Who hits harder; Saitama or Wonder Woman?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Poll Who hits harder; Saitama or Wonder Woman? (201 votes)

Saitama 58%
Wonder Woman 35%
Both are equally impressive 7%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • This is purely comparing Saitama and Wonder Woman's striking power. Not lifting strength or who would win in a fight.
  • Manga/Anime Saitama. Pre/Post Flashpoint Wonder Woman.
  • No databook or guidebook statements for Saitama. Only feats are allowed as evidence.
 • 
brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Well I dont see Diana being called one punch woman...

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

But serious answer?. I dunno.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wonder woman is comparable to superman who posses striking strength much greater than Saitama (going by feats)

vooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vooon

Oh boy, here comes the Saitama wankers...

If only confirmed feats are allowed then Diana wins this by a good margin as her striking power is comparable to Superman, Doomsday and such.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Saitama

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vooon: @unlimited1: Diana's Strength is comparable to Superman but The OP limits it to striking feats only. What striking feats does WW have? Who has she KOed? What has she destroyed?

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Unlimited1
vooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vooon
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Wonder Woman really has no striking feats that don't revolve around scaling. Atleast on Saitama's level

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unlimited1: Superman has been hurt by much less then a supernova on a consistent basis. In fact he was KOed by busting a moon. So if OPM is planetary then he can hurt Supes also.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/superman-165/could-superman-bust-a-planet-1517629/

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vooon: Against Supergirl: Was that the only punch? And it shows a small crater being made. Not overly impressive.

Doomsday: she used a sword for most of the attacks. Not punches.

Superman: Superman consistent blunt durability is below planetary. So being able to hurt Superman is something OPM should be able to replicate.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wonder Woman best striking feat is backhanding Batman with Superman powers from Earth's Orbit to the Moon.

Saitama hits harder.

vooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vooon
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@p00ty:

1. No it's not, I posted another scan about the fight. I don't believe enviromental damage means much in this situation, Wonder Woman was restraining herself and, as a side note, the comic is rather tame and lazy about these kind of things, it focuses on the characters and the backgrounds are treated like... backgrounds. Truth is she overwhelmed Supergirl without having much of a trouble and defeated her by full KO. Supergirl is on the same level as Superman.
  2. Uh, this could be debatable but you gotta admit that Doomsday's durability is insane, it's probably even higher than Superman's and the blade still counts as striking strength, the energy dealt by Diana is the same but delivered in a smaller area (OP never specified ''punches only'').
  3. That's just wrong. We could argue that he is regularly hurt by beings of his own power level but he is definitely not under planetary level... He is most likely Planet+, actually.
P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vooon: @vooon: Supergirl is NOT Superman durability level. WW has KOed Supergirl with ease but has never done that to Superman. WW has never hit someone or something so hard that planets shook or were destroyed etc. Superman, Thor, Hulk has those kinds of feats. WW does not to my knowledge.

WW sword has magic properties . And just because she pierced DD doesn't mean she can punch through him. Plus New 52 DD is nowhere near HP DD or Pre 52 versions. Superman literally ripped him to pieces. Previous versions beat the crap out of Supes.

Who are some Superman foes that can destroy planets or moons with a punch? I only recall Zod doing it.

Even if Superman does have planetary durability. WW has never KOed him which puts her punches below planet level.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Depends what more impressive Saitama's shockwaves that always occur or Whose WW has made bleed.

vooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vooon

Supergirl IS on the same durability level as Superman, at least in this universe. Diana was restraining herself during the fight and she managed to get a complete KO against her anyway; yes, she never fought Superman seriously through these comics but the evidences are there; she overwhelmed a bloodlusted Superman with ease by stunning him repeatedly: Superman had the intent to kill Diana while she was buying him time to regain his consciousness. Diana is equal to Superman, actually, Parasite stated that she was phisically stronger than him so I don't know what's your point here.

The sword, sure, has some magical properties but none of them could have influenced Diana's fight against Doomsday. "And just because she pierced DD doesn't mean she can punch through him." I agreed with that before you pointed it out; but still, piercing through DD with or without a blade it's nothing to laugh at. Now please, don't bring up Pre-52 versions to reinforce your argument because they would literally sneeze Saitama out of existence.

Why would Diana ever want to bust a planet? Yes, Superman never did it in these comics but it doesn't mean he couldn't. By your same logic nor could Saitama, and he would be a Multicontinental threat. And you can't bring out Boros about this because he is way weaker than Zod, he was on Planet level just with his last-spark cannon (kinda like saiyan saga Vegeta); meanwhile, Diana could beat Zod hand-to-hand and she effortlessy knocked out Zaora with a single punch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama for all intents and purposes. WW's raw physical striking power is a joke amongst seasoned high tiers and despite her ''skills'' she has nothing to say otherwise. Hell a random GL can fix a planets tectonic plates. I've never seen Diana do that, or come anywhere close to it with her physicals.

No Caption Provided

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vooon: If Supergirl or Superman are on the same level then show her surviving super novas or exploding moons or black holes etc.

WW didn't hurt Superman with her punches. She hurt him with an ear clap that produces vertigo by harming your ear drum. And by slicing his throat with a magic tiara. But her fist punches only slowed him down briefly. And she said that she was BARELY holding back. And she still couldn't KO him not keep him down with striking power.

I don't care what version of WW you choose. Use composite. I never said who wins. I just wanna see WW punching feats. So far you've shown her KO Supergirl who by feats is no-where near Supes durability. You showed her stabbing DD which is a piercing feat not a striking feat. You showed her knocking Supes around. Not KOing him. Not beating him. Just knocking him around. If not for the tiara, Supes was winning.

Superman nor Thor WANTED to bust planets but did as a side effect of battle.

WW beats people because she is faster and more skilled. But this thread is purely about striking power. So far the only person she defeated by hitting is Supergirl.

But I'll look myself and post anything noteworthy.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DeathHero61

Wonder Woman has practically no striking feats of note that aren't related to potency, which apparently isn't good enough for some people

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Lvenger
@deathhero61 said:

Wonder Woman has practically no striking feats of note that aren't related to potency, which apparently isn't good enough for some people

I guessed that would be the crux of the debate. Saitama's striking power feats include both destructive potency and powerful opponents whereas Wonder Woman's are mostly to do with hurting durable people. Her best striking feat of potency is punching Batman with Superman's powers from Earth's orbit to the moon and that is at best on par with Boros' Meteoric Burst kick on Saitama.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana is more about skill and items than purely physicals. Her best feat is punching Batman from orbit to Moon in Post Crisis and striking Supergirl through hills in 52 while Saitama operates at those levels of power.

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman has no quantifiable striking feats. She can hurt other powerhouses, but comic powerhouses really have no consistent level of power and you could find plenty of issues where they operate at a tier Saitama would one-shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama and I feel like the striking difference is quite noticeable for both versions of diana.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Saitama but he's not beating WW either way.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman is comparable to superman who posses striking strength much greater than Saitama (going by feats)

nowhere near superman level in terms of raw strenght. (going by feats)

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: you may be correct, Supermans DURABILITY is far above Saitama's striking strength and she beated him multiple times, so she scales.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Supermanforever

@unlimited1 said:

@supermanforever: you may be correct, Supermans DURABILITY is far above Saitama's striking strength and she beated him multiple times, so she scales.

she has never "beated him" outside pis ofc. WW has not strenght or durability even remotely close to superman.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Unlimited1
P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: @unlimited1:

1) The first scan isn't Supes fighting WW.

2) Superman wasn't in his right mind. He was fighting like mindless Doomsday.

3) It literally says that Superman is weakened and diminished.

She's never beaten Supes when Supes is in his right mind and full power

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes many MANY punches for WW to hurt Superman. Even in the scans shown she has NEVER knocked him out. Her victories over Superman are NOT because of striking power. It's her tiara and lasso that defeated Superman.

With enough punches from Saitaima as shown in post 24.... those punches would hurt Superman more then WW punches have.

This is NOT a fighting contest. It's a PUNCHING contest. So far, OPM has better feats.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Supermanforever

@p00ty said:

@supermanforever: @unlimited1:

1) The first scan isn't Supes fighting WW.

2) Superman wasn't in his right mind. He was fighting like mindless Doomsday.

3) It literally says that Superman is weakened and diminished.

She's never beaten Supes when Supes is in his right mind and full power

she also used kryptonite or she would have been in the sun in maxwell story which many people disclaim for some reason. Those scans are crap however. Without piss and feminism Superman beats wonder woman nearly everytime.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

Saitama it is.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
LORDSHEPHERD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

I didn't pay much attention to it, but wasn't there a writer confirmation that Saitama is Star level? That was around the time I wasn't on this site much, so I don't really know what that was about.

@lordshepherd123 Superman survived because he wasn't in the dead centre of the explosion. he was only around it, still pretty impressive I think.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...comic powerhouses really have no consistent level of power and you could find plenty of issues where they operate at a tier Saitama would one-shot.

Not true at all. That's going too far.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@highaccuser said:

...comic powerhouses really have no consistent level of power and you could find plenty of issues where they operate at a tier Saitama would one-shot.

I'd say that is pretty accurate. For instance, Diana was struggling with street level assassins on multiple occasions during her rebirth run and was even tagged by bullet

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Supermanforever

@supermanforever: It was a mistake, this is the scan http://imgur.com/a/GE0Px

another useless reference were supes is mindcontrolled, wonder woman escaped by using kryptonite or she would have been dead, wonder woman killing maxwell to free superman because he was about killing her. try again

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@highaccuser said:

I'd say that is pretty accurate. For instance, Diana was struggling with street level assassins on multiple occasions during her rebirth run and was even tagged by bullet

Anyone can get "tagged" by a bullet. Maybe she was distracted. And I doubt that she was struggling with assassins. More like holding back massively.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Unlimited1

@supermanforever: did you miss the part when she kicked him and cut his neck?

And superman was bloodlusted, it may have made him stronger, and it certainly didnt weaken his durability

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama. Wonder woman has little to no striking feats besides punching other superheroes, which is impossible to calculate properly. I can't see her busting a canyon sized hole in a moutain with just the air pressure of her punch, or jumping from moon to earth in seconds with nothing but leg power. Sorry I just don't. She just lacks the feats to do that.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: @unlimited1: Kryptonite does lower his Strength and his durability. The kick knocked him down just like Namor knocked Thanos down. Then she cut his neck. He didn't pass out. He didn't bleed to death. He didn't need medical attention.

Wonder Woman is strong enough to hurt Superman to a degree but not enough to defeat him. Also, whenever she briefly gets the upper hand it's due to kryptonite or weapons. Never by her own power.

neoman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tho not anywehere as impressive as he gets credit for, i believe saitama is stronger than any version of wonder woman TBH.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Supermanforever

@unlimited1 said:

@supermanforever: did you miss the part when she kicked him and cut his neck?

And superman was bloodlusted, it may have made him stronger, and it certainly didnt weaken his durability

same could be said when he cut her face with heat vision and was about throwing into the sun before she used kryptonite to escape. Once again when pis and plot is on wonder womans side, she might have a chance. Without that no. Superman is better in every way speed, stamina, strenght (punching, lifting), versatility like heat vision, freeze breath, flight speed. Yeah she might be good fighter, but considering supermans speed that wont matter as much if at all.

Also beeing in kryptonite range does weaken him actually so your point is not making any sense. Besides his cut was healed pretty much in two scans.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OPM

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: this is not a superman vs wonderwoman debate, this is a striking strength contest, and if wonderwoman can hurt superman, she gets scaled to his amazing durability.