• 88 results
Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Who has better striking force? Thor (MCU) or Superman (DCEU) (116 votes)

Thor (MCU) 58%
Superman (DCEU) 41%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
#1 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman by a large margin when thor doesn’t have Mjølnir, and Thor by a good margin when he does have mjolinir.

#2 Posted by destinyman75 (13938 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with mjolnir

#3 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: I would say in terms of pure striking power, I’ve seen Thor with better feats. Superman would still speed blitz the bell out of him in a real fight.

#4 Edited by WastelandMan (8780 posts) - - Show Bio

With Mjolnir: Thor

Without Mjolnir: Superman

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#5 Posted by blackpantherisb (6959 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#6 Posted by Laurus (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor pretty soundly.

#7 Posted by Turr (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Superman. He moved TECTONIC PLATES FFS. Tricky thread is showing Thors best striking feat and only Supermans average.

Troll thread.

#8 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16978 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with the bad gif for superman?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anyways Superman should have stronger strikes as far as I remember.

#9 Edited by destinyman75 (13938 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: except the first two gifs you show is a collision on zod and Superman, Thor's I'm the OP is soundly above that, not to mention ragnarock hulk punch through and around the wall is also above that. The last gif you show is just Clark punching zod in the air, Ironman could have replicated that one

#10 Posted by RBT (27164 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with Mjolnir. Superman without it.

#11 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16978 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75:

except the first two gifs you show is a collision on zod and Superman, Thor's I'm the OP is soundly above that, not to mention ragnarock hulk punch through and around the wall is also above that.

Do you have a video of a gif of what you are talking about in particular. The gif in the OP is impressive but only around the first two I posted. And I posted those because the person who made the thread could of at least put a respectable gif to compare to the Thor one. I would of said the same thing if he put a gif of one of Superman's best feats and a gif of Thor just hitting some guy showing no destruction.

The last gif you show is just Clark punching zod in the air, Ironman could have replicated that one

Since when could Ironman punch someone multiple miles through the air?

#12 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman by a large margin

#13 Posted by MOWJACK (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

nearly all of clark's punches were bullrushers,u can't count them as punches.

#14 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember Superman striking someone without gaining a large speed beforehand, therefore increasing his momentum, except Punching Steppenwolf once or twice without gaining speed, which produced a visible shockwave, although shockwaves are not a good indicator of strength. It depends upon the mood of the movie makers. So it's difficult to judge.

Thor without Mjolnir isn't comparable to Superman in that department but with it, has even outclassed Superman in striking power. He undoubtedly hits really hard with that Hammer.

#15 Edited by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember Superman striking someone without gaining a large speed beforehand, therefore increasing his momentum, except Punching Steppenwolf once or twice without gaining speed, which produced a visible shockwave, although shockwaves are not a good indicator of strength. It depends upon the mood of the movie makers. So it's difficult to judge.

Thor without Mjolnir isn't comparable to Superman in that department but with it, has even outclassed Superman in striking power. He undoubtedly hits really hard with that Hammer.

He did here and I think this is one of his best striking feats

Loading Video...

#16 Posted by phillip33 (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#17 Posted by blackpantherisb (6959 posts) - - Show Bio

With blitz Superman is above Thor with Mjolnir, no blitz and they are equally matched.

#18 Posted by ad-arts (1952 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:
@deltahuman said:

He did here and I think this is one of his best striking feats

Loading Video...

That's a nice supersonic punch there. By that punch we can also calculate the minimum distance between him and the train which is around 1km. So that dude was able to throw a train over 1km away... Not bad.

#19 Posted by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

@ad-arts: Yeah Nam-Ek has great pure strength.

#20 Posted by ThunderPrince (6928 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with Mjolnir. Without it Thor has a small edge.

#21 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with Mjolnir

Dunno about without it the uppercut on Hulk had a pretty huge shockwave I'll just say evens without it Superman maybe has an edge

Most of the gifs people use for Superman are bullrushes or collisions

#22 Edited by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir lightning charged strikes >>>>> Thor's lightning amped punches > Clark's bullrush punches >> Mjolnir regular strikes = Clark's regular punches >> Thor's regular punches.

Mjolnir allows Thor to focus his power far more efficiently. That's why his lightning charged attacks with Mjolnir are so damn powerful.

#23 Posted by GCA (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor because of mjolnir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
#24 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques said:

Mjolnir lightning charged strikes >>>>> Thor's lightning amped punches > Clark's bullrush punches >> Mjolnir regular strikes = Clark's regular punches >> Thor's regular punches.

Mjolnir allows Thor to focus his power far more efficiently. That's why his lightning charged attacks with Mjolnir are so damn powerful.

For the most part I agree with this, however, in Thor Ragnarok he grabs a random weapon(happens to be hammer shape) from the Wall of the Colosseum after Hulk punches him into said wall and hits Hulk with it, and it sends Hulk into another part of the wall and Hulk rolls along the wall halfway around the Colosseum. So even without Mjolnir, just using a hammer shaped weapon, he has very impressive striking power.

#26 Posted by The_Fub (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: Thor with Mjionir has better striking. God Mode Thor without Mjionir has better striking. Thor with no God mode or Mjionir has inferior striking.

#27 Posted by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@a_marques said:

For the most part I agree with this, however, in Thor Ragnarok he grabs a random weapon(happens to be hammer shape) from the Wall of the Colosseum after Hulk punches him into said wall and hits Hulk with it, and it sends Hulk into another part of the wall and Hulk rolls along the wall halfway around the Colosseum. So even without Mjolnir, just using a hammer shaped weapon, he has very impressive striking power.

Your striking power is always more impressive when you have a weapon. The hammer Thor had was very big and long and the way he swung it would have been much more powerful than his regular punch. We can still scale his punches though. Hulk in the 2008 movie was barely moved by a grenade launcher. The Mark Ruffalo Hulk is much more powerful, and the Hulk in Ragnarok was stated to be more angry than ever. Thor's hits were hurting Hulk for sure as well, so Thor hits multiple times harder than a regular grenade launcher does. Cap was sent flying by one, so you can imagine what Thor's punches are like.

#28 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@a_marques said:

Your striking power is always more impressive when you have a weapon. The hammer Thor had was very big and long and the way he swung it would have been much more powerful than his regular punch. We can still scale his punches though. Hulk in the 2008 movie was barely moved by a grenade launcher. The Mark Ruffalo Hulk is much more powerful, and the Hulk in Ragnarok was stated to be more angry than ever. Thor's hits were hurting Hulk for sure as well, so Thor hits multiple times harder than a regular grenade launcher does. Cap was sent flying by one, so you can imagine what Thor's punches are like.

Oh I agree, I was simply pointing out that he doesn't need Mjolnir to have the type of striking power that he has with Mjolnir, any hammer shape weapon seems to be enough.

#29 Posted by nfactor1995 (12828 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor’s is only superior with Mjolnir when he has time to charge his attack.

#30 Edited by The_Red_Devil (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with Mjolnir.

#31 Edited by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

Still superman and it's not even close, in combat anyway. Plus all the better striking claims have heavy context in them

#32 Posted by MOWJACK (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

Still superman and it's not even close, in combat anyway. Plus all the better striking claims have heavy context in them

in superman's ones.

#33 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack: lol....no, in thor's, what context is there in superman's

#35 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the fact that 90%(made up percentage) of his powerful hits are with him flying into and hitting the person, adding more power to the attack by use of speed. What context is there in Thor's?

#36 Edited by destinyman75 (13938 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: by the look of this thread exscuses won't get you far sorry you lose

#37 Posted by MOWJACK (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

give me one quantifaiable punch that is not a bullrush

#38 Posted by MOWJACK (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@DammeFavour said:

Maybe the fact that 90%(made up percentage) of his powerful hits are with him flying into and hitting the person, adding more power to the attack by use of speed. What context is there in Thor's?

the rest 10% are barely quantifiable

#39 Edited by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: @mowjack: both very quantifiable and without added context. your turn. You know thor has attempted an uppercut twice with the same opponent which is hulk, once with mjonir in the helicarrier that only sent hulk a few metres and in ragnarok and it didn't even change hulk's momentum

#40 Posted by MOWJACK (1271 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

@rr79: @mowjack:both very quantifiable and without added context. your turn

Actually, while the first one can be calculated, the second one, while not even being Superman hitting someone, is just like I said "him flying into and hitting the person, adding more power to the attack by use of speed."

#42 Edited by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack: seriously dude? Did you see the last part of my statement? I put it there just for you, they are very quantifiable

#43 Posted by g2_ (11292 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#44 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: dude, it was an uppercut. How does your statement even make sense to you?

#45 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: dude, it was an uppercut. How does your statement even make sense to you?

What does he do at the very beginning? Oh that's right bullrush. Regardless, it isn't even Superman doing the hit so it is not important in this thread.

#46 Posted by FedExDriver (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#47 Edited by ThunderPrince (6928 posts) - - Show Bio

@lfrankthetank27: With his god mode Thor hits as hard if not harder than Superman.

No Caption Provided

The sheer blunt force required to send Hulk 20-40 meters vertically and over a hundred meters horizontally is a match for any of Superman's punches.

#48 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the answer is as clean-cut as people are making it out to be.

Thor with Mjolnir vs a full swing from Clark is actually debatable. As many know I've raised my points before and many disagree, but it at least brings a new perspective.

#49 Posted by ParagonNate (4615 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with Mjolnir vs a full swing from Clark is actually debatable. As many know I've raised my points before and many disagree, but it at least brings a new perspective.

Except it is. Clark doesn't have anything that can match Thor's Malekith strike. All of his comparable hits were with built up speed from flying, and thus more force and energy, or were with someone like Zod and him flying at each other and slamming into each other. He has nothing like the Malekith strike. Standing and swinging once and generating a shockwave that shatters concrete all round them and covers an absurd distance to obliterate all of the windows in a nearby building.

#50 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

Except it is. Clark doesn't have anything that can match Thor's Malekith strike. All of his comparable hits were with built up speed from flying, and thus more force and energy, or were with someone like Zod and him flying at each other and slamming into each other. He has nothing like the Malekith strike. Standing and swinging once and generating a shockwave that shatters concrete all round them and covers an absurd distance to obliterate all of the windows in a nearby building.

"As many know I've raised my points before and many disagree, but it at least brings a new perspective."

I can't say much more at this point. It's not as though I haven't address this exact feat before. I have, we just have opposing perspectives on this.

I think it's up for more debate than coming to a simple conclusion as you have.