This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by modernww2fare (7187 posts) 2 years, 4 months ago

Poll: Who has better striking power - DCEU Superman or MCU Hulk? (274 votes)

Superman 64%
Hulk 36%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#51 Posted by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has dragging 50,000+ tons of ship across the ice easily and hulk's best feat is stopping a 40 tons (max) of alien fish.

So Superman.

Dragging something heavy has nothing to do with striking power. Totally different discussion.

#52 Edited by Mrnoital (8139 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has one outlier and has never hit anything else nearly as hard as he hit the spacefish

and once punched Ultron as far as Superman punches pretty much everything

in reality we haven't seen the top limit of either character

but I say the average Superman punch seems more powerful than the average Hulk punch

#53 Posted by Gapi182 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares? Hulk is better and cooler. DCEU Superman sucks almost as much if not as much as Superboy Prime. He is a disgrace to Superman we know and love.

I never got that. Why do so many people hate superboy prime?

#54 Posted by KrleAvenger (26180 posts) - - Show Bio

@GapiP said:

I never got that. Why do so many people hate superboy prime?

I don't know how many fans and haters Superboy Prime has. It is me in particular who hates Superboy Prime. Besides me, Lvenger is the only person on this site I know who hates Prime.

#55 Posted by MarvelBro (649 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark by a long long long shot

I don't think it's by a long shot

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#56 Posted by blackpantherisb (7337 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Edited by MarvelBro (649 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by StormShadow_X (16789 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares? Hulk is better and cooler. DCEU Superman sucks almost as much if not as much as Superboy Prime. He is a disgrace to Superman we know and love.

Where did that come from :p that came off as a bit insecure

#59 Posted by KrleAvenger (26180 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by StormShadow_X (16789 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: What exactly?

It was probably how I read it in my head but just saying Who cares and trashing DCEU clark as a character came out of no where.

#61 Posted by KrleAvenger (26180 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: Oh, right. I just can't stand DCEU Superman. It's like he is created to shit on everything I liked about Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
#62 Posted by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52 said:

Superman has dragging 50,000+ tons of ship across the ice easily and hulk's best feat is stopping a 40 tons (max) of alien fish.

So Superman.

Dragging something heavy has nothing to do with striking power. Totally different discussion.

Dragging something across something needs strength .

Strength + fist speed = punch aka strike force.

#63 Edited by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

...but, not striking power.

Lifting/pulling strength and striking power don't always go hand in hand. You should also rewatch the clip. Superman was dragging the ship behind him as he was casually walking. He was using multiple muscle groups there.

@nightmare52 said:

That's a bad equation.

Why do professional boxers hit so hard?

#64 Edited by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

...but, not striking power.

Lifting strength and striking power don't always go hand in hand.

@nightmare52 said:

That's a bad equation.

Why do professional boxers hit so hard?

Superman was able to pull that ship across the ice longer than lifting weight .

Lifting strength isn't what I mean since I don't know the right term to say it , he was able to pull it across ice which is different from lifting since lifting occur only for seconds.

So , Superman's strength which was able hold it for long time period does matter in terms of strike power.

Professional boxer lifts weight doesn't hold weight !!!!

Does a person who can't hold weight for long can hit harder ????

#65 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52: Pushing, pulling, lifting, suspending...that's all lifting strength. Thats what he's saying. Striking strength factors in far more, it's why a trained boxer can hit harder than a regular bodybuilder who can otherwise lift more. Thats also what he's saying, just thought I'd change the words a lil to help

#66 Edited by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52 said:

Lifting strength isn't what I mean since I don't know the right term to say it , he was able to pull it across ice which is different from lifting since lifting occur only for seconds.

So , Superman's strength which was able hold it for long time period does matter in terms of strike power.

You're not making any sense.

Lifting/pulling strength doesn't equal striking power.

@nightmare52 said:

A professional boxer hits harder than the strongest bodybuilder, even though the pro boxer isn't as physically strong. Why? The boxer's striking power isn't just generated from his arms (which is probably what the bodybuilder would use if he had to fight with no formal training). It comes from the repetition of proper technique when throwing a punch. Things like fighting stance, the technique used, the rotation of the hips and other things all factor in to total striking power. Steve Petramale states that striking power starts from the boxer's toes on up through the body when proper technique is used.

Watch the video.

Loading Video...

Granted, neither MCU Hulk or DCEU Superman are pro boxers, so they probably don't possess these techniques. But, using a feat of Superman pulling a thousands of tons casually while walking on a sheet of ice doesn't prove that his striking power is greater than the Hulk's. You should provide something with Superman showcasing his striking ability.

#67 Edited by sportjames23 (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

Where did that come from :p that came off as a bit insecure

Heh, beat me to it.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#68 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (2260 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes but its def not "miles" better

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#69 Edited by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: Space whale weighed thousands of tons? That's clearly why the top of a building barely even got damaged when one of them fell on top of it? And that's why the bridge one of then collapsed on was just fine? Lol, nowhere near a thousand tons. That's such an exaggeration.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#70 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman effortlessly showef more striking power than Hulk's ONE and ONLY good striking feat, and he did that when he easily smashed the kryptonian ship's material. The very same material that endured being smashed through eight different skyscrapers at hith speed with ease. That's ignoring that his punches sent Doomsday flying 25+ miles away while he was heavily weakend.

#71 Edited by maiamaku (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha how is this even a debate? Hulk isn't anywhere near superman in any quantifiable category

#72 Posted by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52: Pushing, pulling, lifting, suspending...that's all lifting strength. Thats what he's saying. Striking strength factors in far more, it's why a trained boxer can hit harder than a regular bodybuilder who can otherwise lift more. Thats also what he's saying, just thought I'd change the words a lil to help

• If you blindly put Pushing, pulling, lifting weight it looks like they are all same.
  • When u compare a bodybuilder to Superman its low balling since a professional bodybuilder can barely lift something that is 3 times their weight at peak level but Superman has lifted and holded something that's more than 10000 times heavier than his weight.
  • If u blindly assume that strength has nothing to do with punching ur just too naive.
#73 Posted by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52 said:

You're not making any sense.

Lifting/pulling strength doesn't equal striking power.

@nightmare52 said:

A professional boxer hits harder than the strongest bodybuilder, even though the pro boxer isn't as physically strong. Why? The boxer's striking power isn't just generated from his arms (which is probably what the bodybuilder would use if he had to fight with no formal training). It comes from the repetition of proper technique when throwing a punch. Things like fighting stance, the technique used, the rotation of the hips and other things all factor in to total striking power. Steve Petramale states that striking power starts from the boxer's toes on up through the body when proper technique is used.

Watch the video.

Loading Video...

Granted, neither MCU Hulk or DCEU Superman are pro boxers, so they probably don't possess these techniques. But, using a feat of Superman pulling a thousands of tons casually while walking on a sheet of ice doesn't prove that his striking power is greater than the Hulk's. You should provide something with Superman showcasing his striking ability.

• When u compare a bodybuilder to Superman its low balling since a professional bodybuilder can barely lift something that is 3 times their weight at peak level but Superman has lifted and holded something that's more than 10000 times heavier than his weight.
  • Ur saying as if A professional boxer's punching force is no different from a average person punch.
  • Lifting and holding something that's 10000 times heavier than him clearly says that he was strong enough to harder than hulk.
  • Superman's tap was able throw armed Batman 60 feats which better than what hulk did to Emil Blonsky.
Loading Video...
#74 Posted by MonsterStomp (36971 posts) - - Show Bio

The leviathan punch is overrated. If Hulk had hit the leviathan and caused it to come to complete halt upon impact, THAT would have been impressive.

But all we see from the showing is Hulk kill the leviathan and the rest is just a muscle match to bring the leviathan to an eventual stop. Something Superman is fully capable of replicating since he has superior strength to Hulk.

#75 Posted by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52: "If you blindly put Pushing, pulling, lifting weight it looks like they are all same."

-This isnt my interperetation of lifting strength, this is what it actually is lol. Let me try rewording, since ur having trouble: lifting strength is where you make contact and THEN apply force. Striking strength is when you apply force and THEN make contact. The mechanics of these are vastly different. Is that better for u?

"When u compare a bodybuilder to Superman its low balling since a professional bodybuilder can barely lift something that is 3 times their weight at peak level but Superman has lifted and holded something that's more than 10000 times heavier than his weight."

-Okay. I didnt even mention Supes, but okay.

"If u blindly assume that strength has nothing to do with punching ur just too naive."

-I never said that. This is you assuming something based on nothing so you can passive aggressively suggest I'm naive. 1/10, my lil sister can do better taunting.

#76 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans best striking feat so far is punching Doomsday out of Earth's atmosphere (with multiple strikes).

Hulks best striking feat is crunching and completely eviscerating the spine and armour of a Leviathan.

The same Leviathan that was casually flying through skyscrapers and no-selling Iron Mans cut through anything lasers.

Hulk takes this.

#77 Edited by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52: "If you blindly put Pushing, pulling, lifting weight it looks like they are all same."

-This isnt my interperetation of lifting strength, this is what it actually is lol. Let me try rewording, since ur having trouble: lifting strength is where you make contact and THEN apply force. Striking strength is when you apply force and THEN make contact. The mechanics of these are vastly different. Is that better for u?

"When u compare a bodybuilder to Superman its low balling since a professional bodybuilder can barely lift something that is 3 times their weight at peak level but Superman has lifted and holded something that's more than 10000 times heavier than his weight."

-Okay. I didnt even mention Supes, but okay.

"If u blindly assume that strength has nothing to do with punching ur just too naive."

-I never said that. This is you assuming something based on nothing so you can passive aggressively suggest I'm naive. 1/10, my lil sister can do better taunting.

So ur previous post is completely irrelevant this thread !?!

#78 Posted by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52: It is. Understanding the difference between lifting and striking strength is very important here. I'm only trying to help you, but you seem to have trouble staying focused on one point...

#79 Posted by g2_ (11939 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#80 Posted by DammeFavour (8495 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: there is derailing 2 trains as a side effect of punching nam-ek, zod punching superman hard enough to send him to the top of a skyscraper against gravity, punching zod the length of football field, punching doomsday hard enough to destroy a factory, punching faora hard enough to destroy a vault that survives nukes, and the resulting shockwaves of him and zod clashing together but no that's the highest. Face it, the leviathan feat is an outlier as in all the three movies he's been in he hasn't been able to replicate anything close to that

#81 Posted by blackpantherisb (7337 posts) - - Show Bio

Stopping a 300 ton space whale vs destroying a massive space ship swatting away a 300 ton train car blasting through skyscraper+ pieces of mountain and making enourmous shock waves.

#82 Posted by foxerdes (10320 posts) - - Show Bio

Stopping Leviathan wasn't purely striking strenght.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#83 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: Iron Man hit the Leviathan in a completely different area though. Because when Hulk teamed up with Thor on the Leviathan, Hulk punches it again and it does no damage.

#84 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: Iron Man hit the Leviathan in a completely different area though. Because when Hulk teamed up with Thor on the Leviathan, Hulk punches it again and it does no damage.

Yeah Iron Man hit the leviathan on the torso, Hulk hit the Leviathan on the head (where the armour will logically be stronger).

Also are you referring to when Hulk was creating huge dents, tearing the armour off and then plunging it back through the armour and into the Leviathan's spine?

Because if so, you and I have very different understandings of the words "no damage".

Loading Video...

I couldn't get the full GIF, but moments prior to this, Hulk dents the Leviathans armour and then tears the armour off.

#85 Posted by hulkuberstomp (1791 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw:he did that when he easily smashed the kryptonian ship's material.

What ship?Are you talking about Zod's main ship and when Clark crashed it's wall after dialogue with Jor El?If yes,Zod's ship is not even near as durable as Jor El's which smashed several skyscrapers

#86 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: that's pure assumption, that's not based on fact. A helmet wouldn't be more durable than body armour so why assume thats the case with the Leviathan.

And that's not the part I was talking about, that's not even a punch.

#87 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: No that's pure logic. What is the most vital organ for any living being? The brain, where is the brain located? In the head. It's entire head was armoured barring the eyes and teeth. Therefore it is LOGICAL to assume that it's head was the most well armoured body part on the entire Leviathan.

Did you even bother what I typed at the underneath the GIF? No of course you didn't because you were in such a rush to reply to me.

#88 Posted by BruceRogers (17610 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I know why this thread was made

#89 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: dude the whole thing was covered including the part HULK hit the second time, if anything that tells me the body is better armoured because it was KO'd from it. And I actually misread that last part because I just woke up and saw your post. And out of curiosity where did Thor attack the Leviathan at the end of that scene?

#90 Posted by GXrevs06 (4911 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans best striking feat so far is punching Doomsday out of Earth's atmosphere (with multiple strikes).

Hulks best striking feat is crunching and completely eviscerating the spine and armour of a Leviathan.

The same Leviathan that was casually flying through skyscrapers and no-selling Iron Mans cut through anything lasers.

Hulk takes this.

No, his best striking feat is casually tearing through the bulkhead of a ship that is built to withstand plowing through skyscrapers. Or punching Nam-ek across Smallville with enough force to topple three 200ton train

#91 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: He struck the armour plating that Hulk had stabbed into the Leviathan with Mjlonir (amped by lightning).

#92 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06: To my knowledge you are referencing two different ships, Zod's ship (the one which Clark made a hole in) and Jor-El's ship (the one that was smashing through the skyscrapers).

Also I'm fairly certain that punching Doomsday through the stratosphere! and into space! is a much better feat than punching Nam-Ek across Smallville.

#93 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: now Thor got impressive striking, Hulk though he's not consistent enough. He has one good striking feat whereas Superman is consistently beastly with his strikes.

#94 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: We are talking about Hulk. Not Thor.

Hulk consistently damaged the Leviathan, this is the argument we are ....arguing.

#95 Edited by Static Shock (53045 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightmare52 said:

It's not low balling. It's relative. The problem is that you don't understand what I'm saying.

If a professional boxer had the same level of strength as Superman did, his striking power would be greater than Superman's.

@nightmare52 said:
  • Ur saying as if A professional boxer's punching force is no different from a average person punch.

You didn't watch the video, did you?

No, I'm not saying that, and common sense would tell you that a pro boxer hits harder than an average person does because an average person doesn't have the training or the proper technique required to throw a punch. Once again, you're having trouble understanding what I'm saying. Please, go back and read it a bit more thoroughly.

@nightmare52 said:
  • Lifting and holding something that's 10000 times heavier than him clearly says that he was strong enough to harder than hulk.

I don't think you understand the way muscles work.

@nightmare52 said:
  • Superman's tap was able throw armed Batman 60 feats which better than what hulk did to Emil Blonsky.

First of all, the Hulk kicked Emil further than you think. They were in the middle of an open field with trees about 100 feet away or more (maybe), surrounding the area. When he kicked Emil, he flew back several feet and smacked into a tree. He would have flown further if that tree wasn't there.

Second, here's the issue. The guy in your video is guesstimating how far Superman pushed Batman, just like I guesstimated how far the Hulk kicked Emil. The guy in your video wasn't there, therefore he cannot accurately measure the distance that Batman was pushed. Just because he's got a bunch nice video effects doesn't mean that he's right.

Third, whether or not one of these feats is better than the other and vice versa is moot.

#96 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: consistently is a strength he hit it three times and done serious damage once. Not impressive

#97 Posted by blackpantherisb (7337 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock: I agree nightmare's argument is flawed and full of fanboy logic, but Supes and Hulk aren't even very close in striking.

#98 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, when faced with an opponent durable enough to take it, quite often hits hard enough to cause visible pressure waves with his punches.

#99 Edited by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness:

Just re-watched the entire fight on YouTube.

1st time: Kills a leviathan with a single punch (you see the Leviathans neck break)

2nd time: we see Hulk fighting a Leviathan single handedly and punches it once in the jaw (the leviathans jaw dislocates)

3rd time: We see Hulk fighting on top of a leviathan against multiple Chitauri with Thor, he dents the armour (leaving a medium sized "crater")

4th time: Same scene, we see Hulk once again dent the armour but this he then rips the armour off the leviathan (something that alone is a damn good feat considering Iron Man's 'cut through anything lasers' couldn't even scratch, JARVIS itself stated "we will lose power before we penetrate that shell") Hulk then jumps into the air and plunges the torn off piece of armour back down into the Leviathans spine.

#100 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensentry: only one of them is impressive especially when we're comparing him with Superman. Iron Man not being able to cut through it means nothing to me, dude isn't that powerful to be mentioned in this thread.