Who has better striking power - DCEU Superman or MCU Hulk?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

modernww2fare  Online

Poll Who has better striking power - DCEU Superman or MCU Hulk? (287 votes)

Superman 64%
Hulk 36%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I left for months and the battle still rages on.

*goes back to seclusion*

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ready_4_madness: What do you mean "only one of them is impressive" p-lease.

Those striking feats are superior to what Superman has shown. Superman going all out was only making miniature pressure booms around his hands whilst fighting Zod and even then that was only because of the speeds at which he was "throwing" them.

Errrm what? Iron Man's lasers were cutting through absolutely everything he aimed them at until he tried it against the Leviathan.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion overpowering a device that reshapes the planet is more impressive then KOing a whale. Superman wins.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why are people using Superman flying into the world engine as a striking feat it doesn't apply that's like saying running through a wall is a striking feat

Also since when did lifting strength=striking power

Feel like Hulk is being lowballed it's a lot closer than people think

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: hulk only has 1 good fest in all of three movies vs superman's multiple impressive feats in his first movie alone.

That makes the leviathan feat an outlier

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading the comments and getting some insight; Clark.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CitizenSentry

@ready_4_madness: Yes, it is.

Let's talk about the armour on the leviathan. The most advanced combat suit ever created by one of the greatest engineers of mankind couldn't scratch it and could easily shrug off the most powerful weapon of said suit.

It could casually fly through skyscrapers and even briefly Incapacitated Thor (though to be fair, Thor was caught off guard).

It took Iron Man to risk his life by flying inside the Leviathan and pretty much launching his entire arsenal while inside of it to kill it.

Thor (a semi-immortal Demi-god had to rely on the Hulks brute strength just to break the armour and create weaknesses for him to exploit and even then he had to amplify his attacks with lightning. Thor also had to use the whole lightning storm he had "summoned" to bottleneck the breach just to fry a leviathan, and even then the Leviathans armour stayed in shape, it was the electrics and flesh that gave out.

Yes it is lol, that explosion you hear after something breaks the speed of sound is the shockwave ?

You mean the escape pod hatch that Faora knew how to open?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Hulk.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By MK39

While I'm inclined to go with Superman on this one, I think people trying to dismiss Hulk's leviathan feat as an outlier are being kinda ridiculous. In fact, trying to dismiss any feat as an outlier (when it isn't suggested in-universe that it is one) is rarely, if ever an intelligent argument. You might even call it an argument from personal incredulity. "I cannot personally believe this character can do this thing, so I'm going to ignore all evidence that he can." Does the leviathan feat explicitly contradict anything shown in the films so far? If not then why is it not valid?

Though if we're still insistent on lowballing the leviathan feat, it's not as if Hulk doesn't have other striking/strength feats to pull from.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/4c15y6/respect_robert_bruce_bannerthe_hulk_marvel/

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I left for months and the battle still rages on.

*goes back to seclusion*

*pulls Batman242 out of seclusion*

Nah, you're gonna enjoy this along with the rest of us.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman by faaaaaar.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman effortlessly showef more striking power than Hulk's ONE and ONLY good striking feat, and he did that when he easily smashed the kryptonian ship's material. The very same material that endured being smashed through eight different skyscrapers at hith speed with ease. That's ignoring that his punches sent Doomsday flying 25+ miles away while he was heavily weakend.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill be back after ragnarok

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes. Just the fact his punches have mach cones is nuts.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness:

Just re-watched the entire fight on YouTube.

1st time: Kills a leviathan with a single punch (you see the Leviathans neck break)

2nd time: we see Hulk fighting a Leviathan single handedly and punches it once in the jaw (the leviathans jaw dislocates)

3rd time: We see Hulk fighting on top of a leviathan against multiple Chitauri with Thor, he dents the armour (leaving a medium sized "crater")

4th time: Same scene, we see Hulk once again dent the armour but this he then rips the armour off the leviathan (something that alone is a damn good feat considering Iron Man's 'cut through anything lasers' couldn't even scratch, JARVIS itself stated "we will lose power before we penetrate that shell") Hulk then jumps into the air and plunges the torn off piece of armour back down into the Leviathans spine.

Ironman laser is energy attack and hulk force is physical attack can u see the difference ?????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not low balling. It's relative. The problem is that you don't understand what I'm saying.

If a professional boxer had the same level of strength as Superman did, his striking power would be greater than Superman's.

You didn't watch the video, did you?

No, I'm not saying that, and common sense would tell you that a pro boxer hits harder than an average person does because an average person doesn't have the training or the proper technique required to throw a punch. Once again, you're having trouble understanding what I'm saying. Please, go back and read it a bit more thoroughly.

I don't think you understand the way muscles work.

First of all, the Hulk kicked Emil further than you think. They were in the middle of an open field with trees about 100 feet away or more (maybe), surrounding the area. When he kicked Emil, he flew back several feet and smacked into a tree. He would have flown further if that tree wasn't there.

Second, here's the issue. The guy in your video is guesstimating how far Superman pushed Batman, just like I guesstimated how far the Hulk kicked Emil. The guy in your video wasn't there, therefore he cannot accurately measure the distance that Batman was pushed. Just because he's got a bunch nice video effects doesn't mean that he's right.

Third, whether or not one of these feats is better than the other and vice versa is moot.

1. If ur going to circle around boxer and body builder I am really wasting my time with u coz this is about how powerful his punch is nobody cares whether his punch is professional or not !!!!
  2. Reply me if you understand what I meant .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb said:

Stopping a 300 ton space whale vs destroying a massive space ship swatting away a 300 ton train car blasting through skyscraper+ pieces of mountain and making enourmous shock waves.

@blackpantherisb said:

@static_shock: I agree nightmare's argument is flawed and full of fanboy logic, but Supes and Hulk aren't even very close in striking.

Don't do ur fanboy shit show when ur doing ur fanboy thing where u barely know what i am talking about !!!!

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120  Edited By blackpantherisb

@nightmare52: I do lifting strength does not equate to striking strength. My Dad can lift 210 pounds and I can lift 195 but J can break a board with a punch and he can't. Also why did you underline 300 ton space whale

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman consistently has good striking feats, Hulk has one really good striking feat - that's my take on this. It's safer, IMO, to say Superman has better striking.

Here's one little feat from MoS I like to reference:

Here Superman very nonchalantly strikes the wall of the Kryptonian mothership and blows it to smithereens:

That's the same material that crashed through skyscrapers at 100+ mph without so much as a scratch:

No Caption Provided

I know that's hardly a quantitative comparison, but it's worth mentioning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: It is. Understanding the difference between lifting and striking strength is very important here. I'm only trying to help you, but you seem to have trouble staying focused on one point...

• ur the one who is confusing his strength comparing it to lifting and pulling things.
  • " he is strong enough to pull it across the ice easily " - do u understand what i am saying here ???
thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By thelocust619

@nightmare52: Your first bulletpoint makes no sense. Idk if you wanna try rewording that, or if you're new to English maybe you should ask for help because what you just said equates to "You're confusing strength with things you do with strength" ...and thats not happening here, nor am I sure how anyone would go about achieving what you described. What I did was explain that the mechanisms behind making contact before applying force (lifting strength) are different than when you apply force before making contact (striking strength).

Yes, I understand he can pull things across ice. That a great showing of lifting strength. Your opponent explained that lifting strength is not striking strength. That is the only thing I am here about, I thought you might get it if I reworded it for you. If you still don't get it, thats fine. It ain't my problem, I just wanted to be nice and help clarify one thing. I see that's not happening. Sorry to bother u.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: I do lifting strength does not equate to striking strength. My Dad can lift 210 pounds and I can lift 195 but J can break a board with a punch and he can't. Also why did you underline 300 ton space whale

• i understand ur point but unlike u and ur dad has different speed while ur punching which changes the outcome of ur result.
  • they are not even 30 tons that's why i underlined .
  • coz a 15 ton rock would have demolished that building if its dropped from that altitude .
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: Your first bulletpoint makes no sense. Idk if you wanna try rewording that, or if you're new to English maybe you should ask for help because what you just said equates to "You're confusing strength with things you do with strength" ...and thats not happening here, nor am I sure how anyone would go about achieving what you described. What I did was explain that the mechanisms behind making contact before applying force (lifting strength) are different than when you apply force before making contact (striking strength).

Yes, I understand he can pull things across ice. That a great showing of lifting strength. Your opponent explained that lifting strength is not striking strength. That is the only thing I am here about, I thought you might get it if I reworded it for you. If you still don't get it, thats fine, just keep going around being wrong. It ain't my problem, I just wanted to be nice and help clarify one thing. I see that's not happening. Sorry to bother u.

• ok , its gonna harder to explain thing to u than i expected , so let me start from first .
  • so lifting strength has nothing to do with punching is that what u mean ???

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By thelocust619

@nightmare52:

-Sure

-No, that's not what I mean. Noone here said that at all. At any point in the thread. Ever. Idk why you'd even think that. It is only one factor in striking strength, that's what I've been trying to say...so when you used a lifting strength feat to say he has high striking, you'd see these two things are not directly equatable.

*In all, my interjection was supposed to be just that: an interjection. I'm not trying to take over the other guys arguement or even make a big thing here. It should have been one post and done. In a perfect world, you would simply understand what is already common knowledge for everyone else here, reassess, and then continue your discussion with the other guy.

As for the thread, I'm already on Superman's side. All I wanted here was to explain that one thing about lifting/striking before I go about my day.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: All I'm saying is there are many factors in striking strength is not the only one and Supes cannot go on that alone. He has a plethora of other great feats of striking. But if we use your logic than N52 Supes is a Jupiter buster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52:

-Sure

-No, that's not what I mean. Noone here said that at all. At any point in the thread. Ever. Idk why you'd even think that. It is only one factor in striking strength, that's what I've been trying to say...so when you used a lifting strength feat to say he has high striking, you'd see these two things are not directly equatable.

*In all, my interjection was supposed to be just that: an interjection. I'm not trying to take over the other guys arguement or even make a big thing here. It should have been one post and done. In a perfect world, you would simply understand what is already common knowledge for everyone else here, reassess, and then continue your discussion with the other guy.

As for the thread, I'm already on Superman's side. All I wanted here was to explain that one thing about lifting/striking before I go about my day.

• OK , reply if u needed to continue to see from my point of view.
  • So , bodybuilders can't hit harder than average person ???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: All I'm saying is there are many factors in striking strength is not the only one and Supes cannot go on that alone. He has a plethora of other great feats of striking. But if we use your logic than N52 Supes is a Jupiter buster.

1. I am just trying to explain that lifting strength has its effect on punching since most of people here believe that lifting strength wouldn't even increase punching strength not even by 5℅ !!!
thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By thelocust619

@nightmare52: Responding to your second bulletpoint, this is my last reply and final attempt to lay it out for you.

Assuming your bodybuilder is equal to your average person in all regards and simply has higher strength, yes, they would hit harder. However, the fact they are a bodybuilder does not automatically mean they hit harder than anyone smaller than them because strength is not the ONLY factor, although it can help because it is still A factor.

Another factor would be speed, most tend to break striking strength down to a combination of speed and strength. This is just basic physics, a higher speed=a greater impact, and more strength does not always indicate more speed.

Then there is technique. A regular, heavy bodybuilder would not hit harder than a slightly lighter boxer, because the bodybuilder does not know the most effective way to deliver a punch while the boxer does. To simplify this to its maximum for you, one person can simply be better at punching than another, regardless of build.

Then consider mobility, excess muscle mass can sometimes actually get in the way and hinder ones ability to achieve maximum impact. Footwork and general maneuvering are imperative in getting the best angle with a strike for maximum impact, one with better maneuverability can get better potential from their blows.

Then you can consider muscle grouping: strong arms and calves will give a fast, versatile (maneuverable) punch, but a strong back and thighs will give a slower, straighter punch far more followthrough. Either one can have the greater weight or lifting strength with particular muscle groups, yet still lose to the other. Say your bodybuilder skips leg day...that's an entire muscle group that matters in punching, his greater upper body strength only does so much.

Even the type of striking is a factor. You won't see a bulky bodybuilder throwing and high kicks or building the momentum a smaller, nimble fighter can. In that way, the smaller guy could be kicking with more force...or it can be the other way around, with the upper body.

These are just a few of the factors that go into striking power. This is why lifting strength does not immediately correlate into striking strength. This is why it is possible for a smaller, faster, more skilled puncher to hit harder than a bodybuilder with nothing but strength, even assuming this bodybuilder is training all the right muscle groups for fighting instead of just trying to look pretty.

It's easier just to use striking feats.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how people don't want to count superman's flying punches, but hulk's leaping had on collision with a space whale is perfectly acceptable.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has effortlessly portrayed more striking power than Hulk has with his best one. It's not comparable. Superman is and always has been superior to MCU Hulk.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• coz a 15 ton rock would have demolished that building if its dropped from that altitude .

Are you being serious right now?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

#134  Edited By KrleAvenger

Superman's striking power feats that are preformed while flying should not count. Fact that he is flying already increases his striking power. I know it is in character for him to blitz and punch which is making those feats 100% legit and useful during the all "who would win" argument but pure striking power contest? Yeah we should focus on pure striking power feats that are preformed while he wasn't running or flying.

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's BEST Striking feat(without flight):

No Caption Provided

I think Hulk's Levithan feat is comparable to this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: Responding to your second bulletpoint, this is my last reply and final attempt to lay it out for you.

Assuming your bodybuilder is equal to your average person in all regards and simply has higher strength, yes, they would hit harder. However, the fact they are a bodybuilder does not automatically mean they hit harder than anyone smaller than them because strength is not the ONLY factor, although it can help because it is still A factor.

Another factor would be speed, most tend to break striking strength down to a combination of speed and strength. This is just basic physics, a higher speed=a greater impact, and more strength does not always indicate more speed.

Then there is technique. A regular, heavy bodybuilder would not hit harder than a slightly lighter boxer, because the bodybuilder does not know the most effective way to deliver a punch while the boxer does. To simplify this to its maximum for you, one person can simply be better at punching than another, regardless of build.

Then consider mobility, excess muscle mass can sometimes actually get in the way and hinder ones ability to achieve maximum impact. Footwork and general maneuvering are imperative in getting the best angle with a strike for maximum impact, one with better maneuverability can get better potential from their blows.

Then you can consider muscle grouping: strong arms and calves will give a fast, versatile (maneuverable) punch, but a strong back and thighs will give a slower, straighter punch far more followthrough. Either one can have the greater weight or lifting strength with particular muscle groups, yet still lose to the other. Say your bodybuilder skips leg day...that's an entire muscle group that matters in punching, his greater upper body strength only does so much.

Even the type of striking is a factor. You won't see a bulky bodybuilder throwing and high kicks or building the momentum a smaller, nimble fighter can. In that way, the smaller guy could be kicking with more force...or it can be the other way around, with the upper body.

These are just a few of the factors that go into striking power. This is why lifting strength does not immediately correlate into striking strength. This is why it is possible for a smaller, faster, more skilled puncher to hit harder than a bodybuilder with nothing but strength, even assuming this bodybuilder is training all the right muscle groups for fighting instead of just trying to look pretty.

It's easier just to use striking feats.

• I think this should be my last reply to since u r completely naive and again and again ur comparing body builder to boxer for no reason .
  • Finally I am finishing with this if u want to , A strengthless can't punch harder and ur consistently trying ignore lifting strength has its effect on punching without any proof other than comparing bodybuilders with boxer which is irrelevant to the current scenario since there is no comparison here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52 said:

Are you being serious right now?

I am pretty serious do u have any proof to prove that I am wrong ?????

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By CitizenSentry

@nightmare52: I don't need proof to show you that a leviathan (something bigger than the size of entire buildings weighs a helluva lot more than 30 tons.

I think you need to go back to school and resit maths and science.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#140  Edited By Static Shock

1. If ur going to circle around boxer and body builder I am really wasting my time with u coz this is about how powerful his punch is nobody cares whether his punch is professional or not !!!!

First of all, I don't even think you understand what you meant, judging by your response. Second, if I possessed the level of comprehension that you currently have, I'd be wasting my time, too.

Have a good day.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dang

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By teefurtree

@thelocust619: Your consideration of all factors contributing to a punch's power is perfectly applicable to human punches, but I just don't think they're as applicable to this question. I don't think relatively minor variations like the strength of different muscle groups, mobility, and technique, which produce variations on much less than one order of magnitude for humans, are the best lens through which to discuss striking power of characters whose striking power could be one to two orders of magnitude apart, and whose striking power is so wildly inconsistent within their films in comparison to real-life humans'. To nitpick a bit, as for technique, it doesn't seem like there is an appreciable difference in punching technique between Hulk and Superman.

You want to avoid using Superman's strength feats as references for striking power, but I think they're pretty valid for use considering we know that he has very fast striking speed anyway (as suggested by visual, in-film speed and by Mach cones), at least relative to Hulk. If strength and strike speed are the most important factors, disregarding the other factors that seem to be non-distinguishing between Superman and Hulk, then why shouldn't greater strength feats for Superman (vs Hulk) only contribute to higher striking power if Superman's striking speed seems to be higher on average than Hulk's (just judging visually from a variety of strikes)?

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By thelocust619

@teefurtree: All of those examples were general, not specific to any particular circumstance. I already said my goal was merely to explain that...again...lifting strength doesn't directly correlate to striking strength. On technique, Superman employs a bit more IMO, only because many of Hulk's strikes can simply be considered mindless thrashing.

The question is on striking, so the only object we need to look at is striking. Looking at his lifting strength says nothing when we have direct feats...think about it, what is looking at a lifting strength feat even going to do for you? Are you going to argue "Superman hits way harder than we are shown on screen"? Lol we have the striking feats, we can see how hard he hits already. Arguing anything but what we are blatently shown dozens if times is pretty pointless IMO.

There's no need to look at it in parts when we see the effects firsthand: Clark can destroy a train with a guy from a few dozen meters while standing/still, and can pierce buildings and freakin punch through city-crushing gravity pulses while flying. Dragging an ocean liner is nowhere near a display of striking ability anyway, hes dragging a chain over his shoulder using mostly his back and legs. It could correlate to a massivery amount of follow through, but we can simply look at his striking feats to see exactly how much follow through he has instead of guessing from a lifting feat that is only part of the equation.

At his best, Hulk's strikes are probably better from a standstill with his Leviathan feat, but the flying brick tactic is still a strike so overall Superman is well beyond him. Ignoring the flying brick would be literally taking away a strike technique, like saying Bruce Lee can't use roundhouse kicks in a striking contest. This is speed trumping power, btw: like it or not, Hulk has the better standing feat (the stronger "punch"), but using all he has, Superman can hit much harder (the stronger "strike").

My interest is less in how this applies here specifically and more in ensuring we all understand the difference. It's pretty critical to understand fundementals like lifting/striking feats.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: yea hopefully in Thor 3 gulf gets some good striking feats

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk couldn't even overpower iron man's hulkbuster.

Considering the Hulkbuster's only opponent was Hulk himself, that's not saying much.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39: Also considering Hulk was ripping the Hulkbuster apart and tanked a skyscraper busting attack and was only brought down by a sicker punch whilst in the state of depowering.....

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39: not sure what you meant, i was talking about when they clashed fists. that wasn't impressive for hulk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like what you're saying is, "Hulk is not stronger than Hulkbuster. Hulk buster is not strong so Hulk is not strong." But between the two of them, Hulk is the one that has feats independent of that fight scene. We should be using Hulk to judge Hulkbuster's strength, not the other way around.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52 said:

First of all, I don't even think you understand what you meant, judging by your response. Second, if I possessed the level of comprehension that you currently have, I'd be wasting my time, too.

Have a good day.

• I definitely wasted time with a person who believe strength has nothing to do with punching and can't accept that his statement is a mistake.
  • Have a good day or night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare52: I don't need proof to show you that a leviathan (something bigger than the size of entire buildings weighs a helluva lot more than 30 tons.

I think you need to go back to school and resit maths and science.

No Caption Provided
  1. Really 1 ton tank can do better damage than that flying fish did to this building.
  2. I am pretty sure u any of the class u mentioned above !!!
  3. And u need to explain why it didn't demolished this building when it died , if l u have attended any of those classes u mentioned above ??!!