Who is a better martial artist Wolverine or Batman?

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By rbysjti
@Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" I'd say Wolverine. He is a mutant with healing factor so he can move beyond the normal body's limits. "
do you even read the thread you're posting in? It's a question of martial arts skill. If you want to comment on a direct confrontation, perhaps try Wolverine vs. Batman . "
Yes i did. Being a mutant with healing factor is an edge because you get to execute things better and faster and easier. Besides, Batman uses gadgets along the way while Wolvie is just him and his claws. "
You should probably examine their actual showings. Wolverine has been trumped consistently by peak human martial artists. Batman has not. "
Well, we must not based it on their actual showings because Batman has been written like he's more than human. It takes skills for Wolverine to use his claws without killing his enemies, unless the opponents are just robots. And if you look for a martial artist who'll train you, i doubt it if you could keep up with Wolvie's training since there would be parts when only superhumans can do it. "
Actual showings or the things you've invented in your head without any proof? I know which one I'll go with.   Batman is who he is, he's peak human in every way. His feats are on par with other peak humans like Captain America. Just because Wolverine is capable of using his claws without killing (which he rarely does) doesn't make him better than Batman. Batman knows as many lethal strikes as Lady Shiva and he has never killed anyone using martial arts. He carries batarangs, an edged shuriken that could easily penetrate a human skull and he throws dozens of them on a daily basis without having ever killed or seriously maimed anyone, ever. Wolverine can't make the same claim. Furthermore, I can't recall Wolverine having ever been trained by a superhuman. As I've said I remember him being retrained in martial arts by Elektra but she is athlete/peak human. Most of the martial arts Logan learned in Japan were taught to him by human samurai. Whilst Wolverine's mutant healing factor could allow him to survive wounds that would kill Batman, that doesn't make him a better martial artist. A better martial artist is the one who avoids the hit, not the one who takes it on the chin. "

What I'm trying to say is that Wolverine has superhuman reflexes because he is a mutant. Being retrained doesn't mean anything to Wolverine at all. Do you think Batman can jump from a 50 feet building gracefully? If he uses his gadgets, then yes. but that's not a problem with Wolvie.

according to wiki:

Wolverine's agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. Due to his healing factor's constant regenerative qualities, he can push his muscles beyond the limits of the human body without injury.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Wolverine, training longer, and? He's been training longer than Karate Kid, and he knows galaxies amount of martial arts. Would you say because Wolverine's been around longer than Karate Kid he knows more? I doubt it. My vote goes to Bruce. Like someone else said, Bruce has trained with the best.

"I only train with the best" - Bruce to Richard Dragon
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Undergroundgod
@rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" I'd say Wolverine. He is a mutant with healing factor so he can move beyond the normal body's limits. "
do you even read the thread you're posting in? It's a question of martial arts skill. If you want to comment on a direct confrontation, perhaps try Wolverine vs. Batman . "
Yes i did. Being a mutant with healing factor is an edge because you get to execute things better and faster and easier. Besides, Batman uses gadgets along the way while Wolvie is just him and his claws. "
You should probably examine their actual showings. Wolverine has been trumped consistently by peak human martial artists. Batman has not. "
Well, we must not based it on their actual showings because Batman has been written like he's more than human. It takes skills for Wolverine to use his claws without killing his enemies, unless the opponents are just robots. And if you look for a martial artist who'll train you, i doubt it if you could keep up with Wolvie's training since there would be parts when only superhumans can do it. "
Actual showings or the things you've invented in your head without any proof? I know which one I'll go with.   Batman is who he is, he's peak human in every way. His feats are on par with other peak humans like Captain America. Just because Wolverine is capable of using his claws without killing (which he rarely does) doesn't make him better than Batman. Batman knows as many lethal strikes as Lady Shiva and he has never killed anyone using martial arts. He carries batarangs, an edged shuriken that could easily penetrate a human skull and he throws dozens of them on a daily basis without having ever killed or seriously maimed anyone, ever. Wolverine can't make the same claim. Furthermore, I can't recall Wolverine having ever been trained by a superhuman. As I've said I remember him being retrained in martial arts by Elektra but she is athlete/peak human. Most of the martial arts Logan learned in Japan were taught to him by human samurai. Whilst Wolverine's mutant healing factor could allow him to survive wounds that would kill Batman, that doesn't make him a better martial artist. A better martial artist is the one who avoids the hit, not the one who takes it on the chin. "
  What I'm trying to say is that Wolverine has superhuman reflexes because he is a mutant. Being retrained doesn't mean anything to Wolverine at all. Do you think Batman can jump from a 50 feet building gracefully? If he uses his gadgets, then yes. but that's not a problem with Wolvie.   according to wiki:   Wolverine's agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. Due to his healing factor's constant regenerative qualities, he can push his muscles beyond the limits of the human body without injury. "

Yeah so... and Batman has held up to Wonder Woman in a H2H... Logan wouldn't last 3 sec against Diana.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
  What I'm trying to say is that Wolverine has superhuman reflexes because he is a mutant. Being retrained doesn't mean anything to Wolverine at all. Do you think Batman can jump from a 50 feet building gracefully? If he uses his gadgets, then yes. but that's not a problem with Wolvie.   according to wiki:   Wolverine's agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. Due to his healing factor's constant regenerative qualities, he can push his muscles beyond the limits of the human body without injury. "
OMG, you did not just quota WIKI!?!?
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Undergroundgod
@rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:

Yeah so... and Batman has held up to Wonder Woman in a H2H... Logan wouldn't last 3 sec against Diana.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By rbysjti
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
OMG, you did not just quota WIKI!?!? "
not everything in wiki is wrong.

@Undergroundgod said:
Yeah so... and Batman has held up to Wonder Woman in a H2H... Logan wouldn't last 3 sec against Diana. "
How can he do that to a lightspeed WW if he's only human?

The question is who's better and Wolverine can perform better in martial arts than Batman.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@rbysjti said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:

@Undergroundgod said:
Yeah so... and Batman has held up to Wonder Woman in a H2H... Logan wouldn't last 3 sec against Diana. "
How can he do that to a lightspeed WW if he's only human?  The question is who's better and Wolverine can perform better in martial arts than Batman. "
Wiki may not be wrong all the time, but the part you're reading could be. If you want to know anything about a character it's best looking here. I red Sabertooth can lift 100+ tons and that put me off that site ever since.
Wonder Woman doesn't run, react at light speed. She maybe able to fly at light speed. 
And I think Bruce can. If you look at my post above, you'll see why.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By dane
@rbysjti: Nothing you're posting has any relevance to the martial arts skill of either of them. Clue train or bust, sunshine.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Undergroundgod
@rbysjti said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:

@Undergroundgod said:
How can he do that to a lightspeed WW if he's only human?  The question is who's better and Wolverine can perform better in martial arts than Batman. "

Because he is that good of a MA... I have never seen Wolverine use his so called MA in any comic... Logan is a brawler... Batman is a way better MA... Batman has never beat Diana but he has held up against her... Wolverine would be super monkey curbstomped in a matter of momments. Batman is the winner here... If Logan was just a Normal guy, like Batman he would get his ass kicked so bad here.
Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Definitely Batman is a superior fighter than Wolverine.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By rbysjti
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:

" @rbysjti said:

" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:

@Undergroundgod said:
Wiki may not be wrong all the time, but the part you're reading could be. If you want to know anything about a character it's best looking here. I red Sabertooth can lift 100+ tons and that put me off that site ever since.Wonder Woman doesn't run, react at light speed. She maybe able to fly at light speed.  And I think Bruce can. If you look at my post above, you'll see why. "
I don't see anything wrong with that statement i have quoted though. and you're example about Sabretooth is pretty obvious. 

When one is moves fast, you also react fast, though not necessarily at the same speed. You know why? cos if that would be the case, i think WW wouldn't  be able to see where she's going when moving at lightspeed. But correct me if  i'm wrong.",)

I did see an image when Batman couldn't even touch WW.

@Dane said:
" @rbysjti: Nothing you're posting has any relevance to the martial arts skill of either of them. Clue train or bust, sunshine. "

I was just giving a clear example. This is like a mermaid versus Michael Phelps in a swimming competition
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By ComicStooge

Batman...Wolvie gets floored by Daredevil.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dane
@rbysjti said:
"@Dane said:
" @rbysjti: Nothing you're posting has any relevance to the martial arts skill of either of them. Clue train or bust, sunshine. "
 I was just giving a clear example. This is like a mermaid versus Michael Phelps in a swimming competition "

Again, you misunderstand the different between physical attributes and trained skill. The inherent point of the thread is lost on you.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Undergroundgod

Batman can sneak up on Superman... The guy is like a Super Ninja lol... If wolverine was sneaking up on Clark he would be like... I smell beef jerky, and cheap cigerrets. And by the way he is walking I can tell he is short and canadian, at least thats what my ears are telling me... Batman can sneak up on THAT guy... That is a superpower right there, the man has skills... or he would not be the one of the most feared members of the JLA.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By rbysjti
@Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
"@Dane said:
 I was just giving a clear example. This is like a mermaid versus Michael Phelps in a swimming competition "
Again, you misunderstand the different between physical attributes and trained skill. The inherent point of the thread is lost on you. "
but the physical attributes Wolvie has makes him better as a martial artist.  They're both skilled but Wolvie has more advantage because of being a mutant. He can jump higher, more agile, etc.  Therefore he can perform martial arts better.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dane
@rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
"@Dane said:
Again, you misunderstand the different between physical attributes and trained skill. The inherent point of the thread is lost on you. "
but the physical attributes Wolvie has makes him better as a martial artist.  They're both skilled but Wolvie has more advantage because of being a mutant. He can jump higher, more agile, etc.  Therefore he can perform martial arts better. "

That's entirely incorrect. If physical attributes equaled fighting skill then people like Captain America, Elektra and Daredevil wouldn't be able to take Wolverine down in a straight fight. They have, consistently, and DD isn't even peak human.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By rbysjti
@Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
"@Dane said:
but the physical attributes Wolvie has makes him better as a martial artist.  They're both skilled but Wolvie has more advantage because of being a mutant. He can jump higher, more agile, etc.  Therefore he can perform martial arts better. "

That's entirely incorrect. If physical attributes equaled fighting skill then people like Captain America, Elektra and Daredevil wouldn't be able to take Wolverine down in a straight fight. They have, consistently, and DD isn't even peak human. "
oh, so are you telling me now that to know who is better in martial arts, they have to fight and whoever wins is better?  But if i have to answer your statement, i should say: Yes, Humans at peak level shouldn't be able to take Wolverine down. Wolvie has hyperkeen senses., aside from his great healing factor. There might be some that Wolvie might not be better, but he should be better by majority.

Wolvie has a better physical attritbute, he should  be able to execute and perform better than Batman.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By dane
@rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
"@Dane said:

That's entirely incorrect. If physical attributes equaled fighting skill then people like Captain America, Elektra and Daredevil wouldn't be able to take Wolverine down in a straight fight. They have, consistently, and DD isn't even peak human. "
oh, so are you telling me now that to know who is better in martial arts, they have to fight and whoever wins is better?  But if i have to answer your statement, i should say: Yes, Humans at peak level shouldn't be able to take Wolverine down. Wolvie has hyperkeen senses., aside from his great healing factor. There might be some that Wolvie might not be better, but he should be better by majority. Wolvie has a better physical attritbute, he should  be able to execute and perform better than Batman. "

A physical confrontation is usually how fights are decided, yes. Your baseless opinions simply don't match up with the reality of consistent results and examples that have been displayed over decades. In short, you're wrong and have nothing to add here. By your reasoning Spider-Man should be vastly superior to Wolverine in martial arts. Everyone knows that isn't the case. If you can bring up any instance where Logan has beat a top tier martial artist using his fighting skills, I'm willing to continue the debate. I'm not posting until then. Top martial artists in Marvel have consistently beaten Wolverine using fighting skills alone. The list includes Black Panther, Captain America, Daken, Elektra, Daredevil, Cable. Even Spider-Woman and Molly Hayes, an 11 year old girl have taken him down purely h2h. 

Batman steps to the best and wins, regardless of their powers. Prove otherwise or I'm done here.
RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By RavenDark

Batman possesses the knowledge of  a huge range of martial arts and uses them, in conjuncture, accordingly..... 
Wolverine does not....(mix his martial art, that is.....)

No Caption Provided

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Here's an example of Karate Kid, a normal being with no super strength against Superboy. Superboy, who has invulnerability. Because of Karate Kid's control which Batman has he is able to knock him down and not get hurt. Although Karate Kid has this, Batman is not on the same level of martial arts ability of Karate Kid. Having better physical attributes doesn't mean they are better martial arts wise. Bruce is better.

No Caption Provided
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By rbysjti
@Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
" @Dane said:
" @rbysjti said:
"@Dane said:

oh, so are you telling me now that to know who is better in martial arts, they have to fight and whoever wins is better?  But if i have to answer your statement, i should say: Yes, Humans at peak level shouldn't be able to take Wolverine down. Wolvie has hyperkeen senses., aside from his great healing factor. There might be some that Wolvie might not be better, but he should be better by majority. Wolvie has a better physical attritbute, he should  be able to execute and perform better than Batman. "
A physical confrontation is usually how fights are decided, yes. Your baseless opinions simply don't match up with the reality of consistent results and examples that have been displayed over decades. In short, you're wrong and have nothing to add here. By your reasoning Spider-Man should be vastly superior to Wolverine in martial arts. Everyone knows that isn't the case. If you can bring up any instance where Logan has beat a top tier martial artist using his fighting skills, I'm willing to continue the debate. I'm not posting until then. Top martial artists in Marvel have consistently beaten Wolverine using fighting skills alone. The list includes Black Panther, Captain America, Daken, Elektra, Daredevil, Cable. Even Spider-Woman and Molly Hayes, an 11 year old girl have taken him down purely h2h.   Batman steps to the best and wins, regardless of their powers. Prove otherwise or I'm done here. "

This is not about who has beaten them but make the situation realistic.  I would have said Batman in the first place because he is tall which is his advantage but  because Wolverine's has superhuman physical attributes, his being short doesn't make a disadvantage at all. Example: If Batman can reach the basketball ring, Wolvie though short because of his superhuman abilities, would be able to reach it too, perhaps even higher.

@Supreme Marvel said:
" Here's an example of Karate Kid, a normal being with no super strength against Superboy. Superboy, who has invulnerability. Because of Karate Kid's control which Batman has he is able to knock him down and not get hurt. Although Karate Kid has this, Batman is not on the same level of martial arts ability of Karate Kid. Having better physical attributes doesn't mean they are better martial arts wise. Bruce is better.

No Caption Provided
"
which shouldn't be the case because Superboy can't be hurt from a thousand kicks and punches of karate Kid.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@rbysjti said:
"@Supreme Marvel said:
" Here's an example of Karate Kid, a normal being with no super strength against Superboy. Superboy, who has invulnerability. Because of Karate Kid's control which Batman has he is able to knock him down and not get hurt. Although Karate Kid has this, Batman is not on the same level of martial arts ability of Karate Kid. Having better physical attributes doesn't mean they are better martial arts wise. Bruce is better.

No Caption Provided
"
which shouldn't be the case because Superboy can't be hurt from a thousand kicks and punches of karate Kid. "
I've just gave you evidence he can. You're not understanding it. Carefully places blows can hurt him. A person has pressure points, when they are hit with enough force, it will hurt that person. Batman knowns theses al to well and performed them on a number of occasions.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NightFang3  Online

Batman.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By saiyan_earthling

I give the vote to Bruce Wayne. Given that he is a more serious fighter, more disciplined, he trains very seriously, very determined, knows a lotta kiler moves like Shiva though he won't kill and he only looks to train with the best. 

Logan on the other hand, though he has lived longer and fought longer, always fought on animal instincts. He's more of an animal disguised as a human, and yes, Logan's more of a brawler.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By rbysjti
@Supreme Marvel said:

" @rbysjti said:

"@Supreme Marvel said:

No Caption Provided
"
which shouldn't be the case because Superboy can't be hurt from a thousand kicks and punches of karate Kid. "
I've just gave you evidence he can. You're not understanding it. Carefully places blows can hurt him. A person has pressure points, when they are hit with enough force, it will hurt that person. Batman knowns theses al to well and performed them on a number of occasions. "
The take a closer look on the picture. Karate Kid is not even hitting the pressure points.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#76  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Valkaad said:
" Wolverine has probably spent more time training/fighting than Batman has been alive. "
Ra's Al Ghul has spent more years training than the two of them have been alive put together and Batman can still beat him
Kataklysmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Kataklysmo

Batman

Kataklysmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Kataklysmo
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#79  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think Batman and Wolverine are equal in fighting skill.I think what gives Batman the slight edge his intellect and knowledge of other things that he can incorporate in his combat.I also think the Batman more so than Wolverine takes his fights seriously because he knows any slip up could cause him to get killed or injured...Wolverine doesn't have to worries.The lines get blurred when writers try and use Wolverine as a punching back and some feral idiot who can't fight.He uses his fighting skill alot more than people let on.They just try and boost other characters abilities in combat by using him.DC won't do that with Batman because he has an image of badassery to maintain.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MKF30
@NightFang said:
"Batman. "
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By beatboks1
@rbysjti said:

The founder of the martial art aikido(Morihei Ueshiba) was a frail man who suffered infirmety. he developed the art form to deal with this infirmety and despite being a small fail man dealing with sickness could defeat several young strong men at the age of 86. He was abke to throw three or four attackers genuaintely using all their force against him of him and to the ground at the same time. This one of many examples where a greater skill level compenstates for strength and power.
Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#82  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
@beatboks1:
Excellent point. Morihei Ueshiba  was well known for Aikido. I would like to say Batman because he's learnes like ovr 100 fighting styles, a fought opponites stronger and faster than him, and that I've read more about Batman than Wolverine. Still, Wolverine does have some Martial arts styles and fought for a long time. I gotta check on his entire history to learn more. But yeah. Batman FTW.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@rbysjti said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:

" @rbysjti said:

"@Supreme Marvel said:

No Caption Provided
"
I've just gave you evidence he can. You're not understanding it. Carefully places blows can hurt him. A person has pressure points, when they are hit with enough force, it will hurt that person. Batman knowns theses al to well and performed them on a number of occasions. "
The take a closer look on the picture. Karate Kid is not even hitting the pressure points. "
Like I said, carefully placed blow can hurt him. The second hit to the neck is a pressure point, the first hit is about control.

Control
 Control
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

batman
courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By courtney12490

Batman wins this. Wolverine is more about brute strength than actual skill level and finesse.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By slimj87d

Wolverine. He's lived much longer and has learned much more.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@SlimJ87D said:
" Wolverine. He's lived much longer and has learned much more. "
Like we said in other pages. Wolverine's lived longer than Karate Kid, and yet, he knows hundreds or thousands more than Wolverine. So that's out the window.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By slimj87d
@Vance Astro said:
" I think Batman and Wolverine are equal in fighting skill.I think what gives Batman the slight edge his intellect and knowledge of other things that he can incorporate in his combat.I also think the Batman more so than Wolverine takes his fights seriously because he knows any slip up could cause him to get killed or injured...Wolverine doesn't have to worries.The lines get blurred when writers try and use Wolverine as a punching back and some feral idiot who can't fight.He uses his fighting skill alot more than people let on.They just try and boost other characters abilities in combat by using him.DC won't do that with Batman because he has an image of badassery to maintain. "
Very well said my friend. This is exactly what I wanted to say.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By slimj87d
@Supreme Marvel said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

Like we said in other pages. Wolverine's lived longer than Karate Kid, and yet, he knows hundreds or thousands more than Wolverine. So that's out the window. "
Who knows about Karate Kid, he's from the 31 century. YOu know how much smarter people must be from the 31 century as compared to the 21s? Compare the 1st centruy to the 21st and there you go. 

Including that the Karate Kid gets has another 10 centuries of martial arts advancing. This explains why Karate Kid is at a level 15 compared to Batman who is at a lower level.

BTW, I kinda agree with Vance Astro, but I still think that WOlverine has a slighter edge in skill due to his long life in the same century like I said.
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#90  Edited By The_Warlord

Batman

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
Like we said in other pages. Wolverine's lived longer than Karate Kid, and yet, he knows hundreds or thousands more than Wolverine. So that's out the window. "
Who knows about Karate Kid, he's from the 21 century. YOu know how much smarter people must be from the 21 century as compared to the 21s? Compare the 1st centruy to the 21st and there you go.   Including that the Karate Kid gets has another 10 centuries of martial arts advancing. This explains why Karate Kid is at a level 15 compared to Batman who is at a lower level. "
How is that right? 1st to the 21st -=20 Centuries? It's 21st to the 31st = 10 centuries. He still managed to get within so many years of his life, thousands more than Wolverine did and is over a hundred years of life. And if he knowns all these martial arts, why does Wolverine always do the same thing? Head on, Batman does many things beside head on. Also if he knew all the martial arts, why does he almost always use his claws in a fight?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By slimj87d
@Supreme Marvel said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

" @Supreme Marvel said:

" @SlimJ87D said:
Who knows about Karate Kid, he's from the 21 century. YOu know how much smarter people must be from the 21 century as compared to the 21s? Compare the 1st centruy to the 21st and there you go.   Including that the Karate Kid gets has another 10 centuries of martial arts advancing. This explains why Karate Kid is at a level 15 compared to Batman who is at a lower level. "
How is that right? 1st to the 21st -=20 Centuries? It's 21st to the 31st = 10 centuries. He still managed to get within so many years of his life, thousands more than Wolverine did and is over a hundred years of life. And if he knowns all these martial arts, why does Wolverine always do the same thing? Head on, Batman does many things beside head on. Also if he knew all the martial arts, why does he almost always use his claws in a fight? "
My mistake, as I was playing COD, I had to edit my post a few times and didn't catch that. But nothing changes about my opinion.

If you want to know why, Vance Astro pretty much answered your question. It's the way writers choose to write Wolverine. Read the some good Wolverine issues and you'll understand him more than other writers just type casting him as an unskilled brute force maniac.

Don't you have a character you like that is not properly represented when other writers from other comics use him? It's like that.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@SlimJ87D said:
"My mistake, as I was playing COD, I had to edit my post a few times and didn't catch that. But nothing changes about my opnion. "
Yeah, done that before. However, you didn't answer my other questions. Yes they maybe smarter, but Bruce is smarter than Wolverine. And what Wolverine can accomplish in a year, Batman, with his resources and his intelligence could accomplish more.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By slimj87d
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
"My mistake, as I was playing COD, I had to edit my post a few times and didn't catch that. But nothing changes about my opnion. "
Yeah, done that before. However, you didn't answer my other questions. Yes they maybe smarter, but Bruce is smarter than Wolverine. And what Wolverine can accomplish in a year, Batman, with his resources and his intelligence could accomplish more. "
To me it's more about hands on. I believe Wolverine has fought 100s of more enemies and has had 100s of more different combat scenarios than Bruce.

Professors I have worked with are damn smart, but when it comes to hands on real experience they don't really know how to get a engine to actually work as well as some mechanics, machinist and specialist I know that just have a lot of hands on experience. This is just a slight analogy as to what I mean.

Realistically, Batman maybe has fought battles constantly for about 15 to 20 years max, Wolverine has been fighting one on one battles for 2 to 4 times as long as that. As much of a genius as Batman is, I just got to give it to Wolverine because of his years of experience. Batman has the potential to to surpass him sure, but he just hasn't reached that point yet.

Like I said, it's just my opinion, you are free to disagree no harm done to both parties.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
Yeah, done that before. However, you didn't answer my other questions. Yes they maybe smarter, but Bruce is smarter than Wolverine. And what Wolverine can accomplish in a year, Batman, with his resources and his intelligence could accomplish more. "
To me it's more about hands on. I believe Wolverine has fought 100s of more enemies and has had 100s of more different combat scenarios than Bruce.

Professors I have worked with are damn smart, but when it comes to hands on real experience they don't really know how to get a engine to actually work as well as some mechanics, machinist and specialist I know that just have a lot of hands on experience. This is just a slight analogy as to what I mean.

Realistically, Batman maybe has fought battles constantly for about 15 to 20 years max, Wolverine has been fighting one on one battles for 2 to 4 times as long as that. As much of a genius as Batman is, I just got to give it to Wolverine because of his years of experience. Batman has the potential to to surpass him sure, but he just hasn't reached that point yet.  Like I said, it's just my opinion, you are free to disagree no harm done to both parties. "
Like you said before, the difference why Karate Kid knows more, because people in that century are smarter, I don't believe they are necessarily smarter than Batman, with a few exceptions like Brainiac 5. Karate Kid is about 15-20 years old, and knows more. Batman in his age, as been battling 15-20 years worth, with his intelligence, being smarter than Karate Kid, as he proved in JLA/JSA: Lightning Saga, although he was sick, still outsmarted him to beat him, with help of course. I know in a one on one, Batman will lose to Karate Kid. That's because in his time as much more resources in martial arts than Batman. But that's nor more point. My point is that Batman is smarter than wolverine, has more resources than Wolverine therefore should, within his 15-20 years of martial arts training from the best, should know more and be better at it.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By slimj87d
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

Realistically, Batman maybe has fought battles constantly for about 15 to 20 years max, Wolverine has been fighting one on one battles for 2 to 4 times as long as that. As much of a genius as Batman is, I just got to give it to Wolverine because of his years of experience. Batman has the potential to to surpass him sure, but he just hasn't reached that point yet.  Like I said, it's just my opinion, you are free to disagree no harm done to both parties. "
Like you said before, the difference why Karate Kid knows more, because people in that century are smarter, I don't believe they are necessarily smarter than Batman, with a few exceptions like Brainiac 5. Karate Kid is about 15-20 years old, and knows more. Batman in his age, as been battling 15-20 years worth, with his intelligence, being smarter than Karate Kid, as he proved in JLA/JSA: Lightning Saga, although he was sick, still outsmarted him to beat him, with help of course. I know in a one on one, Batman will lose to Karate Kid. That's because in his time as much more resources in martial arts than Batman. But that's nor more point. My point is that Batman is smarter than wolverine, has more resources than Wolverine therefore should, within his 15-20 years of martial arts training from the best, should know more and be better at it. "
I agree with you on how Batman has more potential than Wolverine due to his genius level intellect. But I just don't think he has reached that point yet. I don't see any of Batman's rogues giving Wolverine trouble, but I can see a few of Wolverine's rogues giving Batman trouble.

Also, Wolverine isn't that dumb either, he knows like 7 languages, fixes cars, bikes and the blackbird on his spare time. He's pretty damn smart as well, maybe not as smart as Bruce, but I don't think Bruce is that much smarter than Wolverine in fighting skill to make that 15 to 20 years that drastic.

Batman is an overall Genius in many different fields like Black Panther, but to exceed Wolverine so far to the point where 15 to 20 years > 50 to 100 (need to double check), Nah, I really don't see Batman being that much smarter than Wolverine at fighting. Being smart in technology sense isn't going to boost his knowledge in martial arts skill.  

Maybe give Batman another 15 years and that will eclipse Wolverine's 50 to 100 years of fighting.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@SlimJ87D said:

"I agree with you on how Batman has more potential than Wolverine due to his genius level intellect. But I just don't think he has reached that point yet. I don't see any of Batman's rogues giving Wolverine trouble, but I can see a few of Wolverine's rogues giving Batman trouble."

That's because Wolverine has a healing factor Batman doesn't. So we he gets damage like this.
No Caption Provided

He can heal from it. That's why the wouldn't give him much trouble. However, Batman's villains are intelligent, they can out smart him to win. 

"Also, Wolverine isn't that dumb either, he knows like 7 languages, fixes cars, bikes and the blackbird on his spare time. He's pretty damn smart as well, maybe not as smart as Bruce."

As you said in your own post, not a smart as Bruce, Bruce can design all these and more. Bruce knows many languages also. Fix many things, but, Bruce can build things from scratch, bat plane, bat car etc. Never see Wolverine do anything like that.

"but I don't think Bruce is that much smarter than Wolverine in fighting skill to make that 15 to 20 years that drastic. Batman is an overall Genius in many different fields like Black Panther, but to exceed Wolverine so far to the point where 15 to 20 years > 50 to 100 (need to double check), Nah, I really don't see Batman being that much smarter than Wolverine at fighting."

So what you're saying Bruce can't outsmart Wolverine? Bruce can do in a year what some couldn't in their lifetime. Wolverine isn't dumb, I know that but he's no where near the level that Bruce is. Bruce in a fight would have thought of many scenarios compared to what Wolverine would have using his greater intelligence.

"Being smart in technology sense isn't going to boost his knowledge in martial arts skill.    Maybe give Batman another 15 years and that will eclipse Wolverine's 50 to 100 years of fighting."

Never said it would help him, he wouldn't need that, as I explained in the section above. I respectively disagree with him needing 15 years. He's accomplished more in his life time than Wolverine has in his. And what I believe, also in martial arts knowledge.

Wolverine, not being on Bruce's intellectual level is a big factor. Bruce could easily find someone one his own, while Wolverine would usually go to someone at the Avengers or X-Mansion. Cutting the time period for Bruce's advantage.
Terran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Terran

1) Why  has this thread gone on for so long  
2) Batman
FallenAnvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By FallenAnvil

Batman.

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Lokheit

Wolverine has learned from martial arts masters from both China and Japan for around 100 years of live. He is a trained and skilled samurai and knows a lot of styles that Batman doesn't have enough time on his live to learn, so my vote goes to wolverine.