Who is the strongest character Carnage can beat?

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jueix

The title aptly describes the thread.

Who is the strongest, most powerful character Carnage can defeat in a fight to the death?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Doomsday

Fight me

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rihanna.......

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kal-elol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people who don't have super durability, extremely heightened reflexes/speed or some ability to keep him at a distance, get cut to pieces pretty quickly.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man and Venom, I guess? Definitely not a creative answer, but it's a good question to ask.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon or Midnighter maybe ?

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not Alex Mercer

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wrecking crew. I think he could slaughter them all. Thing/any brick without a hf if he used the smybiote to suffocate them or impale from inside out. Corvis Glave as long as he keeps him from his weapon. He could kill a majority of the Avengers.

Avatar image for maximusprime223
MaximusPrime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carnage woud rape wolverine

might beat shehulk i doubt it though

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If it wasn't to the death and possession counted, Silver Surfer.

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: maybe classic but they're kinda weak now and way to slow to ever touch Cletus/Norman (depending if current or not). They used to be decent but they are all dumber than a box of rocks. Plus their physicals are right around his anyway minus speed and agility which he lolstomps.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@leeharalsonjr: In fairness, Thunderball isn't dumb. He's a scientist and the smart one of the group.

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: You're right I forgot about that. Do you know if they are all still sharing power? I remember they all got nerfed for a while but I'm not sure if they're back to reg level. I still think Carnage would win though.

WhatamIseeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mid series Devilman Crybaby Id say hes stronger than those previously mentioned

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter possibly

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Un-preped Batman.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leeharalsonjr: No, they are just as strong as their classic incarnations. Their stats and physicals are hilariously above Carnage. Wrecker has tagged Northstar who is a speedster much faster than Carnage:

This happened in the 90s I believe.

In that very same storyline, they were tanking hits from and hurting Sasquatch who has Thing/Red Hulk level stats.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal-elol said:

Most people who don't have super durability, extremely heightened reflexes/speed or some ability to keep him at a distance, get cut to pieces pretty quickly.

This but as far as heightened reflexes go he can actually go against that somewhat, as he outclasses Spidey heavily.

kal-elol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: Oh I definitely agree, that's why I said extremely heightened reflexes. He's quicker than a lot of people realize.

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@noone1996: I know they're stronger but not that much and catching a speedster is an outlier. Carnage is able to go toe to toe with Luke cage, and toxin, manhandle spidey and venom. Plus he can always take them over and make them kill each other

No Caption Provided
Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leeharalsonjr: Not that much stronger? Really? These guys consistently hurt high tiers like Hercules, Hulk, and Thor. Not to mention Namor, Thing, Colossus, etc. Those are characters WAY more durable than anyone Carnage has ever harmed. Hell, he wouldn't even be able to hurt any of them. Luke Cage is nowhere even remotely comparable to them. He's essentially another Spider-Man level street leveler. Owning him isn't really that impressive. Especially since, ultimately, Carnage still could never pierce his skin (which has been pierced by much less like diamond tipped blades and lasers). Spider-Man and Venom are also just street levelers. They may be higher end ones, but they pale in comparison to the Wrecking Crew. Also, everything that happened in Carnage USA was due to him being amped. I believe he's stronger when he eats more people or something to that effect. He cannot consistently take control of bricks like Thing.

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: He currently sits at around 90 tons strength. That should be more than enough combined with his speed , agility, and tentacles to take down the wrecking crew. Venom has been able to go toe to toe with bricks before without taking much damage, no reason a stronger deadly smybiote shouldnt. Especially since the crew has been taken down by street level before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wrecker

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Midnighter. Most other folks above Midnighter level just be too durable.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Noone1996

@leeharalsonjr: Can you prove that Carnage is a 90 tonner? Carnage doesn't have the offensive output necessary to even hurt the Wrecking Crew. I can prove you wrong just by using Luke Cage written under Bendis as a measuring stick here. With his whimpy 20-25 ton strength, he was able to one-shot Venom with the Wrecker's magically enchanted crowbar:

No Caption Provided

Not the first time he owned Venom under Bendis...

No Caption Provided

Now let's compare how the Wrecker fared against Bendis (written by the same exact writer):

The Wrecker not only no-sold his hit, but he two-shotted him.

Meanwhile, after over 4 pages of poking and hitting Luke Cage, Carnage ultimately couldn't do anything to Luke. Once again, this was written by the same writer. Venom and Carnage are a joke compared to the Wrecker, let alone the entire Wrecking Crew.

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: That's where marvel has him ranked. And showing venom getting wrecked means nothing when carnage regularly wrecks him. Luke cage also put wrecker down with his own crowbar. And like I've said they've been taken down by less

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Toxin stomped them

No Caption Provided

Deadpool and spidey gave them a run

Danny landed unamped blows that staggered them and has repeatedly thrashed them. They are no where near too durable to be hurt by carnage.

Standardized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hal jordan

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus or Thing.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leeharalsonjr: Show me a handbook entry saying he's a class 90. That sounds like total bull. You were the one that brought up Venom and how he fights bricks (as if that's good writing somehow). Carnage may be above Venom, but the gap isn't really that high. Not high enough, at least, to prove that a weaker character with Wrecker's crowbar one-shotting Venom is irrelevant to Cletus. Also, that scan of Deadpool and Spider-Man fighting the Wrecking Crew isn't a good showing for them. Peter and Wade were getting stomped until the Punisher came and saved them with gear from other supervillains. He ultimately used knocking gas to take them down. As for the scan of Iron Fist beating them, that was absolutely horrible writing. Considering the fact that Iron Fist casually stomped them like they were nothing more than street level thugs was just absurd. Iron Fist even managed to somehow break Thunderball's enchanted ball and chain despite not being able to do jack to it back in the day:

This was in the same issue of Iron Fist where he fought the Wrecking Crew and knew he couldn't win.

In fact, he does so horribly that he claims he can barely stand after fighting them, gives up (admits he can't beat them), and then resorts to hoping the Avengers will help him save his girlfriend.

Whoever wrote Iron Fist stomping them knows nothing about these characters.

And yeah, Wrecker has no-sold Iron Fist before as well:

No Caption Provided

Don't even get me started on the horrific writing of Toxin overpowering Wrecker and stomping him and Piledriver all in two pages... Even if you view that as good writing, Piledriver hit Wrecker and Toxin ultimately used the crowbar to take them down. Being forced to resort to using your opponent's weaponry against them doesn't prove that you are above them. Just like how Luke Cage could not possibly have any chance against Wrecker unless he somehow disarmed him and used the crowbar against him. Even at face value, that's only two of them.

They can be jobbers at times, but these guys were given Asgardian enchanted weaponry and power made to be a threat to Thor by Loki. They weren't intended to be street level threats. I know you will probably argue that "those were the classic times, but now they suck". It's not really true because they still have high tier feats in modern comics like fighting Alpha Flight, Hulk, Namor, Iron Man, and even Thor. Carnage and Venom have absolutely no business at all fighting those types of characters, let alone four of them at once.

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LeeHaralsonjr

@noone1996: you can't just ignore all the consistent lower showings cause you think they should be high.class bricks. They have been handled by street level before and if anything it's the rare high showing that is poor writing. And IF has harmed them more than not. They were taken down by cage wolvie fist and JJ. Wrecker has been ko by cap too. Argue toxin winning was pis but that's how I see it happening and frankly carnage can do the same. And just because you have a magic weapon doesn't mean you auto win. And I'll post the handbook scan in a sec.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Noone1996

@leeharalsonjr: Consistent lower showings? Really? I have demonstrated that the few outliers of them fighting street levelers, even though they more often than not fight mid tiers and high tiers like Hulk, Colossus, She-Hulk, Thor, etc., are ALL invalid because some dumb misinformed writers think they are street levelers too. When does Iron Fist "more often than not hurt them"? I just showed two instances where they were basically no-selling him and you showed one where he stomps them easier than the Hulk has. Unless you have more, Iron Fist doesn't hurt them more often than not. Cage only won due to using Wrecker's crowbar against him and had backup from teammates which took the Wrecker's full attention away from Cage giving him an advantage. The Wrecker ALONE took down a roster of Avengers which included Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Spider Woman at the same time. If not for her pheromones to distract him and give her teammates time to recover (since he casually KO'd all of them by himself), he would have gotten away or killed them. Cap has only "KO'd" a weakened Wrecker that was not only fighting off Iron Fist and Captain America at the same time, but who was taking a beating from the Avengers training program which was set on Thor's power level setting. What YOU are doing is lowballing and I'm pretty sure I can post WAY more instances of them performing at mid/high tiers than you can of them operating at street level.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By acebomb98