Who is more durable MCU Hulk or DCEU Superman: Sonic Guns

• 67 results
KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is more durable MCU Hulk or DCEU Superman: Sonic Guns (66 votes)

Hulk 48%
Superman 52%

Hulk

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1. The ripples in the air were way larger and more powerful.
  2. Despite standing a ways away, Blonksy covers his ears because the sound is so powerful.

Superman

No Caption Provided

1. The ripples in the air are way smaller and less intense.
  2. The writers state that this was painful to Superman.
  3. Batman can stand nearby and doesn't have the same reaction Blonsky does.

IMO: Hulk tanked a more powerful sound-wave.

• 
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try harder.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Try harder.

Hulk withstood the 50-cal better than Superman, and it seems that he withstood a stronger sound-wave as well.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

You literally answered your own question.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for more voters.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard somewhere that Batman’s sound cannons were given an official decibel value that is way, way above what one would expect.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

I heard somewhere that Batman’s sound cannons were given an official decibel value that is way, way above what one would expect.

Yet Batman can stand nearby completely unphazed while Blonsky could not. This leads one to conclude that the soundwaves that subdued the Hulk were more powerful.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: 300 dB as opposed to 140 dB(I think) that Hulk took.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

There is no evidence to show that it was 140 dB.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Im going to reserve my vote.

I do have a bit of a issue with the consistency of this video below. Its the one where people get the 300 decibel power of the BVS sonic cannon. I think its official but it also says a 50 cal machine gun feels like being hit by baseballs at 60mph.

Loading Video...

How can we accept that the sonics were 300 db, but not accept that MOS/BVS Superman can be hurt by a 50 cal??

Here is the only thing I can find about the MCU Stark Sonic Cannon used against the Hulk. The blue prints don't make a decibel claim, but may help in comparing the size of the cannons.

No Caption Provided

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Hulk's Thunderclap alone produces a dB-rating of 219. You're arguing that a dB of 140 is going to hurt him? Lol, get outta' here.

Loading Video...

Zaggran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy with superhearing is more vulnerable to sound-based attacks? The HELL you say!

The sun is hot? The hell you say!

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to reserve my vote.

I do have a bit of a issue with the consistency of this video below. Its the one where people get the 300 decibel power of the BVS sonic cannon. I think its official but it also says a 50 cal machine gun feels like being hit by baseballs at 60mph.

Loading Video...

How can we accept that the sonics were 300 db, but not accept that MOS/BVS Superman can be hurt by a 50 cal??

Here is the only thing I can find about the MCU Stark Sonic Cannon used against the Hulk. The blue prints don't make a decibel claim, but may help in comparing the size of the cannons.

No Caption Provided

Superman was hurt by both of them actually.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

what a dumbass thread

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

what a dumbass thread

Flagged. If you have nothing to contribute to the disccusion, please refrain from posting.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

This isn't a battle.

Superman was hurt because he has superhearing. Thats like standing in next to tweeters turned all the way up hooked to a 4000watt Amp and not expecting to be hurt. Lmao. Batman specifically utilized Weaknesses that he knew Superman had in that fight, clearly.

Superman survived a Nuke point blank. Thats more than anything Hulk has ever withstood, except MAYBE the Snap but thats unquantifiable since it easily killed Tony and did no damage to Thanos.

@jashugan said:

what a dumbass thread

This.

@keyfirstnaten said:

Flagged. If you have nothing to contribute to the disccusion, please refrain from posting.

The only thing getting flagged here is this thread, because it isn't a battle.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is fodder Superman is better in every way

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't a battle.

Superman was hurt because he has superhearing. Thats like standing in next to tweeters turned all the way up hooked to a 4000watt Amp and not expecting to be hurt. Lmao. Batman specifically utilized Weaknesses that he knew Superman had in that fight, clearly.

Superman survived a Nuke point blank. Thats more than anything Hulk has ever withstood, except MAYBE the Snap but thats unquantifiable since it easily killed Tony and did no damage to Thanos.

@jashugan said:

what a dumbass thread

This.

@keyfirstnaten said:

The only thing getting flagged here is this thread, because it isn't a battle.

The bomb struck Doomsday, who absorbed the energy from the explosion, rendering that highlighted part moot.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@keyfirstnaten said:

The bomb struck Doomsday, who absorbed the energy from the explosion, rendering that highlighted part moot.

LOL

Loading Video...

Doomsday doesn't "Absorb" anything. He gets hit By a Nuke and lives. He then falls from Orbit and lives. Then he Evolves from those two events. Superman was inches away from that Blast. That doesn't mean he didn't get hit by the Nuke, it means he was within inches of its explosion.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten said:

LOL

Loading Video...

Doomsday doesn't "Absorb" anything. He gets hit By a Nuke and lives. He then falls from Orbit and lives. Then he Evolves from those two events. Superman was inches away from that Blast. That doesn't mean he didn't get hit by the Nuke, it means he was within inches of its explosion.

Doomsday absorbs any form of energy when he is struck by it. Such as:

1. Superman's punches,
  2. Wonder-Woman's sword,
  3. Hitting the ground at reentry,
  4. The nuclear explosion that struck him and not Superman,

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Jesus Christ is this a reach....

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@keyfirstnaten: You just gonna ignore my other arguments, huh..?

Convenient.

@keyfirstnaten said:

Doomsday absorbs any form of energy when he is struck by it

Factually Untrue. Doomsday only absorbs Kinetic Energy.
  1. Punches are Kinetic Energy
  2. Sword-Slices are Kinetic Energy
  3. Hitting the Ground of ReEntry is Kinetic Energy
  4. Im not talking about Kinetic Energy, I am talking about the 100,000,273.15 Kelvin Fireball created by the Nuclear Warhead.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten:

Doomsday absorbs any form of energy when he is struck by it.

He doesn't, nor does he absorb all 100% of energy or else no one would move him by punching him.

1. The nuclear explosion that struck him and not Superman,

Are you dumb? A nuclear bomb explodes on contact and is an omni directional explosion. Superman would be hit by the explosion because the bomb targeted him and doomsday. It's virtually impossible, a NLF, and a lie that Doomsday absorb all or any significant amount of the energy from the nuke given how small he is in comparison to the bomb's explosion.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@keyfirstnaten:

Doomsday absorbs any form of energy when he is struck by it.

He doesn't, nor does he absorb all 100% of energy or else no one would move him by punching him.

I can agree with you here.

1. The nuclear explosion that struck him and not Superman,

Are you dumb? A nuclear bomb explodes on contact and is an omni directional explosion. Superman would be hit by the explosion because the bomb targeted him and doomsday. It's virtually impossible, a NLF, and a lie that Doomsday absorb all or any significant amount of the energy from the nuke given how small he is in comparison to the bomb's explosion.

Nukes don't have a blast radius in space so you'd only be taking the heat and radiation, rendering your argument moot.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten:

Nukes don't have a blast radius in space so you'd only be taking the heat and radiation, rendering your argument moot.

It's well known that nukes in space are less effective since there's no atmosphere to absorb the high-energy radiation and convert it into a heat and a shockwave. Surviving a nuke at point-blank is still a ludicrous durability feat though, and at point blank it's not that much different from being in atmosphere or in space.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten: You just gonna ignore my other arguments, huh..?

Convenient.

@keyfirstnaten said:

Doomsday absorbs any form of energy when he is struck by it

Factually Untrue. Doomsday only absorbs Kinetic Energy.
  1. Punches are Kinetic Energy
  2. Sword-Slices are Kinetic Energy
  3. Hitting the Ground of ReEntry is Kinetic Energy
  4. Im not talking about Kinetic Energy, I am talking about the 100,000,273.15 Kelvin Fireball created by the Nuclear Warhead.
No Caption Provided

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Hulk is tougher, stronger than DCEU Superman.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@keyfirstnaten:

It's well known that nukes in space are less effective since there's no atmosphere to absorb the high-energy radiation and convert it into a heat and a shockwave. Surviving a nuke at point-blank is still a ludicrous durability feat though, and at point blank it's not that much different from being in atmosphere or in space.

First of all, since there is no atmosphere in space, there is no iconic mushroom cloud, nor a blast wave (which is where most of the damage of a nuclear bomb comes from on Earth). Instead, there is an intense outpouring of not only heat and light, but high-intensity radiation in the form of gamma rays and X-rays, with no atmosphere to interrupt their path. So no, you're wrong again.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten:at point blank it's not that much different from being in atmosphere or in space.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KeyFirstnaten

@jashugan said:

@keyfirstnaten:at point blank it's not that much different from being in atmosphere or in space.

The blast wave is harmful especially when one is very close to the center or at a location of constructive interference, but with no blast wave most of the damage from the nuclear bomb would be gone. This is how Superman was able to survive, but he looked the way he did because of the radiation the explosion emitted.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

I'm not sure the purpose of that Gif. He is clearly absorbing the Kinetic Energy. You do know that explosions have Kinetic Energy, right..?

At 1:40 in this Video, that exact scene plays out in a much higher quality and frame rate:

Loading Video...

You can slow it down if you want. Doomsday absorbs Kinetic Energy. Nothing more, nothing less.

First of all, since there is no atmosphere in space, there is no iconic mushroom cloud, nor a blast wave (which is where most of the damage of a nuclear bomb comes from on Earth). Instead, there is an intense outpouring of not only heat and light, but high-intensity radiation in the form of gamma rays and X-rays, with no atmosphere to interrupt their path.

Which is why I stated that Superman survived a 100,000,273.15 Kelvin Fireball

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure the purpose of that Gif. He is clearly absorbing the Kinetic Energy. You do know that explosions have Kinetic Energy, right..?

At 1:40 in this Video, that exact scene plays out in a much higher quality and frame rate:

Doomsday is adapting to those explosions, not the kinetic energy from them.

Loading Video...

You can slow it down if you want. Doomsday absorbs Kinetic Energy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Doomsday's cells, like those of any Kryptonian, are capable of absorbing multiple kinds of energy, for both sustenance and enhancement, with Wonder Woman remarking that the monster feeds on it. She says energy, not only kinetic energy. He absorbs all forms of energy.

Having absorbed a considerable amount of energy, Doomsday is induced to mutate and increase in power, with him notably growing bony protrusions and growing in size after surviving a gigantic megaton nuclear blast and absorbing the nuclear energy of it, along with the kinetic energy of his colossally high fall from outer space.

@keyfirstnaten said:

First of all, since there is no atmosphere in space, there is no iconic mushroom cloud, nor a blast wave (which is where most of the damage of a nuclear bomb comes from on Earth). Instead, there is an intense outpouring of not only heat and light, but high-intensity radiation in the form of gamma rays and X-rays, with no atmosphere to interrupt their path.

Which is why I stated that Superman survived a 100,000,273.15 Kelvin Fireball

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten: all the pressure, energy and force is still there from being point blank.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@keyfirstnaten said:

Doomsday's cells, like those of any Kryptonian, are capable of absorbing multiple kinds of energy, for both sustenance and enhancement=

This is you're best argument.. Your best argument is "Hes Kryptonian therefor he absorbs all types of Energy in the form of radiation" even though we clearly see a fireball in the sky immediately after the explosion. Even if he absorbs the Energy, its not like Superman didn't get hit by that energy. There is clearly a visible fireball for Minutes. If he absorbs all forms of energy then why is it that Superman got damaged/hurt at all..? Why get in a Beam-Struggle With Superman? Why not just absorb the Energy and grow even stronger? Lol

@keyfirstnaten said:

with Wonder Woman remarking that the monster feeds on it. She says energy, not only kinetic energy. He absorbs all forms of energy.

Really?? Because it doesn't say "Kinetic Energy" in her script I guess we are assuming, even when we are literally shown otherwise.

I was going to continue dismantling your argument but then I realized that you have nothing that shows Hulk is even 1/10th as durable as either of these characters soo, lol.

Darkshineboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Darkshineboi

Hulks sonics scene seems more impressive.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon

This is you're best argument.. Your best argument is "Hes Kryptonian therefor he absorbs all types of Energy in the form of radiation" even though we clearly see a fireball in the sky immediately after the explosion.

It's an omnidirectional explosion. His body would absorb all the energy directed toward him and not away from him.

Even if he absorbs the Energy, its not like Superman didn't get hit by that energy. There is clearly a visible fireball for Minutes. If he absorbs all forms of energy then why is it that Superman got damaged/hurt at all..?

Superman's body absorbed as much radiation as it could, that's why he looked the way that he did.

Why get in a Beam-Struggle With Superman? Why not just absorb the Energy and grow even stronger? Lol

He wants to show himself as Superman's superior, which he does by defeating him on even-ground:

No Caption Provided

Really?? Because it doesn't say "Kinetic Energy" in her script I guess we are assuming, even when we are literally shown otherwise.

If she said "This creature absorbs kinetic-energy," you would have a point, but she doesn't. Her statement is all-inclusive, rendering your argument invalid.

I was going to continue dismantling your argumen

You wouldn't stand a chance against me.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@keyfirstnaten: all the pressure, energy and force is still there from being point blank.

Without the blast wave, none of that would be present; only the radiation and heat, which is why we see a bunch of fire after the explosion, and why Superman looks like a radiation-sponge.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten said:

It's an omnidirectional explosion. His body would absorb all the energy directed toward him and not away from him.

Superman's body absorbed as much radiation as it could, that's why he looked the way that he did.

The fireball engulfs Superman's Body. Superman doesn't get hurt from Absorbing Energy he gets stronger, so your second point makes no sense. Don't even try to say that Nuclear Energy = Red-Star energy, because you can't even come close to proving that.

He wants to show himself as Superman's superior, which he does by defeating him on even-ground:

No Caption Provided

Doomsday want to defeat Superman on Equal Ground. Thats why he Absorbs a Nuke to defeat Superman. Lol. My argument was satirical, in order to show that your own logic really doesn't make sense. Doomsday can't even talk so I guess he wants to prove himself to... Superman...

If she said "This creature absorbs kinetic-energy," you would have a point, but she doesn't. Her statement is all-inclusive, rendering your argument invalid.

Her statements contradict direct evidence and are therefor rendered invalid.

You wouldn't stand a chance against me.

Really because you've had to change the argument twice just to keep up

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon

The fireball engulfs Superman's Body. Superman doesn't get hurt from Absorbing Energy he gets stronger, so your second point makes no sense. Don't even try to say that Nuclear Energy = Red-Star energy, because you can't even come close to proving that.

He pressed his invulnerability to the limit by taking the explosion at point blank range (an omnidirectional fireball explosion). Both The Dark Knight Returns and the new 52 run of comics showed him going skeletal in those situations as his body uses all of its stored solar radiation to maintain his invulnerability.

Doomsday want to defeat Superman on Equal Ground. Thats why he Absorbs a Nuke to defeat Superman.

Doomsday wasn't in any control when the Nuke struck them.

Lol. My argument was satirical, in order to show that your own logic really doesn't make sense. Doomsday can't even talk so I guess he wants to prove himself to... Superman...

My logic discredited yours entirely by showing that your arguments were explainable by other means.

Her statements contradict direct evidence and are therefor rendered invalid.

Her statements are validated by Doomsday absorbing the energy from the nuclear-explosion and still surviving.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without the blast wave, none of that would be present; only the radiation and heat, which is why we see a bunch of fire after the explosion, and why Superman looks like a radiation-sponge.

that was this, not fireball

Loading Video...

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@keyfirstnaten: This is irrelevant to the topic that was posted.

OT: Did Hulk tank a stronger Sound Wave? Yes. Was Superman’s Trouble with the sound waves due to his Superhuman Hearing? Also yes.

Is Superman less durable to hulk because of this? No.