Who is a better martial artist Wolverine or Batman?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By beatboks1
@Supreme Marvel said:
Like you said before, the difference why Karate Kid knows more, because people in that century are smarter, I don't believe they are necessarily smarter than Batman, with a few exceptions like Brainiac 5. Karate Kid is about 15-20 years old, and knows more. Batman in his age, as been battling 15-20 years worth, with his intelligence, being smarter than Karate Kid, as he proved in JLA/JSA: Lightning Saga, although he was sick, still outsmarted him to beat him, with help of course. I know in a one on one, Batman will lose to Karate Kid. That's because in his time as much more resources in martial arts than Batman. But that's nor more point. My point is that Batman is smarter than wolverine, has more resources than Wolverine therefore should, within his 15-20 years of martial arts training from the best, should know more and be better at it. "
It's a known fact that the knowledge of mankind doubles every four years (the time it doubles actually reduces every century). As Such your average joe in 10 centuries is going to be 250 times as intelligent as your average joe today. Normal IQ is considered 91 to 110 superior 120 to 130 very superior 130 up genius 150 to 200. So currently a genius is ranked about double your average normal IQ therefore your average individual in 30 cenuries is 175 times a current genius.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#102  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@beatboks1 said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
Like you said before, the difference why Karate Kid knows more, because people in that century are smarter, I don't believe they are necessarily smarter than Batman, with a few exceptions like Brainiac 5. Karate Kid is about 15-20 years old, and knows more. Batman in his age, as been battling 15-20 years worth, with his intelligence, being smarter than Karate Kid, as he proved in JLA/JSA: Lightning Saga, although he was sick, still outsmarted him to beat him, with help of course. I know in a one on one, Batman will lose to Karate Kid. That's because in his time as much more resources in martial arts than Batman. But that's nor more point. My point is that Batman is smarter than wolverine, has more resources than Wolverine therefore should, within his 15-20 years of martial arts training from the best, should know more and be better at it. "
It's a known fact that the knowledge of mankind doubles every four years (the time it doubles actually reduces every century). As Such your average joe in 10 centuries is going to be 250 times as intelligent as your average joe today. Normal IQ is considered 91 to 110 superior 120 to 130 very superior 130 up genius 150 to 200. So currently a genius is ranked about double your average normal IQ therefore your average individual in 30 cenuries is 175 times a current genius. "
But reading Legion of Superheroes, Batman seems smarter than the average Joe there.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By beatboks1

One last question (if anyone can answer for me). I haven't read anything with Logan for quite some time. Last I did he was just starting to learn some of his long past, does he now know and remember it all. If he has all the memories of over 100 years of combat and training  I'd agree he has the edge. I will say however that the number of arts learned by either is of no consequence. The best fighters in real life amalgamate and simplify the art forms they learn (best example Bruce Lee, ninjitsu is another prime example). They leave out what they consider useless and take what they find of value. There are a multitude of martial art forms that are very similar and have been influenced by each other (examples Judo Juijitsu and Aikido are related art forms relying on weight transfer in which only the stances and focus vary ) . In many cases a skilled trained combatant will learn effective moves of an opponent (who is using them on them)that they have never actually studied and incorporate them into their own style

brharri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By brharri

batman

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Theodore

The Bat

Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By Doombert

I would say their ability is about equal.  Bruce shows way more discipline on a regular basis.   This is done regularly for a few reasons.  First and foremost its because Logan doesn't have to use discipline.  Part of his fighting edge that he uses is his ability to tank shots that normal people (aka Bruce) could never take.  That doesnt mean that he is an idiot and a horrible fighter.  Thats just his way of doing things.  Why write about a character with the super power to live through incredible punishment if you dont showcase it in your writing? 

The most recent MA feat of Logan was his defeat of Daken without too much effort, a character that has straight punked a few people in recent past.  Including DP (brought up because someone said DP kicks Logans ass all the time, which is just nonsense).  

As far as being a better tactician I'd give it to Bruce.  He has displayed that ability far more than Logan has.  Everyone knows the Forge quote about Logan tactical ability being the equivalent of someone beating blah blah chess blah blah Olympic level blah blah blah but seriously shut the fuck up, when does he ever display it?  Can someone give another example of his tactical ability beyond that?  If so please share!  =D

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By slimj87d
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @beatboks1 said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
It's a known fact that the knowledge of mankind doubles every four years (the time it doubles actually reduces every century). As Such your average joe in 10 centuries is going to be 250 times as intelligent as your average joe today. Normal IQ is considered 91 to 110 superior 120 to 130 very superior 130 up genius 150 to 200. So currently a genius is ranked about double your average normal IQ therefore your average individual in 30 cenuries is 175 times a current genius. "
But reading Legion of Superheroes, Batman seems smarter than the average Joe there. "
That's because the writers that are writing are in the 21st century :D
Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#108  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Batman. He traveled the entire world, studies pretty much all the planet had to offer when it came to fighting. Logan...well...did not. He stuck to Japan or at the least just Asia, did he not? Batman can adapt to any battle, Wolverine cannot.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I think Batman and Wolverine are equal in fighting skill.I think what gives Batman the slight edge his intellect and knowledge of other things that he can incorporate in his combat.I also think the Batman more so than Wolverine takes his fights seriously because he knows any slip up could cause him to get killed or injured...Wolverine doesn't have to worries.The lines get blurred when writers try and use Wolverine as a punching back and some feral idiot who can't fight.He uses his fighting skill alot more than people let on.They just try and boost other characters abilities in combat by using him.DC won't do that with Batman because he has an image of badassery to maintain. "
Very well said my friend. This is exactly what I wanted to say. "
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus said:
" Batman. He traveled the entire world, studies pretty much all the planet had to offer when it came to fighting. Logan...well...did not. He stuck to Japan or at the least just Asia, did he not? Batman can adapt to any battle, Wolverine cannot. "
Wolverine has circled the globe more time than most people have years in their lives so that is not at all true. Apparently, Wolverine has even picked up on non terrestrial fighting styles. I think Vance nailed it perfectly though. 
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:
" Batman. He traveled the entire world, studies pretty much all the planet had to offer when it came to fighting. Logan...well...did not. He stuck to Japan or at the least just Asia, did he not? Batman can adapt to any battle, Wolverine cannot. "
Wolverine has circled the globe more time than most people have years in their lives so that is not at all true. Apparently, Wolverine has even picked up on non terrestrial fighting styles. I think Vance nailed it perfectly though.  "
Traveling is one thing, training is something else entirely.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus said:
" @erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:
Wolverine has circled the globe more time than most people have years in their lives so that is not at all true. Apparently, Wolverine has even picked up on non terrestrial fighting styles. I think Vance nailed it perfectly though.  "
Traveling is one thing, training is something else entirely. "
......... Do you think Wolverine is the kind of guy that just goes to see the sights? Wolverine knows just about every fighting style on Earth. I think the only ones one can say he does not know with confidence is Captain America's fighting style and Iron Fist's   K'un-Lun and Chi of Shou-Lao.

No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MysterioMaximus said:
" @erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:
Will you research the character before you open your mouth.You're the second guy this week completely clueless about Wolverine trying to press their input.Read a bio or something.This is ridiculous.
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

" @erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

......... Do you think Wolverine is the kind of guy that just goes to see the sights? Wolverine knows just about every fighting style on Earth. I think the only ones one can say he does not know with confidence is Captain America's fighting style and Iron Fist's   K'un-Lun and Chi of Shou-Lao.

No Caption Provided
"
Well I mean...yes actually. Wolverine is the type that desires solitude, there's numerous examples of it. And I'm not especially familiar with him using nearly as many fighting styles as Batman, though I'm admittedly no Logan expert...and don't even much like Wolverine these days. But to be honest, no offense meant, the "proof" you posted doesn't prove much to me. It's easy to say he knows all fighting styles, but has he ever actually really displayed that in the comics themselves? I don't think so. These "stat" things are really just glorified opinions of the folk who wrote them and nothing solid. Batman's got this easy (IMO) when it comes to superior martial artist abilities if you ask me and seemingly most people in this thread. And as for the philosophy of the art, I can't imagine a drunk raging Canadian midget murderer being much in the way of the authentic Eastern mindset. Much of Wolverine completely undermines what martial arts is. That's part of why this character traits so interesting, he doesn't seem the type and delved into it as an attempt to tame his inner animal...which he so rarely succeeds in doing. Bruce lives and breaths the art.
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@Vance Astro said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

" @erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:
Will you research the character before you open your mouth.You're the second guy this week completely clueless about Wolverine trying to press their input.Read a bio or something.This is ridiculous. "
Classy! Couldn't I say the same to you about Batman? Wolverine fanboys...worst of the worst. Wolverine has not trained like Bruce and I stand by that, regardless of how old or well-traveled he is.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus said:
" @erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

" @erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:

No Caption Provided
"
Well I mean...yes actually. Wolverine is the type that desires solitude, there's numerous examples of it. And I'm not especially familiar with him using nearly as many fighting styles as Batman, though I'm admittedly no Logan expert...and don't even much like Wolverine these days. But to be honest, no offense meant, the "proof" you posted doesn't prove much to me. It's easy to say he knows all fighting styles, but has he ever actually really displayed that in the comics themselves? I don't think so. These "stat" things are really just glorified opinions of the folk who wrote them and nothing solid. Batman's got an easy for superior martial artist win if you ask me. And as for the philosophy of the art, I can't imagine a drunken raging Canadian midget being much in the way of the Eastern mindset. "
So you have specifically chosen to ignore facts? Great then. That makes my job a lot easier. It has been stated in issues as well, which is what this classic bio is based on. It was also explained in issue why he does not employ the use of his expert fighting skill more often. In fact, that explanation has been touched on several times. Furthermore, he has shown his knowledge of fighting style when he has wanted to so again you are wrong. Great job with the bigoted comment too. 
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#117  Edited By Dracade102

Batman FTW

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus said: 
Classy! Couldn't I say the same to you about Batman? Wolverine fanboys...worst of the worst. "
I would wager that Vance knows more about Batman than you know about comics in general. 
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#119  Edited By EdwardWindsor

its very simple for me, in their peaks batman is a better martial artist. But Bruces peak lasts what 20 years where as Logans last a century at the vesy least. So short term Batman longterm Logan simple as that

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

" @erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

" @erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

No Caption Provided
"
Well I mean...yes actually. Wolverine is the type that desires solitude, there's numerous examples of it. And I'm not especially familiar with him using nearly as many fighting styles as Batman, though I'm admittedly no Logan expert...and don't even much like Wolverine these days. But to be honest, no offense meant, the "proof" you posted doesn't prove much to me. It's easy to say he knows all fighting styles, but has he ever actually really displayed that in the comics themselves? I don't think so. These "stat" things are really just glorified opinions of the folk who wrote them and nothing solid. Batman's got an easy for superior martial artist win if you ask me. And as for the philosophy of the art, I can't imagine a drunken raging Canadian midget being much in the way of the Eastern mindset. "
So you have specifically chosen to ignore facts? Great then. That makes my job a lot easier. It has been stated in issues as well, which is what this classic bio is based on. It was also explained in issue why he does not employ the use of his expert fighting skill more often. In fact, that explanation has been touched on several times. Furthermore, he has shown his knowledge of fighting style when he has wanted to so again you are wrong. Great job with the bigoted comment too.  "
Show me where they're facts and I'll concede, until then they're glorified opinions of others that you lacked the capacity to come up with yourself. If you actually chose to think (and I hate to use this expression but) outside the box, you'd see that. Is wikipedia a reliable source in your world as well? Because everything on the internet is true, right? Why the hostility? And bigoted comment? ...now I'm just confused. Are you implying Wolverine isn't a drunk raging Canadian midget murderer? ...because when last I looked...

And I'd venture to guess not many around here know much of anything about comics pre-1980's, so no...I doubt he knows more about Batman than I do. I'll take that bet. Nor am I immature enough to consider it a competition in the first place. Sorry? So if he does, I wouldn't be threatened but rather find that rather cool. And I'm not entirely sure I'd want to know everything about comics anyway, the implication would be I'd have no life and be very poorly prioritized. So forgive me for liking sex and preferring relevant facts instead of overvaluing fiction.

So I'll go with the majority, but more importantly my own opinion, and side with Batman. If that gets your panties in a bunch, it'll just make me chuckle. But thanks for trolling, twas fun! Take care now.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus:  

Lol. So because I just came to this thread, all of a sudden sharing the opinions of others makes me a lemming? How do you know that the more educated individuals on Wolverine here do not owe that to me? Of course wikipedia is not a reliable source. Your comment is bigoted because you implied that if you are Canadian, a midget, and like the sauce, you cannot possibly have a firm grasp on philosophy or the art of martial arts. Of course you are wrong. 

Right..... You have had sex.  9_9

Seeing as how you do not know what you are talking about (as has already been proven), your opinion counts for very little. But since you requested some proof of Wolverine's understanding of martial arts, here you go: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Erik

In this set of scans, you see that all he was doing was remembering how to do things he already knew how to do. The only new skill he has received was the ability to "see" weaknesses now, like Karnak.

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus:  

Lol. So because I just came to this thread, all of a sudden sharing the opinions of others makes me a lemming? How do you know that the more educated individuals on Wolverine here do not owe that to me? Of course wikipedia is not a reliable source. Your comment is bigoted because you implied that if you are Canadian, a midget, and like the sauce, you cannot possibly have a firm grasp on philosophy or the art of martial arts. Of course you are wrong. 

Right..... You have had sex.  9_9

Seeing as how you do not know what you are talking about (as has already been proven), your opinion counts for very little. But since you requested some proof of Wolverine's understanding of martial arts, here you go: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
"
 Are you 18? Honestly, I can't help but be curious! Again, why the hostility? And I find it rather disturbing that you'd take Wolverine, whom I accurately described as a drunk raging Canadian midget murderer, and somehow pervert that into me implying that all Canadians cannot accurately fathom Eastern philosophy. Vast sweeping assumptions have a way of making people look...stupid. What a creative spin on my comments, albeit irrational. I meant  no such thing and I fail to see how you could have feasibly jumped to that conclusion whatsoever. I merely meant that Wolverine and Wolverine alone often contradicts the Eastern philosophies, which is accurate. 

And yes, my daughter was a test tube baby, eh? Genetically engineered more than the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Life found a way!  Please don't presume to know anything about me because ultimately you'll just look ignorant. And I don't think much of anyone's opinion amounts to anything, so ...stay your ego. No one much cares for anything you say, nor me.

And when did I ever deny Wolverine knows martial arts? What are you talking about? I'm well aware of that, dude! Calm down! Hell, I own Frank Millers run on Wolverine in Japan. I never once claimed he doesn't know martial arts. I'm denying that he knows as many fighting styles as Batman or that he's superior to Batman and backing it with facts like how Logan regularly defeats Eastern Philosophy due to his inner demons! 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus:  
There is nothing to misinterpret. Here is your exact words:  

"And as for the philosophy of the art, I can't imagine a drunk raging Canadian midget murderer being much in the way of the authentic Eastern mindset. "  

Not a whole lot to pervert or twist. Seems pretty straight forward to me.  

Again, all this you are trying to boast on the internet. Proudly proclaiming you like sex and have had it on the net is going to be believed as much as me saying I am an astronaut. So I call lies. I also do not believe you could have a child.  

You also stated that you need proof of Wolverine employing the use of martial arts. You even went as far as to say that he does not use martial arts. I only proved that you are wrong and either are a liar (which I suspect is true no matter what) or that you are ignorant to anything about Wolverine. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MysterioMaximus said:
Classy! Couldn't I say the same to you about Batman? Wolverine fanboys...worst of the worst. Wolverine has not trained like Bruce and I stand by that, regardless of how old or well-traveled he is. "
My response to you is not about whether Wolverine is better than Bruce or not.It's about you obviously not knowing what Wolverine is capable of in the first place.Your opinion about Wayne doesn't matter to me at all.I wasn't trying to be a d#ck i'm just tired of people making cases about characters by downplaying what they've done and blatantly not knowing what they are talking about.
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus:  There is nothing to misinterpret. Here is your exact words:     "And as for the philosophy of the art, I can't imagine a drunk raging Canadian midget murderer being much in the way of the authentic Eastern mindset. "   Not a whole lot to pervert or twist. Seems pretty straight forward to me.   Again, all this you are trying to boast on the internet. Proudly proclaiming you like sex and have had it on the net is going to be believed as much as me saying I am an astronaut. So I call lies. I also do not believe you could have a child.   You also stated that you need proof of Wolverine employing the use of martial arts. You even went as far as to say that he does not use martial arts. I only proved that you are wrong and either are a liar (which I suspect is true no matter what) or that you are ignorant to anything about Wolverine.  "

For the sake of humanity, I refuse to believe you're any older than 18! 

How is alcoholism, murder, and rage fitting of the Eastern philosophy of martial arts? I'm merely stating that in this particular case, all those characteristics happen to stem from a Canadian midget. You're mad if you see any more... or pulling for strings.

Nice classy move, personal insults on a child. Thanks! I'll be contacting the mods now. Do you have any friends? Or maybe you should try Paxil.

I just don’t quite understand why you’d go out of your way to be so aggressively insulting considering I’m only disagreeing with you on a battle between two fictional characters. You do realize they're fiction, right? Apparently superhero battles are serious business! Who knew…*rollseyes*  ...can you say fanboy?

And I state I need proof of Wolverine knowing numerous martial arts, at the least as many as Batman, ergo I'd need a lot more than one fight scene. Sorry you're so narrow, I assumed you may be mildly intelligent and comprehend the words that are coming out of my keyboard.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By King_Saturn
The Dark Knight...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus said: 
For the sake of humanity, I refuse to believe you're any older than 18!   How is alcoholism, murder, and rage fitting of the Eastern philosophy of martial arts? I'm merely stating that in this particular case, all those characteristics happen to stem from a Canadian midget. You're mad...  Nice classy move, personal insults. Do you have any friends? Or maybe you should try Paxil.  I just don’t quite understand why you’d go out of your way to be so aggressively insulting considering I’m only disagreeing with you on a battle between two fictional characters. Apparently superhero battles are serious business! Who knew…*rollseyes*    And I state I need proof of Wolverine knowing numerous martial arts, at the least as many as Batman, ergo I'd need a lot more than one fight scene. Sorry you're so narrow, I assumed you may be mildly intelligent and comprehend the words that are coming out of my keyboard. "

How is anything you posted relevant to anything about this topic? I already posted proof of the range of Wolverine's knowledge. 
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus said: 
For the sake of humanity, I refuse to believe you're any older than 18!   How is alcoholism, murder, and rage fitting of the Eastern philosophy of martial arts? I'm merely stating that in this particular case, all those characteristics happen to stem from a Canadian midget. You're mad...  Nice classy move, personal insults. Do you have any friends? Or maybe you should try Paxil.  I just don’t quite understand why you’d go out of your way to be so aggressively insulting considering I’m only disagreeing with you on a battle between two fictional characters. Apparently superhero battles are serious business! Who knew…*rollseyes*    And I state I need proof of Wolverine knowing numerous martial arts, at the least as many as Batman, ergo I'd need a lot more than one fight scene. Sorry you're so narrow, I assumed you may be mildly intelligent and comprehend the words that are coming out of my keyboard. "
 How is anything you posted relevant to anything about this topic? I already posted proof of the range of Wolverine's knowledge.  "
And have yet to post proof of it being superior to Batman's.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MysterioMaximus said:
  And I state I need proof of Wolverine knowing numerous martial arts, at the least as many as Batman, ergo I'd need a lot more than one fight scene. Sorry you're so narrow, I assumed you may be mildly intelligent and comprehend the words that are coming out of my keyboard. "
Actually wouldn't.Batman stated how many martial arts styles he knows when he handed Batgirl a disk with all the styles on it.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus said: 
And have yet to post proof of it being superior to Batman's. "
I guess you never actually bothered to read my posts. I never said Wolverine's knowledge is superior. In fact, I agreed with Vance in that they are likely equal and you threw yourself into a fit. 
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus said: 

And have yet to post proof of it being superior to Batman's. "

I guess you never actually bothered to read my posts. I never said Wolverine's knowledge is superior. In fact, I agreed with Vance in that they are likely equal and you threw yourself into a fit.  "

No Caption Provided

No, I didn't catch where you said that because you didn't directly say that to me...Sigh! ...then why are you so lividly debating with me that you've felt the need to personally insult me (by calling me a bigot by irrationally misunderstanding a comment I made) and my daughter? Talk about one waste of time. I'm in no fit, I'm merely defending from your aggressively out-of-place attacks.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus:  
I already proved how your posts was not a misunderstanding. You engaged me, not the other way around. I just tried to correct your misinformation. 
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:

" @MysterioMaximus:  I already proved how your posts was not a misunderstanding. You engaged me, not the other way around. I just tried to correct your misinformation.  "

Such a very illogical definition of proof. We'll see what the mods say about that because, I highly doubt I'm the first you've done this too, but ideally the last.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Erik
@MysterioMaximus said:
" @erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus:  I already proved how your posts was not a misunderstanding. You engaged me, not the other way around. I just tried to correct your misinformation.  "
We'll see what the mods say about that because, I highly doubt I'm the first you've done this too, but ideally the last. "
Correcting ignorance is not against the forum rules. Report away. I am pretty sure falsely reporting someone is actionable anyway so you will just take care of yourself. 
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@erik said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:
" @erik said:
We'll see what the mods say about that because, I highly doubt I'm the first you've done this too, but ideally the last. "
Correcting ignorance is not against the forum rules. Report away. I am pretty sure falsely reporting someone is actionable anyway so you will just take care of yourself.  "
Hahahaha! Yes! That's exactly what will happen!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MysterioMaximus said:
" @erik said:

Such a very illogical definition of proof. We'll see what the mods say about that because, I highly doubt I'm the first you've done this too, but ideally the last. "
LMFAO...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Erik

9_9 

Moving on..... I agree that Batman and Wolverine are likely on par in knowledge and skill but Batman uses it far better and also draws on his intellect to adapt and strategize on the fly. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@erik said:
" 9_9  Moving on..... I agree that Batman and Wolverine are likely on par in knowledge and skill but Batman uses it far better and also draws on his intellect to adapt and strategize on the fly.  "
If I recall correctly there was a showing of Wolverine in Berzerker Rage that suggests his is more intelligent and fights with extreme calculation and precision.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Erik
@Vance Astro said:
" @erik said:
" 9_9  Moving on..... I agree that Batman and Wolverine are likely on par in knowledge and skill but Batman uses it far better and also draws on his intellect to adapt and strategize on the fly.  "
If I recall correctly there was a showing of Wolverine in Berzerker Rage that suggests his is more intelligent and fights with extreme calculation and precision. "
He actually is. There is a scan of Forge doing an evaluation of Wolverine in action that puts him at a genius level in stratagem and tactical calculation. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Final Arrow
@MysterioMaximus:  @erik:  

Now normally Im happy for people to flag each other and bring a mod into the debate. Now here is where the problem starts for me, if you have a problem with each other walk away and flag continuing this little back and forth. Does not help the thread nor does it do any good for yourself. Simply leave talking to the person and leave it to the mods to deal with. So far all I have seen is the two of you going and back and forth and not much else, just because one person said one thing does not allow the two of you to continue the exchange of insults no matter how you phrase it.      

As such if you have a problem please PM me instead of continuing this in the thread.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Erik
@Final Arrow:  
I am pretty sure I never insulted anyone here. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Final Arrow
@erik said:
" @Final Arrow:  I am pretty sure I never insulted anyone here.  "
You did phrase several of your post in a manner that can be taken in a certain way and as such can be taken as insults. Using sarcasm in a post is a very effective tool when debating and insulting . I am not issuing any warnings all I am asking is that you simple ignore each other for the benefit of this thread, the last page had nothing to  do with this debate almost. This is a suggestion and as I asked if you have an issue with it please PM me.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Erik
@Final Arrow:  
You edited your post to include that PM part. By that time, I had already posted my response. Besides, Vance and I had already continued with the thread topic before you even showed up. 
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#145  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" I think Batman and Wolverine are equal in fighting skill.I think what gives Batman the slight edge his intellect and knowledge of other things that he can incorporate in his combat.I also think the Batman more so than Wolverine takes his fights seriously because he knows any slip up could cause him to get killed or injured...Wolverine doesn't have to worries.The lines get blurred when writers try and use Wolverine as a punching back and some feral idiot who can't fight.He uses his fighting skill alot more than people let on.They just try and boost other characters abilities in combat by using him.DC won't do that with Batman because he has an image of badassery to maintain. "
Haven't read the thread past this post (and I wasn't keeping track before it lol) but this is a quality post. I think I might put all the posts worth reading (no matter who they side with) together since a lot of them don't really add anything.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Final Arrow
@erik said:
" @Final Arrow:  You edited your post to include that PM part. By that time, I had already posted my response. Besides, Vance and I had already continued with the thread topic before you even showed up.  "
Well sorry about that, you posted at the same as my edit. As the thread has continued there is no need for any more comments regarding this, I have said my piece.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Buckshot said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Haven't read the thread past this post (and I wasn't keeping track before it lol) but this is a quality post.

@Buckshot said:
 I think I might put all the posts worth reading (no matter who they side with) together since a lot of them don't really add anything. "
You still think Batman is better than Logan? 
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#148  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Vance Astro: Yeah, I still think Batman is better, and definitely if you took some sort of random sample. Wolverine might be equal on his good days, but generally speaking I'd say Batman.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Erik
@Buckshot said:
" @Vance Astro: Yeah, I still think Batman is better, and definitely if you took some sort of random sample. Wolverine might be equal on his good days, but generally speaking I'd say Batman. "
It has been explained away that Wolverine chooses not to use them due to his own self destructive nature and healing factor. What do you think about Wolverine actually trying compared to Batman?
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Logic Mark III

I say Wolverine IS better, but as has been said, its not ALWAYS SHOWN [or at least shown to people liking here] unlike with Batman.

I'm not understanding where the Wolverine isn't as tactical or thinks of scenarios in a fight thing comes from. Enemy of The State/Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D had him murdering thousands of agents, mutants, ninja and ninja mutants, if he wasn't very good tactically his arse would be grass. 

As others have said he gtes injured a lot because it looks cool. If Spiderman had a healing factor and still dodged the way he did we wouldn't really see much of it, hell we would probably forget it after a while. Furthermore it 'humanises?' him a bit more. It makes him a Van Damme, taking punches and getting smacked up rather than a Steven Segal, just standing there picking on people smaller than him [that bits hard for Wolverine as most are taller than him lol] not even messing up his hair. 

When writers/artists want to they are ready to show his skills with the martial arts. 

There is possibly an argument for saying Batman LOOKS like an amazing martial artist all the time because a lot of the people he fights are just schlubs, back alley gangsters and people with freakish tech/powers. On the whole Wolverine has probably fought more ninja, black ops and martial arts types than Batman ever has [lets not forget Batman does us a lot of tech too], and a lot of them credible people with above norm advantages [e.g telepathic ninja].