choke though.

I think lightsaber vs claws Maul wins but we find that adamantine is more resistant to lightsabers than most would think. I would guess it would be like the lightsaber cutting through a blast door.

I could see wolverine withstanding the jedi mind trick IF and thats a big if Maul tried useing that approach (although I dont see him doing that).

Hand to hand I would give the edge to wolverine. Has a lot more exsperiance there imo. But once Maul found how worthy his foe was he would use the force along with his excellant martial prowess to enhancehis physial attributes as well as use it to push and to a location of his chooseing forthe fight. Then use force choke to help tire and wind Logan.

In the end I see this as a nice long fight with it going back an forth as they learn each others styles, until Maul has enough and uses the force for the edge.

Also lets not forget that Maul was a lot smarter than most think or believe him to be. He found a old 3PO unit and turned it into a assassin driod to help him on his travels, but then lost it before he ran into the Jedi.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreadnaught says:

"Darth maul kicks wolverine's rear end so hard that he can wear it like a hat. The paper thin admantium on wolverine could probably not stand up to the power of the lightsaber, and wolverine can't touch maul and his speed and jumping skills.
Post Edited:2007-12-04 19:53:46"

Speed? Please.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/xmen_v2_133_p04.jpg
/>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/wolverine34.jpg
/>

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5783398
/>

And Darth Maul is no more durable than a normal human. So one snick is all it takes.

Post Edited:2007-12-04 20:53:34

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think a lightsabre could cut through adamantium, but I do think Darth Maul would still win. He'd cut Wolvie in half; if Hulk can rip him in half then Darth Maul should be able to cut him in half.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Methos

Alexander Anderson says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Darth maul kicks wolverine's rear end so hard that he can wear it like a hat. The paper thin admantium on wolverine could probably not stand up to the power of the lightsaber, and wolverine can't touch maul and his speed and jumping skills.

Speed? Please.

/>

/>

/>

And Darth Maul is no more durable than a normal human. So one snick is all it takes.

Post Edited:2007-12-04 20:53:34"

ummm... what?

Darth Maul has typical Jedi / sith agility and fighting techniques...

he also has at least basic force powers, including force jump, speed and push.

so i think even in hand to hand he's more than a match for Wolverine

M

Avatar image for the_reverend_jim
The Reverend Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Reverend Jim

Andferne says:

"Darth Mauk does not use force lightning for the fact he has a artifical hand jsut like anikan/vader. He is a master of force choke though. I think lightsaber vs claws Maul wins but we find that adamantine is more resistant to lightsabers than most would think. I would guess it would be like the lightsaber cutting through a blast door. I could see wolverine withstanding the jedi mind trick IF and thats a big if Maul tried useing that approach (although I dont see him doing that). Hand to hand I would give the edge to wolverine. Has a lot more exsperiance there imo. But once Maul found how worthy his foe was he would use the force along with his excellant martial prowess to enhancehis physial attributes as well as use it to push and to a location of his chooseing forthe fight. Then use force choke to help tire and wind Logan. In the end I see this as a nice long fight with it going back an forth as they learn each others styles, until Maul has enough and uses the force for the edge. Also lets not forget that Maul was a lot smarter than most think or believe him to be. He found a old 3PO unit and turned it into a assassin driod to help him on his travels, but then lost it before he ran into the Jedi."

Maul has an artificial hand? Where was this talked about? If this is true I feel really stupid, because I was not aware of it.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Andferne

I can not remember off the top of my head. It was either in one of the books detailing his adventures or in one of the D20 Star Wars RPG books. If I get the time I will try to browse through them to get a definate source book name, page etc.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methos says:

"Dreadnaught says:

Speed? Please.

/>

/>

/>

Post Edited:2007-12-04 20:53:34"

ummm... what?

Darth Maul has typical Jedi / sith agility and fighting techniques...

he also has at least basic force powers, including force jump, speed and push.

so i think even in hand to hand he's more than a match for Wolverine

M"

Basic Jedi and Sith abilities aren't too impressive by Marvel Universe standards. As for Maul's speed, even slow, stiff cyborg Vader held his own against him for a while, so I don't think Wolverine, who can trim Storm's cloak off her back in mid-flight, catch sniper rounds and knock out speedsters, is going to have much of a problem. In terms of fighting skills I'd say they're about even.

But most importantly of all, Maul can't heal. And Wolverine's weapons don't have the helpful feature of cauterizing his opponent's wounds, preventing blood loss. One well-placed slash and Maul could bleed to death. Also, everyone is acting as if Wolvie will just stand there and let Maul chop at him. He's fast and skilled enough to dodge Maul's attacks, and he can survive damage that would bring Maul to his knees.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the sniper round catch, by the way:

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Andferne

LMFAO. They have Logan catching sniper shots now. fanboyism ftl

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cpt_linger

darth maul can throw people around with his force powers. plus he has persausion which would be like taking candy from a baby against wolverine. wolverine has no ways of combating force powers, he is close combat and nothing else. lightsaber at the neck, gooone!

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Foo', Lightsabers can cut through admantium, one of the few it CANT is materials like mandalorian iron.

diced
Post Edited:2007-12-05 05:33:51

Avatar image for leprechaun_smurf
Leprechaun_Smurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Leprechaun_Smurf

I think the Force would give Darth the edge