• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for avengersasssemb
Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) 30 days, 13 hours ago

Poll: Who withstood the Browning M2 better: Superman or Hulk (45 votes)

Hulk 71%
Superman 29%

Hulk withstanding the Browning M2:

Hulk
Hulk

Superman withstanding the Browning M2:

Superman
Superman

The BVS DVD commentary said, that to Superman, the bullets felt like being "hit by base-balls at 60 mph", which suggests that they were hurting him (which is likely considering he is being pushed by, whereas the Hulk was not). Hulk actually withstood the Browning M2 without actually having to defend himself. It seems that his damage soak (at least in this scenario) is greater than Superman's.

Citations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpWxn7dUq_g

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Batman_v_Superman:_Dawn_of_Justice

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Incredible_Hulk,_The_(2008)

#1 Posted by TakenStew22 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#2 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

So Hulk is more durable than Superman...

Thanos > Thor > Hulk > Superman > Wonder-Woman > Everybody else

Is my new chain.

#3 Edited by Alanminler (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk not pain from ammo / Superman pain from ammo.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#4 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Why ask a question then answer it?

Hulk obviously watching those gifs

#6 Posted by Amendment50 (15427 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by KanyeCosby (7062 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this is an obvious bait thread, might as well just play along.

Here Hulk gets hurt by puny handguns.

No Caption Provided

Here is Superman under the much more powerful world engine.

Loading Video...

Here Hulk gets hurt by a little grenade launcher.

No Caption Provided

Here is how Superman handles much stronger explosions.

No Caption Provided

Case closed. MCU Hulk is fodder trash in comparison to DCEU Superman.

#8 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby

Nothing suggests that he was hurt by that.

That is unquantifiable, so it doesn't really matter.

He was shot in the back, and it moved him a little, but nothing said that it damaged him.

Piercing damage is much different than explosive-damage.

Would you care to defend that in a Challenge-A-Viner? I'll even give you the advantage and use Iron-Man from Infinity War, and go up against Superman from Man of Steel.

#9 Edited by BOC (1229 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: Would you be interested in redoing our CaV? Since we are both fairly new I think it was clear in the CaV that it was not well formatted. We can do an Opener, Counter, Close (or something like that). Unless you want to just continue.

#10 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

@avengersasssemb: Would you be interested in redoing our CaV? Since we are both fairly new I think it was clear in the CaV that it was not well formatted. We can do an Opener, Counter, Close (or something like that). Unless you want to just continue.

Iron-Man vs Superman? (Pre-Justice League)?

#11 Edited by Alanminler (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: or Hulk stop leviathan and Superman being crushed by a train.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Hulk punching vibranium and Superman speed blitz armor batman by no have damage.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hulk lose thanos in skill h2h and Superman lose batman in skill h2h in equal statistics

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who Better skill h2h of Thanos or Batman ?

@boc: Ironman mark 3 get shot by F-22 Raptor and tank Do not need Mark 50 IW.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by BOC (1229 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

I'm referring to our current CaV (WW vs IW Iron Man). Just redoing it with better formatting in order to get more votes.

#13 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@avengersasssemb said:
@boc said:

I'm referring to our current CaV (WW vs IW Iron Man). Just redoing it with better formatting in order to get more votes.

Oh. I typed my response but my browser crashed. I'm too lazy to retype it all. Just open it for votes and let's do Iron-Man vs Superman

#14 Posted by BOC (1229 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@avengersasssemb said:
@boc said:

Oh. I typed my response but my browser crashed. I'm too lazy to retype it all. Just open it for votes and let's do Iron-Man vs Superman

I haven't seen BvS or MoS in a while. So I don't think I would be the best person to represent him.

#15 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@avengersasssemb said:
@boc said:
@avengersasssemb said:
@boc said:

I haven't seen BvS or MoS in a while. So I don't think I would be the best person to represent him.

Didn't seem like many people were interested in it anyway, Lol.

#16 Posted by BOC (1229 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@avengersasssemb said:
@boc said:
@avengersasssemb said:
@boc said:

Didn't seem like many people were interested in it anyway, Lol.

Well I might be interested. Pre-JL Superman vs IW Iron Man? We'd have to format it better this time, lol. Pm me.

#18 Posted by Supermanthor (18928 posts) - - Show Bio

tie

#19 Posted by Nucleon (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

By the gods - They're peers !!!

#20 Posted by KanyeCosby (7062 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb said:

@kanyecosby

Nothing suggests that he was hurt by that.

That is unquantifiable, so it doesn't really matter.

He was shot in the back, and it moved him a little, but nothing said that it damaged him.

Piercing damage is much different than explosive-damage.

Would you care to defend that in a Challenge-A-Viner? I'll even give you the advantage and use Iron-Man from Infinity War, and go up against Superman from Man of Steel.

Except Hull clearly grunts in pain from being shot by the grenade launcher.

Loading Video...

Meanwhile, Superman never grunts in pain from the gunfire.

Loading Video...

If being hits by those bullets really felt like getting hit by baseballs moving at 60mph, he would be screaming in agony, not just simply being pushed back. The only reason he was even pushed back in the first place was because he wasn’t expecting it and he only weighs about 200 pounds. Hulk weighs a lot more than Superman, so it makes sense that Superman would be pushed back more.

When Superman was ready, he wasn’t even flinching from the bullets.

No Caption Provided

The world engine was destroying the surrounding landscape around Superman, so we know that it’s at least stronger than a grenade launcher.

By the way, if piercing damage is much different than other types of damage like explosions why would you use this one showing of Superman being moved by bullets to show why Hulk’s durability in general is better than Superman? At best, this shows that Hulk is better in terms of piercing damage, but in terms of overall durability, Superman is superior by a massive margin.

Btw, I don’t think Hulk is actually grenade level in durability. My first post was kind of trolling and I was just making the point that using two characters‘ lower end durability and compariby them instead of looking at their overall showings isn’t really a fair way to compare them.

I might be willing to do a CaV with Post JL Superman and a MCU character in the future, but I I think I might be too busy with school to devote a lot of my time to do a well done CaV.

#21 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

We have to consider Superman is lighter and wasn’t moving, while Hulk is heavier and running forward, so Superman being pushed back doesn’t really prove anything. Both can’t be harmed by the bullets.

#22 Posted by KingLouie (3368 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read Hulk was Fodder trash. Yikes.

Hulk has withstood and no sold firepower stronger than showed in op.

#23 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

We have to consider Superman is lighter and wasn’t moving, while Hulk is heavier and running forward, so Superman being pushed back doesn’t really prove anything. Both can’t be harmed by the bullets.

Superman was trying to hold his ground but he was overwhelmed while Hulk was not.

#24 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Hulk have durable than superman look from Gifs.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#25 Edited by EternalDarkFury (905 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this is an obvious bait thread, might as well just play along.

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yet Superman got stunned by this..........

Loading Video...

#26 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss said:

Superman was trying to hold his ground but he was overwhelmed while Hulk was not.

It doesn't matter how strong you are, if you are light and have nothing to hold on to, you will be pushed back. Even if you were 1,000 times stronger than a regular human, if you weighed 150 lbs, and a human with regular strength of 300 lbs walked up and pushed you, you would be pushed back, even though you are 1,000 times stronger.

#27 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss said:

@avengersasssemb said:
@alextheboss said:

It doesn't matter how strong you are, if you are light and have nothing to hold on to, you will be pushed back. Even if you were 1,000 times stronger than a regular human, if you weighed 150 lbs, and a human with regular strength of 300 lbs walked up and pushedyou, you would be pushed back, even though you are 1,000 times stronger.

No Caption Provided

train have weight than Hancock but he not move.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#28 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15875 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman dealt with multiple M2’s and his gif was shortened.

#29 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

train have weight than Hancock but he not move.

Either Hancock thrust himself into the train or used his flight power to push back, or that scene is not realistic.

#30 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: a person 1000 times stonger than a human won't be pushed back if they are bracing, Superman had braced himself when he got pushed back, that's a bad example

Why is anyone entertaining this thread?

#31 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: Unless you have something to grab on to, bracing yourself would not stop you from being pushed back. The only way to do that is if you have some other power keeping you there besides your weight or muscles. For example, if you had a telekinetic barrier or something.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
#32 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't there a thread dedicated to these sort of things?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#33 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11136 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: what was Superman holding on to when that guy in the bar failed to push him?

What was Doomsday holding onto when Superman failed to push him back with a bullrush when they were by his statue?

#35 Posted by SocaJunkie (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a minute “hit by base-balls at 60 mph"

This seems awfully inconsistent with his durability showings and if this was the case then Cavill isn’t selling the pain properly.

#36 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: I not see he fly or attempt push return he just not move look in gif he just tilt the neck superman should = hancock in durability.

he stop stand didn't do anything.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
#37 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (3073 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: None of this is realistic. Someone a thousand times stronger than a regular human could never weigh 200 pounds

#38 Edited by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: what was Superman holding on to when that guy in the bar failed to push him?

What was Doomsday holding onto when Superman failed to push him back with a bullrush when they were by his statue?

Superman has flight, so he should be able to keep himself in place with that power if he wants, but most story writers probably ignore physics like that.

@alextheboss: I not see he fly or attempt push return he just not move look in gif he just tilt the neck superman should = hancock in durability.

he stop stand didn't do anything.

Hancock just tilting his neck could have an extreme amount of force, but bringing up inconsistent physics from another movie doesn't really prove anything. The guy above bringing inconsistencies in the actual superman movie verse makes more sense, because then he can argue that the DCU just ignores physics like that.

@alextheboss: None of this is realistic. Someone a thousand times stronger than a regular human could never weigh 200 pounds

You are right about that.

#39 Posted by APEX_pretador (20276 posts) - - Show Bio

You can empty all the M2 of the planet on them and still won't get an answer

#40 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: so Superman was using flight to not get pushed by a human? And Doomsday? You're using too much headcanon

#41 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: No, pay attention to what I'm writing. I said they are either using flight or some other supernatural power, or the movie is just ignoring real life physics.

#42 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: or they're just so strong they can't be pushed by weaklings

#43 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: Dude, how many times do I have to explain this to you. That’s not physically possible, no matter how physically strong you are. It’s just the movies not following the laws of physics.

#44 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: exactly, in the world of fiction it is, especially in the DCEU since there's multiple examples of that so your assessment isn't relevant here

#46 Posted by KanyeCosby (7062 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie: I was mostly trolling. But in reality, yes, DCEU Superman would curbstomp MCU Hulk in a fight.

#47 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17430 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: But the problem is you are e comparing two different verses that don’t really follow the laws of physics, plus the Hulk is heavier and running towards the bullets. I’m not saying Superman can tank the bullets better, I’m saying that basing their durability off of these two gifs is faulty.

#49 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: But the problem is you are e comparing two different verses that don’t really follow the laws of physics, plus the Hulk is heavier and running towards the bullets. I’m not saying Superman can tank the bullets better, I’m saying that basing their durability off of these two gifs is faulty.

Running toward the bullets would increase the force of impact...

#50 Edited by Cregan_Stark (5177 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk definitely shrugged it off more causally but neither was really “hurt” by it

If you’ve seen the interview where they discuss Snyder’s power level chart, they were pretty definitive.

Large causal rounds might string but no real damage

ROG might hurt but no real lasting damage

Missile can’t KO a kryptonian but they will recover quickly

Nuke could kill one.