• 120 results
Avatar image for immoralimmortal
Posted by immoralimmortal (1278 posts) 29 days, 8 hours ago

Poll: Will Dark Phoenix Be The Strongest Comic Book Movie Character? (101 votes)

yes 38%
no 62%

besides featless & unquantifiable abstracts like Dormammu, do you think she will be the strongest CBM character we've seen so far?

I think she will out-do IG Thanos honestly. Dark Phoenix looks like it's going to have insane feats

#1 Edited by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

will be interesting to see. But so far from trailers something like killing Mystique and constraining Magneto is not in top

#2 Edited by Soratoumiga (3579 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#3 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17049 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm 🤔 possibly.

#5 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4367 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox characters have massive AoE but low focused power thus are not that efficient in combat. In a battle, no. In pure energy output likely, except IG users, Ego and Silver Surfer.

#6 Edited by eri123 (1639 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if she will be more powerful than Legion and Shadow King.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#7 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5ce6f72d3aec8
#8 Posted by deactivated-5ce6f72d3aec8 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on whoever she's fighting, if she easily beats the x men that's not the most impressive feat in itself. She'd have to stomp someone very powerful ..more powerful than Apocalypse in order to be considered the strongest. She needs feats like that otherwise she isn't the best. Plus her durability is what..human level? Maybe the Phoenix will upgrade her healing factor. We'll see.

#9 Posted by Blueshoecant (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly, but i think Silver Surfer is still the Strongest

#10 Posted by DevilMayehm666 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: Magneto’s powers are now planetary.

#11 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@DevilMayehm666: when was that said? And I’m not as informed on Thanos with IG vs Phoenix. Can it top that?

#12 Edited by Bearderby (475 posts) - - Show Bio

IG Thanos,
Dormammu,
Galactus,
Silver Surfer,
and most of all Legion

Legion can stop time, inanimate, intangibility, turn anyone into object/ash by thought, instant teleportation way convenient than space stone, telepathy on mutants and completely use their powers, still unknown durability of force field, etc.

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
#13 Edited by newyorkjetsarecool (621 posts) - - Show Bio

IG Thanos is way more powerful, I'd put IG thanos over Dormmamu too. I'd put Galactus Silver Surfer Ego and many more over Jean unless she gets a major buff. Also I forgot Doctor M

#14 Edited by PowerCosmic_ (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see how the QS v Phoenix scene play out. The lightning appeared to be frozen, but Phoenix was still moving. Could she be immune to his speed? He's going to get his ass busted. Lmao.

OT though, I believe she will be top 5 most powerful CBM characters to date.

#15 Posted by Pipxeroth (9363 posts) - - Show Bio

Potentially sure

#16 Posted by Sargeras (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Nothing's topping the Snap.

#17 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

IG Thanos, Dormammu, Smallville superman and maybe Fox Silver Surfer will still be above her.

#18 Posted by The47gang (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, let me ask my crystal ball.

#19 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by DevilMayehm666 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: In X-Men: Apocalypse Magneto was able to control all the metal on Earth and I mean all of it, such as its core.

#21 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@DevilMayehm666: it wasn’t all of it. Hf could grab it underneath and use it, which is crazy powerful, but not the entire earths

#22 Posted by miekskywalker (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@davidharewood14: Despite the horrible representation he did defeat galactus and at worst his feats were planet eating

#23 Posted by KingFrieza (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah... we have monsters like ig Thanos, silver surfer, pg celestial, ego, surtur etc. She will be lucky to top even the weakest of the above, surtur... much less planet busters and the infinity gauntlet's power.

#24 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

IG thanos had universal potency doubt Dark Phoenix will replicate that

#25 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (3017 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as Base characters with no enhancements (ex: Infinity stones), Jean could likely be one of the strongest

#26 Edited by destinyman75 (15112 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on scenes so far not even close. She'd be lucky to match Hela at this point

Thanos

Ego

Ego mostly Dormmamu are going to be well above

Doubt she'll be above Thor

#27 Posted by immoralimmortal (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on scenes so far not even close. She'd be lucky to match Hela at this point

Thanos

Ego

Ego mostly Dormmamu are going to be well above

Doubt she'll be above Thor

lol she's already laughably above Thor just from Apocalypse

#28 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

@davidharewood14: Despite the horrible representation he did defeat galactus and at worst his feats were planet eating

actually featless in durability but u have got a point

#30 Posted by immoralimmortal (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah will need the clip. so far all I have seen is jean absorbing the phoenix in space. might be what you are referring to because it looks like a large combustion but she isn't doing anything

#32 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio
@mm7910 said:

yeah will need the clip. so far all I have seen is jean absorbing the phoenix in space. might be what you are referring to because it looks like a large combustion but she isn't doing anything

images so far of an idea of her power. 1st image is of the force before she is about to absorb it in space. next two are feats or may be.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#33 Posted by DevilMayehm666 (974 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
#34 Posted by newyorkjetsarecool (621 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: Don't care she's still way behind dormammu

#35 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@DevilMayehm666: way too difficult to tell if that is apart of the music video, the force before she gets it, or something else unrelated. But I appreciate the link. Also one planet is not close to being most powerful when there are so many others than wipe out multiple universes.

#37 Posted by immoralimmortal (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@DevilMayehm666: nice.

if that is the phoenix force than she's at least Silver Surfer level

#38 Edited by DavidHarewood14 (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok ok i get it. MCU fans she will below Dormammu for sure. Are u happy now ? Btw definitely one of most powerful ( shows don't count such as smallville or arrowverse )

#39 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (3017 posts) - - Show Bio

By feats (and without enhancements like the IG Gauntlet) Jean seems to be easily one of the most powerful, but by implied power I guess it’s Dormammu (he doesn’t have any good feats besides stomping Strange, which Jean can do effortlessly too)

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#40 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17049 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn

#41 Posted by Essem (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Not seen anything here that Dr Manhattan cant replicate.

#42 Posted by ByondEon (1488 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@DevilMayehm666: nice.

if that is the phoenix force than she's at least Silver Surfer level

I agree probably surfer level so far. will see when movie comes out. I see it possibly pissing some people off though. Kinberg I think is gifted in film but with this being the last one, and he has said they are doing things differently, I can see him laying it all out on the line and vastly going away from the comics. For some reason I can even see him making Jean replicate a House of M type thing at the end of the movie. If any of this happens I will be sorely upset.

#44 Posted by PyroFN (6579 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910 said:

will be interesting to see. But so far from trailers something like killing Mystique and constraining Magneto is not in top

Um....I just found this. You may not want to make a bold claim like that just yet...

No Caption Provided

And of course what we already saw she can do

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The fact that she is doing all this already puts her as one of the most powerful beings in media, under Thanos with a full-powered guantlet and anyone around his power levels.

#45 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12441 posts) - - Show Bio

She could just mind(&(& Thanos with telepathy

Her feat pre-Prime feat stomping Apocalypse >>>>>> anything done by anyone in the MCU that isn’t Surtur, Dormammu, or Ego

#47 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: you may want to read my other comments. Also from your images she is far behind Dormammu, Ego, surfer, Galactus, even Hela. When movie comes out we will see. Probably pass up Hela and surfer/ego. Maybe. But they may overpower her more since last movie.

#48 Edited by PyroFN (6579 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: 1) “you may want to read my other comments”

Which comments? None of your comments refer to anything I just replied. By those feats above, she is a reflexive lightning timer with molecular level tk and the ability to heal her wounds and even repair her X-Men suit with her powers. (Entirely different composition from human skin)

2) “Also from your images she is far behind Dormammu”

Very hypocritical to say I should’ve been the one to go back and read your comments. I specifically said,

‘ under Thanos with a full-powered guantlet and anyone around his power levels.’

That would mean beings like Dormmamu.

3) “Ego”

Ego is a planetary being, literally. Not Magneto and Apocalypse have planetary level feats in X-Men: Apocalypse, the latter whom Jean destroyed.

4) “surfer, Galactus”

Planetary Level brings again. Magneto and Apocalypse already matches that.

5) “Hela”

By what feats? Her best feats are stabbing someone as tall as a mountain and soloing an army and their ships. She is nowhere near any of the other beings you mentioned, let alone Jean.

So putting Jean in a fight with any of those beings, Galactus and Dormmamu are the only ones who beat her by the fact that Dormmamu is too abstract to really quantify and Galactus by virtue of the fact that he doesn’t have a physical body. Surfer can be taken off his board, Hela is nowhere as fast as Jean, and neither is Ego. And even if Ego’s abilities were as fast as Jean’s, she could very much destroy all the attacks he throws at her by virtue of her molecular level tk.

#49 Posted by mm7910 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn: a lot here I’ll have to get around to later since on my phone. Too much wrong for me to do when out and about. Will reply tomorrow when I can. Thanks

#50 Edited by PyroFN (6579 posts) - - Show Bio