Who Did Better Against MCU Thor: Iron Man or Hulk?

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Who Did Better Against MCU Thor: Iron Man or Hulk? (47 votes)

Hulk 77%
Iron Man 23%

Iron Man's fight against Thor is highly underrated considering he was facing a bloodlusted Thor with Mjolnir, unlike Hulk.

I Think IW Iron Man would beat Phase 1 Thor and Ragnarok Thor

• 
Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FinalKingThanos

Hahah what? Hulk obviously he could actually beat him.

Hulkbuster vs Thor could be fun.

HellfireUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HellfireUnit

Hulk. Thor was weakened due to Dark Energy consumption in order to travel to Earth. A weakened Thor still crushed Tony's Armor like a tin can.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk definitely

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ready_4_Madness  Online

He made Hulk look kind of easy.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK stop with the bullshit about Thor being weakened. That rumor comes from one of those barely canon tie in comics that only five people on the planet earth actually read.

In the comic, Odin says that using dark magic will have consequences for both him and Thor. That’s it. He never says anything about the dark magic somehow taking away Thor’s physical strength or lightning power.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor was weakened in his fight with Iron Man and still was crushing bits of his armor easily.

Now as far as Tony's IW suit I can see an argument for it beating Phase 1 Thor and Ragnarok Thor pre awakening. But the Mark 6 has no chance.

HellfireUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HellfireUnit

@the_hajduk: Firstly, that comic is canon. Second, usage of Dark Energy seriously affected Odin even Thor being concerned about his father's health. Later on, he was placed on Eir's care. It weakened both of them significantly.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was beating Thor

IM was not

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4092c43d62c
deactivated-5d4092c43d62c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellfireunit: Yeah I’ve heard that narrative spun before. I also read the comic so I can say that nobody claimed that Thor was weakened. You’re gonna have to show me the scans if you want me to buy it.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wasnt even really trying against iron man,.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LuminousHydra

Take a shot everytime a mcu fanboy starts with "Thor was weakened".

And yes, IW iron man would beat most versions of Thor. I think only IW Thor can beat him.

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: lol Thor isn’t losing to Iron Man with anything less than the Hulkbuster or jobbing

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was visibly staggered and losing against Thor.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LuminousHydra

@finalkingthanos said:

@luminoushydra: lol Thor isn’t losing to Iron Man with anything less than the Hulkbuster or jobbing

Wdym? IW iron man > Hulkbuster.

Endgame Thor is much less durable than IW Iron man for instance.

Phase 1 Thor wouldn't be able to put down iron man quickly enough to undermine his regen. If the A1 armor could give Thor some trouble, IW iron man would end him lol.

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos said:

Wdym? IW iron man > Hulkbuster.

Endgame Thor is much less durable than IW Iron man for instance.

Phase 1 too wouldn't be able to put down iron man quickly enough to undermine his regen. If the A1 armor could give Thor much less trouble, IW iron man would end him lol.

In versatility yes but the Hulkbuster is still his largest and most powerful suit surely Iron Mans two bear deaths with Cull and easy loss to Thanos show you that?

Endgame Thor is less durable how exactly ? Lol it’s still Thor.

HellfireUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: IW and EG Iron Man was losing against a fodder such as Cull Obsidian twice in a row. Any version of Thor beats the crap out of Tony. A direct hit from Mjolnir knocked EG Tony, no way he is surviving or hurting Thor.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LuminousHydra

@finalkingthanos: Iron man never came close to losing to Cull. All Cull did was knock him around, there was no indication that his armor was damaged to the point where a hammer strike from Cull would have ended him.

How is Hulkbuster the most durable? IW Iron man took the big rock to the face, while Hulbuster gets torn apart by the claws of Outriders, the same things that had trouble scratching the supersoldiers.

The Hulkbuster was also getting broken by Cull faster than IW Iron man was, despite receiving far fewer hits.

IW Iron man took a sustained power stone blast, more than 10 punches by Thanos while grounded, and a power stone punch (a similar punch ko'ed cap marvel). Despite all of this Iron man was still nowhere close to being knocked out.

On the other hand, Endgame Thor gets ko'ed by Thanos in like 6 hits.

@hellfireunit

Iron man was knocked about the first time, but the fight wasn't conclusive and he wasn't even hurt.

The second time, Cull ambushed him and got stomped before Tony could even land a counter-attack. If Thor were in that same situation, the outcome would have been no different.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: lol. Go ahead and argue with marvel their canon comic isn’t actually canon

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: You’re probably one of those people who still think Daredevil is in the MCU.

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FinalKingThanos

@luminoushydra said:

@finalkingthanos: Iron man never came close to losing to Cull. All Cull did was knock him around, there was no indication that his armor was damaged to the point where a hammer strike from Cull would have ended him.

How is Hulkbuster the most durable? IW Iron man took the big rock to the face, while Hulbuster gets torn apart by the claws of Outriders, the same things that had trouble scratching the supersoldiers.

The Hulbuster was also getting broken by Cull faster than IW Iron man was, despite receiving far fewer hits.

IW Iron man took a sustained power stone blast, more than 10 punches by Thanos while grounded, and a power stone punch (a similar punch ko'ed cap marvel). Despite all of this Iron man was still nowhere close to being knocked out.

On the other hand, Endgame Thor gets ko'ed by Thanos in like 6 hits.

@hellfireunit

Iron man was knocked about the first time, but the fight wasn't conclusive and he wasn't even hurt.

The second time, Cull ambushed him and got stomped before Tony could even land a counter-attack. If Thor were in that same situation, the outcome would have been no different.

It was made very clear Iron Man was done for in both of these moments below.

As soon as Thanos decided to play harder he stomped Tony easily and could rip his armour a part casually, Iron Man isn’t on a level with brutes or powerhouses he needs his versatility, the Hulkbuster is there for a reason.

Thanos actually takes Thor and Hulk seriously hence why He goes hard on them from the get go, he knows Stormbreaker can kill him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: I’m not, but you’re the one telling marvel their canon isn’t actually canon lol

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, this shouldn't be debatable. Hulk outperformed Tony by a large margin.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LuminousHydra

@finalkingthanos:

How is it clear though? All it shows is that Cull was going for one powerful blow. Whether it would have killed Iron man is not very clear. Even so, what feats do Cull's sword thing have to put it above iron man, someone whose suits has tanked the helicopter rotors?

He could only rip apart Tony's armor casually by yanking it or by using the power stone punch. His normal punches were just making small dents on his armor. The Hulkbuster was there because his AoU armor couldn't contend with the Hulk, his current armor has much better feats than the Hulk in general.

Come on, that is a whole bunch of headcanon. By that logic, I could also say that Thanos only goes hard against Tony because he knows Tony is a threat. Which is nonsense too.

Also, regardless of how much Thanos went out on Tony, Thanos clearly performed wayyy more attacks and more powerful hits on iron man than Thor, and Thor went down much faster than IM, therefore it is only logical that EG Thor's durability doesn't surpass iron man.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk, but I agree Bleeding Edge Iron Man would beat Phase 1-2 Thor and Ragnarok Thor.

ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

How is it clear though? All it shows is that Cull was going for one powerful blow. Whether it would have killed Iron man is not very clear. Even so, what feats do Cull's sword thing have to put it above iron man, someone whose suits has tanked the helicopter rotors?

He could only rip apart Tony's armor casually by yanking it or by using the power stone punch. His normal punches were just making small dents on his armor. The Hulkbuster was there because his AoU armor couldn't contend with the Hulk, his current armor has much better feats than the Hulk in general.

Come on, that is a whole bunch of headcanon. By that logic, I could also say that Thanos only goes hard against Tony because he knows Tony is a threat. Which is nonsense too.

Also, regardless of how much Thanos went out on Tony, Thanos clearly performed wayyy more attacks and more powerful hits on iron man than Thor, and Thor went down much faster than IM, therefore it is only logical that EG Thor's durability doesn't surpass iron man.

How the hell isnt it clear? It’s a movie they don’t have to spoon feed ya, the exact same scenario happens in both IW and EG where Cull has Tony floored about to be stabbed and he’s saved by other heroes he even remarks to Wong about being invited to his wedding as home clearly for saving his life.

Mate IW Thanos was holding back for countless PIS reasons it couldn’t be anymore obvious EG Thanos wasnt messing about due to dialogue alone and the vfx and writers even saying they made him physically superior to the IW version.

I do know where your coming from tbh but it just seems a bit overloaded in one fight scene the mcu power levels have a decent consistency throughout the franchise and Iron Man is below Hulk and Thor in power but makes up for it in tech versatility and obviously the biggest one being his intelligence.

If this whole argument is gonna come down to what feats does Culls blade have then it’s pointless because the movie just had people save Tony’s life for no reason because a CV user knows Tony would tank them.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Hajduk

@ecoblitz said:

@the_hajduk: I’m not, but you’re the one telling marvel their canon isn’t actually canon lol

Do you really think Kevin Fiege has every random tie in comic in mind when he is creating new stories? Joss Whedon outright said that he ignored Agents of SHIELD when making Avengers 2 and that it is not part of his continuity.

Bottom line is that the MCU is really just the movies. The corporations just SAY that Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, and the tie in comics are part of the MCU to trick fanboys into giving them more money. Nobody who is actually creatively involved thinks that though, or thinks about every random tie in comic.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention that even if the random oneshot tie in comic from 10 years ago IS totally canon and at the top of Kevin Fiege's mind when he writes new movies, the fact is that the book never said Thor was weakened.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW iron man put u a better fight against thanos than Thor but that was with out his hammer

In Ragnarok, Thor doesn’t have his hammer so I have to say IW iron man wins as he won’t be able to fly and he will be hit and killed by repulsors despite his lightning which won’t touch IW

Phase 1 Thor has the same physicals as Ragnarok Thor or slightly inferior physicals to Ragnarok Thor, but he has he’s hammer which is retarded in its strength

If evaded IW iron man could win in one foul swoop using his multiple repulsors to disintegrate Thor which is more likely to happen then being tagged by the hammer given IW iron man has knowledge of Thor

Hulk is interesting he beats Thor in phase 1 only due to lack of skill and not using he’s weapon effectively Tony or Steve would use it better

Hulk assuming this is Him in avengers which I believe is stronger and more enraged than future versions of hulk will kill Ragnarok Thor as hulk in Ragnarok was less angry and there by weaker

But hulk vs Ragnarok Thor I say is 50/50 due to the fact Ragnarok Thor almost lost to Ragnarok Hulk who is weaker than avengers hulk

I maybe wrong change my mind

HellfireUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: That fight would be over if Wong didn't BFR Cull. Tony's suit is too damn durable but piercing finishes him.

In second fight, had Thor been hit from behind like Tony did, he'd simply turn back and proceed to butcher Cull immediately. Tony's weapons didn't even affected Cull. Mjolnir knocked Cull away like nothing. So yeah, Tony was getting his ass kicked. He would not do any better against Thor, Hulk, Thanos in any scenario. Hell I doubt if Tony could take Heimdall with that suit.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is close but Hulk. He actually made Thor bleed. The only thing Iron Man has going for him is that Thor was not holding back as much but Stark could not put a scratch on him.

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Ironman is ssssssssssoooooooo underrated.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whyzoserious: He got 1 shotted by Thor in EG he doesnt have the ability to defeat thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5d489a021333f
deactivated-5d489a021333f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Hulk.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk's stronger than either, he'd only lose to Thor because of his weapon and lightning.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that was rocking Thor's brain so he hard he made him see visions of his death father.

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk and it's not close. Yes, Iron Man put up a good fight against phase 1 thor but he was clearly inferior to thor throughout the fight while the fight between Hulk and Thor was very close and almost seemingly in Hulks favor.

IW Iron Man has alot of versatility and solid regen but I wouldnt put him above Phase 1 Thor or Hulk. The biggest concern I have for IW IM is how much damage output did he demonstrate. I dont think it was enough to put down phase 1 Thor and maybe not even Hulk

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
Asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk. Hulk made Thor bleed and in both ocasions gave a great fight

In the script Thor and Hulk were having a "even fight" even tho in the film Hulk had a good edge.

Thor is said to have no-selled Tony repulsors point blank in the script

Thor begins to crush Iron Man’s right gauntlet with ease

Iron Man lifts his palm, that is being crushed, and he fires a blast at Thor’s face -- it does nothing to Thor so he head butts him. Thor headbutts him back. Iron Man flies back, coming to a stop before launching himself at Thor.

(by the way never understood how Thor, Hulk and Thanos can rip the armor with their fingers but Tony can take multiple punches from them)
Thor def can win against most versions of Tony. I want to say however that IW and EG are debatable

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK stop with the bullshit about Thor being weakened. That rumor comes from one of those barely canon tie in comics that only five people on the planet earth actually read.

In the comic, Odin says that using dark magic will have consequences for both him and Thor. That’s it. He never says anything about the dark magic somehow taking away Thor’s physical strength or lightning power.

So what do you propose that consequences means?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: I don’t know. The plot point was never followed up on because this comic isn’t relevant.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: AoS isn’t a canon tie in comic. The magic forcing Odin to think of the Odin sleep shows its weakening effects...

HellfireUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi: should be MCU Iron Man is too damn overrated.