Wolf wins

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By GreyTheJiren

Hyena wins, far heavier, far stronger but force.

Wolves don't fight 1 on 1, their hunting revolves around wearing down and attacking a fleeing target over and over. They are not effective 1v1 against a target that doesn't flee or afraid to fight back.

In the end the Hyena won't sumbit and ran away from the wolf, so the wolf will probably retreat.

Avatar image for _philosoraptor_
_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena wins, they are more robust, stronger and a stronger bite force, most likely they would just have a stand off until the wolf retreats, African wild dogs get the advantage on hyenas only when numbers are on their side and they are a lot more ruthless than a grey wolf.

Avatar image for deactivated-64925750b6b8e
deactivated-64925750b6b8e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena probably.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EternalDarkFury

Wolf wins. They are better in every aspect.

Edit: I forgot that I posted here

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolf wins. They are better in every aspect.

And how exactly are they better in each aspect/category when the Hyenas has it beat in some categories as well?

• Aggressiveness
  • Durability
  • intelligence
  • Strength
  • Sheer willpower
  • Bite force

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sar_annihilator: Durability? How so?

They can take beatings from full grown Male Lions/Lionesses plus Full grown Male Leopards and survive. Hell, you go to my YouTube channel and you can literally find a video of a Hyena who survived 3 attacks from 3 different Lions and walked off in the end. Of course it probably didnt survive due to the condition it was left in and having to walk around anywhere in a African Savannah is never no picnic. A Wolf on the other hand usually always bites the dust when it encounters a Mountain Lion/Cougar.

Strength? How so?

How not? Its better if you can explain to me how a Wolf is superior to a Hyena in the strength department?

Sheer Willpower? How so?

Again, it goes back to the beatings it takes. They cannot be overpowered that easily.

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sar_annihilator: None of that means a thing here. The Wolf is a far more successful hunter than all those animals you just named, plus it fights with its head. Hyenas are just straight up savages and dont use any technique to fight.

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SAR_Annihilator
@eternaldarkfury said:

@sar_annihilator: None of that means a thing here. The Wolf is a far more successful hunter than all those animals you just named, plus it fights with its head. Hyenas are just straight up savages and dont use any technique to fight.

Thats when it is in a pack. A lone Wolf is definitely not a more successful hunter than a Leopard or a Lion. Hyenas fight with its head too. They arent brainless you know? like Wolves, they are aware of their surroundings and will play it right when they have too. Doesnt mean a thing? Mate when you see a 250kg Male lions struggling to pin down a Hyena and the hyena fights back, biting the Lions paws and face and gets away, you think a 20-30kg Canine is going to be able to pull it off? Think again.

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternaldarkfury said:

Thats when it is in a pack. A lone Wolf is definitely not a more successful hunter than a Leopard or a Lion. Hyenas fight with its head two. They arent brainless you know? like Wolves, they are aware of their surroundings and will play it right when they have too. Doesnt mean a thing? Mate when you see a 250kg Male lions struggling to pin down a Hyena and the hyena fights back, biting the Lions paws and face and gets away, you think a 20-30kg Canine is going to be able to pull it off? Think again.

Show me the proof then. You keep jabbering about how tough Hyenas are but cant even provide any source to prove your point.

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sar_annihilator said:
@eternaldarkfury said:

Thats when it is in a pack. A lone Wolf is definitely not a more successful hunter than a Leopard or a Lion. Hyenas fight with its head two. They arent brainless you know? like Wolves, they are aware of their surroundings and will play it right when they have too. Doesnt mean a thing? Mate when you see a 250kg Male lions struggling to pin down a Hyena and the hyena fights back, biting the Lions paws and face and gets away, you think a 20-30kg Canine is going to be able to pull it off? Think again.

Show me the proof then. You keep jabbering about how tough Hyenas are but cant even provide any source to prove your point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRUbEcgL1M

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8u8y9

These two videos are all I need to provide. A Hyena's toughness should never be questioned. I know many peers hate them and call them cowardly but its all just unnecessary. If you actually look into the animal, then you would understand it a bit better.

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sar_annihilator: I guess I did overlook at the Hyenas durability aspect. Never thought they were this tough.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bcbd4748c2e
deactivated-64bcbd4748c2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok if a Hyena can take an ass beating from two male Lions like that and even try to resist, then I dont know what the hell the Wolf is going to do here. Hyena stomps right now

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena stomps

Avatar image for jormungandr-jay
Jormungandr-Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sar_annihilator: I usually agree with you on most animal fights on this site but not here. Wolves take on Grizzly Bears and Hyenas take on Lions. The competition for the Wolves is way higher than that of the Hyenas, therefore the Wolf is the tougher animal and will win this fight.

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sar_annihilator: I usually agree with you on most animal fights on this site but not here. Wolves take on Grizzly Bears and Hyenas take on Lions. The competition for the Wolves is way higher than that of the Hyenas, therefore the Wolf is the tougher animal and will win this fight.

The Wolves taking on Grizzly Bears argument is so overdone, it aint even funny. Wolves can take on a Grizzly. Thats impressive, but you see this is were the problem lies, Wolves take on ONE Grizzly Bear. They have their sights set on one big target. Thats why they prepare and have better coordinations the majority of the time. Meanwhile Hyenas dont just worry about the Alpha Male Lion,they have to be worrying about the group of Lionesses that is in the field with them and perhaps even the pending threat of another Male Lion lurking since Lion Prides can contain up to two Alpha Lions plus a Sub-Adult Male and all the Lionesses. You think thats easy? Hyenas have to be prepared to engage against multiple targets, not just the one. Lions are fast, agile, and aggressive so I dont blame the Hyenas for wanting to retreat and perhaps live to fight another day. Simple as that. Any consultation, i'd rather deal with one Grizzly Bear than a Pride of Lions. Plus we cant ignore that alot of the times Hyenas overwhelm them. a pack of Wolves can stay in the game due to their stamina but in the long run the Hyenas will overwhelm them too. The competition for the Wolves is not higher than the Hyenas. Not sure were you got that from but no matter this a one on one fight and not a pack or clan clash so just look at the points I made above and then you can decide.

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to think the Wolf but now I believe a Hyena would win. They are persistent tough bastards and they definitely are superior

Avatar image for sagathegoldsage
SagaTheGoldSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hyena annihilates Wolf.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Man, by the time the Wolf tries to take a bite, the Hyena would be ripping trough the Wolves insides. Hyena wins and any other objection is wrong. Also LMFAO at a bite from the Wolf crippling a Hyena.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena.

Avatar image for iimpy_alpha_god
Iimpy_Alpha_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena stomps

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure this has already been done a few times.

OT: Hyena would win

ITACHI_IS_GAWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolf would wreck the Hyena.

R4zerSh4rp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be tough but the Hyena probably bites the Wolf's genitals off since I've heard they are one of the few animals that will actually go for it on purpose. Might be wrong on that.

Avatar image for bardadwondergal
BardaDWonderGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena.

Avatar image for demonicravegirl
DemonicRaveGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for korbnitewarrior
KorbniteWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena wins, they are more robust, stronger and a stronger bite force, most likely they would just have a stand off until the wolf retreats, African wild dogs get the advantage on hyenas only when numbers are on their side and they are a lot more ruthless than a grey wolf.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d16a1c6f4ed
deactivated-61d16a1c6f4ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with the hyena.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This version of Wolf is not big enough to go against a Hyena

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cocacolaman  Moderator

Gray Wolf

• Less than a meter tall
  • A meter and a half long
  • 81 kg at most on average
  • 400 PSI bite

Hyena

• Less than a meter tall, but slightly taller than the wolf
  • A meter and a half long, but slightly longer than the wolf
  • 55 kg at most on average
  • 1100 PSI Bite

The wolf might weigh more but the Hyena should be better overall.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena

Avatar image for uxasgodoflordsz
UxasGodOfLordsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyena murks a Wolf.

People who defend the Wolf always have some of the silliest points you can think of.

1500 PsI tHaT cAn ReAcH 1900 pSi

WoLf Is SmArTeR sO iT wInS

And the worst one of all.............. WoLf WiNs BeCaUsE iTs A bEaTiFuL aNiMaL aNd HyEnA iS uGlY

MaiitoGuy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolf.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Hyena

Wolf would take it in packs though

Avatar image for korbnitewarrior
KorbniteWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-62feb2f6d86f1
deactivated-62feb2f6d86f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spotted hyena should win, imo.

Avatar image for xxbaneofdurinxx
xXBANEOFDURINXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolf. Hyenas cant even beat Leopards lol

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mee09

@xxbaneofdurinxx: When is the last time you've see a Wolf beat an African Leopard???

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mee09

Good Lord the Wolf is one of my favorite animals of all time.

But can we get some actual animal experts in the thread? Lots of moronic arguments being made for the Wolf obviously because they think it's cooler. The bite force from a Hyena would literally force any canine aside from maybe a Pitbull into shock. It's not built to withstand that kind of impact and it will have never been bit that hard before. Assuming the Hyena doesn't bite the Wolf's leg and snap it. After getting bit that hard the Wolf is probably going to run away. It's intelligence and survival instinct should work against it here.

Wolves are hunters but they aren't made for actual combat. So bite force and pain tolerance absolutely matters. While bigger than say Pitbulls. They aren't actually bred for combat like them.

xXBANEOFDURINXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

@xxbaneofdurinxx: When is the last time you've see a Wolf beat an African Leopard???

Got me on that one bud, but at the same time its not a total insane response given that Lone Wolfs have been recorded killing Cougars. A feline who is better than the Leopard.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxbaneofdurinxx: .......A Lone Wolf?!?!

A Lone Wolf is an outcast of the pack. It's not like in the anime. A Lone Wolf is probably the worst fighter that was in his previous pack and he was too scared to fight back against his pack in the first place.

Male Wolves on average are about 70-140 pounds. A male Lone Wolf probably not be 140 pounds. Because be doesn't have a pack to eat as much. So he'll likely be 90 pounds at most. A male African Leopard. The things that actually are able to go up against Hyenas. Are about 121-198 pounds.

Avatar image for nabu_uni_zatara
Nabu_UNI_Zatara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Hyena would win. Like @mee09 said, Wolves are extremely popular and deserve to be and Hyenas are probalby one of the least popular animals but it still shouldnt put bias in the way. A Wolf just isnt tough or well suited to take on an animal who is heavily built like the Hyena is

xXBANEOFDURINXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: Man, I got nothing. I concede then.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

@xxbaneofdurinxx: .......A Lone Wolf?!?!

A Lone Wolf is an outcast of the pack. It's not like in the anime. A Lone Wolf is probably the worst fighter that was in his previous pack and he was too scared to fight back against his pack in the first place.

Male Wolves on average are about 70-140 pounds. A male Lone Wolf probably not be 140 pounds. Because be doesn't have a pack to eat as much. So he'll likely be 90 pounds at most. A male African Leopard. The things that actually are able to go up against Hyenas. Are about 121-198 pounds.

A male leopard is only able to go against a male hyena (who is already equal or better than a male wolf). A FEMALE hyena dominates leopards and is both bigger and stronger than them. A female hyena is huge compared to your average wolf, and even an alpha wolf is only as strong as a man.