Who's Stronger: Fat Thor or Ragnarok Thor?

• 127 results
Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's Stronger: Fat Thor or Ragnarok Thor? (134 votes)

Fat Thor 41%
Ragnarok Thor 59%

to make it even, give them both mjolnir (no stormbreaker for fat thor)

who do you think was the stronger fighter?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh look another thread that has been done more than your mom

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ragnarok Thor.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know more then the directors about their movie too

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Director statements suck tho, they said the leviathan was 3,000,000 tons and it didn't even go through a couple of skyscraper floors smh.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mysterio

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat Thor

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

Director statements suck tho, they said the leviathan was 3,000,000 tons and it didn't even go through a couple of skyscraper floors smh.

You know a skyscraper is built to withstand three million tons because that is how much it weighs.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that actually uses his lightning.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know a skyscraper is built to withstand three million tons because that is how much it weighs.

It didn't even go past the first floor. If I dropped three million tons on a skyscraper you actually think it would suffer only one floor of damage? Smh nick zambuto, I expect more from you. And 3,000,000 tons would be like 9 empire state buildings, that absolutely dwarfs the size of the leviathan shown.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

1. That was a writer, whose probably had literally nothing to do with showing the Leviathan not destroying the building, whereas a destroyer would have something to do with that.
  2. That's a lot less of a relevant detail then how powerful Thor was at the end of Endgame, it's clear(from their statement) that the Russos meant for Thor to be stronger then ever at the end of Endgame, iirc they even said it was going to be IW Thor but Chris wanted to stay fat.
kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
  1. That was a writer, whose probably had literally nothing to do with showing the Leviathan not destroying the building, whereas a destroyer would have something to do with that.
  2. That's a lot less of a relevant detail then how powerful Thor was at the end of Endgame, it's clear(from their statement) that the Russos meant for Thor to be stronger then ever at the end of Endgame, iirc they even said it was going to be IW Thor but Chris wanted to stay fat.

The Russos suck too smh. They think Hulk would stomp Cull despite the fact that Cull was smacking up the Hulkbuster. And by that logic i am going to start using jurgens statement Of Superman being a million times stronger than odinson.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

The Russos suck too smh. They think Hulk would stomp Cull despite the fact that Cull was smacking up the Hulkbuster. And by that logic i am going to start using jurgens statement Of Superman being a million times stronger than odinson.

And I'll start using Jurgens of Thor beating Superman. Anyway, that's besides the point because this is the Russos talking about their movie, their word is law. If they think Hulk can stomp Cull(this is crazy, characters can grow in power), then Hulk does. Literally every feat in IW and Endgame is just the Russos thinking that. Their opinion matters a lot more to me on this then anyone on CV.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

And I'll start using Jurgens of Thor beating Superman. Anyway, that's besides the point because this is the Russos talking about their movie, their word is law. If they think Hulk can stomp Cull(this is crazy, characters can grow in power), then Hulk does. Literally every feat in IW and Endgame is just the Russos thinking that. Their opinion matters a lot more to me on this then anyone on CV.

If feats directly contradict statements then statement sucks. And the russos aren't all knowledgeable gods. I doubt they can even name a single comic Hulk Thanos or Thor feat.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

If feats directly contradict statements then statement sucks. And the russos aren't all knowledgeable gods. I doubt they can even name a single comic Hulk Thanos or Thor feat.

It's literally their movie, in terms of their movie, they are all knowledgeable gods(they literally made it), hence the term "word of god and why would I give a shit about whether they can name a single Hulk Thanos or Thor feat

Giojoestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fat thor was confirmed to be the strongest, though I don't how since IW thor was still in shape and should be logically his prime

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beginning of Ragnarok Thor<Fat Thor<End of Ragnarok Thor

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent:

If feats directly contradict statements then statement sucks

which Fat Thor feat directly contradicts the idea that he was at his best btw?

Giojoestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@alextheboss: russo brothers did a AmA post on the marvel studios subreddit and they stated this

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giojoestar: What was the question that they answered? Because they could be in reference as strength as a character, rather than raw power.

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongest to weakest versions of Thor, from what I've seen.

IW Thor > Ragnarok Awakened Thor > Fat Thor > Phase 1 Thor > Phase 2 Thor

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongest to weakest versions of Thor, from what I've seen.

IW Thor > Ragnarok Awakened Thor > Fat Thor > Phase 1 Thor > Phase 2 Thor

why is phase 2 the worst?

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immoralimmortal:

Ragnarok Thor was IW Thor without stormbreaker I think they're both very close with a slight edge to Ragnarok. Ragnarok Thor makes much more use of his lightning and was a smarter fighter (disorientated Thanos with lightning and summoned huge lightning storms) while Fat Thor was bloodlusted to stupidity and chose to fight Thanos cqc

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 death4bunnies  Moderator

Fat Thor is strongest.

Silly to think otherwise.

——

In universe his mom helped with his mental, and the extra pounds don’t matter to this particular hero.

——

On the vine he is also strongest. Fat Thor carries his IW feats, Ragnarok Thor doesn’t.

——

If they were both stand alone movies, then maybe you could believe Ragnarok Thor was stronger, but judging a ten year in the making character by only his feats in a team up movie is sophistic logic.

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is phase 2 the worst?

No Caption Provided

its pretty obvious if you compare his combat scenes.

No Caption Provided

the only impressive feat he've done in Phase 2 is surviving the explosion of Sokovia.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Agree with you that Fat Thor is capable of IW's feats but he sure doesn't use them in combat. He fights like a viking more than a god

In IW, he summonded a large storm in seconds and had lightning surrounding buildings worth of area around him. He blasted Thanos with a SB blast. Lightning Cloak is a meme by now, but it was present and certainly made killing fodder easier.

In character fat thor is worse than Iw thor, if they're both only with SB. Though bloodlusted and fighting to their best, EG would be better because of mjolnir and feat overlap

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That quote can easily be interpreted as mental strength/willpower, and it makes infinitely more sense to interpret it that way, all things considered.

OT: Ragnarok Thor probably. There’s basically no difference between him and IW Thor given the timeline.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 death4bunnies  Moderator

@kryptonianking88:

Fair points, but I think his lightning cloak was used in endgame, against fodder and once against Thanos.

He even got a good lightning manipulation feat by throwing fodder with sky lighting.

——

He could still fly, and Eg fat Thor went for the head twice in his opening moves against Thanos, ones with Mjolnir, then with Stormbreaker.

——

I agree he fought like a Viking tho, he definitely seemed more grounded.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat Thor's Stormbreaker was downgraded to the level of Mjolnir, and Ragnarok Thor was supposed to be on a whole other tier than Mjolnir.

Ragnarok is WAY stronger.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

IW Thor > Ragnarok Thor > Fat Thor > Phase 1/2 Thor

If Fat Thor had Stormbreaker I would but him above Ragnarok Thor but still lower than IW Thor.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By catlike

@death4bunnies said:

In universe his mom helped with his mental, and the extra pounds don’t matter to this particular hero.

What?

Edit: What did u mean to say here?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uugieboogie

That quote can easily be interpreted as mental strength/willpower, and it makes infinitely more sense to interpret it that way, all things considered.

OT: Ragnarok Thor. There’s basically no difference between him and IW Thor given the timeline.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the thousandth time, EG Thor was Thor at his most powerful. The narrative supports this as well as the literal Russo Brothers. If you’re upset that he didn’t one shot Thanos and the army with his God lightning or put up any sort of fight against him, I’m sorry that you feel that way, maybe Thor isn’t as skilled as he should be in verse, but that doesn’t change the reality of the situation. The Thor that got bodied by Thanos is the most powerful version. If the Russo Brothers said Thor smacked away an asteroid, that would be spammed all on the threads regarding his strength. Either they're liars or they're reliable. It can’t go back and forth because of what you agree with.

Weight doesn’t mean anything as Odin himself had always been fat and he was KING Of Asgard with the power to match. His weight never slowed him down in any sense. Thor being fat has nothing to do with his god stats or abilities. He was in fact, the most powerful version in EG, the ONLY argument here is that he wasn’t powerful enough to everyone’s liking. That’s it.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're just the same. Fat Thor would win with SB though.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By red_ruby_petal
@the_hajduk said:
@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

There is no such skyscraper that is actually 3 million tons, thats just absurd since the most ever it has been is only 200k or 300k tons. Even so its only ever built to support its own weight, a few thousand tons added it would probably collapse.

DevoidRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat Thot as per word of god and not people online thinking a few pounds of fat would do anything to a superhuman Alien god warrior.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 death4bunnies  Moderator

@catlike:

I’ll find the directors statement, but basically Frigga told Thor 'You're OK. You're a f--- up, and you're OK.”

——

Thor was feeling like a failure; he was in a emotionally bad place. His mom(according to the director) snapped him out of it when he met her on Asgard.

——

By the time Thor faced endgame Thanos, he was back to being a warrior. He was still worthy in his mother’s eyes (the frigga conversation) and he was also still worthy in his fathers eyes (Mjolnir returned to him).

——

I don’t think the extra pounds made a difference once Thor got his mind right.

——

Fat duel wielding Thor, is prime Thor.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I see, I'm not sure if I agree with everything you said but thanks for explaining!

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EG Thor is his peak.

Two hammers, full abilities awakened, ready to kill from the start of the fight.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@kalkent: when did anyone say that lmao? 3 MILLION TONS?

Found it... he says "no clue" before giving a random number.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
deactivated-5d7ad417f1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor in Endgame was fighting Thanos decently, Ragnarok Thor was nearly beaten to death, as shown by the start of Infinity War.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nwname  Moderator

Fat Thor is PRIME Thor

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Yea except you believe thor beats superman because he outclasses him in every category but speed while Jurgens believes it because of the magic weakness, so...

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:

@kalkent: when did anyone say that lmao? 3 MILLION TONS?

Found it... he says "no clue" before giving a random number.

Too bad many hulk boys ran with that random number.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat Thor is the Prime Thor

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

Yea except you believe thor beats superman because he outclasses him in every category but speed while Jurgens believes it because of the magic weakness, so...

Ok, but Jurgens still says that Thor beats Superman. You can't just take part of a quote. Besides, if it was just Jurgens Thor and Jurgens Superman, then I'd agree sure, it's his decision, but he's not the Ultimate Authority on Comic Thor and Superman, meanwhile the Russos are the Ultimate Authority on Thor in Endgame.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Ok, but Jurgens still says that Thor beats Superman. You can't just take part of a quote. Besides, if it was just Jurgens Thor and Jurgens Superman, then I'd agree sure, it's his decision, but he's not the Ultimate Authority on Comic Thor and Superman, meanwhile the Russos are the Ultimate Authority on Thor in Endgame.

Yea but jurgens doesn't say thor would stomp superman like you have. And the russos contradict each other with every single statement, you can't accept what they say as complete fact. And to your earlier point, not knowing anything about comic feats shows that they have no idea about the characters they are directing.