Even though i prefer banner the top dogs are reed and doom

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Either Banner or Reed, though Reed did admit Banner was smarter then him once. I would say going by sheer IQ alone that Banner is probably the smartest of the group.

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sentry4

Reed is the smartest, but also the most useless.

http://longawkwardpause.com/2014/05/09/why-reed-richards-of-the-fantastic-four-is-the-biggest-dick-ever/

Doom is second to him and actually uses it well despite being a jobber.

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentry4: How dare you speak of Doom in that disrespectful manner.

Reed is probably smartest here but Banner could do the most with his intelligence

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. strange via his time and magic knowledge potentially.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Kokemabb200
thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedailybagel  Online

Banner already outsmarted everyone here, including people like doom, scientist supreme hank pym and has even created a code that extremis enhanced tony couldnt hack. By feats reed is probably the smartest in terms of inventions, but it's not that far off seeing as banner has made a robot as tough as classic hulk, simple tazers able to kill wolverine and can incapacitate red hulk, has shields that can tank attacks from a bloodlusted juggernaut and has built a teleporter/time machine that can take him pretty much wherever he wants, when he wants.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: That's a really great list. Definitely agree with Reed-Doom-Pym, I think definitive places after them become pretty ambiguous but the people you have there are all who you'd expect to see of the earthbound geniuses.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed Richards

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reed Richards' knowledge of science = Dr. Strange's Knowledge of Magic

Just in regards to Science, it's Reed > Banner > Stark > Strange

Shameless plug. check out this list: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/kokemabb200/lists/smartest-characters-marvel-sciences/58557/

Smartest Characters Marvel [Sciences]

1. Mr. Fantastic
2. Doctor Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Black Panther
5. Hulk
6. Kang
7. Iron Man
8. Leader
9. High Evolutionary
10. Valeria Richards
11. Beast
12. Amadeus Cho
13. Blue Marvel
14. Spider-Man
15. Mad Thinker

I'm sorry but if I see a list that says smartest and Hank Pym is not number 1, it's wrong.

-yify

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banner

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yify said:
@kokemabb200 said:

Shameless plug. check out this list: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/kokemabb200/lists/smartest-characters-marvel-sciences/58557/

1. Mr. Fantastic
2. Doctor Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Black Panther
5. Hulk
6. Kang
7. Iron Man
8. Leader
9. High Evolutionary
10. Valeria Richards
11. Beast
12. Amadeus Cho
13. Blue Marvel
14. Spider-Man
15. Mad Thinker

I'm sorry but if I see a list that says smartest and Hank Pym is not number 1, it's wrong.

I'm not sure what your point of reference is:

Reed is easily above Hank in intelligence.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Banner is currently the "smartest" in his Doc Green Hulk form due to Extremis enhancing his intelligence. It made him exponentially more intelligent it seems which should probably catapult him to the top of the list (though the intelligence boost is fading).

Otherwise, I think Reed is the most functionally intelligent. Had The Council of Reeds not been wrecked by The Mad Celestials they could have literally solved everything.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kokemabb200

@nothingclever:I didn't know Extremis made him much smarter? I thought it just made Hulk as smart as Banner typically is.

He didn't do anything to show he couldn't do anything Bruce could already do, he was just a lot more brash.

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By YIFY

@yify said:
@kokemabb200 said:

1. Mr. Fantastic
2. Doctor Doom
3. Hank Pym
4. Black Panther
5. Hulk
6. Kang
7. Iron Man
8. Leader
9. High Evolutionary
10. Valeria Richards
11. Beast
12. Amadeus Cho
13. Blue Marvel
14. Spider-Man
15. Mad Thinker

I'm not sure what your point of reference is:

Reed is easily above Hank in intelligence.

Yeah the 1st scan is basically a d!ck measuring contest, nothing here....moving on.

Yeah did you even read the 2nd? "YOU ARE THE ONE THAT TAKES SCIENCE TO THE VERY POINT OF MAGIC--FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THAT YOU CAN"

3rd scan is Reed saying "YOU ARE THE FOREMOST BIOCHEMIST ON EARTH"

the most important moment for Hank Pym came when he was declared the Scientist Supreme by the extra-dimensional entity, Eternity. Hank was given the position over other minds such as Richards, Stark and Doom because he approached science as a means of making the impossible possible, rather than just a tool for exploration or engineering.

Yeah and to finish this off.

Pym Particles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything Reed has done.

-yify

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kingant27

They are all near as good as each other, just in different ways.

@yify: Pym Particles are hardly better than anything Reed has done, and they use there intelligence different.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: When Bruce is first injected with Extremis it is speculated that it healed his brain damage and improved his intelligence. He then later coded Doc Green to be a super intelligent Hulk.

His intelligence increase as Banner or Doc Green was never really substantiated as yes, I agree, many of his feats as Doc Green seem well within the range of what Banner, especially in the "Indestructible Hulk" did or could do. Perhaps Doc Green was just willing to use his intelligence proactively. Although, him "curing" other Hulks is at least symbolically valuable as a representation of his intelligence level vs. normal Banner or anyone else on the above posted lists. Nobody else had a cure for Hulkism. Lol.

@yify You don't think that "The Bridge" that Reed invented which allows travel through the multiverse as well a view of future events is a wee bit better than Pym Particles? Or a spaceship that can survive the destruction of a universe? Or futuristic weaponry that can repel Celestials? Are Pym Particles a lot more useful than I currently understand them to be? Serious question.

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: When Bruce is first injected with Extremis it is speculated that it healed his brain damage and improved his intelligence. He then later coded Doc Green to be a super intelligent Hulk.

His intelligence increase as Banner or Doc Green was never really substantiated as yes, I agree, many of his feats as Doc Green seem well within the range of what Banner, especially in the "Indestructible Hulk" did or could do. Perhaps Doc Green was just willing to use his intelligence proactively. Although, him "curing" other Hulks is at least symbolically valuable as a representation of his intelligence level vs. normal Banner or anyone else on the above posted lists. Nobody else had a cure for Hulkism. Lol.

@yify You don't think that "The Bridge" that Reed invented which allows travel through the multiverse as well a view of future events is a wee bit better than Pym Particles? Or a spaceship that can survive the destruction of a universe? Or futuristic weaponry that can repel Celestials? Are Pym Particles a lot more useful than I currently understand them to be? Serious question.

They allow him to do this.

No Caption Provided

Nuff said.

-yify

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yify: That's a cool feat but... I still think Reed has him beat. Expanding beyond the universe perceivable by humans just doesn't seem that great in terms of comic book super science. He didn't become an Abstract he just hung out in the same space as them. Heck, his recent feats observing and surviving the mutiversal battle of the Ivory Kings vs. The Living Tribunal/Abstracts/All Celestials/the multiverse itself seems better. Being so small as to be unfazed by multiversal destruction trumps just hangin' out with Abstracts. Lol.

I do appreciate the info though, didn't know Pym could do that. I still think Reed wins.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kokemabb200

Yeah the 1st scan is basically a d!ck measuring contest, nothing here....moving on.

You're just disregarding the scan because it's a dick measuring contest? Hank Pym doesn't deny it, and there's nothing provided to say Reed was lying. Unless you can pull a scan of Hank or anyone disproving him

Yeah did you even read the 2nd? "YOU ARE THE ONE THAT TAKES SCIENCE TO THE VERY POINT OF MAGIC--FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THAT YOU CAN

After explicitly saying REED IS SMARTER! Don't just gloss over that. Eternity Explicitly says Reed is more intelligent, but Hank is the more creative one. Hank uses his knowledge in ways that are unique and that typically wouldn't be explored

3rd scan is Reed saying "YOU ARE THE FOREMOST BIOCHEMIST ON EARTH"

AND that it would only take him weeks to be as knowledgeable in a field Hank has spent his life studying in. It's Reed basically saying he could have his title if he wanted it. Hank himself says Reed is smarter than him. Everyone in Marvel has a specialty. Beast is the foremost geneticist on the Planet, Tony is the Foremost Engineer, and Banner is the foremost expert on radiation. Biochemistry is just Hank's field.

Pym Particles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything Reed has done.

Not sure how you're judging that, or what that's based off. Hank discovered Pym Particles, not created them. Reed has discovered far more fantastical things. Eternity even says discovery is Reed's shtick! --Hank just beat him to the punch. And discovering something doesn't make you the most knowledgeable regarding it. The first person to discover electricity never considered (or imagined) its applications. And according to the scan (that you're willfully disregarding), Reed knows more about Pym Particles than Hank.

It's cool that you like Pym, I like the character too. But there are numerous instances in the comics that say Reed is the Smartest. So far your arguments have just been centered around conjecture and purposeful ignorance of printed scans. So unless you can provide a scan where someone says "Hank is definitively smarter than Reed". Then you're wrong.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kokemabb200

@nothingclever said:

@yify: That's a cool feat but... I still think Reed has him beat. Expanding beyond the universe perceivable by humans just doesn't seem that great in terms of comic book super science. He didn't become an Abstract he just hung out in the same space as them. Heck, his recent feats observing and surviving the mutiversal battle of the Ivory Kings vs. The Living Tribunal/Abstracts/All Celestials/the multiverse itself seems better. Being so small as to be unfazed by multiversal destruction trumps just hangin' out with Abstracts. Lol.

I do appreciate the info though, didn't know Pym could do that. I still think Reed wins.

Pym particles are great. But Hank didn't create them, he just uses them. I don't think he has created anything comparable to Reed as of yet.

When Bruce is first injected with Extremis it is speculated that it healed his brain damage and improved his intelligence. He then later coded Doc Green to be a super intelligent Hulk.

Thanks, I must've glossed over that. I think everything he accomplished could have been done by Banner, so I didn't really register the bump in intelligence. If he could find a way to cure himself, I think that would've been a lot more significant. I don't think Banner has ever attempted to cure other Hulks before, but I could be wrong. --I thought his run in "Indestructibe" was impressive.

Funny fact, Spider-Man knows how to kill Hulk :P

IMO, all those seem far superior.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Parker

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kgb725: No disrespect to Doom, just his writers for coming up with PIS/WIS to beat him. He should really never lose to anyone except maybe Kang or Reed if he were The Maker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastical lmao

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NeonGameWave

Banner would be the most logical answer but probably not the best one overall, I think Reed is ahead of him especially when it comes down to what both managed to accomplish in their lifetimes.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Banner would be the most logical answer but probably not the best one overall, I think Reed is ahead of him especially when it comes down to what both managed to accomplish in their lifetimes.

That seems to be quite unfair considering all the characters involved here have had a lot more time to develop creations whereas Banner was too busy saving the world as a Green Behemoth.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By Claymore1998

Who is smarter is not a cut and dry subject as people seem to be thinking. "Smartness" by definition is an abstract notion which by definition can't always be ranked in a particular order specially against peers.

That being said the title of world's smartest has normally been deign to Reed Richards. How much would the title count, I am unsure.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Banner is a close second, tied with Stark.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reed

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed Richards. Everyone else is battling for second.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt said:

I would say Banner is a close second, tied with Stark.

I love the respect for Banner here. Almost everyone I talk to gloss over the fact that he's easily a top 5 genius.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Noone301994

God I hate the wanking of Banner's intelligence. The sad thing is even the writers have been doing it in recent years. And they don't even do it by showing Banner do clever stuff or make him look really smart in his own rite. Instead, they just show him getting complimented by other smart heroes or show him intellectually owning other smart heroes through some bad writing or plot device. "Richards has admitted that Banner is smarter" Christ... Based on what?

And then the fans... Ugh.. "Imagine if he hadn't turned into the Hulk! Herp derp. His intelligence feats would even dwarf Richards'!" Right.. Keep telling yourselves that... I doubt even his best feat of intellect comes close to what Stark, Pym, Doom, or Richards can casually come up with.

Of the people mentioned in the title, here's my list in order:

Richards

Doom (can't exclude him)

Stark

Pym (or him)

Banner

Stephen

Zerdn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really depends on what you consider smart, and if smart = intelligent to you, also meaning what you understand to be intelligence.

I personally see intelligence as the multilayered process of apprehending large amounts of information fast and devising a plan that is both efficient and effective to respond to the situation at hand. The success of processes are usually a mix of intelligence + discipline (executing the plan without hick-ups and distractions) + perseverance (not giving up and being willing to reapprehend information once you fail, and trying to fix the previous mistakes).

Meaning, that taking out discipline and perseverance, the smartest would be who can understand better situations and come up with theories to explain them and fix them.

In that regard, Pym single-handedly understood a whole new phenomenon of particle physics and shortly after discovering it, also devised a way to manipulate them for his use. I am unaware if Banner's breakthroughs with gamma radiation are that significant, but he's certainly a recognised authority and he should be greatly considered. I am unfamiliar with Richards' technical feats but his plans to consistently be able to face Doom's plans in spite of having severe disadvantages in 1-on-1 combat speaks highly of him. Finding a way to depower Surfer's board is really no small feat, nor is being able to understand quite rapidly the dimension of the threat Galactus represented, and even devising a way to counter him.

I'd say the least impressive is Stark really. I'm not sure if he even invented the Arc reactor tech (that'd be a real plus to him) or if he simply learnt it from his father. For the rest, his accomplishments are more about accumulative engineering than real discovery or qualitative leaps, and he's never been a real breakthrough strategist.

Doom is hard to judge since a significant portion of his capabilities are also magic, which is something that is not about cerebral power, but rather spiritual attunement (although spiritual depth is also a form of intelligence in its way). But the strategic placing of Doombots (themselves a real marvel of engineering with no parallel in their complexity), the way to seize powers from entities such as Silver Surfer and Beyonder, really is something else.

To be honest, the list the other poster added is quite good. I can't say I really think Richards is smarter than Doom, after all both of them have beaten each other in different challenges (only Doom was able to find a way to save Sue while giving birth after all), but I'd place both of them high regardless of position. Pym and his discoveries are nothing short of incredible, yet he seems to take long periods of time to utilize them, so he should come third. Why T'challa is above Banner, I'm not sure. He is certainly capable of outsmarting Stark, and he seems to understand better than anyone vibranium, but again, I'd agree they are numbers 4-5.

To sum-up, the list is good as it is when it comes to common sense-information processing-ingenuity.

If we add in spiritual and theological understanding, it will easily be Doom as number 1, with Strange as number 2.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the list, Reed Richards.

SirDmanIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed Richards is the smartest overall and in general "science", but Tony Stark is smarter in technology/engineering, Banner in the field of gamma radiation, and Dr Strange obviously in the field of mystic arts. Everyone has their specialty.

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have to give it to Reed

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To sum-up, the list is good as it is when it comes to common sense-information processing-ingenuity.

If we add in spiritual and theological understanding, it will easily be Doom as number 1, with Strange as number 2.

Pretty perfectly summed up

It's why I lean towards Doom for smartest overall since he is second overall in both science and magic so he has a more layered knowledge base.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed is the smartest in this list. But I think Doom is smarter than him.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Reed.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdmanio: Doom is possibly ahead of Strange in magic

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Stark above Pym and Banner ? Your point is invalid. Banner has shut down Doom's armor while simultaneously out smarting him. Made a catalytic converter that Tony could only theorize. He has plenty of feats but you only look at statements smh

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, all those seem far superior.

Aside from his insect-themed and Pym Particle-oriented discoveries, Hank has made many other considerable scientific achievements;

• Hank created the Infinite Avengers Mansion; a headquarters capable of transporting any being from one place to another, regardless of current position.
  • In addition to the Mansions' spatial transporting abilities, it also acts as a way of maintaining the molecular integrity of Jan, who exists in alternate space. Hank used the mansion to work towards resurrecting Jan after her death during the Skrull Invasion.
  • Hank has developed Holographic Technology capable of fooling the Security of the Baxter Building and the sensors of Ultron.
  • He created an alternate reality for deceased individual's consciousness to dwell in that simulated a perfect existence for them. Effectively creating "Heaven" for his friend Bill Foster.
  • Oh yeah. He also created Ultron.

I'm in a rush at the moment so I only posted the ones that were at the top of my head, but when I've settled down i'll post more.

-yify

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed Richards.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thedailybagel  Online

@noone301994: so somehow banner consistently outsmarting pretty much any other genius whenever he gets the chance is "bad writing" despite that being backed by feats he's done on his own and the other geniuses saying banner isn't one to mess with?

Banner has pretty much the most hax tech ever in the gamma dome, which in a theoretical fight could shut down pretty much any suit stark brings, his Adamantium sentinels and his planet destroying doomsday weapon all at once just by banner flicking a switch, or a suit of armour (remind you of someone?) capable of stalemating Classic hulk and theorised as a bigger threat than hulk was. Combined with shielding that honestly makes Starks suits look like tin cans and you start to see he has feats of his own. Among other things he created a teleporter/time machine (like every other genius) and even has a tazer that can kill wolverine on a lower setting and keep Rulk down on a higher one, not to mention it even affects intangible enemy's.

But despite all lf that, banner turning doom into a brain damaged moron for months, outsmarting extremis enhanced tony twice as well as every other genius multiple times is bad writing? Despite near enough no low showings of his own?

Sure bud.