car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By car0nshell
No Caption Provided

This is a battle of wit as much as a battle of physical skills. The fight takes place in the room shown above. Both men get 3 days of prep and can bring whatever weapons or armor to the fight.

Premise

Fisk escapes prison and S.H.I.E.L.D needs to take him in for questioning before dropping him back in a cell. All of Coulson's team get separated, Fisk and Coulson find each other face to face. Alone.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisk.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisk. Coulson has no combat feats.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SinnTek1
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Fisk.

Both men get 3 days of prep and can bring whatever weapons or armor to the fight.

Umm....slaughter stomp for Phil. Shield's resources are ridiculous.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinntek1 said:

@darthaznable said:

Wrong and wrong. He has combat feats and he can bring a bunch of overpowered weapons including the destroyer gun.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is almost impossible to call. I guess if we quantify it, Fisk has more advantages, but that really doesn't tell us how the battle will go down if they both get three days of prep in a room filled with SHIELD weapons.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sinntek1 said:

@darthaznable said:

Wrong and wrong. He has combat feats and he can bring a bunch of overpowered weapons including the destroyer gun.

Ok, well he does have "combat" feats but how does putting up someone who did this :

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/09/coulson-spear-2.jpg

Fair in a fight against someone who's biggest feat was this :

No Caption Provided

Coulson has literally no hand to hand combat feats that I am aware of, and if the fight were to take place in that room, I highly doubt Fisk would get in that room. You also said MCU (not Agents of SHIELD. I mean I guess to some people that's the same thing, not to me though.)

I'm still giving this to Fisk because of what he was capable of with only like what 8 hours prep time?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched AoS but I'd imagine Coulson can get a hold of some pretty crazy tech and gear.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tparks

I haven't watched AoS in a long time, but does Coulson still have the same resources he had before Shield fell? If he does, he wins. Coulson at least has some ranged combat feats, I don't think Fisk did, which is what will determine a win here. I don't see this being a H2H fight at all.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinntek1: .

I'm still giving this to Fisk because of what he was capable of with only like what 8 hours prep time?

Read the OP:

Both men get 3 days of prep and can bring whatever weapons or armor to the fight.

That's a lot more than 8 hours, what are you talking about? He brings guns, lots of guns. Icers, the Destroyer Gun, and that special gun he killed the clairvoyant with.

Loading Video...

You also said MCU (not Agents of SHIELD. I mean I guess to some people that's the same thing, not to me though.)

I'm talking about the MCU Agents of Shield TV Show?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

I haven't watched AoS in a long time, but does Coulson still have the same resources he had before Shield fell? If he does, he wins. Coulson at least has some ranged combat feats, I don't think Fisk did, which is what will determine a win here. I don't see this being a H2H fight at all.

He's dealing with the counter shield, but he can still get a hold of different resources and weapons in the MCU universe.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sinntek1: .

Read the OP:

That's a lot more than 8 hours, what are you talking about? He brings guns, lots of guns. Icers, the Destroyer Gun, and that special gun he killed the clairvoyant with.

You also said MCU (not Agents of SHIELD. I mean I guess to some people that's the same thing, not to me though.)

I'm talking about the MCU Agents of Shield TV Show?

I get that I'm stating look at what Fisk did with only 8 hours. Not that that's all he has.

Also, I don't know enough about the Tv show anyways but depending on if Coulson got any new tech, it could be a close match. I just don't see him having the ability to take someone out who did all of that by himself pretty much in that short amount of time.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lukehero said:

@tparks said:

He's dealing with the counter shield, but he can still get a hold of different resources and weapons in the MCU universe.

Seems like he would get some nice weapons, and probably have access to learn everything about Fisk in three days given Shield's reach, even with Fisk's attempt to remain in the shadows.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinntek1: TV Shield has a bunch of weapon caches. He has 3 days. He goes and picks up some guns like the ICERs and one shots Fisk. Prep Wise, Fisk could barely get anything done without Wesley or one of his other henchmen holding his hand.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sinntek1: TV Shield has a bunch of weapon caches. He has 3 days. He goes and picks up some guns like the ICERs and one shots Fisk. Prep Wise, Fisk could barely get anything done without Wesley or one of his other henchmen holding his hand.

I guess. I mean he does have a few feats that he even specified he had a hand in. But yeah I can see how Coulson could win if the tech is better in AoS.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Phil sets up a holo decoy and calls in an airstrike. GG.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil stomps.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those saying Coulson has no feats are incorrect. Coulson has a considerable number of fight scenes in AoS and in the Marvel One Shot he starred in. Not to mention his massive array of resources.

A funny thing happened on the way to Thor's hammer

Coulson shows some fairly good skills in that clip, which isn't from the shows for those who wrongly think AoS isn't part of the MCU

Highlight of Coulson's fights

Here Coulson takes hits from two enhanced individuals, fights Agent 33 (who went H2H with Agent May) and beats Garret. So saying he has no H2H feats is kinda lame.

In three days Coulson can bring soooo much tech to this fight tits not fair.

This includes:

I.C.E.R.S
Destroyer Armour Prototype Gun
Thundersticks
Electric Net Grenade

Any of that tech is dropping Fisk in one hit, no worries.

In less time Coulson managed to evade a SHIELD squad, call in Enhanced backup, locate many different individuals and steal a Quinjet.

Heck Cooulson could use the Hologram Decoy and just shoot Fisk.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: You can tell who watches the show and who just rolls up in the thread and posts ****.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of one sided given the weaponry Colson has. Then again if it were just h2h, Fisk would win pretty easily. Bad match up is bad.

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Void-X

Fisk opens up a can of whip a$$ and beats Phil like it's his job.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Deathlok count as a weapon?

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spector_Rand

@lukehero: Yeah 100%. IMO given the conditions this actually a mismatch.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: i think coulson wins most. but if he hesitates for a second and fisk grabs him its over. coulson has to go for killing shot cause the guy shrugs off knives and tasers.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: With the conditions stated, Coulson never even has to come close to Fisk. Not to mention, Coulson has no qualms killing people, the Agents kill people in the show all the time.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: you just contradicted yourself. OP clearly states they need to capture him to put him back in a cell. if coulson goes to injure and slow fisk down it will just anger him and coulson dies. Also you didnt read my post as I said clearly coulson wins most times, but he has to go for the killing shot.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Veshark

Jeez, more people need to start watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. To say Coulson has no combat feats is ridiculous, as is faulting him for losing to an opponent several leagues above his weight class. It's just as silly as suggesting the series isn't part of the MCU. Like whuh? Fisk is a mere mobster, Coulson deals with superhumans on a daily basis.

Given the prep conditions, Coulson has this in the bag. While Fisk has shown the occasional intelligent tactic (I'm thinking the bombings mostly), his prep feats are dwarfed by Phil's. We're talking about a guy who was handpicked by Fury himself to lead the new S.H.I.E.L.D.; the recent string of episodes with Coulson vs. 'the other S.H.I.E.L.D.' more or less cement this man's reputation as a formidable strategist. Given three days to study up on their respective opponents, I'd bet on Coulson more often than not

And while Coulson is hardly useless in H2H combat (see his fights with Mr. Hyde and Agent 33), he'd probably opt for the fastest method of putting Kingpin down. The Destroyer gun is a bit of a stretch really, he doesn't want to kill Fisk, but between a hologram generator, a Thunderstick, and a Night-Night Gun/I.C.E.R., I don't see why he shouldn't take this. Even if Fisk wears his armor, the Night-Night Gun/I.C.E.R. should be able to penetrate it, considering its rounds can pierce body armor and even pre-upgrade Deathlok (the latter being a superhuman with enough durability to survive a jump from five stories up). And on that note Coulson has far superior marksmanship feats than Fisk in the event that the mob boss decides to bring firearms too.

@nerdchore I don't think Coulson has to go for a kill shot, necessarily. For one, the I.C.E.R. is a nonlethal weapon, and for another even the Night-Night Gun (the I.C.E.R.'s predecessor) had enough dendrotoxin to take down pre-upgrade Deathlok. It stands to reason the I.C.E.R. could do the same to Fisk. One good shot from that weapon should incapacitate Fisk fairly harmlessly.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: there is no guarantee that it will. he shrugged off a tazer, just pissed him off. he took daredevils batons rather easily as well. all it takes is for fisk to grab coulson and its over. still i think coulson can win most of these fights if hes smart. but one slip up and hes toast

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: What if he knock him out with any of the tech he has? Fisk isn't more durable than Deathlok or a Kree warrior.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: there is no guarantee that it will. he shrugged off a tazer, just pissed him off. he took daredevils batons rather easily as well. all it takes is for fisk to grab coulson and its over. still i think coulson can win most of these fights if hes smart. but one slip up and hes toast

There's more evidence that implies it will rather than not. An I.C.E.R. isn't like a taser, it doesn't use electricity, it literally poisons its target with dendrotoxin. We've seen it affect superhumans before, and it drops regular humans wearing armored vests with a single shot. Even if Kingpin has enough willpower/constitution to endure one shot (which I doubt), there's no reason why Coulson can't pump one or two more nonlethal hits to take Wilson down. And I disagree that it's immediately over if Fisk grabs Coulson. For one, Agent Coulson is hardly useless in a H2H confrontation (again, this guy has engaged superhumans in H2H), and for another between Coulson's fighting skills and Fisk being affected by the toxin, I'd wager Coulson has enough time to shoot off another I.C.E.R. round.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nerdchore

@veshark: you clearly missed the part where i said coulson wins most rounds and also where i said coulson wins if he is smart. coulson has decent h2h showings. he's not getting away from fisk if he closes the distance.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: like i said coulson win if hes smart he has the weapons to take fisk out, but if he isn't smart or underestimates fisk he will lose badly.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Veshark

@veshark: you clearly missed the part where i said coulson wins most rounds and also where i said coulson wins if he is smart. coulson has decent h2h showings. he's not getting away from fisk if he closes the distance.

I didn't miss anything. I'm starting to think you might have though.

I never said/implied that you argued Coulson would lose the majority here. So I'm not sure why you're even bringing that up. The only point of contention I brought up was your claim that Coulson has to go for the kill shot, which I just disproved in the post above. As well as your claim that it's 'all over' once Fisk grabs Coulson. Again, considering Coulson was able to do decent against Calvin Zabo in H2H, I'm going to stand by my opinion that Phil could buy enough time to fire off another I.C.E.R. round.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: haha yeah sorry, I misread what you were saying haha my bad. Yeah totally agreed, while Coulson has skill he won't beat Fisk in a fair fight.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil lolstomps

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: true but it also assumes he brings those weapons. i dont recall if they are standard gear and if fisk is a big enough threat that they would use them on him. i also dont recall them using it on the kree. could be wrong tho.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: true but it also assumes he brings those weapons. i dont recall if they are standard gear and if fisk is a big enough threat that they would use them on him. i also dont recall them using it on the kree. could be wrong tho.

An I.C.E.R. is very much standard gear (not that Coulson is restricted to that, as the OP clearly states he can bring 'whatever weapons' to this fight), and considering it's mostly used as a nonlethal means of disarming humans, I'd say it's entirely in-character for Coulson to use one to apprehend Fisk.

I never even mentioned the Kree, and far as I remember they never used the I.C.E.R. on Vin-Tak...so I'm not entirely sure what your point is...

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: They used the Electric Net Grenade on the Kree.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I think the Kree thing was referencing something I said, though it wasn't regarding the I.C.E.R.S

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

fair enough. and sorry was going back and forth between two conversations so i got it mixed up.

My last question then has the i.c.e.r penetrated armor?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

fair enough. and sorry was going back and forth between two conversations so i got it mixed up.

My last question then has the i.c.e.r penetrated armor?

It's fine.

Repeatedly. In a recent episode, Coulson and Hunter used the I.C.E.R.s to one-shot S.H.I.E.L.D. agents wearing body armor. And again, the Night-Night rifle (the weaker version of the I.C.E.R.) was able to penetrate pre-upgrade Deathlok's skin. So I don't think Kingpin's armor is going to do much here. Far as I know Fisk's armor protects him from H2H damage and bladed weapons, but not projectiles.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Where da heck have you been over the months?

You need to do a CaV again bruh!

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers