This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by modernww2fare (7216 posts) 2 years, 4 months ago

Poll: Who has better striking power - DCEU Superman or MCU Hulk? (274 votes)

Superman 64%
Hulk 36%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#301 Posted by Batman242 (12387 posts) - - Show Bio

@azooz_king: When did anybody say that?

Thor himself isn't a city buster either.

That doesn't subtract that you clearly don't understand what happened with Hulk and the Leviathan.

#302 Posted by foxerdes (10335 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#303 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman ez.

#304 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28711 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes, not even close.

#305 Posted by Picard (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

in terms of striking power MCU Hulk is far suerior; he can deliver punch which can create massive shockwaves that can shatter windows and thrown people like ragdolls. It's similar to striking power of 90's Sups and Doomsday - is this not look familiar:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@the_hajduk: What I'm saying is that Thor doesn't cause shockwaves because he strikes hard, but because the lightning causes a shockwave. And I'm not saying that's unimpressive or that takes away any of his feats' impressivness, just that there is a clear difference between those two. The shockwaves are still impressive themselves, but there's a misconception that his striking power is that strong. A misconception I recently was cleared upon. The shockwaves he created against Malekith, Hulk, Cap's shield and in Sokovia, has all been because of his lightning.

Sure dude, that's why in first Avengers movie when he bring his hammer down, when there was no lightning, he create a mini-tunguska blast, which lay waste to the forest around him. Please, don't be intellectual dishonest!

No Caption Provided

#306 Edited by Wolderman (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@picard1701: Are you blind? You literally see lightning emerge as the hammer comes to contact with the shield. LOL

Also, the blast knocked down some trees, it didn't lay waste to any forest.

#307 Posted by Picard (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

@picard1701: Are you blind? You literally see lightning emerge as the hammer comes to contact with the shield. LOL

Also, the blast knocked down some trees, it didn't lay waste to any forest.

No, I'm not blind, instead you are intellectually dishonest. Thor didn't summon lightning, small lighting effect was created when Mjolnir comes to contact with vibranium- that's it. Lighting was an effect of two objects crashing into each other, not some magic lightning summoned by Thor. Lighting appeared when two objects crashed, it didn't originated in Mjolnir. Also, now you know how big was blast radius of explosion caused by Mjolnir and Cap's shield? How you know that, and how many are some trees? He destroyed forest directly surrounding him, so yes he lay waste to the forest around him.

#308 Posted by Wolderman (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@picard1701:

No, I'm not blind, instead you are intellectually dishonest. Thor didn't summon lightning, small lighting effect was created when Mjolnir comes to contact with vibranium- that's it.

Key words being 'lightning' and 'created'. Shockwave was caused because of the lightning. He's never created a shockwave when lightning hasn't been involved. Even then, I forgot that when Thor hits Vibranium with Mjolnir, the force doubles back and is sent back just like the Sokovia incident. Meaning that this wasn't even a shockwave, just the power doubling back.

Lighting was an effect of two objects crashing into each other, not some magic lightning summoned by Thor. Lighting appeared when two objects crashed, it didn't originated in Mjolnir.

So what you mean to say, is that lightning wasn't created because the god of thunder struck Cap's shield with his weapon that commands lightning, but because two objects crashed with each other? Thor's used lightning from Mjolnir multiple times without summoning it from the sky.

Also, now you know how big was blast radius of explosion caused by Mjolnir and Cap's shield? How you know that, and how many are some trees? He destroyed forest directly surrounding him, so yes he lay waste to the forest around him.

A forest is usually multiple kilometers long, Thor merely levelled the trees next to him in a radius of what seemed to be 20-30 meters considering that we see the aftermath and we literally see undamaged trees like 20 meters away:

Loading Video...

You're saying I'm 'intellectually dishonest'. Show me a single instance where he's created a shockwave without lightning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
#309 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Avatar image for supermanforever
#310 Posted by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever said:
@batman242 said:
@azooz_king said:
@batman242 said:
@azooz_king said:
@gaoron said:

Still Hulk by a long shoot, Clark still didn't show anything to top Hulks leviathan punch feat and he needs to accelerate for powerfull strikes.

this

Other than the fact that Hulk needed raw strength to stop the Leviathan and not striking power?

What?that does not even make sense

Because you haven't paid attention to what happened. If Hulk's punch was what stopped it, he would not have needed to keep pushing after the strike and continue to counter it's momentum.

If it was only a strike that stopped the Leviathan, it would've stopped dead in it's tracks. Hulk's fist at best killed it and stopped it from driving forward and was left to stop it's momentum.

This and also Leviathan literaly got head into the ground and that stops some of the momentum as well making leviathan lift up. Also Superman one shotting World engine shits all over leviathan feat. World engine was massively larger, heavier than leviathan and far more durable as it got down from space and landed on earth literaly on speeds that burned up its legs. It would land on earth with power of a nuke almost.

Look at durability of World engine compared to leviathan which got destroyed by iron man flying trough its mouth. Not to mention if you look at 1:55 on screen World engine is pretty much as big as Metropolis.

Loading Video...

oh so Superman is Casual City Buster now huh? haha the DCEU Wanking is Pathetic

did i say he was city buster? I said world engine was city sized. Its youy trying to hard to deny it. World engine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>leviathan

#311 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

Hulk by a mile. Leviathan feat is pretty good. He knocked ultron out of the city easily. Has made shockwaves with his strikes. The Leviathans wjere cutting through buildings like they where made of cardboard and ironmans lasers couldnt even cut through their armor and hulk one shot one of them. Ots still the best striking feat out there.