Who is a better martial artist Wolverine or Batman?

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By Undergroundgod
@erik said:
" @-chapel- said:
" @TheBatman586: Nice pic man. And yes IMO Batman would win. It wouldnt be easy, but if Wolvie was without claws Bats could probably at least knock him out, if not break his neck, or make his friggin heart explode in his chest. Batman could also pressure point Wolvie alot when he tried to attack him... "
Batman would not do half of that stuff you mentioned in a pure fighting ability contest.  "

No... Yet Batman is the better Martial Artist... You take Wolverines powers and weapons away from him, and you make him fight Batman... Batman is going to take him to school.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Erik
@Undergroundgod said:
" @erik said:
" @-chapel- said:
" @TheBatman586: Nice pic man. And yes IMO Batman would win. It wouldnt be easy, but if Wolvie was without claws Bats could probably at least knock him out, if not break his neck, or make his friggin heart explode in his chest. Batman could also pressure point Wolvie alot when he tried to attack him... "
Batman would not do half of that stuff you mentioned in a pure fighting ability contest.  "
No... Yet Batman is the better Martial Artist... You take Wolverines powers and weapons away from him, and you make him fight Batman... Batman is going to take him to school. "
You take away the powers and weapons and Wolverine will likely choose to use the skill. I really am getting tired of having to explain the poor showings over and over again when it has been confirmed in the comics on 3 occasions that I remember off the top of my head. 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By FinalStar86
@Undergroundgod said:
" @erik said:
" @-chapel- said:
No... Yet Batman is the better Martial Artist... You take Wolverines powers and weapons away from him, and you make him fight Batman... Batman is going to take him to school. "
Wolverine has some very impressive martial art feats.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By FinalStar86
@VIN31 said:

" Wolvie for sure....he can beat Captain America in hand to hand combact(read his skills).Captain America is better(for me) or equal(for some others)  to Batman.So wolvie rules!!! "

That is debatable, if Cap was to win it would most likely be because of his physical stats over his martial art ability. I won't turn this into a Batman vs Cap thread though
-chapel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By -chapel-
@erik said:
" @Undergroundgod said:
" @erik said:
" @-chapel- said:
You take away the powers and weapons and Wolverine will likely choose to use the skill. I really am getting tired of having to explain the poor showings over and over again when it has been confirmed in the comics on 3 occasions that I remember off the top of my head.  "

What three occasions?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Erik
@-chapel- said: 
What three occasions? "
  1. When Wolverine and Daredevil were interrogating Crossbones for shooting Steve Rogers, Daredevil realized that Wolverine lets people hit him first so he has an excuse to kill them.
  2. When Wolverine was having an adventure with Spider-Man in his Brand New Day run, Parker came to the same conclusion.
  3. In Wolverine's own run, he admits to Spider-Man that he lets people tear him to pieces because he is self destructive, has a death wish, and it gives him an excuse to hit back. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Erik

I am sure there are others, like during Wolverine: Manifest Destiny, Master Po told him he thinks it is because Wolverine is just lazy from relying on the healing factor. Instead of using the skill he has learned, he just plows through everything. 

-chapel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By -chapel-
@erik said:

When Wolverine and Daredevil were interrogating Crossbones for shooting Steve Rogers, Daredevil realized that Wolverine lets people hit him first so he has an excuse to kill them.

1. When Wolverine was having an adventure with Spider-Man in his Brand New Day run, Parker came to the same conclusion.
  2. In Wolverine's own run, he admits to Spider-Man that he lets people tear him to pieces because he is self destructive, has a death wish, and it gives him an excuse to hit back. 

Exactly. Batmans not gonna be like "look how tuff I am" hes gonna hit and keep on hitting. Because he would know about the healing factor. Thats why I said what I did in a previous posts. Bats would be relentless until he had the chance to break Wolvies neck or expolde his heart.
Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a master of martial arts, he knows 127 martial arts and has mastered all of them, He is definitely stronger then wolverine, when he does a bench-press, he uses at 1000lbs. and is at the peak and perfection of physical and mental condition. However, in a fight, wolverine wins due to his healing factor and adamantium claws.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Batman wins. He has more variety of martial artists.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By IRS

Batman wins for me due to consistency. He lost some dumb fights but lets face it, I don't think anyone jobs as much as Wolverine does.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he takes it seriously, wolverine. Regular, Batman.

Shaboba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like Wolverine's skill as a martial artist tends to be very inconsistently written compared to Batman. At Logan's best though, I'd still go with Bruce as the superior fighter, not considering the claws and superior physical strength and whatnot as influencing factors.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#214 god_spawn  Moderator

@inside said:

Batman is a master of martial arts, he knows 127 martial arts and has mastered all of them, He is definitely stronger then wolverine, when he does a bench-press, he uses at 1000lbs. and is at the peak and perfection of physical and mental condition. However, in a fight, wolverine wins due to his healing factor and adamantium claws.

....He isn't stronger than Wolverine. Are you serious?

randell1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xan84: despite being shown mostly as a brute who doesn't think. the comics official ratings state that he is actually a very tactical individual with a pretty intelligent mind. one factor never shown is that he is a computer genius

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman knows a variety of martial arts, Logan has the centuries of experience. Problem is its hard to differentiate when Logan doesn't have his healing factor. In pure skill it could go either way, but I'd put my bet on Batman making much more use of the martial knowledge he has.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By DarthAznable

Still Batman mainly due to much better consistency. They're about equal though.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Wolverine is a good Martial Artist, yes, but when he have lose is healing factor, he go to Shang-Chi and Daniel Rand for bettering/renowing his training. So we may suppose that Shang-Chi and Daniel Rand are both better than Wolverine. And I doubt that Daniel Rand is better than Batman as a Pure Martial Artist.

And note: Daniel Rand is my favourite of al of them and I'm sure that with is Chi and full power he can beat both Batman and Wolverine, but as a Pure Martial Artist, Shang-Chi and Batman are the best. So between Batman and Wolverine, I will go with Batman

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A wise fanboy once told me Batman is always the answer.

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Wolverine is a good Martial Artist, yes, but when he have lose is healing factor, he go to Shang-Chi and Daniel Rand for bettering/renowing his training. So we may suppose that Shang-Chi and Daniel Rand are both better than Wolverine. And I doubt that Daniel Rand is better than Batman as a Pure Martial Artist.

And note: Daniel Rand is my favourite of al of them and I'm sure that with is Chi and full power he can beat both Batman and Wolverine, but as a Pure Martial Artist, Shang-Chi and Batman are the best. So between Batman and Wolverine, I will go with Batman

I thought he sought Shang Chi and Fist not cause they were his superiors in fighting but as sparring partners?

He has beat Iron Fist before, check it out:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tryingtochill said:
@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

Batman

I thought he sought Shang Chi and Fist not cause they were his superiors in fighting but as sparring partners?

No Caption Provided

For me, he sought Shang Chi and Iron Fist for better training, but for a more "psycological" training. Wolwerine is a great fighter, but have always counted on his healing factor, even before having the adamantium. Without the healing factor, he have a new problem: fear of death, a psych/emotional weakness. I suppose that living with lesser fear of pain and death, make Wolverine combat skill more "Attack oriented", with less interest in parring attack or endure the pain, or "sacrificing itself" for some self-arming attack or manouvre, as a normal man do. Both thing in which Shang-Chi and Daniel Rand as a normal human [at least, in body] are expert, so Wolverine search the only two that can normally compete with him, but that have a set of skill and tecnique, both phisycal and mental, that he never really learned sinche he never have the need to learn :)

But with if we are talking about a "Standard Trained Wolverine" without is healing factor... well, I don't know how many time he may chose to parry or dodge an attack instead of take it will attack. I think that normally, Wolverine have a "less balanced" combat training, than "non regerating" character

And for the scan: it's cleary a "friend fight", so I suppose none of the two are fighting at his full potential :) Wolverine is a great fighter so I think it's normal he MAY win in a friendly fight :) I've doubt in to a pure martial artist fight :)

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a better martial artist.

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tryingtochill said:

Batman

No Caption Provided

For me, he sought Shang Chi and Iron Fist for better training, but for a more "psycological" training. Wolwerine is a great fighter, but have always counted on his healing factor, even before having the adamantium. Without the healing factor, he have a new problem: fear of death, a psych/emotional weakness. I suppose that living with lesser fear of pain and death, make Wolverine combat skill more "Attack oriented", with less interest in parring attack or endure the pain, or "sacrificing itself" for some self-arming attack or manouvre, as a normal man do. Both thing in which Shang-Chi and Daniel Rand as a normal human [at least, in body] are expert, so Wolverine search the only two that can normally compete with him, but that have a set of skill and tecnique, both phisycal and mental, that he never really learned sinche he never have the need to learn :)

But with if we are talking about a "Standard Trained Wolverine" without is healing factor... well, I don't know how many time he may chose to parry or dodge an attack instead of take it will attack. I think that normally, Wolverine have a "less balanced" combat training, than "non regerating" character

And for the scan: it's cleary a "friend fight", so I suppose none of the two are fighting at his full potential :) Wolverine is a great fighter so I think it's normal he MAY win in a friendly fight :) I've doubt in to a pure martial artist fight :)

I agree about the psychological training but friendly sparring does reflect skill rather accurately.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the better martial artist

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on what version of wolverine you use. His composite skill will be greater than Batman's but he doesn't always remember and has relearn things. He also doesn't use skill like bats. So there really is multiple answers to this question

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, but it's close.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

No Caption Provided

dude he did not beat danny here

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

How can Wolverine possibly beat Batman, the guy who wrecked Deathstroke and beat Karate Kid?

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can Wolverine possibly beat Batman, the guy who wrecked Deathstroke and beat Karate Kid?

Wolverine can easily beat Batman due to being a nearly indestructible mutant with a healing factor, enhanced strength, and razor sharp adamantium claws. But this thread is not about who would win in a fight, it is about who is the better fighter.

Batman would be the better martial artist. Wolverine is sometimes portrayed as a skilled martial artist, but it seems in recent years he was more often portrayed as a brawler.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Eisenfauste

Batman when it comes to application of martial arts during combat. Wolverine of course has the better experience as well possibly comparable knowledge of martial arts. I'd still be inclined to give Bruce the edge though.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Batman is way more skilled than Wolverine. Batman knows 127 martial art' disciplines (That's way overkill) and has his bat computer so he can know what style his opponent knows as well as practicing his style of fighting to be unpredictable to them. Wolverine should know at least as much as Batman due to the fact of his longevity and being in a lot of wars, traveling around the world, and being on different organizations, so I'll bet he could do more lethal damage to Bats with those skills. But he mostly has to result to 'slice and dice' or go berserker mode to win a fight, otherwise he have to retrain in those styles again but never seems to stick with him for long afterwards, unless plot wise of course.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're pretty much equal in martial art imo

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

batman in terms of techniques.........wolverine in terms of experience

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This question is kind-of open-ended. Wolvie has more experience, and Bruce has more skill, but that's not really the question. A martial artist also has to create techniques on their own and apply them.

The "127 martial arts" argument is kinda weak, since so many techniques are seen in others. A black belt in karate is essentially equivalent to a black belt in Taekwondo, so realistically being decent in 90 of them would be just as good.

Even the "belt ranks" don't consistently have as much value as some give them since few martial arts use them.

Geeking out aside, from the showings of "creating" fighting styles for scenarios, I'd (disappointingly) give this to Logan. He improvises a lot more, and he's usually in more unique scenarios. There's not really a kata for fighting a pack of wolves, or feral mutants.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerd_of_a_hero: the 127 thing is a myth and we only have one thing that even mentions that number and it was the disk given to Cassandra Cain when she had lost her body reading . Bats actually has more instances of where narration says he knows all or mastered all.

The issue is still which wolverine are we talking about? He has studied much longer but he forgets quite often. Bruce also uses his skill much better as he doesn't have the HF. So again there are multiple answers to this question

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan gets my vote, mainly due to experience and the fact that he schooled six martial arts mystic masters in H2H while blindfolded.

@rbysjti said:
I'd say Wolverine. He is a mutant with healing factor so he can move beyond the normal body's limits.

Wolverine is a brilliant martial artist, however due to Adamantium and healing factor he doesn't display all he is capable of martial arts wise.

@valkaad said:

Wolverine has probably spent more time training/fighting than Batman has been alive.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: The 127 thing is also mentioned in his Encyclopedia entries in the DC and Batman handbooks IIRC.

Wolverine is one of the few characters that have a 7 out of 7 in combat skill meaning they have mastered all martial arts known to man. Even Captain America, who was originally rated a 7, is now rated a 6 and you have Steve claim he's mastered all martial arts himself in a scan.

I don't know, mastering more and more martial arts doesn't really make one a better martial artist IMO. Black Panther nad Daredevil is rated a 5, but they can surely contend with Steve, Logan and Bruce in martial arts.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has the skill.

Wolverine has the experience.

Doesn't matter though, because in a straight H2H fight they're close enough that Wolverine's physicals would put him above and beyond Bats anytime.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By newecho

@slimj87d: daken is a 7 iirc in skill and he sure hhasn't mastered all. Mantis who is Marvel's most skilled fighter is only a 6 too. I am pretty sure that black panther and Mr. X are the only marvel characters that on panel have mastered all fighting styles. I know wolverine was listed in two marvel handbooks that I know of as knowing all but idk I never use handbook entries as evidence unless its mentioned on panel..

Bats has 2 on panel instances that I know of that of mastering all but its narration and 2nd person views ie lantern said it once iirc?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: come to think of it, Ogun may have an on panel instance too and there may be an instance where they say Logan knows or is more skilled??..

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: My point is similar to yours. Quantity doesn't not equate to quality. The handbooks may say one thing, but they're written by staff members sometimes that have never wrote a comic before. Even marvel's chief editor disagrees with some of the things that the handbooks say.

No Caption Provided

Like DD and BP are ranked 5, but I would debate they could beat Daken who is a 7.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: to be fair tho tom says some stupid stuff and people hold his opinion way to high. To me feats are what matter. We pretty much agree.

I just think for the answer to the question posed by the op is almost an unanswerable one or either are correct if that makes sense.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Just by going with common sense, I think Wolverine is going to be better because he has way more years of experience under his belt, a few 100, maybe 300.

Batman has about 15 if Year One Batman was in his mid 20s and now he's in his middle 30s.

But I would say Batman probably has more potential, in the short time compared to Wolverine he sure does rival him.

But going by feats and context, it's not answerable like you said.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@newecho: Just by going with common sense, I think Wolverine is going to be better because he has way more years of experience under his belt, a few 100, maybe 300.

Batman has about 15 if Year One Batman was in his mid 20s and now he's in his middle 30s.

But I would say Batman probably has more potential, in the short time compared to Wolverine he sure does rival him.

But going by feats and context, it's not answerable like you said.

Well this is true but again wolverine has to remember how to use his skill alot throughout his history. Then there is actual use of skill vs how he normally fights... The topic is definately interesting to discuss... I really think i could convince myself that either are more skilled lol... btw batman 48 was awesome if you haven't read....