Who can Thanos NOT beat?

• 91 results
ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I cant think of anyone he would lose to especially if he has prep.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahem...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By transcendence

Depends on how much prep time, but... Lucifer Morningstar.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA

The Presence

Mr Mxy

Adam Warlock (with gauntlet)

Me (with IG)

Me (with HoTU)

Odin

Galactus

Doom (with prep)

Protege

Scathan

Lucifer

The Spectre

Goku

Batman

Wally West

DSS

Hancock

Kirby

Ect...

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rock that hurt Goku.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Dragon Ball, Thanos can be anywhere from high SSJ2 tier to Super Buu level. I feel like Buu is the limit of who he definitely can't beat; pretty much any character under that is at least arguable in Thanos's favor, but between Super Buu's speed, regen, and damage output, I feel like that's the first character Thanos can not defeat no matter what (prep aside). The same is mostly true for Fat Buu, he just lacks as many feats which makes me more hesitant.

So yeah, my answer is Majin Buu.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Dragon Ball, Thanos can be anywhere from high SSJ2 tier to Super Buu level. I feel like Buu is the limit of who he definitely can't beat; pretty much any character under that is at least arguable in Thanos's favor, but between Super Buu's speed, regen, and damage output, I feel like that's the first character Thanos can not defeat no matter what (prep aside). The same is mostly true for Fat Buu, he just lacks as many feats which makes me more hesitant.

What about TP? If he doesn't use TP I think super buu or kid buu can beat thanos.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44: I'm not sure if TP would work on a character like Majin Buu. He's a creature of pure magic, and pre-absorbtions, he barely has a mind at all. If someone tried to use TP on Majin Buu I picture a scenario where they kinda just get immediately booted out, or even just end up harming themselves between Buu's magical nature and pure evilness. Things like that have happened before in comics, Ghost Rider's penance stare backfiring when he tried it against Venom comes to mind, although I can't really prove it since TP has never been used against Buu, it's just what I picture happening in a story. I just don't think a mental attack is the way to go about defeating Buu.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mysticmedivh

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

What about TP? If he doesn't use TP I think super buu or kid buu can beat thanos.

Could Thanos also turn Buu to stone?

LunaticRedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone Above Odin can beat a Thanos without Prep or outside help

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Police

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Thanos can do that? I feel like you're making a joke and I'm not getting it...

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Thanos can do that? I feel like you're making a joke and I'm not getting it...

Thanos did it before.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Claymore1998

That image of batman with Galactus is awesome..

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Police

Not just any police, the NYPD.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

Could Thanos also turn Buu to stone?

Buu himself is a matter manipulator so I don't know if that would work.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Spiderman1997
mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@jashro44: I'm not sure if TP would work on a character like Majin Buu. He's a creature of pure magic, and pre-absorbtions, he barely has a mind at all. If someone tried to use TP on Majin Buu I picture a scenario where they kinda just get immediately booted out, or even just end up harming themselves between Buu's magical nature and pure evilness. Things like that have happened before in comics, Ghost Rider's penance stare backfiring when he tried it against Venom comes to mind, although I can't really prove it since TP has never been used against Buu, it's just what I picture happening in a story. I just don't think a mental attack is the way to go about defeating Buu.

So at the end of the day we can't actually say for sure that TP wouldn't work on him, meaning it's definitely a possibility.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume OP means the least he can't beat. Well, without prep Odin probably.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buu doesn't have any feats against transmutation, so I guess that's a feasible way to defeat him. Although Buu has just as much of a chance since he can transmute Thanos into candy.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stairs and John Constantine. :D

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I suppose. It's also a possibility that while Buu is clutching his head and screaming from the TP, he instinctively absorbs Thanos like he did East Kai, so that tactic wouldn't neccesarily be a win either.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Buu doesn't have any feats against transmutation, so I guess that's a feasible way to defeat him. Although Buu has just as much of a chance since he can transmute Thanos into candy.

Thanos did show some resistance to being altered/warped, no?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Thanos has resisted transmutation as he was travelling through different realities.

No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

Pretty sure Thanos has resisted transmutation as he was travelling through different realities.

No Caption Provided

^ Exactly what I had in mind.

fv5v7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

united world milltary(with prep)

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: @jashro44: Just going by that scan, he isn't resisting transmutation at all, he's clearly being changed and mutated differently in each panel, he's simply enduring through it. The effects in those different dimensions weren't meant to kill him, he was just being warped to match that dimension. It's impressive will power, but if Buu turns him into a jaw breaker that will actually kill him.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: At first I didnt, but under more consideration I think I agree.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Buu doesn't have the damage output to hurt Thanos. Also, the point of that scan showed that Thanos is highly resistant to any outside force attempting to change, be it transmutation or moving through alternate realities.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosrulz:

The Ivory Kings - One of them killed countless Celestials, all three of them killed The Living Tribunal.

@nickzambuto:

Thanos with prep would own any DBZ character. They're powerful and all that but they're all thick as sh*t and with prep Thanos could do almost anything.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Speedster101

@etheral_dreams: Buu screamed through a dimension and is a casual planet Buster. Repeated shots from Buu will do damage. Plus Buu is much faster so he could land a lot of hits.

I think it's the other way around, Thanos can't hurt/ kill Buu...

Also what's stopping him from Absrobing Thanman?

EDIT: something I forgot to mention... Thanos can resist dimension travel and molecule manip. But feats for resisting magical transmutation?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Buu screamed through a dimension and is a casual planet Buster. Repeated shots from Buu will do damage. Plus Buu is much faster so he could land a lot of hits.

I think it's the other way around, Thanos can't hurt/ kill Buu...

Also what's stopping him from Absrobing Thanman?

EDIT: something I forgot to mention... Thanos can resist dimension travel and molecule manip. But feats for resisting magical transmutation?

I'm aware of Buu's (unquantifiable) screaming feat. Also planet busting is nothing to Thanos. He can overpower people like Drax and Gladiator, both of which have destroyed stars/contain supernovas through pure physical strength. He has also survived the explosion of a black hole, and tanked screams from Black Bolt who tore a rift in spacetime 23 light years across.

What exactly is the difference between magical transmutation and cosmic-energy based transmutation? The end-result, which is what Thanos can defend against, is the same.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By renamed040924

@etheral_dreams: False. SSJ2 tier is solar system busting. Even Freeza had the power to destroy a planet 10 times as dense as earth in just one finger. And Super Buu is in a totally different league from Freeza and a Super Saiyan 2. He had the power to rip holes through dimensions by screaming, I'm pretty sure a fully charged ki blast would incinerate Thanos. Frankly, saying someone of Super Buu's caliber can't even injure Thanos at all is fairly ignorant. That scan doesn't prove anything since Thanos WAS affected by transmutation.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: That's good for Thanos, but I specifically said prep aside.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: tearing holes in dimensions is impressive imo. And Buu can do barrages of planet busting Attacks that will atleast harm Thanos.

Plus I fail to see how Thanos will hurt or tag Buu.

If Surfer turns you into a frog via Milecule manip and Strange does with magic, they are distinctly different (atleast I have always thought so). Plus that feat isn't all that good... The reality warping was affecting him, he just was able to recover, Buu wI'll kill him...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I dunno the scan does say it would be a fatal endevour for a lesser being....It seems to be implying someone who isn't thanos would die.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@nickzambuto said:

@etheral_dreams: False. SSJ2 tier is solar system busting. Even Freeza had the power to destroy a planet 10 times as dense as earth in just one finger. And Super Buu is in a totally different league from Freeza and a Super Saiyan 2. He had the power to rip holes through dimensions by screaming, I'm pretty sure a fully charged ki blast would incinerate Thanos. Frankly, saying someone of Super Buu's caliber can't even injure Thanos at all is fairly ignorant.

Stop twisting my words; I never said that Super Buu would never be able to hurt Thanos. Also, once again, how do you quantify the amount of energy needed to break through dimensions? The feat is cool, but really has no application to a fight because you can't prove it has the actual power needed to hurt a target.

Solar System busting is nice; however, Thanos fights and fodderizes people who could easily destroy the Solar System through raw strength; Gladiator casually collapses supernovas back on themselves with his strength and has torn black holes in half, and Drax in fits of rage tears apart stars and doesn't even flinch at the resulting supernova. I'm aware Super Buu should be far above Solar System busting (but still far below galaxy busting), but that level of output won't kill Thanos. Remember, this guy no sells exploding black holes (black holes,especially the larger ones, can have the mass of millions of stars concentrated in the singularity).

Not to mention Thanos has several powers that would allow him to beat Buu like telepathy and stasis fields.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus methinks

LT

Blah blah blah

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@etheral_dreams: False. SSJ2 tier is solar system busting. Even Freeza had the power to destroy a planet 10 times as dense as earth in just one finger. And Super Buu is in a totally different league from Freeza and a Super Saiyan 2. He had the power to rip holes through dimensions by screaming, I'm pretty sure a fully charged ki blast would incinerate Thanos. Frankly, saying someone of Super Buu's caliber can't even injure Thanos at all is fairly ignorant.

Stop twisting my words; I never said that Super Buu would never be able to hurt Thanos. Also, once again, how do you quantify the amount of energy needed to break through dimensions? The feat is cool, but really has no application to a fight because you can't prove it has the actual power needed to hurt a target.

Solar System busting is nice; however, Thanos fights and fodderizes people who could easily destroy the Solar System through raw strength; Gladiator casually collapses supernovas back on themselves with his strength and has torn black holes in half, and Drax in fits of rage tears apart stars and doesn't even flinch at the resulting supernova. I'm aware Super Buu should be far above Solar System busting (but still far below galaxy busting), but that level of output won't kill Thanos. Remember, this guy no sells exploding black holes (black holes,especially the larger ones, can have the mass of millions of stars concentrated in the singularity).

Not to mention Thanos has several powers that would allow him to beat Buu like telepathy and stasis fields.

Not trying to twist your words, your post said "Buu doesn't have the damage output to hurt Thanos." so I took that as meaning you don't think Buu has the damage output to hurt Thanos, because that's what you said. Are you saying that you now DO think Buu can hurt Thanos? If so, given his massive speed that alone should be enough, if you got flicked in the head 10,000 times in one second you would probably be knocked out. As far as I know, like most Marvel powerhouses, Thanos is seriously lacking in terms of reflexes, at least in comparison to his strength.

And how come tearing through dimensions is impressive and quantifiable in comic books when characters like Hulk, Juggernaut, and Superman do it, but it's suddenly unquantifiable when a Dragon Ball character does it? That's not really fair. Drax is strong, but the fact that his feats of destroying stars and black holes never actually reached the point where they broke reality says that Super Buu's feat is better. For all his strength, Drax has always been restricted to one dimension; breaking through dimensions themselves is innately more difficult to do. Plus, as far as I'm aware, the reason a supernova can threaten the solar system is because the star actually expands and envelops the whole thing, it's not strictly the power of the explosion, so Super Perfect Cell and SSJ2 Gohan having the ability to destroy everything in the solar system with just one blast from Earth is actually more powerful, and then Super Buu is way more powerful than them in turn.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trion juggernaut or rune king thor

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super tengen toppa gurren lagann

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA, that's about it. Thanos has proven he can destroy the multi-verse before.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akabane Kuroudo, Der Kaiser, Madara, and Kaguya