Who has better striking force? Thor (MCU) or Superman (DCEU)

JediXMann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JediXMann

Poll Who has better striking force? Thor (MCU) or Superman (DCEU) (251 votes)

Thor (MCU) 55%
Superman (DCEU) 45%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman by a large margin when thor doesn’t have Mjølnir, and Thor by a good margin when he does have mjolinir.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor with mjolnir

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: I would say in terms of pure striking power, I’ve seen Thor with better feats. Superman would still speed blitz the bell out of him in a real fight.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WastelandMan

With Mjolnir: Thor

Without Mjolnir: Superman

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Superman

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor pretty soundly.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Superman. He moved TECTONIC PLATES FFS. Tricky thread is showing Thors best striking feat and only Supermans average.

Troll thread.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with the bad gif for superman?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anyways Superman should have stronger strikes as far as I remember.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By destinyman75

@alextheboss: except the first two gifs you show is a collision on zod and Superman, Thor's I'm the OP is soundly above that, not to mention ragnarock hulk punch through and around the wall is also above that. The last gif you show is just Clark punching zod in the air, Ironman could have replicated that one

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor with Mjolnir. Superman without it.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75:

except the first two gifs you show is a collision on zod and Superman, Thor's I'm the OP is soundly above that, not to mention ragnarock hulk punch through and around the wall is also above that.

Do you have a video of a gif of what you are talking about in particular. The gif in the OP is impressive but only around the first two I posted. And I posted those because the person who made the thread could of at least put a respectable gif to compare to the Thor one. I would of said the same thing if he put a gif of one of Superman's best feats and a gif of Thor just hitting some guy showing no destruction.

The last gif you show is just Clark punching zod in the air, Ironman could have replicated that one

Since when could Ironman punch someone multiple miles through the air?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman by a large margin

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nearly all of clark's punches were bullrushers,u can't count them as punches.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember Superman striking someone without gaining a large speed beforehand, therefore increasing his momentum, except Punching Steppenwolf once or twice without gaining speed, which produced a visible shockwave, although shockwaves are not a good indicator of strength. It depends upon the mood of the movie makers. So it's difficult to judge.

Thor without Mjolnir isn't comparable to Superman in that department but with it, has even outclassed Superman in striking power. He undoubtedly hits really hard with that Hammer.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Amcu

I don't remember Superman striking someone without gaining a large speed beforehand, therefore increasing his momentum, except Punching Steppenwolf once or twice without gaining speed, which produced a visible shockwave, although shockwaves are not a good indicator of strength. It depends upon the mood of the movie makers. So it's difficult to judge.

Thor without Mjolnir isn't comparable to Superman in that department but with it, has even outclassed Superman in striking power. He undoubtedly hits really hard with that Hammer.

He did here and I think this is one of his best striking feats

Loading Video...

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

With blitz Superman is above Thor with Mjolnir, no blitz and they are equally matched.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@deltahuman said:

He did here and I think this is one of his best striking feats

Loading Video...

That's a nice supersonic punch there. By that punch we can also calculate the minimum distance between him and the train which is around 1km. So that dude was able to throw a train over 1km away... Not bad.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: Yeah Nam-Ek has great pure strength.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor with Mjolnir. Without it Thor has a small edge.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor with Mjolnir

Dunno about without it the uppercut on Hulk had a pretty huge shockwave I'll just say evens without it Superman maybe has an edge

Most of the gifs people use for Superman are bullrushes or collisions

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By a_marques

Mjolnir lightning charged strikes >>>>> Thor's lightning amped punches > Clark's bullrush punches >> Mjolnir regular strikes = Clark's regular punches >> Thor's regular punches.

Mjolnir allows Thor to focus his power far more efficiently. That's why his lightning charged attacks with Mjolnir are so damn powerful.

GCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor because of mjolnir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RR79

@a_marques said:

Mjolnir lightning charged strikes >>>>> Thor's lightning amped punches > Clark's bullrush punches >> Mjolnir regular strikes = Clark's regular punches >> Thor's regular punches.

Mjolnir allows Thor to focus his power far more efficiently. That's why his lightning charged attacks with Mjolnir are so damn powerful.

For the most part I agree with this, however, in Thor Ragnarok he grabs a random weapon(happens to be hammer shape) from the Wall of the Colosseum after Hulk punches him into said wall and hits Hulk with it, and it sends Hulk into another part of the wall and Hulk rolls along the wall halfway around the Colosseum. So even without Mjolnir, just using a hammer shaped weapon, he has very impressive striking power.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: Thor with Mjionir has better striking. God Mode Thor without Mjionir has better striking. Thor with no God mode or Mjionir has inferior striking.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@a_marques said:

For the most part I agree with this, however, in Thor Ragnarok he grabs a random weapon(happens to be hammer shape) from the Wall of the Colosseum after Hulk punches him into said wall and hits Hulk with it, and it sends Hulk into another part of the wall and Hulk rolls along the wall halfway around the Colosseum. So even without Mjolnir, just using a hammer shaped weapon, he has very impressive striking power.

Your striking power is always more impressive when you have a weapon. The hammer Thor had was very big and long and the way he swung it would have been much more powerful than his regular punch. We can still scale his punches though. Hulk in the 2008 movie was barely moved by a grenade launcher. The Mark Ruffalo Hulk is much more powerful, and the Hulk in Ragnarok was stated to be more angry than ever. Thor's hits were hurting Hulk for sure as well, so Thor hits multiple times harder than a regular grenade launcher does. Cap was sent flying by one, so you can imagine what Thor's punches are like.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@a_marques said:

Your striking power is always more impressive when you have a weapon. The hammer Thor had was very big and long and the way he swung it would have been much more powerful than his regular punch. We can still scale his punches though. Hulk in the 2008 movie was barely moved by a grenade launcher. The Mark Ruffalo Hulk is much more powerful, and the Hulk in Ragnarok was stated to be more angry than ever. Thor's hits were hurting Hulk for sure as well, so Thor hits multiple times harder than a regular grenade launcher does. Cap was sent flying by one, so you can imagine what Thor's punches are like.

Oh I agree, I was simply pointing out that he doesn't need Mjolnir to have the type of striking power that he has with Mjolnir, any hammer shape weapon seems to be enough.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor’s is only superior with Mjolnir when he has time to charge his attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor with Mjolnir.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still superman and it's not even close, in combat anyway. Plus all the better striking claims have heavy context in them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still superman and it's not even close, in combat anyway. Plus all the better striking claims have heavy context in them

in superman's ones.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: lol....no, in thor's, what context is there in superman's

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the fact that 90%(made up percentage) of his powerful hits are with him flying into and hitting the person, adding more power to the attack by use of speed. What context is there in Thor's?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By destinyman75

@DammeFavour: by the look of this thread exscuses won't get you far sorry you lose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

give me one quantifaiable punch that is not a bullrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:
@DammeFavour said:

Maybe the fact that 90%(made up percentage) of his powerful hits are with him flying into and hitting the person, adding more power to the attack by use of speed. What context is there in Thor's?

the rest 10% are barely quantifiable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: @mowjack: both very quantifiable and without added context. your turn. You know thor has attempted an uppercut twice with the same opponent which is hulk, once with mjonir in the helicarrier that only sent hulk a few metres and in ragnarok and it didn't even change hulk's momentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: @mowjack:both very quantifiable and without added context. your turn

you call this impressive?

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: @mowjack:both very quantifiable and without added context. your turn

Actually, while the first one can be calculated, the second one, while not even being Superman hitting someone, is just like I said "him flying into and hitting the person, adding more power to the attack by use of speed."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: seriously dude? Did you see the last part of my statement? I put it there just for you, they are very quantifiable

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: dude, it was an uppercut. How does your statement even make sense to you?

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: dude, it was an uppercut. How does your statement even make sense to you?

What does he do at the very beginning? Oh that's right bullrush. Regardless, it isn't even Superman doing the hit so it is not important in this thread.

FedExDriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ThunderPrince

@lfrankthetank27: With his god mode Thor hits as hard if not harder than Superman.

No Caption Provided

The sheer blunt force required to send Hulk 20-40 meters vertically and over a hundred meters horizontally is a match for any of Superman's punches.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the answer is as clean-cut as people are making it out to be.

Thor with Mjolnir vs a full swing from Clark is actually debatable. As many know I've raised my points before and many disagree, but it at least brings a new perspective.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor with Mjolnir vs a full swing from Clark is actually debatable. As many know I've raised my points before and many disagree, but it at least brings a new perspective.

Except it is. Clark doesn't have anything that can match Thor's Malekith strike. All of his comparable hits were with built up speed from flying, and thus more force and energy, or were with someone like Zod and him flying at each other and slamming into each other. He has nothing like the Malekith strike. Standing and swinging once and generating a shockwave that shatters concrete all round them and covers an absurd distance to obliterate all of the windows in a nearby building.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

Except it is. Clark doesn't have anything that can match Thor's Malekith strike. All of his comparable hits were with built up speed from flying, and thus more force and energy, or were with someone like Zod and him flying at each other and slamming into each other. He has nothing like the Malekith strike. Standing and swinging once and generating a shockwave that shatters concrete all round them and covers an absurd distance to obliterate all of the windows in a nearby building.

"As many know I've raised my points before and many disagree, but it at least brings a new perspective."

I can't say much more at this point. It's not as though I haven't address this exact feat before. I have, we just have opposing perspectives on this.

I think it's up for more debate than coming to a simple conclusion as you have.