Wolverine vs. Cyclops.

Sinestron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Sinestron

Cyclops. Cyclops all the way. Wolverine couldnt get close enough, fast enough.  A full on optic blast from Cyclops would rend Wolverine's flesh down to his shiney metal skeleton (It took skin off the Hulk, itll do it to Logan as well). We all know Wolverine could survive being flayed alive, he has done it before, but he would need time to recuporate. Time that Cyclops would use to end Wolverine. If Cyclops opted for the prescision route, he would have knocked Wolverine apart piece by piece before Wolverine got to him. Both of these scenarios go inside a small space or in an open area.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#302  Edited By pixelized
Sinestron said:
"Cyclops. Cyclops all the way. Wolverine couldnt get close enough, fast enough.  A full on optic blast from Cyclops would rend Wolverine's flesh down to his shiney metal skeleton (It took skin off the Hulk, itll do it to Logan as well). We all know Wolverine could survive being flayed alive, he has done it before, but he would need time to recuporate. Time that Cyclops would use to end Wolverine. If Cyclops opted for the prescision route, he would have knocked Wolverine apart piece by piece before Wolverine got to him. Both of these scenarios go inside a small space or in an open area."
This is false
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Static Shock
Andferne said:
"Who happens to be younger, and less experienced. I just don't see that being the case. Now maybe if they had clarified him as being a specific teacher in a different field that relates to it more, sure. Honestly to me it does not matter if he is smarter or not as it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that tactic out. Something a talented tactician would know, and would be capable/willingly to do under these rules and knowing how dangerous his opponent is."
I'll concede.
Sinestron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By Sinestron
pixelized said:
"randumo24 said:
"castleking said:
"wolverine ftw, the only way wolvie loses is if he is in the open but if this battle is taking place in the ruins of the x mansion, logan would have a field day hunting and stalking cyclops."
have you payed attention, cyclops has beaten wolverine many times in the comic itself, you obviously dont know much about cyclops powers, no chance for logan, cyclpos is smarter to, there'd be no hunting, there'd be blasting into bits tho."
there's only one way for wolverine to die, and the OP says that Cyclops doesn't have what's needed to do it."

There are, in fact ,multiple ways wolverine can die. In Wolverine: Killing Made Simple a MARVEL one shot, Wolverine himself gives a few ways that he could meet his pencilist....

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By pixelized

I loved that one shot dearly!

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By randumo24

lol yup, many ways to die

Sinestron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Sinestron
pixelized said:
"Sinestron said:
"Cyclops. Cyclops all the way. Wolverine couldnt get close enough, fast enough.  A full on optic blast from Cyclops would rend Wolverine's flesh down to his shiney metal skeleton (It took skin off the Hulk, itll do it to Logan as well). We all know Wolverine could survive being flayed alive, he has done it before, but he would need time to recuporate. Time that Cyclops would use to end Wolverine. If Cyclops opted for the prescision route, he would have knocked Wolverine apart piece by piece before Wolverine got to him. Both of these scenarios go inside a small space or in an open area."
This is false"

I didnt mean it would take him  days or hours or even minutes to recuporate, but it would take time to regenerate his ENTIRE ORGAN SYSTEM. That is to say, even if it took 15 seconds for Wolverine to regenerate everything on his body,  it would only take one, well placed, 1.5 second blast from Cyclops to finish Wolverine. Wolverines cool, but you cant beat an original X-Man. Im sorry, but I respectfully dissagree with your dissagreement and I stand by my original statement.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By randumo24

wolverine dies a horrible death, i guess not as bad as the skin thing tho lol

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#309  Edited By castleking

cyclops aint taking him down or ko'ing him.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Obtrusive

Please, wolverine will dominate, first of all wolverine has a nasty habit of not dying, second cyclops even if he hits him nothing will happen.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#311  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Obtrusive said:
"Please, wolverine will dominate, first of all wolverine has a nasty habit of not dying, second cyclops even if he hits him nothing will happen."

...Wow.  You don't read much, do you?  There have been several displays of Cyclops blasting Wolverine and knocking him around.  Read up on Cyclops a bit before making accusations like that which are entirely false.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By castleking

he has and i have never seen cyke ko logan. so you better start showing scans of him doing it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@castleking said:
"he has and i have never seen cyke ko logan. so you better start showing scans of him doing it."

To say it would do NOTHING is beyond stupid.  Check out when the team thinks he is the Dark Pheonix in Uncanny X-Men.  He smashes him from behind, blasting his head into the ground.  KO's him for a few minutes he said. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By castleking
@k4tzm4n said:
"
@castleking said:
"he has and i have never seen cyke ko logan. so you better start showing scans of him doing it."

To say it would do NOTHING is beyond stupid.  Check out when the team thinks he is the Dark Pheonix in Uncanny X-Men.  He smashes him from behind, blasting his head into the ground.  KO's him for a few minutes he said.  "
i ask for the scan.. but i'll give you to you if cyclops did it alone or if he had the team helping him. its like jumping someone and getting the last punch of the group and saying you beat him and ko'ed him, when it was a team effort.
numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By numba1assassin

Obtrusive & Castleking: Please go back and read all of the prior posts showing how everyone, including the most hardcore Wolverine Fanboys (cough pixelated cough) has agreed that Cyclops wins this fight. Rather Simply.

"so you better start showing scans of him doing it"

Both I and Katzman have posted more than enough scans showing Cyclops completely pwning Wolverine on every occassion. Please don't have me repost them. Even your own scan shows that Cyclops wasn't even hitting Wolverine very hard because he was hypnotized by mesmero (2nd picture). It looked like it had like 10% percent of his true power.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By castleking

you havent shown a single scan of cyke g=have the ability to ko logan, the only thing thats has bn shown is cyke is more then capable of pushing back with his optic blast. and you better show some evidence of your ten percent bull#!@ comment cause logan has already take a fully undiluted blast from cyke without injury well after the old x men scan when logan takes on the team.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@castleking said:
"
@k4tzm4n said:
"
@castleking said:

To say it would do NOTHING is beyond stupid.  Check out when the team thinks he is the Dark Pheonix in Uncanny X-Men.  He smashes him from behind, blasting his head into the ground.  KO's him for a few minutes he said.  "
i ask for the scan.. but i'll give you to you if cyclops did it alone or if he had the team helping him. its like jumping someone and getting the last punch of the group and saying you beat him and ko'ed him, when it was a team effort."

I don't have the scan of it.  Someone else will have to post it.  Cyclops did it alone against the entire TEAM.  They were tricked into  thinking he was the Dark Pheonix and if he lived, he'd destroy the earth.  No one was holding back and Scott showed his true skill in that issue.  I recommend checking it out.
triple7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By triple7
@numba1assassin said:
" 1.  Cyclops can get the first shot off. Cyclops can blast just as fast as Wolverine can even attempt to move.
2. Cyclops can absolutely pin him down, or even knock him out completely.

No Caption Provided
3. He can blow him apart. Cyclops can blast and vaporize living tissue, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage. I can break cartilage with my bare hands. So it is no problem for cyclops. "

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By castleking

thats not the same wolverine buddy.. thats ultimate universe wolverine. oh and he wasnt knocked out either he was just knocked down big difference,

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@castleking said:
"you havent shown a single scan of cyke g=have the ability to ko logan, the only thing thats has bn shown is cyke is more then capable of pushing back with his optic blast. and you better show some evidence of your ten percent bull#!@ comment cause logan has already take a fully undiluted blast from cyke without injury well after the old x men scan when logan takes on the team."

Cyclops has never used his full power against Wolverine.  And if you cite the "Death" Wolverine, that armor clearly is what aided him.  Without it, almost every scan (except for the one on this page) has proven to knock him around, and even the one above he states how much it hurts...Cyc not holding back has peeled the skin from WWHulk, blown apart Apoc, dented Onslaughters armor and destroyed a sentinel. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Also people tend to forget Wolverine can no longer come back from the dead (like he did with the nuke, Nitro, and so forth).

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#322  Edited By vegeta
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By castleking

clearly  the armor was protecting his face and forearms wow.. that is some tough non adamantium gear he is sporting along with the turbin.  * sarcasm by the way.

also every scan that has bn shown has him flying back not being ko'ed even the positioning of wolverines body helps in the momentum of the blast effecting him. when logan braces himself he isnt as effected by the blast as seen in the past scans. he is simply slightly pushed into the ground

No Caption Provided

numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By numba1assassin

Cyclops KO's Wolverine with 1 shot

No Caption Provided

Since Wolverine has tissue, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage; this is what will happen to Wolverine if Cyclops is pissed off.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@castleking said:
"clearly  the armor was protecting his face and forearms wow.. that is some tough non adamantium gear he is sporting along with the turbin.  * sarcasm by the way.

also every scan that has bn shown has him flying back not being ko'ed even the positioning of wolverines body helps in the momentum of the blast effecting him. when logan braces himself he isnt as effected by the blast as seen in the past scans. he is simply slightly pushed into the ground

No Caption Provided
"

....The point is Cyc wasn't holding back with his visor and it is completely ILLOGICAL to have him able to WALK through that since the only time we've seen him stand up to a blast is the scan on this page.  Even so, those are classic versions and Wolverine said it was the equivalent of being hit by a mountain.  Search through this thread and check out other scans of him being knocked around.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By castleking

will you stop with those scans tthey  arent even canon.           logan has shown   the impossibility of any of that happening in the current 616 universe. 

numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By numba1assassin

the first post says Wolverine incarnation 616: not Wolverine Horseman of Death for Apocalypse which seems to have an additional mystic power resembling Juggernaught that makes him immune to Cyclops's optic blast.

There are countless scans showing Wolverine getting knocked out by Cyke's even wimpy optic blasts.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By castleking
@k4tzm4n said:
"
@castleking said:
"clearly  the armor was protecting his face and forearms wow.. that is some tough non adamantium gear he is sporting along with the turbin.  * sarcasm by the way.

"
....The point is Cyc wasn't holding back with his visor and it is completely ILLOGICAL to have him able to WALK through that since the only time we've seen him stand up to a blast is the scan on this page.  Even so, those are classic versions and Wolverine said it was the equivalent of being hit by a mountain.  Search through this thread and check out other scans of him being knocked around. "
key word is being knocked around. not ko'ed.

i remember having to do some combat fighting against a slightly less skilled fighter then me and far weaker as well. he was able to avoid and toss me around by using my momentum against me but he couldnt put me in a submissive hold nor would he try because he was aware that i would overpower him in strength and skill if i managed to get a hold of him. its the same thing here cyke can knock him around but he isnt going to win. the only good thing cyke blast is good for is to knock logan back when he isnt grounded and brazed.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Hawk
@castleking said:
"
@k4tzm4n said:
"
@castleking said:

"
....The point is Cyc wasn't holding back with his visor and it is completely ILLOGICAL to have him able to WALK through that since the only time we've seen him stand up to a blast is the scan on this page.  Even so, those are classic versions and Wolverine said it was the equivalent of being hit by a mountain.  Search through this thread and check out other scans of him being knocked around. "
key word is being knocked around. not ko'ed.i remember having to do some combat fighting against a slightly less skilled fighter then me and far weaker as well. he was able to avoid and toss me around by using my momentum against me but he couldnt put me in a submissive hold nor would he try because he was aware that i would overpower him in strength and skill if i managed to get a hold of him. its the same thing here cyke can knock him around but he isnt going to win. the only good thing cyke blast is good for is to knock logan back when he isnt grounded and brazed. "
But Cyc is still a skilled fighter .....even if Wolverine gets past the first blast he still has to deal with Scott just whooping his ass.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By castleking

scott is no where near as skilled as logan the fact that cyke has bn  able to toss logan around in h2h combat is ubsurd. you might as well start thinking cyke can fight ppl like cap and bats in h2h.

logan can kill cyke with one punch knee, kick when he isnt holding back. hell logan can kill cyke with a pressure point attack. cyke cannot win nor evade logan in h2h.

due you belief cap can ko hulk too just cause it was in a scan. the power set just isnt there.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Andferne
@castleking said:
" cyclops aint taking him down or ko'ing him.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
"
Those two scans mean squat. If you like I can post a crap of of scans with Scott knocking around the entire X-men Wolverine included. The whole death part was already discussed as well too.
numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By numba1assassin

Wolverine is a pussy. Cyclops would knock him unconscious with just a punch.

No Caption Provided

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Hawk
@castleking said:
" scott is no where near as skilled as logan the fact that cyke has bn  able to toss logan around in h2h combat is ubsurd. you might as well start thinking cyke can fight ppl like cap and bats in h2h.logan can kill cyke with one punch knee, kick when he isnt holding back. hell logan can kill cyke with a pressure point attack. cyke cannot win nor evade logan in h2h.due you belief cap can ko hulk too just cause it was in a scan. the power set just isnt there. "
Well.....scans say other wise. You call for scans of Scott KOing him.....I call for scans of Logan beating up Scott.

BTW: I've switched sides on this arguement.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wow, when was that?

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Hawk
@numba1assassin said:
"

No Caption Provided
"
LOL.....he back handed him!
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By castleking

so you are a firm believer that if you see it in a comic scan that it is fact regardless of power sets.

wow everyone knows that scan is pis and cyke should have broken his hand and logan shouldnt have bn knocked back.

i have a scan too wanna see.

if logan had seriously hit him as hard as he can cyke would be dead.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Hawk
@castleking said:
"  so you are a firm believer that if you see it in a comic scan that it is fact regardless of power sets.

wow everyone knows that scan is pis and cyke should have broken his hand and logan shouldnt have bn knocked back.

i have a scan too wanna see.

"
To bad he got right up with just a bloody lip in this book.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#338  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@numba1assassin said:
"

No Caption Provided

"
I find it amusing that you think Cyclops can actually do this.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Hawk
@Vance Astro said:
"
@numba1assassin said:
"

No Caption Provided

"
"
I'm not saying he can.........but he did.
This has to be a 1970's scan....but it's still cannon. There has been a lot of changes since then....like the writers making Wolverine god.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#341  Edited By claws

i would think that it would be no fun to punch an adamantium skull

numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By numba1assassin

@Vance Astro said:
"
@numba1assassin said:
"

He can and did

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Hawk said:
I'm not saying he can.........but he did. This has to be a 1970's scan....but it's still cannon. There has been a lot of changes since then....like the writers making Wolverine god. "
If you don't think he can than it's not relevant.Writers don't make Wolverine a god.The scan just shown where Cyclops knocked his block off proves that.Wolverine actually loses more than people think.In fact people make Wolverine out to be a god but he has taken worst losses than anyone on his level of fighting skill and physical ability.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Andferne

Several of these scans show the Power output that Cyclops is capable of doing, Scans 2, 3, 4, 7, 10 all showings that IF Cyke hit Wolverine with those leveled blasts there would be know conscious Wolverine. Scans 6 and 8 are just two of his showing with acute accuracy with his blasts. I have more too if you doubt how accurate he can be with htem. The others are Cyclops fighting, and owning the X-men, each occasion Wolverine was part of the team.

Now if you actually go back and read the ways that have been said for Cyclops to kill Wolverine you will find it is capable of being done and Cyclops more than has the tools to do it. All he has to do is hit him with a blast that will temporary knock him out, which undoubted he is capable of doing. If you don't think so then I'll stop here because it's pointless to argue with a fanboy who won't see facts. Continueing on after he has knocked him out all he has to do it walk up to him and use his pin point accracy to give him a labotomy and it is game over. He does not even have to do that. Check your rib cage, there are holes between the ribs and now look at the Blob scan. All Cyclops would have to do is send a blast between the ribs towards Wolverines heart and yet again it is game over.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Hawk
@claws said:
" i would think that it would be no fun to punch an adamantium skull "
In the 70's there was no Adamantium........he was just some guy with claws. And it's not like he is the only person to ever hit wolvs without breaking his hand.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@numba1assassin said:
"

@Vance Astro said: 

"
@numba1assassin said:
"

He can and did

Right...Iron Man,She-Hulk,The Hulk,Spider-Man,Namor...they all failed at it...but Cyclops? He can totally do that.
Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Obtrusive
@k4tzm4n said:
"
@Obtrusive said:
"Please, wolverine will dominate, first of all wolverine has a nasty habit of not dying, second cyclops even if he hits him nothing will happen."
...Wow.  You don't read much, do you?  There have been several displays of Cyclops blasting Wolverine and knocking him around.  Read up on Cyclops a bit before making accusations like that which are entirely false. "
Cant kill wolverine, even if you have lame lazers coming out of your eyes.  wolverine can get knocked around but not killed.  I don't read comics, I get all my knowledge from cartoons and marvel ultimate alliance.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Andferne
@Obtrusive said:
" Cant kill wolverine "
Then you have not been paying attention ;)
numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By numba1assassin

Wolverine can be killed

Cyclops has beaten wolverine so many times over that i wonder why people even try defending wolverine anymore. I understand that he may be your favorite x-men, but you have to accept his weaknesses and the fact that there are many x-men that can kill him. Especially Cyclops.

Cyclops is a master strategist, almost to the point that it should be noted as a mutant power. But lets start out by pointing out Wolverines weakness:

Yes Wolverine has Adamantium bones, but he still has regular cartilage, tendons and ligaments. In age of apocalypse cyclops shot off wolverines hand. Many say that it was at the joint; well then that is the KEY. Wolverines entire body is full of joints, especially his SPINE, and the cartilage in between his vertebrae. If they were adamantium, then wolverine wouldn't be able to move, the fact that he can move at all is proof that in between his vertebrae are regular cartilage disks.

With regular cartilage disks, Wolverine can be decapitated, torn in half, ripped apart, burned to death. Even enough blunt force can cause limbs to be impacted off of a human body by the joints. Any mutant that can concentrate a force to any joint can decapitate Wolverine, and Cyclops can do this from any range, with pinpoint accuracy. That fact that no-one has done it before goes to show that Wolverine's greatest mutant power is luck. WOLVERINE IS ONE LUCKY BASTARD.

The battle begins by Wolverine lunging with full force at Cyclops. Or maybe Wolverine lunging in a different direction to avoid a blast; but to no avail. Cyclops at the same time unleashes a strong optic blast the length and width of a football field. This catches wolverine regardless of the direction that wolverine jumps, and puts him to the ground. once on the ground, Cyclops immediatly directs pinpointed optic blasts at wolverines legs (knees or hips) severing them from his body. Wolverine now legless attempts to move with his hands but cyclops shoots off wolverine's arms (at the elbow or shoulder). Now with no arms or legs, cyclops watches Wolverine beg for his life as his body heals up the holes where his arms and legs used to be. Cyclops then shoots Wolverine in the neck decapitating his head at the 3rd vertebrae. Wolverine is now dead, but Cyclops decides to claim Wolverines bones as trophies so he flays wolverines remaining flesh from his bones.

Whatever scenerio that you would like to use, cyclops wins by decapitating Wolverine at the 3rd vetebrae (or the 2nd, or 4th).

Cyclops can outsmart wolverine no matter which tactic that Wolverine decides to employ. This can be proven by the scans found on this forum, and additional that i can provide if you would like.

The truth of the matter is that any Mutant that can decapitate or rip apart wolverine from the vertebrae can win.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Hawk
@Obtrusive said:
"
@k4tzm4n said:
"
@Obtrusive said:
...Wow.  You don't read much, do you?  There have been several displays of Cyclops blasting Wolverine and knocking him around.  Read up on Cyclops a bit before making accusations like that which are entirely false. "
Cant kill wolverine, even if you have lame lazers coming out of your eyes.  wolverine can get knocked around but not killed.  I don't read comics, I get all my knowledge from cartoons and marvel ultimate alliance. "
shakes his head