#151 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio
#152 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the version of Superman.

Current versions would be Hulk > Superman >= Thor

Pre/Post Crisis Superman beats out Hulk tho. Thor is always at the bottom.

#153 Edited by DayWalker98 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk was enough to beat shot a guy who didn't even feel the combined power of F.F., X-Men and The Avengers when unleashing his full power and this Hulk is not held back nor restrained by Banner. He didn’t destroy it all at once he was ripping it to pieces

The Psionic Armor exists in 3 different dimensions at the same time. It exists in the Astral Plane, Hyperspace, and the Prime Material Plane (Earth Dimension).

It was that combo of dimensional energy that basically kod unleashed Savage Hulk when that Hulk shattered the armor.

Hulk also has destroyed HE armor witch even H.E thought no one else could destroy his armor besides hulk. Even galactus couldn’t get through that armor. H.E fight with galactus was pretty cool. Granted the fight did not last that long but those energy beams didn’t do any damage. Also granted it took hulk an hour to do it but that was early savage hulk who is still the same as our current and is vastly stronger than ever.

There’s a reason ever since he was created he was called at the mightiest mortal on earth who can trade punches with certain gods and cosmic characters

#154 Posted by Kirkseven (2660 posts) - - Show Bio
#155 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@kirkseven: He has plenty of feats outside of scaling, but yes a lot of it is scaling.

#156 Posted by BruceRogers (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

@kirkseven: Back in the day, Hulk eventually punched through and overpowered the Stranger's field of kinetic energy that could change the orbit of a planet. Take it as you will.

#157 Posted by TonyMartial (9206 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman , not freaking close.

#158 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio

@kirkseven: Back in the day, Hulk eventually punched through and overpowered the Stranger's field of kinetic energy that could change the orbit of a planet. Take it as you will.

thats a cool feat

#159 Posted by Kirkseven (2660 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo: scaling can be slightly tricky at times, but normally it's fine.

All of them should be in the same ball park anyway I'd say.

#160 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo: scaling can be slightly tricky at times, but normally it's fine.

All of them should be in the same ball park anyway I'd say.

dude who is this in your profile pic ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b60e7cb512
#161 Posted by deactivated-5c0b60e7cb512 (1483 posts) - - Show Bio
#162 Posted by NiteLite (2525 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with mjolnir.

#163 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#164 Posted by Kirkseven (2660 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by ginman333 (3036 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is obvious...its.......

#166 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio
#167 Posted by Perethorn (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

Vodka hits the hardest

#168 Posted by diydeath (2461 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on which version we're using for each character.

WBH hits harder than N52 Superman and both are inferior to RKT.

But that changes if we use bronze age Superman vs Grey Hulk vs Unworthy Thor.

#169 Posted by jay_z94 (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
@pipxeroth said:

@supermanthor: Not much to explain really. A few years ago you could consider them all roughly on the same level, but especially since Pak started writing Hulk has steadily pulled ahead of the other two. He has consistently better feats than either, and while it's a bit more difficult to compare Supes and Hulk, there are a number of super clear examples of Hulk just being above Thor, for example one shotting the barrier in Secret Empire that Thor could barely dent with an all out attack.

Well Thor does have his feat of cracking planets with the shockwaves of his hammer blows, so this is still very much debatable.

Regarding Secret Empire: First of all, that was with Jarnbjorn, so it shouldn't really matter as Thor's best striking feats are with Mjolnir. Secondly, when Thor dented the wall it might have weakened it for Hulk to one-shot it.

In my opinion, this whole debate is still very close with no clear winners.

He cracked one Moon, after repeated blows that where taking such a toll on his body his fingers where cracking and muscles were tearing.

This is false. It said that Worlds were shattering around him. We see the Moon in the distance, but we also see the planet below them cracking:

There is actually no indication that Hulk one-shot through the same wall that Thor was hitting with Janjborn, in fact Tony made it quite clear Thor doesn't have the strength to do it. He purposefully mentions the word strength and literally 2 pages later Hulk appears and while Tony was completely unbothered by Thor attacking the wall he literally had an "oh shit" face when Hulk appeared and one-shot through it. I think the intent of the comic was pretty clear as in portraying who was the superior person for the job.

Seeing as I haven't fully read Secret Empire, I'll take your word for it. However, this is still Thor without Mjolnir, therefore we cannot say that Hulk strikes harder than Thor with Mjolnir.

I would say under normal circumstances the striking would go.

Thor > Superman=Hulk.

But in the last few years, probably even a decade, Hulk has pulled away and taken the lead as he has just been overall more impressive and more consistent than the other 2.

I still don't see how Hulk has pulled away in that regards. Personally, If I had to choose I'd sway towards current Hulk having the highest striking power. But this is still very debatable.

#170 Posted by jay_z94 (8268 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't his best striking feat destroying a Moon? I haven't seen any striking feats from Superman that put him above Hulk or Thor.

#171 Posted by Stormdriven (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

With Mjolnir, Thor

#172 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio
#173 Posted by jay_z94 (8268 posts) - - Show Bio
#174 Posted by boogie123 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@daywalker98:

Are you talking about Onslaught? Because that would be dumb. Cyclops cracked the same armor FFS.

Quicksilver has shredded HE armor.

Hulk is in good company there.

@brucerogers

Even Power Girl has (Who was explicitly weaker than even Byrne Superman) powered through a quasar and pulled several heroes with her.

Hulk is just puny compared to that.

#175 Edited by XLR87T3 (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:
@tonymartial said:

Isn't his best striking feat destroying a Moon? I haven't seen any striking feats from Superman that put him above Hulk or Thor.

Destroying the moon without any amps or weapons is better than both of them by feats.

Thor with mjolnir is above all heralds in power

#176 Edited by BruceRogers (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

@boogie123:

Even Power Girl has (Who was explicitly weaker than even Byrne Superman) powered through a quasar and pulled several heroes with her.

Hulk is just puny compared to that.

Sorry but parroting Motifian's terrible arguments isn't going to change my mind here - you'll need to do better than that. She was nowhere near the core of the quasar for it to matter. It's hardly quantifiable for it to mean anything of note.

And please remind me why she or her feat of pulling through something is relevant in a thread discussing striking strength that doesn't even feature her?

#177 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: This is false. It said that Worlds were shattering around him. We see the Moon in the distance, but we also see the planet below them cracking:

Nothing i said was false. First of all i am not interested in obvious hyperbole made to make things seem more epic then they are. The narratio said "worlds are shattering" but that does not literally mean planets/moons around them are blowing up, in fact nowhere is this shown ON PANEL.

What we do see is a distant Moon showing a comparatively small crack on its side

No Caption Provided

after at least half a dozen repeated blows for it to justify the hyperbole of "worlds shattering"

On top of that the "world" Thor and Gorr where fighting on that showed a crack as well was another Moon, as Gorr fell on it earlier as well

No Caption Provided

And the only thing we see from it cracking is one single chasm that was directly below them

No Caption Provided

There is no indication that the rest of the Moon was in any jeopardy from falling apart, certainly it would be quite a leap in logic to assume as such since we get to see nothing else but this single panel from it.

And finally as i stated already, his fingers were cracking and muscles tearing with each swing.

No Caption Provided

He was literally going beyond his limits here.

Seeing as I haven't fully read Secret Empire, I'll take your word for it. However, this is still Thor without Mjolnir, therefore we cannot say that Hulk strikes harder than Thor with Mjolnir.

You don't need to take my word for it, read it yourself, the issue you are looking for is Secret Empire #6. Never said it was, however it is an indication that Hulk does strike harder than Thor with at least one other OP Uru weapon.

I still don't see how Hulk has pulled away in that regards. Personally, If I had to choose I'd sway towards current Hulk having the highest striking power. But this is still very debatable.

By one-shotting and almost killing a high-tier. I am also confused by your statement here, you don't get how Hulk pulled away but at the same time you would pick current Hulk as having the highest striking power?

#178 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@daywalker98:

Are you talking about Onslaught? Because that would be dumb. Cyclops cracked the same armor FFS.

Quicksilver has shredded HE armor.

Hulk is in good company there.

I am genuinely impressed by the fact that you find new ways to embarrass yourself on this site each day. Yes Cyclopsed damaged Onslaughts armor, as well.

The problem is the Onslaught Cyclops damaged was a MUCH weaker version that hasn't even mastered Xaviers and Magnetos powers, let alone taken in Nate and Franklin Richards like the later version. This is why the later version slapped Juggernaut from one country to another knocking him out and ripping off his Cyttorak Gem. As well as tanked the combined powers of all of Earths heroes, including Thor who was in Warrior Madness at the time. And Hulk didn't simply just damage his armor, he completely destroyed his physically form punching through reality as well which ended up separating him and Bruce into 2 bodies.

In fact this whole thing is confirmed by Marvels bio book

No Caption Provided

Seriously could you be anymore blatantly butthurt over Hulks character?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#179 Posted by termiteone4ever (12795 posts) - - Show Bio

This is again.

Superman hits harder due to having his speed behind it. Its kind of silly how anyone could argue this. First off people are arguing who is stronger Superman Thor or the Hulk. Superman is stronger / Doesn't matter how mad the hulks gets. Superman gets angry as well and there is always sunlight (facts). Thor is last on this list he is slower than the Hulk and uses a weapon. With speed behind the punch from someone as strong as Superman, he could defeat anyone here easily. Superman doesn't hit with everything he has with the intention to kill.

Now Thor with his hammer does he harder than the Hulk. When he is using all his might to kill.

#180 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

Having speed behind your hits is irrelevant here, feats as in the end result is what matters, if anything it means Superman only hits as hard as Hulk and Thor because of his super speed, while they are much slower yet are able to compete with him just fine with their punches, so good job making an argument for why Superman needs super speed to compete in the striking department with these 2 guys. There was barely an argument on who is stronger, most people know that Hulk is stronger. Superman can get angry all he wants but his anger does not amp him, Hulks anger on the other hand does amp him and there is always gamma(facts), whatever that means. Superman has hit with the intention to kill on multiple occasions most famously he one-shot WW with a punch meant to kill and even by WW own admission he could kill her with 3 hits, Hulk needed only 1 hit to almost kill Thor.

Every time i wish i had a dunce-bot 3000 translator for this guy.

#181 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo: Actually Superman was not trying to kill Wonder Woman in the instance when the fight is shown from Supermans perspective, he said he wanted "him to Suffer", though they "barely held back" and "nearly killed each other" this stuff was directly stated or paraphrased on the panels.

#182 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: The end result is the same really. I mean Hulk wasn't either actually trying to kill Thor, or the rest, even though he nearly did.

#183 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo: I never compared his striking with Hulks, I was just telling you that saying Supermans was trying to kill her with that punch is a false statement. He would have killed her eventually but not in that moment. Thor is also more durable than Diana.

#184 Posted by destinyman75 (14224 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with mjolnir obviously

#185 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: I know you haven't. I DID, it's the whole point of my argument. He wasn't actively trying to kill her, but he wasn't holding back either and came close to actually killing her, so really not much difference. Yes i know Thor is more durable than Diana, making the whole thing even more impressive for Hulk, which was MY point, in that OTHER post.

#186 Posted by RisingBean (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:
@jay_z94 said:

@erkan12: Regardless of who hits harder, Hulk punching Wolverine definitely does not prove he hits harder than Superman lol

It's just a good explanation by someone who has an Adamantium skeleton and a healing factor, I know it doesn't prove Hulk hits harder.

But this might;

No Caption Provided

Knocking Juggernaut out with two punches.

Incredible Hulk 404

You might want to actually read the comic, before bullshitting feats from it. Hulk didn't KO Juggernaut in two punches.

First off lets look at the first page in full.

No Caption Provided

The context here is that the Juggernaut had beaten the Hulk up a few issues prior, the Red Skull had Mesmero create illusions to more or less control the Hulk and during a fight with some Avengers, those illusions broke down. It took two punches to knock off Juggernaut's helmet, and put him on the ground (both nice feats, but nowhere near winning), and Hulk's shattering of the mind control created an omnidirectional backlash. Hence why we see the Avengers, minus Vision KO'ed.

And another look at the other cropped page. This one Vision conveniently explains what happens in the panel just under where it was cropped.

No Caption Provided

This is the type of disingenuous nonsense that battle board moderators should be hammering down on. How can we have legitimate debate when people use feats ignorant of the context, or by misrepresenting them intentionally. Either you pulled the scans without having read the issue, or you cropped them to intentionally misrepresent. Either way you should be ashamed.

#187 Posted by TheKinfing (11732 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me Thor's best striking feats, Gorr notwithstanding? Like sure it's quantifiably better than anything Hulk or Superman have done, but when you have to argue your character literally tear his tendons apart to appear superior then something is clearly wrong.

#188 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo: He wasn't holding back but he wasn't trying to kill her in that instant. That was my point. My point was to tell you that Superman did that without intending to kill (the exact statement from the panel is "We held back, barely" & "We nearly killed each other") unlike what you said in the post. A lot of people overlook this, especially Wonder Woman fans.

#189 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: Actually he might have intended to kill her, now that i went back and read it, an argument can be made. You don't punch someone that hard without realizing the possible consequences of said hit, especially seeing as it's confirmed they nearly killed each other. I mean it's hard to argue against it, when he saw WW as Doomsday and he thought Doomsday just killed Lois he was beyond angry, there is little to no argument to make of him not wanting Doomsday(who was actually WW) dead.

#190 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo: Wonder Woman made the statement that they nearly killed each other. Superman said He didn't intend to kill her with that hit as he said so. That's it. He wanted him to suffer first. That's why he did not kill her. The whole reason for him not killing her was because Lois was dead and he wanted him (DD) to Suffer.

#191 Edited by Erkan12 (8391 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean said:
It took two punches to knock off Juggernaut's helmet, and put him on the ground (both nice feats, but nowhere near winning),

It says this.

Then blames me for misrepresenting it... :)))

You must realize that, even WWH failed to remove Juggs helmet with one punch, or dropping him on his knees with a punch even as of his WWH state, this alone enough to say that was one of the best punches Hulk ever had. Those two punches were more powerful than the WWH's punches.

You must be ashamed for blaming other people for your bias attitude.

#192 Posted by Virtuozzo (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: We can't really say that for certain, the punch was powerful enough to knock out WW cold and sent her flying from Sun to Earth, a punch like that can kill, he had several pages of making "DD" suffer. So like i said an argument can be made for it. And this is where i am gonna leave it as this just goes into back and forth territory of repeating the same.

#193 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@virtuozzo:

We can't really say that for certain, the punch was powerful enough to knock out WW cold and sent her flying from Sun to Earth,

Actually, we can, based on the on panel evidence. Saying the contrary, however, is going against the "evidence provided" and relying on assumptions which is not objective debating.

a punch like that can kill, he had several pages of making "DD" suffer.

A lot of people sure. It didn't kill Wonder Woman though. It only KOD her for an instant, then she was brought back by the heat of reentry, Wonder Woman herself has stated it would take 3 hits from an all-out Superman to kill her, making the showing consistent with her previous statements.

So like i said an argument can be made for it.

I wouldn't call that argument great.

And this is where i am gonna leave it as this just goes into back and forth territory of repeating the same.

Sure. Like I said it doesn't affect your argument in any way, Hulks striking feat is better as he did it to Thor. I was just pointing out "one thing".

#194 Posted by RisingBean (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:
@risingbean said:
It took two punches to knock off Juggernaut's helmet, and put him on the ground (both nice feats, but nowhere near winning),

It says this.

Then blames me for misrepresenting it... :)))

You must realize that, even WWH failed to remove Juggs helmet with one punch, or dropping him on his knees with a punch even as of his WWH state, this alone enough to say that was one of the best punches Hulk ever had. Those two punches were more powerful than the WWH's punches.

You must be ashamed for blaming other people for your bias attitude.

They are nice feats.

You represented it as a KO, when that isn't the case.

Indeed. see point number 1. Prof Hulk did some cool stuff.

Why would I be ashamed for calling you out for misrepresenting a feat? You did so out of ignorance or malice, depending on if you've read the issue in question and neither are good. Any feat you bring forth is now suspect. Anything I haven't read, I can't take you for your word on. How am I to know if you cropped out the context? Don't be disingenuous. If the feats are misrepresented we can't have a legitimate debate.

#195 Posted by Stormdriven (17851 posts) - - Show Bio
#196 Posted by RedHeathen (2241 posts) - - Show Bio
#197 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio
#198 Posted by Lan_Fan (13107 posts) - - Show Bio
#199 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio
#200 Posted by jagernutt (16331 posts) - - Show Bio

With mjolnir definitely Thor.