Posted by modernww2fare (5182 posts) 7 days, 20 hours ago

Poll: Who here gets a hole in there chest from Iron Man's punch? (11 votes)

MCU Falcon 64%
MCU Winter Soldier 36%
MCU Cap 36%
CW Arrow 64%
DCEU Batman 27%
CW Deathstroke(on-mirakuru) 36%
MCU Daredevil 82%
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by lukehero (33768 posts) - - Show Bio

Um none. Since a fodder guy was able to not get a hole in his chest from said punch?

#2 Posted by RBT (15226 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone should at least be knocked out.

#3 Posted by RBT (15226 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

Um none. Since a fodder guy was able to not get a hole in his chest from said punch?

PG 13

#4 Edited by modernww2fare (5182 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

I'm sure he did, we just didn't see it because he went flying like the cop from Luke Cage

#5 Posted by lukehero (33768 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I agree rating has an clear effect which is why I get annoyed with people lowballing certain characters. But, in this case he's only sending someone flying back the same distance you would fly back if you got hit by a car(which you could survive in real life). No one should get a hole punched in their chest.

#6 Posted by Superhero24 (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon and Daredevil should maybe Arrow as well. Everyone else is superhuman or has titanium armor on to protect them. It doesn't mean the punch doesn't jack up people though.

#7 Posted by RBT (15226 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@rbt: I agree rating has an clear effect which is why I get annoyed with people lowballing certain characters. But, in this case he's only sending someone flying back the same distance you would fly back if you got hit by a car(which you could survive in real life). No one should get a hole punched in their chest.

The guy flew at 45 degrees angle for about 30ft and would have kept going had he not hit the concrete. That's a ridiculous hit.

#8 Posted by lukehero (33768 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: If you are asking are any of these characters going to have their chest caved in from this particular punch the answer is still no. Read above for my full answer and why. This punch wouldn't be much different from being hit by a car. He went flying back about 20 feet. That's something someone could survive in real life, all of these characters are at least peak human and others are superhuman. Deathstroke tanked a punch from Roy, Cap and WS have tanked punches from each other. This punch really isn't a big deal...

#9 Posted by lukehero (33768 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt:

The guy flew at 45 degrees angle for about 30ft and would have kept going had he not hit the concrete. That's a ridiculous hit.

It's not that big of deal, especially since we have peak humans here that have been sent flying and been OK. Been hit by the likes of Grundy, Slade, Black Sky, Some are wearing armor as well...

#10 Posted by Skrskr (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: except it isn't getting hit by a car that spreads the force throughout your whole body, it's a concentrated on a single point which is a huge deal. You can stop someone's heart with a lot less force than sending someone 20+ feet in the air.

Cap and Bucky survive though

#11 Posted by RBT (15226 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@rbt:

It's not that big of deal, especially since we have peak humans here that have been sent flying and been OK. Been hit by the likes of Grundy, Slade, Black Sky, Some are wearing armor as well...

I don't think comparision to a car is fair. For one, a normal hit from car would not send someone flying like that. If it does, they will most likely die. Second, the area of contact when a car hits someone is much larger than a fist. Maybe, top dogs might survive, but Falcon, Bruce and maybe even Daredevil would be dead for sure. If not by the punch then by the impact on the concrete.

#12 Edited by lukehero (33768 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: Well I'm not a scientist or doctor, but at the point of impact the car is only going to hit a section of your body unless it pulls you under and they completely run you over.

I don't see why everyone here wouldn't survive to be honest.

#13 Posted by lukehero (33768 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: All of these guys have solid feats in my mind that say they can survive. Daredevil got put through glass by black sky when he had no suit on. Falcon got kicked by Spiderman to the 2nd floor. Sure spider was holding back, but he kicked them hard enough to break the metal safety bar inside the airport. Those things have to be pretty sturdy, I've seen large men and fat people lean on them.

Arrow has survived hits from Grundy, and other superhumans. Deathstroke has superhuman durability and so does Cap and Bucky.

Avatar image for the_fallen_lord
#14 Edited by the_fallen_lord (2221 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver dies. Rest survive.

Joke.

#15 Posted by Skrskr (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: it's like comparing a small cannon ball the size of about a fist hitting you dead in the chest compared to a 300lb lineman hitting you running a 4.7 and lighting you up.

let's just say that they hit with the same measurable force Neither is fun but the cannon ball the size of the a fist is the same force you took from the hit all over your body and sent you sprawling concentrated to just small part of your chest which makes it's impact is a lot more dangerous.

I know nothing on the cw characters and falcon probably gets really hurt or dies, but I was just trying to show the difference in the punch and a car hitting you even though they should be relative in force.

#16 Posted by APEX_pretador (13267 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

I don't think comparision to a car is fair. For one, a normal hit from car would not send someone flying like that. If it does, they will most likely die. Second, the area of contact when a car hits someone is much larger than a fist. Maybe, top dogs might survive, but Falcon, Bruce and maybe even Daredevil would be dead for sure. If not by the punch then by the impact on the concrete.

Agreed, and it also left a huge dent on concrete.

@lukehero said:

Not debating the striked part, but no car in real life is going to ever send anyone flying like that. Not even a bus-collision will send someone flying like that. I'd be surprised if you find anything even comparable to this IRL.

#17 Posted by TheDeathstroke (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

Hole in the chest? Do you mean knocked out? Cause that's not even a piercing blow..

#18 Posted by RBT (15226 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@rbt: All of these guys have solid feats in my mind that say they can survive. Daredevil got put through glass by black sky when he had no suit on. Falcon got kicked by Spiderman to the 2nd floor. Sure spider was holding back, but he kicked them hard enough to break the metal safety bar inside the airport. Those things have to be pretty sturdy, I've seen large men and fat people lean on them.

Arrow has survived hits from Grundy, and other superhumans. Deathstroke has superhuman durability and so does Cap and Bucky.

Yeah, Sam has some decent feat as well. I guess it depends on how that punch compares to likes of Buck's or Cap's. Considering Bruce has literally no feat of tanking something like this, he dies for sure.

#19 Posted by Eto (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@lukehero said:

PG 13

Lmao

#20 Posted by Watcher5000 (5141 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

I'm sure he did, we just didn't see it because he went flying like the cop from Luke Cage

It didn't though.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#21 Posted by plotweapon16255 (317 posts) - - Show Bio

If they have their suit they can take it but will be injured mostly.

#22 Posted by lukehero (33768 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador:

Not debating the striked part, but no car in real life is going to ever send anyone flying like that. Not even a bus-collision will send someone flying like that. I'd be surprised if you find anything even comparable to this IRL.

I'm probably overhyping car crashes...

#23 Posted by APEX_pretador (13267 posts) - - Show Bio
@lukehero said:

@apex_pretador:

I'm probably overhyping car crashes...

It happens. Atleast you're honest.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
#24 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: I was hit by a car when I was a teenager and I flew maybe 5 feet and slid probably another 5 on my shoulder, that punch was way harder than a car that guy got sent into the air lol I got hurt pretty bad from it too( definitely could have been worse but a car won't send you flying like that)

#25 Edited by BabyDarkseid (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said: