#301 Posted by Ashrym (2754 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Hmmm. I did not mean to make the implication he is more powerful than Wonder Woman. I wanted to express he is in her league and that means he must have solid skills. Hopefully it's more clear now.

The annual 2 fight is a pretty good comparison, imo. The JL stalemate wasn't fleshed out nearly what it could have been, unfortunately.

In any event, a serious Aquaman should be well beyond Wolverine.

#302 Edited by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan said:

@agent41: ractionspeed wolverine can match most of diana's featsand all of Aquamans look when did Aquaman become manhunter let alone superman in stats saying wolverine can fight superman is silly namor isn't superman but he is just as close as Aquaman superman could duplicate Aquaman's best strength feat with his pinky Aquaman lasting more than 2 hits against a serious superman is utterly ridicules he shouldn't last 5 minutes against wonder woman and using quantifible feats namor is every bit as as strong durable and as fast as aquaman and going by ABC logic batman has beaten all 3 more times than i can count and sometimes all at once. but thats besides the point.

could wolverine beat superman no could he beat wonder woman not for a majority but he could steal a few can he beat Aquaman yes wolverine takes a slight majority .

WW effortlesly lolstomps Logan 1000/10 times, is several magnitudes faster regardless in which kind of speed and you should actually start to read a few comicbooks if you already call yourself comic book fan but post statements that would put even the biggest trolls on the vine to shame. Logan has also no chance to beat AM for a majority and this is easily one of the dumbest threads in recent vine history.

#303 Posted by Supermanthor (10296 posts) - - Show Bio

A solid street level vs a high mid tier seems logical

#304 Posted by comic_book_fan (10788 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: lol your comment is barely worth replying too so i will only leave you with this i bet i can post more instances of wolverine beat hulk and hulk level opponets than you can of Aquaman beating wonder woman level opponets @supermanthor: tiers are stupid and were almost never brought up before civil war and when they were it was more of a base of opperations thing like spiderman was a street leveler because he stopped purse snachers and bank robbers commonly or maybe city level threats like venom or goblin captain america was a higher tier because he fought national level threats and global terrorists it's not a measure of power and if it was based on feats wolverine would be in the same tier as abomination and rulk again not on strength but over all he has taken on namor ironman the thing rulk and has beat them all one point or another he has taken on entire teams.

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
#305 Posted by DimlyLitLantern (683 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: What does Wolverine even do to win here? He is not as strong or fast as Arthur and that isn’t even taking the trident into account. How does he cope with that? Aquaman is physically stronger than 100 Wolverines combined. Even if you want to argue that Logan is fast enough to keep up, there is a massive power difference that completely shuts him out. What keeps Arthur from just repeatedly striking Logan’s head and giving him a concussion to the point he can’t fight anymore?

#306 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (6923 posts) - - Show Bio
#307 Edited by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan said:

@itachus17: lol your comment is barely worth replying too so i will only leave you with this i bet i can post more instances of wolverine beat hulk and hulk level opponets than you can of Aquaman beating wonder woman level opponets@supermanthor: tiers are stupid and were almost never brought up before civil war and when they were it was more of a base of opperations thing like spiderman was a street leveler because he stopped purse snachers and bank robbers commonly or maybe city level threats like venom or goblin captain america was a higher tier because he fought national level threats and global terrorists it's not a measure of power and if it was based on feats wolverine would be in the same tier as abomination and rulk again not on strength but over all he has taken on namor ironman the thing rulk and has beat them all one point or another he has taken on entire teams.

Examples of Hulk or comparable jobbing against Logan/hardcore Pis fights make Logan neither the slightest bit faster, nor would they allow him to win a majority against AM or just steal a single win out of thousand non-Pis fights against WW or SM you genius. And plz finally read some comicbooks before you embarrass yourself even more here(like with your comment about tiers...).

#308 Posted by Supermanthor (10296 posts) - - Show Bio
#309 Posted by Itachus17 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: I agree with you

I mean that guy honestly told you Cap would be in a higher tier than Spidey cause he fought global terrorists XD.

#310 Posted by Supermanthor (10296 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor said:

I mean that guy honestly told you Cap would be in a higher tier than Spidey cause he fought global terrorists XD.

lol yeah

#311 Posted by comic_book_fan (10788 posts) - - Show Bio
#312 Posted by comic_book_fan (10788 posts) - - Show Bio

@dimlylitlantern: whats stopping from beating wolverine in the head like wwhulk did a stabbing claws slicing his head in half or his neck

@comic_book_fan said:

@itachus17: lol your comment is barely worth replying too so i will only leave you with this i bet i can post more instances of wolverine beat hulk and hulk level opponets than you can of Aquaman beating wonder woman level opponets@supermanthor: tiers are stupid and were almost never brought up before civil war and when they were it was more of a base of opperations thing like spiderman was a street leveler because he stopped purse snachers and bank robbers commonly or maybe city level threats like venom or goblin captain america was a higher tier because he fought national level threats and global terrorists it's not a measure of power and if it was based on feats wolverine would be in the same tier as abomination and rulk again not on strength but over all he has taken on namor ironman the thing rulk and has beat them all one point or another he has taken on entire teams.

Examples of Hulk or comparable jobbing against Logan/hardcore Pis fights make Logan neither the slightest bit faster, nor would they allow him to win a majority against AM or just steal a single win out of thousand non-Pis fights against WW or SM you genius. And plz finally read some comicbooks before you embarrass yourself even more here(like with your comment about tiers...).

also wolverine has fought more people who are infinately stronger than him than aquaman has seen fish wolverine is built to take on hulk it's not pis that was literally his purpose i mean he has fought weindago and roughhouse without his claws lol you guys think because he is toned down for some stories that he is captain america he isn't he was meant to be and has consistently been a fight for hulk it's not pis.

@itachus17 said:
@supermanthor said:

lol yeah

yeah it is funny how you guys try and use tiers all the time and yet have no idea what they mean then attack my knowledge of comics lol

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#313 Posted by RampageTheFirst (6619 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman still wins fairly easily.

#314 Posted by Supermanthor (10296 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: first I don't attack you it's just me Haveing a different opinion than you I even say a word about regarding this

#315 Posted by comic_book_fan (10788 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: fine you agreed with someone who attacked my knowledge of comics without specifying to which point you agree

i mean you can attack my intelligence or my belief in my religion but there are just some things you shouldnt attack.

anyway power level has no bearing on tier omega level mutants are lower on tier scale than universal level beings like galactus but yet franklin richards is more powerful than galactus it was implied that captain america was above street level in civil war because when he mentioned just a few street level guys hill says then noone you cant handle but spiderman and luke cage are street level and are both more powerful than cap am i getting threw to you at all.

#316 Edited by Supermanthor (10296 posts) - - Show Bio
#317 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur stomps

#318 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (6923 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is out of Logan’s league he’d need the other X-Men.

#319 Posted by MorbusGrav (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

That is what i was thinking.

#320 Edited by Nucleon (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: It's a mismatch due to telepathy. Assuming TP was not meant to be used it's a stomp for Aquaman because Aquaman's speed, strength, and durability are far higher than you seem to realized.

Wolverine can resist the X-Men's rather impressive array of bona fide telepaths, whereas Aquaman's telepathic feats are mostly ouliers, like that much overwanked White Martian incidence. If Aquaman's telepathy was as powerful, he'd use it with more consistency.

Strength doesn't seem to be much in contention but lifting city blocks is easily far, far, far beyond Wolverine. Dropping a building on Wolverine beats him. Durability on Wolverine's skeleton does not mean durability on flesh, which is pretty standard, although I don't disagree adamantium should bypass Aquaman's durability. Aquaman has his best feats against blunt and energy, and while it takes special weapons to injure him he can be injured.

No, dropping a building on Logan won't stop him; His flesh, while not as durable as his skeleton, heals fast. His claws have also pierced much more durable beings than Aquaman, with consistency.

I would add that he took an energy blast that one-shot Orion, was stated that he could punch MMH back to Mars,

Ah come on - he didn't punched MMH to Mars, he punched him like 3 feet away. If we are to include allegories and shilling in feats...

and pulled a leg lock on new gods with the statement he was strong enough to break their necks. The comment earlier that Aquaman has a little more muscle density than Wolverine was also ridiculous. Aquaman has muscle density 10 time that of a human and similar to steel. Marvel Asgardians have muscle density 3 times that of a human and similar to concrete. Aquaman has muscle density about 3 times that of a Marvel Asgardian. That's a hellalot more than a little bit.

I already conceded that Aquaman is stronger - so what, is he stronger than the Hulk or the Juggernaut? Wolverine is a true Brick-buster ever since his introduction in the Marvel universe, when he first appeared as a Hulk opponent.

The bigger issue is that you don't understand how fast Aquaman actually is. You have him pegged somewhere in the super-soldier level from what I can see when he's far, far, far beyond that too. I am not sure how familiar you are with the Sovereign Seven, particularly Finale or Reflex, but those are characters who are faster than Wolverine. Aquaman speed >> Finale's speed. To back that up:

That's underwater travel speed for most of them. The other scans are relatively not impressive. You know the hype Wolverine was subjected to in the 90s? There's many crazy, excessive feats from that period. But what's important, once more, is consistency.

#321 Edited by Nucleon (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@itachus17: WW effortlesly lolstomps Logan 1000/10 times, is several magnitudes faster regardless in which kind of speed and you should actually start to read a few comicbooks if you already call yourself comic book fan but post statements that would put even the biggest trolls on the vine to shame. Logan has also no chance to beat AM for a majority and this is easily one of the dumbest threads in recent vine history.

Wolverine had no troubles beating Speed Demon. I can tell you how Wolverine can put WW down: By striking her with his claws - they're adamantium but even the bone ones could do the job. WW is vulnerable to piercing attacks and Wolverine's like the Duce of piercing attacks. He can hit her because he's got animal-like reflexes, senses and martial skill on par with Iron Fist's.

How can WW put Logan down? Speed? WW is a speedster like 1 time out of ten - how can you be sure she'll find her PIS time-stopping switch this time? Skill? Yeah, she is skilled and will hit Wolverine many times, but not so dis-proportionally skilled that she won't get hit here. Strength, sword? Wolverine survived worse. None is enough to beat adamantium.

WW vs Logan is one of the baddest match one can think of for Diana. She would have more chances against Thor or Supes.

#322 Posted by Nucleon (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: What does Wolverine even do to win here? He is not as strong or fast as Arthur and that isn’t even taking the trident into account. How does he cope with that? Aquaman is physically stronger than 100 Wolverines combined. Even if you want to argue that Logan is fast enough to keep up, there is a massive power difference that completely shuts him out. What keeps Arthur from just repeatedly striking Logan’s head and giving him a concussion to the point he can’t fight anymore?

Skill, mostly.

#323 Edited by TheHercules (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Low High Tier > Street Level, that Pictured version is powerful a lot!

#324 Posted by Nucleon (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil-incarnate: please don’t make this a WW vs Wolverine thread

Ooops - Sorry. =)

#325 Posted by Nucleon (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor said:

That is what i was thinking.

Good comics are more of a rock-paper-scissors thing than a simplistic linear tier system. Tiers are good for general power scale classification, but characters beating more powerful oppo because they have the right powerset happens like 50% of the time.

#326 Posted by comic_book_fan (10788 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil-incarnate: lol no he wouldn't wolverine is more skilled by a mile just as fast in reaction speed and far harder to put down for any amount of time hulk the thing wendigo sasquatch namor ironman are all Aquaman level or better opponents wolverine has beaten them all.

advantages Aquaman's tp wolverine has resisted far stronger telepaths and then you take into account that his telepathy is more of biological reaction that wolverine's healing might resist.

strength he is no stronger than namor who wolverine has a winning record against and it would take great effort for aquaman to put him down all wolverine needs is for arthur to get cocky for a second and leave himself open to a claw or pressure point and its over aquaman has coughed up fights to batman and deathstroke for the in the same scenario

#327 Posted by ProbablyASphere (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine could absolutely kill Aquaman. He could not beat Aquaman in a straight up fight. Any wins he'd get would be through stealth and surprise.

#328 Posted by KingCarcosa (52 posts) - - Show Bio

"It's a Sicilian message. It means James Howlett sleeps with the fishes."

#329 Edited by MorbusGrav (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

WW vs Logan is one of the baddest match one can think of for Diana. She would have more chances against Thor or Supes.

Wonder Woman, Superman and Thor could each curbstomp hundreds of Wolverine's at once with just minimal effort of letting lose you dingus.

#330 Posted by agent41 (14922 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@itachus17: WW effortlesly lolstomps Logan 1000/10 times, is several magnitudes faster regardless in which kind of speed and you should actually start to read a few comicbooks if you already call yourself comic book fan but post statements that would put even the biggest trolls on the vine to shame. Logan has also no chance to beat AM for a majority and this is easily one of the dumbest threads in recent vine history.

Wolverine had no troubles beating Speed Demon. I can tell you how Wolverine can put WW down: By striking her with his claws - they're adamantium but even the bone ones could do the job. WW is vulnerable to piercing attacks and Wolverine's like the Duce of piercing attacks. He can hit her because he's got animal-like reflexes, senses and martial skill on par with Iron Fist's.

How can WW put Logan down? Speed? WW is a speedster like 1 time out of ten - how can you be sure she'll find her PIS time-stopping switch this time? Skill? Yeah, she is skilled and will hit Wolverine many times, but not so dis-proportionally skilled that she won't get hit here. Strength, sword? Wolverine survived worse. None is enough to beat adamantium.

WW is way faster than any animal. He is nowhere near her speed and strength and he can't fly. Now go bak to aquaman if ou don't mind please. This is not WW vs wolverine.

OT. Aquaman. Faster, way stronger, TP, etc.

#331 Posted by agent41 (14922 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil-incarnate: lol no he wouldn't wolverine is more skilled by a mile just as fast in reaction speed and far harder to put down for any amount of time hulk the thing wendigo sasquatch namor ironman are all Aquaman level or better opponents wolverine has beaten them all.

advantages Aquaman's tp wolverine has resisted far stronger telepaths and then you take into account that his telepathy is more of biological reaction that wolverine's healing might resist.

strength he is no stronger than namor who wolverine has a winning record against and it would take great effort for aquaman to put him down all wolverine needs is for arthur to get cocky for a second and leave himself open to a claw or pressure point and its over aquaman has coughed up fights to batman and deathstroke for the in the same scenario

I'm sure @ashrym can post feats proving AQ is stronger than namor. And namor is not as fast as AQ and doesn't have his TP power.

#332 Posted by Ashrym (2754 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't need to get hijacked into a Namor vs Aquaman thread either, lol. The thread link has some info on it.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/aquaman-vs-namor-who-is-stronger-757063/?page=1

I am on my phone atm, so not posting much. Pre52 Namor and Aquaman demonstrated similar strength while post flashpoint Aquaman's strength feats are higher.

Keeping on topic, we have seen Namor knock Wolverine unconscious. We have seen Spiderman is strong enough to break Wolverine's neck but morals held him back.

We have seen Aquaman knock Olympian out with a strike (right after Olympian took out MMH), threaten to break Slig's neck while holdind in a way he could (Slig is a new god), and go toe to toe with Titus (briefly and lost even in water but Titua did nearly kill Superman).

Aquaman has beaten new gods in the water.

http://i.imgur.com/cvCQx97.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rMaxpJA.jpg

Aquaman > various characters who can handle Wolverine. Wolverine < new gods and other characters Aquaman handles.

One fights old gods and new gods, giant monsters and extra dimensional sorcerers, aliens invasions and the hordes of Cthulu. The other kicks ass against ninjas and slow bricks.

The disparity between Aquaman and Wolverine is huge. Strength and speed particularly in such a match. Still a stomp.

#333 Posted by somayareece (754 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine can match who in speed now?

#334 Posted by Nucleon (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in combat speed he surely is faster than Aquaman, that many people here laughingly view as a speedster it seems - probably by osmosis of some sort with Supes or WW - ergo, he wins.

:D

#335 Edited by RampageTheFirst (6619 posts) - - Show Bio

@somayareece said:

Trust me, this thread has made me lose a considerable amount of IQ, some dude said Spiderman could outmatch Flash and Superman in combat speed.

OT: Aquaman still one-shots, stop this madness.

#336 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (2492 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#337 Edited by somayareece (754 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst said:
@somayareece said:

Trust me, this thread has made me lose a considerable amount of IQ, some dude said Spiderman could outmatch Flash and Superman in combat speed.

OT: Aquaman still one-shots, stop this madness.

I think that is my cue to abort this thread

#338 Posted by MorbusGrav (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst:

Don't forget that Wolverine is a bigger threat than Superman and Thor lol.

#339 Posted by reaverlation (25509 posts) - - Show Bio

How sad

#340 Posted by RampageTheFirst (6619 posts) - - Show Bio
#341 Posted by comic_book_fan (10788 posts) - - Show Bio

@morbusgravi pretty sure name calling isn't allowed and dingus is pretty harsh

i think someones getting a little emotional

breaking out the d word like that/

#342 Posted by MorbusGrav (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@morbusgravi pretty sure name calling isn't allowed and dingus is pretty harsh

i think someones getting a little emotional

breaking out the d word like that/

lol

#343 Posted by Supermanthor (10296 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#344 Posted by somayareece (754 posts) - - Show Bio

Next someone will say Black Panther can blitz the League faster than Cheetah

#345 Posted by SUNMAN (8584 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins

#346 Edited by agent41 (14922 posts) - - Show Bio

Next someone will say Black Panther can blitz the League faster than Cheetah

Somebody has probably said it already. LOL.

#347 Posted by Nucleon (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst:

Don't forget that Wolverine is a bigger threat than Superman and Thor lol.

He isn't, but he's got the tools that correspond to WW's vulnerability. And he can resist all she can dish out. And he is skilled enough to do it.

The powerscale is more of a rock-paper-scissors game than a simplistic linear scale, and in a WW vs Logan match, WW is paper, while Logan is scissors.

Loading Video...

As for Aquaman being a speedster now... come on, dudes.

#348 Edited by RampageTheFirst (6619 posts) - - Show Bio

lol..

#349 Posted by WollfMyth209 (15584 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, so we're using fan-made videos as evidence, now?

Anyways, Aquaman one-shots him twelve times over. It's a high tier with a lot of haxx versus a very persistant street-leveller, but ultimately just a street-leveller.

#350 Posted by Danoblaster (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: your interpretation of tiers is not the one commonly accepted on these forums. You can't singlehandedly subvert its definition. Power levels definitely determine tier.