Who in the Warhammer 40k universe can kill Vampire Hunter D?

PWong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PWong

D is dropped into W40k, how far does he get before being killed?

No fleets are allowed to destroy whatever planet he's on, everything else is fair game.

Bonus question: All of the Nobility is dropped into WH40k, what happens?
Round 1: During the Horus Heresy
Round 2: Current

No Caption Provided
Nitefall87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

40k current? Or Horus characters?

PWong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did a quick read since I know next to nothing about this guy.

Round 1: Based on what I read, nothing short of a primarch or Malcador can stop this guy. His powers are insanely hax and he has a lot of abilities that can decimate entire legions of space marines. If worse comes to worse, the emperor of man before fighting horus would definitely stop him.

Round 2: Yeaaaaah I don't see anyone or anything taking on this guy in the current 40k. Maybe if you lob like two dozen void grenades at him? Or if the emperor stops powering the astronomicon and holding back the daemons in the webway of terra and focuses all his psychic power into sending the vamp humter into the warp for the chaos gods to feast upon.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standard D? Like......alot of people really. I can't see him beating a tank like Kharn, or someone with the sheer hax of Ahriman or Iskandar Khayon

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: There's a standard D? The vampire hunter D I read about had stuff like reality warping and resitance to even molecular manipulation. So that D was wanked or buffed?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshtaku said:

@decaf_wizard: There's a standard D? The vampire hunter D I read about had stuff like reality warping and resitance to even molecular manipulation. So that D was wanked or buffed?

I mean, 40k is just outright crazy with some of its upper tier characters. Kharn was blending living saints in melee and has stacked resistances to any and all magic, Ahriman casting galaxy level rituals and disassembling people on an atomic level, and Khayon keeping a deck of tarot cards with Greater Daemons bound to them that he uses like Yugi Muto

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Yes, I am well aware of how crazy warhammer is but seriously the guy came back from being turned into a puddle of water. Forgive me if I seem like I'm exaggerating since I really only read and knew about this vamp hunter guy an hour ago. But from what I did read, I think only time stop or getting sucked into the warp would take him out.

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SWA2point0

@joshtaku: Being turned into a puddle of water, matters little in a universe, where the nades you just listed split reality into two

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swa2point0: Yeah that's why I am fairly confident he won't survive void grenades (unless someone proves me wrong). I also read that he destroyed a wormhole just by slashing it? I really have no idea about the character enough to make an educated opinion. So, for now I stand by what I said that time stop and void grenades will put an end to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshtaku said:

@decaf_wizard: Yes, I am well aware of how crazy warhammer is but seriously the guy came back from being turned into a puddle of water. Forgive me if I seem like I'm exaggerating since I really only read and knew about this vamp hunter guy an hour ago. But from what I did read, I think only time stop or getting sucked into the warp would take him out.

Except Ahriman is going to not just turn him into a puddle, but turn his soul into little shreddies as well. Kharn's axe is just going to consume his soul and Khayon will bind him in layers upon layers of sorceries until he can't do anything

These guys aren't even as scary as somebody like Abbadon, who has a sword that is literally the concept of murder given physical form and is said to cut through reality as easily as a normal blade would cut through smoke

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoshTaku

@joshtaku said:

Except Ahriman is going to not just turn him into a puddle, but turn his soul into little shreddies as well. Kharn's axe is just going to consume his soul and Khayon will bind him in layers upon layers of sorceries until he can't do anything

These guys aren't even as scary as somebody like Abbadon, who has a sword that is literally the concept of murder given physical form and is said to cut through reality as easily as a normal blade would cut through smoke

Okay thanks for reminding me about what the axe can do. But I keep coming back to the whole getting sucked into the warp thing. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing a cold and stoic character getting experimented on by Nurgle, their face getting distorted to show the most horrid of expressions.

On a side note, do you think if abbadon's black crusade came across a tyranid hive fleet like the one that invaded ultramar (or was it macrage) would he fare much like the ultramarines did or better or worse?

PWong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshtaku said:

I think he meant whether or not D had the Akashic Records, which is a sort of reality warping (possibly) multiversal mcguffin he briefly had in one novel that he used to rewrite the events of that same novel from ever happening. He doesn't have it in either round though.
D is a strange character to use in battles since he's pretty high tier in some areas (though he gets wanked frequently) but physically he's somewhere in the upper mid tiers like Spawn or Ghost Rider.
I'd say his biggest advantage is being able cut negate most, if not possibly all kinds of variations of regeneration, to the extent that even holograms and illusions can't reform themselves if they're cut by him.