Wizards (HP) VS MCU Avengers

• 188 results
m_u_s_883311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Wizards (HP) VS MCU Avengers (92 votes)

Wizards (Harry Potter) 37%
Avengers 63%
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules

All wizards/witches from Harry Potter included, GOOD ANDBAD

THANOS IS NOTINCLUDED, so is HULK

Battle takes place here
Battle takes place here

No prep, win by death

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magic >>>>>>>Technology

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cpt_nice

That is a TON of people on HP team. Like, even just the named ones is already dozens. With the thousands of unnamed wizards and witches, that is a clear win for them. With many casualties tho.

m_u_s_883311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with thor ( nothing) ?

TheAlmightyKue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real issue is that they have shield spells that can block physical projectiles. Multiple wizards casting the same spell is shown to strength that spell exponentially. So just a dozen casting the shield spell from the last book/movie would keep the Avengers out, while letting them cast outward toward them.
the Killing Curse in the book has no green light beam, it was just a flash of green light in the direction the wand was facing. So most of the avengers would be dead before they even realized there was an attack incoming.
Thor is possibly the only one who might have a resistance but the killing curse attacks the soul.. and Thor does have a soul from what we are lead to believe (Given Odin is showing up in visions and haunting his backside)
But even still they have spells that can slice him to bits to put him down. We see he can't regrow limbs or organs.. they could vanish all the bones in his body, vanish his weapon, slice his throat, etc.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Strange could litteraly destroy entire armies of the HP teams alone, the cannon fodder wizards and the students are nothing but distractions for the High Tier MCU heroes. The unforgivable curses are troublesome and would kill any of them, except maybe Vision, if they land, but that's exclusive to the Death Eaters and the Snatchers, and they can simply be outdrawn and taken out by AoE.

The likes of Snape, Bellatrix, McGonagall, Flitwick, Bones etc. would defeat the striking majority of the heroes 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1, but they can't do anything about the aforementioned characters either. Not even Dumbledore, Voldemort or Grindelwald are anything in comparison to them.

So in short, the MCU Team should win strictly because of the 4 OP high tiers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: There are other spells that could work that the main characters have used. Sectumsempra, imperio (take control of Thor and use him against the others), protego, hell even stupefy. They can also apparate and cast devastating AOE spells (movie Voldemort's glass attack for example could kill quite a few Avengers, or he or Crabbe could call forth fiendfyre).

Scarlet Witch won't be able to take on more than one or two Death Eaters at once, imperio could be used for Thor and if need be he could be hit by the killing curse while he struggles to break free of it, and Strange can eventually be overwhelmed.

I'd say the HP team actually take this, but with many casualties.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Strange could litteraly destroy entire armies of the HP teams alone, the cannon fodder wizards and the students are nothing but distractions for the High Tier MCU heroes. The unforgivable curses are troublesome and would kill any of them, except maybe Vision, if they land, but that's exclusive to the Death Eaters and the Snatchers, and they can simply be outdrawn and taken out by AoE.

The likes of Snape, Bellatrix, McGonagall, Flitwick, Bones etc. would defeat the striking majority of the heroes 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1, but they can't do anything about the aforementioned characters either. Not even Dumbledore, Voldemort or Grindelwald are anything in comparison to them.

So in short, the MCU Team should win strictly because of the 4 OP high tiers.

I disagree with u. Thor can be quickly taken down by obliviate or crucio or avadekedavra. Wanda is mostly a jobber despite she is my favourite superhero movie character and i am mega fanboy of her. Vision can be taken down by let say being transfigured into dog. Stephen also is a jobber. Very powerful sorcerrer even above dumbledore but is a jobber overally just like all Arrowverse ultra highest tier characters

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator

@breakofdawn: @dianaallmighty: Transfiguration and Avada Kedavra would obviously work on the high tiers, I'm just not seeing the wizards landing those. Everyone of the MCU heroes is faster than the wizards by feats, so they can outdraw and take them out immediately.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony solos

Avatar image for bingothemotherload
BingoTheMotherload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All HP wizards. There are thousands... I'm imagining this like the Battle of Sokovia, but instead of Ultron drones it's the wizards surrounding the Avengers. From that point on, instead of mindlessly running among the heroes and getting smashed, they could all start spamming AOE spells in the general direction of the Avengers. The heroes immediately return fire, kill a good number of wizards, but soon die in explosions/fire/projectile rain coming from all directions.

If this were the Avengers vs, for example, only Hogwarts's staff, then it would be interesting to watch. In that case both sides would stand a chance, and the likely victor would probably be the team which would recover from shock of facing completely unfamiliar magic/technology first. I'm leaning towards Avengers, as they are mostly: 1. professional soldiers or experienced warriors, 2. they have Strange among them, so they are familiar with the existence of magic, while the wizards, whose non-magical technology is somewhere around Middle Ages level, couldn't even begin to comprehend Avengers' high tech.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All HP wizards. There are thousands... I'm imagining this like the Battle of Sokovia, but instead of Ultron drones it's the wizards surrounding the Avengers. From that point on, instead of mindlessly running among the heroes and getting smashed, they could all start spamming AOE spells in the general direction of the Avengers. The heroes immediately return fire, kill a good number of wizards, but soon die in explosions/fire/projectile rain coming from all directions.

If this were the Avengers vs, for example, only Hogwarts's staff, then it would be interesting to watch. In that case both sides would stand a chance, and the likely victor would probably be the team which would recover from shock of facing completely unfamiliar magic/technology first. I'm leaning towards Avengers, as they are mostly: 1. professional soldiers or experienced warriors, 2. they have Strange among them, so they are familiar with the existence of magic, while the wizards, whose non-magical technology is somewhere around Middle Ages level, couldn't even begin to comprehend Avengers' high tech.

I know but u know... Magic is magic. Powers beyond physics. Transfiguration teach Minerva Mcgonagal can turn Iron Man's suit into stone or water. Stephen is as mighty as grindenwald or Credence Bareborne from FB and Wtft, but he is a jobber. If he wasn't jobbing he could easily take down maw for instance sending to "i've been falling for 30 minutes" dimension. Hulk is very weak in MCU and i wouldn't be suprised if somebody would just shot stunning spell or levicorpus. Wizards can also use felix felicis to be practically Fox Domino of Potterverse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: @dianaallmighty: Transfiguration and Avada Kedavra would obviously work on the high tiers, I'm just not seeing the wizards landing those. Everyone of the MCU heroes is faster than the wizards by feats, so they can outdraw and take them out immediately.

Do u know impedimento ?

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thoromdil

Feels like the stomp in HP favor is very unnecessary. The likes of Dumbledore can comfortably take out 90% of the Avengers team with a casual one shot and even arguably beat the rest with some difficulty. Thor is weak to telepathy so a spell like Oblivious will turn him into a helpless baby and Imperio will even make him turn on the Avengers. Strange and Wanda are jokes compared to Dumbledore. Dumbledores casting time is 10 times faster and his spells can do stuff like transmute you to a rock or paralyze you instantly. He can also aporate around in a blink of an eye to get a clear shot and bypass shields. Like I said, its an unnecessary overkill. Feels like Voldemort and Dumbledore could probably duo this.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor literally solos...

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Wizards win with many casualties.

There's literally thousands of wizards vs. like 20 Avengers. The Death Eaters alone could be a problem because they won't hesitate to use the Killing Curse and none of the Avengers will see it coming. The only person who could survive it is Vision probably, because he has no real soul.

There's just way too much versatility and hax for the Avengers to deal with. Protego, Transfiguration spells, Unforgivable Curses, Stupefy, etc. Too much to handle.

Avatar image for demightysquidge
DeMightySquidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was about to say "Is everybody here crazy!?!?!?! Nothing on the HP side would even begin to get past Dr. Strange's shields!" ...then I saw "MCU".

I reeeeaaaally need to be more careful about reading OP's.

MCU Strange will block some of what's coming, but he will probably only be able to shield himself, and there's just too much coming his way. From what I remember, he has trouble defending and attacking at the same time. Once he decides to do more than stand there taking shots, he goes down quickly. So do Vision and Iron Man, though each takes a bunch of wizards with him. Ultimately, it comes down to how resistant MCU Thor is to magic, and given the sheer number of high powered (i.e. Hogwarts, Ministry of Magic, Death Eaters, etc.) wizards he'll be facing, and his showings in things like Ragnarok, I don't see him lasting long enough to kill them all.

Wizards win, with horrendous casualties.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

Thor literally solos...

Obliviatte, impedimento and avadakedavra disagree

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange throws them all into the mirror dimension.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaallmighty: aaaand When has any of that worked on someone durable enough to take the heat of a star?

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

Thor literally solos...

Obliviatte, impedimento and avadakedavra disagree

Those spells aren't tagging thor, and even if they do, they ain't doing anything. The killing curse was blocked by giants' skin and stones. It ain't doing anything to thor.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@dianaallmighty: aaaand When has any of that worked on someone durable enough to take the heat of a star?

Oblivate attacks mind and avadakedavra attacks soul like legilimens. Impediment just slows down enemies.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Thor soloing is utterly preposterous when there are about a million ways the HP wizards could take him out. Fiendfire, the Imperius Curse and the Killing Curse. There are also many others. Add in the fact that the HP team literally has a city buster on their side I can see them taking this.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: Thor has tanked city busting like a champ, so... Also, Feats for those spells even scratching someone who can survive the heat of a star or tank a city explosion? I doubt it

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Alavanka

Avengers.

Every beam-like spell in HP-verse can be dodged or reacted to by nearly every hogwarts student, and these are mostly unathletic teenagers we're talking about. Sure, the killing curse is lethal....but so is a gun. Infact a gun can overpenetrate and kill multiple people at once, whilst a killing curse can rebound if someone's loved one jumps in front of them. So like.... Iron Man builds an iron legion, and guns them down.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Amonfire1776

Avengers curbstomp...regular humans could wipe out wizards let alone Superheroes...

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward gun blitzes

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
DarkPrimeSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

By death you say?

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU team wins because of their top tiers.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Dr. Strange, Wanda, and Thor are the only chance but doubt Strange will use the stone. Also not sure how the Death Curse would affect these three, but still think I'll back Team HP in a close one.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@arkhamasylum3: Thor has tanked city busting like a champ, so... Also, Feats for those spells even scratching someone who can survive the heat of a star or tank a city explosion? I doubt it

Considering spells don't actually affect people physically I'd say they can. In Goblet of Fire it is stated by muggles that wizards spells don't affect people at all and that even though they are dead, medically they are completely healthy. You see it doesn't really matter what Thor has tanked in the past when spells literally don't affect people physically unlike everything Thor has tanked. Basically none of Thor's durability feats suggest he's capable of defending against such an attack and you trying to place the burden of proof on me is strangely ironic considering the burden of proof is actually on you to prove Thor can tank such an attack.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: Yes, the burden of proof is on me to prove Thor can tank the level of output those spells can do. I’ve already done that. Now the burden of proof is on you to prove those spells can kill someone>>>>>>Human level of durability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@arkhamasylum3: Yes, the burden of proof is on me to prove Thor can tank the level of output those spells can do. I’ve already done that. Now the burden of proof is on you to prove those spells can kill someone>>>>>>Human level of durability.

But spells don't work on fantastic creatures because it is explained that powerful magic blood/physiology makes them resistance to it. Dragons are greatly reisstance because of ultra haxiness ( notice that from their hearts are made cores of wands just like uniconr's hair/horn, Phoenix's feather or some exceptions like Vile's hair like Fleur's wand or Testral's hair like Elder Wand )

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@xzone: You haven't done anything though. You have proven Thor can tank stuff within the physical realm but you have not proven he can tank stuff that does no physical damage whatsoever and that can kill him while he is medically completely healthy despite being dead of course. The burden of proof is on you to show he can tank stuff when his durability does not matter.

"(The police had never read an odder report. A team of doctors had examined the bodies, and had concluded that none of the Riddles had been poisoned, stabbed, shot strangled, suffocated or (as far as the could tell) harmed at all. In fact, the report continued, in a tone of unmistakable bewilderment, the Riddles all appeared to be in perfect health - apart form the fact that they were all dead.)"

Credit: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire page 9

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

But spells don't work on fantastic creatures because it is explained that powerful magic blood/physiology makes them resistance to it. Dragons are greatly reisstance because of ultra haxiness ( notice that from their hearts are made cores of wands just like uniconr's hair/horn, Phoenix's feather or some exceptions like Vile's hair like Fleur's wand or Testral's hair like Elder Wand )

Actually this is false. This is a note about stunning spells made in Fantastic Beasts and Order of the Phoenix. This does not however refer to Killing Curses, TK or Fiendfire amongst others. Don't believe this @xzone it's been taken out of context.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

And what does all of those cute feats protect him from horcrux one shoting very hax firefiend, imperius/legilimens mindrape, crucio's massive tortures, oblivate's oblivion ( like Arrowvere Martian Mainhunter ) or instant death Avadakedvra ?

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@dianaallmighty: Good you've finally realised Thor cannot tank the most advanced spells in HP. I'm actually fairly confident the HP team can win this especially since they have a city buster on their side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Even if avengers got help from Agard army or wakanda army Voldemort can summon dementors what means nobody in MCU ( probably besides Vision ) see them because only magical, squib and half blood can see him ( technically Dr Strange or Wond are muggles ). Then demontors just sucks lucky memories from them and for the end they use soul draining kiss. Only positive wave can repel them

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: Whenever Diana says something I assume it’s false. Anyways, why exactly should these curses work on someone as durable as Thor? Haven’t they been bounced off much less durable things?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@arkhamasylum3: Whenever Diana says something I assume it’s false. Anyways, why exactly should these curses work on someone as durable as Thor? Haven’t they been bounced off much less durable things?

Those spells which i mentioned doesn't affect your physical body ( crucio somehow does it, but it bypasses your durability and affects tour pain receptors to feel great pain ).

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@arkhamasylum3: Whenever Diana says something I assume it’s false. Anyways, why exactly should these curses work on someone as durable as Thor?

I've explained this in my last post. Thor's durability does not matter because spells transcend the physcial world and laws. Thor can be killed by one of these spells but still be completely healthy medical.

Haven’t they been bounced off much less durable things?

Nope. They smash any object in their path and when they interact with physical beings they instantly kill them. The only person who's ever survived one of these curses is Harry but that was only because of magic itself something Thor does not have.

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I firmly believe that Dumbledore, Voldemort, or Grindelwald would have the ability to solo the MCU, even if you threw in Thanos (without IG) and his black order. Anyone who wishes to debate it with me need only tag me.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frombeyond: Ok I will respond to you. I definitely think HP team wins this fight but I don't see how Dumbledore can solo the MCU. Please enlighten me.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: That’s the ultimate NLF, and it’s ridiculous. Does it transcend Thor’s armor too that has tanked a star’s heat? Also, how fast are those spells? If they don’t travel at ay least Mach one they won’t be tagging Thor

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3

Quite simple. The OP shows a large open landscape with no specified starting distance. Therefore I can assume they start on opposite sides of the landscape. Said high tier wizard casts a disillusionment charm upon themselves and then proceeds to take a stroll towards the strongest of the MCU team (i.e. Thor, Scarlett Witch etc.).

None of the MCU team can detect that which is invisible, a muffliato charm would stop any noise. The wizard casts an imperius curse upon a few of the high tiers, then simply apparates away and allows the avengers to destroy themselves. Its basically a successful version of Zemo's plot in Civil War, using magic.

@xzone yes lmao ;p

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@arkhamasylum3: That’s the ultimate NLF, and it’s ridiculous. Does it transcend Thor’s armor too that has tanked a star’s heat?

Yes it does because it's an entirely different kind of attack. You can list these feats all you want but none of them prove Thor can tank something which literally transcends reality which I've provided evidence for.

Also, how fast are those spells? If they don’t travel at ay least Mach one they won’t be tagging Thor

Considering Thor has been tagged by Iron Man's gaunlet blasts and several of these spells are AOE attacks I'd say they probably can considering humans are literally incapable of reacting to them which was shown In Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them. I can post gifs if they're need.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@frombeyond: You are literally God thank you. I can use this to my advantage I didn't even think of it. Well RIP team MCU. You have enlightened me.

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frombeyond: You are literally God thank you. I can use this to my advantage I didn't even think of it. Well RIP team MCU. You have enlightened me.

I have my moments.