Wolverine vs. Cyclops.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#251  Edited By Hawk

Really my point is it depends on the area.....if It's open sure Scott wins. Dark ruins....not so much
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By Andferne
Hawk said:
"This has been done...like five times....Wolverine wins."
Wrong, majority of the times they face each other Cyke would win this. Even under these stipulations he can win.

castleking said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Wolverine as Death...not even going to touch this.

pixelized said:
"they aren't hot at all, just force."
Friction generates heat. ;)

Now I was going to wait until I got home to delve into this, but I decided to add in my two cents briefly at least.

Eyes are the windows to the soul

Yes the above scan is NOT Wolverine, and no it is not even the 616 Universe. But what it does, is show you what can happen in this instance. After Cyclops pulverizes (this word makes me laugh and think Hulk smash lol) he goes to the KO'd Wolverine and grabs his head. Focusing a power beam straight through his eyes and turning his lovely little brain into goo. No brain = Dead. It does not matter if he stays dead for 1 second or if he stays dead for 1 week, by the rules of this Fight he would be Dead. End of Fight, scenrio one.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Hawk
Andferne said:
"Hawk said:
Wrong, majority of the times they face each other Cyke would win this. Even under these stipulations he can win.

castleking said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

pixelized said:

Now I was going to wait until I got home to delve into this, but I decided to add in my two cents briefly at least.

Yes the above scan is NOT Wolverine, and no it is not even the 616 Universe. But what it does, is show you what can happen in this instance. After Cyclops pulverizes (this word makes me laugh and think Hulk smash lol) he goes to the KO'd Wolverine and grabs his head. Focusing a power beam straight through his eyes and turning his lovely little brain into goo. No brain = Dead. It does not matter if he stays dead for 1 second or if he stays dead for 1 week, by the rules of this Fight he would be Dead. End of Fight, scenrio one."
Andy he has to get this close though......Claws through the neck = dead too...I believe. (And your right about the 616 cannon. you suck)

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Andferne
Hawk said:
" Andy he has to get this close though......Claws through the neck = dead too...I believe."
Getting close is the easy part. Wolverine's entire focus is doing that for him. But that does not even matter. Reason being is he can get as close as he wants to and even dance the Jig once he has knocked Wolverine out from a blast with enough force to equal a nuclear reactor. Blasts that have helped crack Onslaughts armor, been rated as over 2.2 giga watts, been said to punch holes in mountains, completely destroy a Sentinel among many other things I can name and even show scans of.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#255  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Hawk said:
"Really my point is it depends on the area.....if It's open sure Scott wins. Dark ruins....not so much"

um...you took a good deal of those out of context.  That first image isnt even cyclops, the next i didnt read but it looks like the ultimate universe.  the third they were TALKING and wolverine punched him.
numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By numba1assassin

Thanks for jumping in there Andy, i thought it was me against the world for a while.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Hawk
Andferne said:
"Hawk said:
" Andy he has to get this close though......Claws through the neck = dead too...I believe."
Getting close is the easy part. Wolverine's entire focus is doing that for him. But that does not even matter. Reason being is he can get as close as he wants to and even dance the Jig once he has knocked Wolverine out from a blast with enough force to equal a nuclear reactor. Blasts that have helped crack Onslaughts armor, been rated as over 2.2 giga watts, been said to punch holes in mountains, completely destroy a Sentinel among many other things I can name and even show scans of."
Seen the scans....also Wolverine after Hiroshima. Once again...I'm not saying Scott won't beat him...but it depends on the surroundings. In the Ruins it's going to be tuff to even find Wolverine before he stabs you
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Andferne
numba1assassin said:
"Thanks for jumping in there Andy, i thought it was me against the world for a while."
Np man, planned on jumping in this from the get go, but real life has kept me from it.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Hawk
k4tzm4n said:
"Hawk said:
"Really my point is it depends on the area.....if It's open sure Scott wins. Dark ruins....not so much"
um...you took a good deal of those out of context.  That first image isnt even cyclops, the next i didnt read but it looks like the ultimate universe.  the third they were TALKING and wolverine punched him."
First image is Bastian yes (Andy and Me already discussed.)...but he keeps coming. The third....really all Wolverine has to do is punch him. And it was just a fun scan...not to prove any points
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By Hawk
Andferne said:
"numba1assassin said:
"Thanks for jumping in there Andy, i thought it was me against the world for a while."
Np man, planned on jumping in this from the get go, but real life has kept me from it."
Your a fanboy (admit it)....always up for a Cyc arguement. LOL
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Andferne
Hawk said:
"Your a fanboy (admit it)....always up for a Cyc arguement. LOL"
Always ^^
But I got to go.
Peace
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Hawk

Later Andy....I got to work...bbl

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#263  Edited By pixelized
Andferne said:
"Hawk said:

castleking said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

pixelized said:

Yes the above scan is NOT Wolverine, and no it is not even the 616 Universe. But what it does, is show you what can happen in this instance. After Cyclops pulverizes (this word makes me laugh and think Hulk smash lol) he goes to the KO'd Wolverine and grabs his head. Focusing a power beam straight through his eyes and turning his lovely little brain into goo. No brain = Dead. It does not matter if he stays dead for 1 second or if he stays dead for 1 week, by the rules of this Fight he would be Dead. End of Fight, scenrio one."
so he's gonna rub his arm until it melts him???

Wolverine has walked around as nothing but a skeleton, what is clinically dead to most people is nothing to wolverine. When it comes to him, Science has no value. Cyclops isn't winning no matter what he does
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
pixelized said:
"Andferne said:
"Hawk said:

castleking said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

pixelized said:

so he's gonna rub his arm until it melts him???Wolverine has walked around as nothing but a skeleton, what is clinically dead to most people is nothing to wolverine. When it comes to him, Science has no value. Cyclops isn't winning no matter what he does"

That was explained in the angel of death arc.  He no longer has that "OMFG WTF" level healing factor and would indeed now die from such an assault.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By pixelized

Angel of Death Arc?

numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By numba1assassin
pixelized said:
"Wolverine has walked around as nothing but a skeleton"

Yes but not without a head.
Andy is right, whether it is death for 10 minutes or for a week; the initial setting says death and Cyclops accomplishes this.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By pixelized
numba1assassin said:
"pixelized said: "Wolverine has walked around as nothing but a skeleton"Yes but not without a head. Andy is right, whether it is death for 10 minutes or for a week; the initial setting says death and Cyclops accomplishes this."
how is he going to kill him though??? still waiting on that Optic blast to "pulverize" adamantium
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
pixelized said:
"numba1assassin said:
"pixelized said: "Wolverine has walked around as nothing but a skeleton"Yes but not without a head. Andy is right, whether it is death for 10 minutes or for a week; the initial setting says death and Cyclops accomplishes this."
how is he going to kill him though??? still waiting on that Optic blast to "pulverize" adamantium "

I think you guys are missing he's point...He's saying that he can make Wolverine clinically dead, thus rendering it a win by the established rules.  How long Wolverine will remain dead, is a whole other question.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By pixelized
k4tzm4n said:
"pixelized said:
"numba1assassin said:
how is he going to kill him though??? still waiting on that Optic blast to "pulverize" adamantium "
I think you guys are missing he's point...He's saying that he can make Wolverine clinically dead, thus rendering it a win by the established rules.  How long Wolverine will remain dead, is a whole other question."
but wolverine has walked around skinless... science can't be applied to a guy who defies logic.
numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By numba1assassin
pixelized said:
"numba1assassin said: how is he going to kill him though???
Wolverine has be temporarily dead many times, and by this i mean the heart stops. Even in that new crappy movie origins. Wolverine dies, his brain heals up and he is alive again. But the initial death is enough to satisfy the requirements.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
pixelized said:
"k4tzm4n said:
"pixelized said:
"numba1assassin said:
I think you guys are missing he's point...He's saying that he can make Wolverine clinically dead, thus rendering it a win by the established rules.  How long Wolverine will remain dead, is a whole other question."
but wolverine has walked around skinless... science can't be applied to a guy who defies logic."

Skinless isnt a tough feat...It's the matter of having all of your organs destroyed.  He didnt get up and walk around as ONLY a skeleton.  He had to grow back his organs/muscle structure first.  Anyway,  like I said, Wolverine survived all of that BS b/c of some stupid "Angel of Death arc" which is why he'd "come back from the dead" after stupid crap like what Nitro did to him.  I was informed he lost that ability...So he's back to his original healing factor, which is VERY impressive but he will no longer pull BS such as surviving a nuke/lava/etc.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

"Wolverine's own healing factor found its limit, death, soon after this. Thanks to a revealing battle against the angel of death, Wolverine can no longer let himself get to the point of death, or he'll die for good. "

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By pixelized

Angel of Death?

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Hawk

Ah...what is death exactly....JK.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

...See post above.  This is the arc after the death of Sabretooth.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By pixelized

i read your post, just wondered where it came from.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Static Shock
k4tzm4n said:
""Wolverine's own healing factor found its limit, death, soon after this. Thanks to a revealing battle against the angel of death, Wolverine can no longer let himself get to the point of death, or he'll die for good. ""
Thanks for this. I f$cking love you, no homo.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Static Shock
Andferne said:
"Friction generates heat. ;)

Lobotomy? OK, but wouldn't he have to get close for that? And, if it's not 616, how can this relate to the original Cyclops, who has never done this? I don't a think it's a valid feat, because there was a point when I tried to say Magneto could rip iron from someone's blood, but that was only demonstrated in alternate universes and it wasn't valid for 616 Magneto. I'm thinking the same would hold true here.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By pixelized

hmmm but Polaris reversed the flow of Blood in Annie's body when she found out that she was in love with Havok

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Static Shock
pixelized said:
"hmmm but Polaris reversed the flow of Blood in Annie's body when she found out that she was in love with Havok"
That was 616, right? What are you trying to say?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By pixelized
Static Shock said:
"pixelized said:
"hmmm but Polaris reversed the flow of Blood in Annie's body when she found out that she was in love with Havok"
That was 616, right? What are you trying to say? "
correct, i'm saying that i don't see how the stronger magneto wouldn't be able to rip out the iron, if his daughter used the iron to reverse her blood flow.
numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By numba1assassin

Magneto's ability is for a different thread.

Katzman makes a good point, Wolverines healing factor is no longer what it used to be. It's been watered down. Wolverine can and will die if taken to the point of death which is what we have been discussing.

Especially if decapitated

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Static Shock
pixelized said:
"correct, i'm saying that i don't see how the stronger magneto wouldn't be able to rip out the iron, if his daughter used the iron to reverse her blood flow."
Hmmmm.....
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Static Shock
numba1assassin said:
"

Magneto's ability is for a different thread.

Katzman makes a good point, Wolverines healing factor is no longer what it used to be. It's been watered down. Wolverine can and will die if taken to the point of death which is what we have been discussing.

Especially if decapitated

"
OK.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By pixelized

LOL cyclops wins

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#286  Edited By claws

just to end this thread i'll say cyclops just so the dude will shut up

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By the Vica
pixelized said:
"LOL cyclops wins"
Yay! The debate is finally over!

This was a fun one to watch :P

And I was rooting for Cyke from the start, I just don't know enough 'feats' to really participate.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Andferne
Static Shock said:
"Lobotomy? OK, but wouldn't he have to get close for that? And, if it's not 616, how can this relate to the original Cyclops, who has never done this? I don't a think it's a valid feat"
Getting close is what he would do once he knocked out Wolverine from one of the more powerful blasts, a feat he can easily accomplish with the power that is behind the blasts. Especially if he is not holding back like the fight says, since it is to the death.  Once he has blasted Wolverine with that he simply runs to him and grabs his head and continues. 616 Cyclops has been shown to have the accuracy and the power to do such a feat. So I do not see why he could not do this.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By randumo24

cyclops wins

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Static Shock
Andferne said:
"Getting close is what he would do once he knocked out Wolverine from one of the more powerful blasts, a feat he can easily accomplish with the power that is behind the blasts. Especially if he is not holding back like the fight says, since it is to the death.  Once he has blasted Wolverine with that he simply runs to him and grabs his head and continues. 616 Cyclops has been shown to have the accuracy and the power to do such a feat. So I do not see why he could not do this. "
It's not about accuracy and power. It's about his knowledge. If he doesn't know about it, why would he do it?
kilo5793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By kilo5793

i think cyclops would win definatly!cyclops is way too skilled and smart. he doesnt just lunge at things like a cat or whatever. dont get me wrong, wolverine is indeed awsome and he may be able to deflect or block cyclops blasts for a certain amount of time, and maybe wolverine may have enough momentum or endurence to withstand it. im not sure but by looking at facts and comics... CYCLOPS FTW~

hjga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By hjga

it comes down to the setup, Wolverine and Cyclops have been fighting within the X men for decades now, and Cyclops has always been the leader of the team, of course he's take most of the wins! it would seem weak of the whole team not to. it's just a plot point.

a lot of the outcome, as pointed out in the first couple of pages, depends on the setup, in close quarters, wolverine would win, since he has a lot of hand to hand combat advantage, sure, cyclops can fight, but every hit from wolverine is weighed by the i don't know how many pounds of adamantium in his bones. A single hit to the jaws and it's over. Wolverine would gut him afterwards. Also, in an enclosed space (an office building for example) Wolverine can sense Cyclops by smell, sound etc. way earlier and therefore have a tactical advantage. No matter how much of a strategist Scott may be, nobody can plan ahead without information to predict the outcome, he can make sure he doesn't get cornered or something, but never trap Wolverine without a chance of escape.

On open spaces Cyclops takes it very easy, same goes for almost any other char that uses mostly hand to hand combat but doesn't have superspeed (except for Captain America maybe). As far as I know and people have discussed over here:
- Yes, Xavier did say that the only way Wolverine's healing factor would not be able to bring him back was if his head got cut off and removed from the vicinity of his body
-
Cyclops can snap the cartilage of Wolverine's spine with an optic blast, it wouldn't mean Wolverine is dead, but it clearly means the fight is over.
-Cyclops can obviously not pulverize adamantium
-Just because Cyclops doesn't have the Muramasa blade doesn't mean he can't win. He can't void Wolverine's healing factor, but that's it. Wolverine has "died" or in any case recieved mortal wounds many times, and for a while (from a very reasonable couple of days/weeks etc  to a stupid "lenght of a phone call" when he regenerated from bare bones to beat up Nitro) he's pretty much incapacitated and unable to fight. At this point the battle is over.

When Nitro blew up and he was burned to the bone, apparently he didn't die because somehow the adamantium despite being metal prevented his brain from boiling (lol). Therefore you destroy the brain, he dies. Cyclops can easily shoot for the head, give him a concussion (even if it's for a short time, whatever, it's not like Wolverine doesn't feel a punch from a street thug anyways) and then shoot through his eyeballs or something to screw the brain. That would kill him.

Also, on open spaces is very obvious that Cyclops has the complete advantage, it's long range vs short range, as simple as it gets. In that scenario Wolverine is literally bringing a knife to a gunfight.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By randumo24

he could decapitate him, the adamantium lines his bones, but he still has cartilage and tendons in his spine where adamantium cant be, otherwise he couldnt move his head.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#294  Edited By geraldthesloth

Cyclops can't kill wolverine.

numba1assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By numba1assassin

I thought that we had settled this. Wolverine can die by decapitation as stated in the Xavier Protocals. A one all powerful shot that destroys all of the tissue on his body, or even an intense blast through the eyes to turn the brain to mush. Especially since Wolverine's healing factor is no longer what it used to be:

"Wolverine's own healing factor found its limit, death, soon after this. Thanks to a revealing battle against the angel of death, Wolverine can no longer let himself get to the point of death, or he'll die for good. "

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By randumo24
numba1assassin said:
"

I thought that we had settled this. Wolverine can die by decapitation as stated in the Xavier Protocals. A one all powerful shot that destroys all of the tissue on his body, or even an intense blast through the eyes to turn the brain to mush. Especially since Wolverine's healing factor is no longer what it used to be:

"

yes, and he could be easily decapitated by cyclops just like any normal person.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By Andferne
Static Shock said:
"It's not about accuracy and power. It's about his knowledge. If he doesn't know about it, why would he do it?"
I don't see any reason for him not to have that knowledge. He has had more experience with his powers than his 610 counter part. Plus being practically raised in a school and helping teach in it almost his entire life makes sense for him to know. I just don't think it is a technique that he would use unless it was his last decision/choice. A lot like when he removes his visor etc.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By randumo24

he's not the leader of the x-men cuz he's stupid

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By Static Shock
Andferne said:
"I don't see any reason for him not to have that knowledge. He has had more experience with his powers than his 610 counter part. Plus being practically raised in a school and helping teach in it almost his entire life makes sense for him to know. I just don't think it is a technique that he would use unless it was his last decision/choice. A lot like when he removes his visor etc."
But, at the same time, there's a likely chance that the 610 counterpart could be more knowledgeable than the 616 counterpart.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By Andferne
Static Shock said:
"But, at the same time, there's a likely chance that the 610 counterpart could be more knowledgeable than the 616 counterpart."
Who happens to be younger, and less experienced. I just don't see that being the case. Now maybe if they had clarified him as being a specific teacher in a different field that relates to it more, sure. Honestly to me it does not matter if he is smarter or not as it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that tactic out. Something a talented tactician would know, and would be capable/willingly to do under these rules and knowing how dangerous his opponent is.