Who can defeat the Plutonian?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slimj87d

What is the bare minimum it would take to defeat the Plutonian? Please don't give off answers like "Living Tribunal." I'm more interested in seeing a great fight, so who is the bare minimum in power that can take out the Plutonian? Besides being a Superman clone, here is more information on the Plutonian:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Taken from http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=751226 all the credit goes to Sinestro of that forum. So give him some thanks if you like these scans. These are pre-amped Plutonian also:

Plutonian withstands a nuclear explosion.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3...rajecps020.jpg

Plutonian was able to sustain the gravity well, while the others where turned into slush. It’s a strength feat, since Plutonian is standing up to the weight of an entire solar system.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2...mable21018.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2...mable21019.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6...mable21020.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9...mable21024.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5...mable21023.jpg

Outraces a radio signal before it reaches the orbiting satellite.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2137/irr2p16.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5447/irr2p17.jpg

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7522/irr2p18.jpg

Not fast enough for you? Modeous is receiving a burst of data, at incredible speed measured by picoseconds. Plutonian notices these signals, and outraces them…leading to its source, on Modeous hidden base.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3...rajecps020.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8...rajecps021.jpg

Plutonian was confused here and not fighting back. But he survives a blow, and each one of those blows is equal to the energy of a whole star.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Don't know about beating him. But would a stable Sentry make a good match?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slimj87d

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Don't know about beating him. But would a stable Sentry make a good match?

Stable? I do not believe so. The gravity field the Plutonian was only survived by an Alien that had split a planet in two. He also deliriously went on to kill that Alien while in there.

Sentry would have to void out to defeat Plutonian now because they moth have molecular control. Except Tony can now become intangible. I think the Void vs Plutonian would be a good fight, but the Void got transformed back to Robert when he got hit by a hellicarrier and the Plutonian survives nukes with ease.

I think the Silver Surfer going ALL OUT might be able to beat him because they both have molecular control, can go intangible and are telepathic, but the SS has cosmic awareness. But when Tony was unconscious of how his pwoers work, he was still manipulating other peoples matter and his own matter. He makes other peoples matter soft so they can't harm him and his matter hard as diamonds so when he hits them it kills them.

Plutonian is a beast, no one with physical ability alone like Superman, Captain Marvel, Black Adam can defeat him, it will take cosmic powered beings to do so.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His powers seem similar to Superboy's telekinesis based powers but with a bit more psionics . He is more of a reality warper posing as a Superman. I'm not sure if someone without resistance to reality warping can take him.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Nerx
Should I use Silver Age/Pre Crisis characters?
Should I use Silver Age/Pre Crisis characters?
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Off the top of my head?

Storm

Squirrel Girl

Batman/Iron Man/Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Doom with prep

Zoom

PC Superman

My Mom.

Seriously though I'd like to see him vs Mr. Majestic, Captain Atom, Nova or Silver Surfer.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimj87d

@drgnx said:

His powers seem similar to Superboy's telekinesis based powers but with a bit more psionics . He is more of a reality warper posing as a Superman. I'm not sure if someone without resistance to reality warping can take him.

I don't think you need a large degree but just be capable of controlling your own molecules and matter. Then he would be a battle of who can rewrite each others ability to control molecules.

As for his Psionics, he also has control over energies. I don't doubt if he trained his powers enough he could mimic magneto and even graviton. But he hasn't developed his powers that far yet as of right now.

@Nerx: As long as it makes a great fight, anyone can do. It's just the bare minimum in a hierarchy . Lets not aim for a slaughter of the Plutonian like having him go up against a Celestial or Galactus.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nerx

@SlimJ87D: His powers though seem like something that will build up to sentry then molecule man levels

Just to be sure

WSU - Jenny Quantum, The Doctor

DCU - Dr Fate (Classic)

MU - Dr Strange (Classic)

Darkhorse - Big Head

Image - Darkness

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slimj87d

@Nerx: Lol, Classic Fate and Strange would stomp him very hard. He could change probability, manipulate entropy and see through time and that's only if he moves from Kindergarden to 5th grade. Imagine middle school, high school, college and finally grad school! Pretty nuts. But at this point he has passed grade school now. Changing probability is kind of like reality warper rather than simple molcule control like sentry and molecule man.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nerx

@SlimJ87D: then again he is dabbling in the quantum area , and that skimps between reality warping

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the creator

Kal Kent.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant

@the creator said:

Kal Kent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:

Kal Kent.

Overkill, I'd like to see him vs Kon-El with his shields or Captain Atom.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slimj87d

@drgnx:

@jeanroygrant:

@the creator:

@Nerx:

Just added durability feat. He survives multiple blows, each blow equaling the energy of a whole star.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

@Evil Incarnate said:

Off the top of my head?

Storm

Squirrel Girl

Zoom

PC Superman

My Mom.

Seriously though I'd like to see him vs Mr. Majestic, Captain Atom, Nova or Silver Surfer.

LOL

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By difficlus

Silver Surfer

Majestros with a bit of prep fully geared

Ion-kyle rayner

Captain Atom

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d
@difficlus said:

Silver Surfer

Ion-kyle rayner

Captain Atom

Silver Surfer using his abilities to their full extent can beat him, specially with cosmic awareness. 

Ion HOG Kyle for sure, but normal Ion Kyle didn't really show anything too impressive, specially after he got kidnapped by a yellow lantern ring and they pretty much downplayed all entities after the other 5 came out.  

Majistic would need prep for sure, he wouldn't be able to go head to head with him due to intangibility and surviving 7 to 10 blows each equaling the full complete energy of a star.  

Captain Atom I'm a little iffy about due to Plutonians picosecond speeds, he travel half the earth in a pico second where light travels around the earth 7.4 times in one second. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if he was getting hit with the full power of a star, if the star was powering up the fighter, but its comics so won't try to rationalize that. But still impressive.

Okay, upgrading to Superboy prime (from Kon-El) as an interesting match!

Also, ION (Sadom), with a lantern ring, under a yellow sun.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By slimj87d
@drgnx said:

Not sure if he was getting hit with the full power of a star, if the star was powering up the fighter, but its comics so won't try to rationalize that. But still impressive.

Well Modeus does say it exactly, that each blow kills a star, and after that punch you see a star and its energy dissipate.  

Also, light travels 7.4 times around the earth in 1 second, Plutonian travels half a trillion times around the earth in one second. This is before his power amp as well.  This makes him (Half trillion) / 7.4 times faster than light speed.  

Prime wouldn't be able to fight Plutonian even with Prep. He lacks the intellect to create some kind of device or weapon to fight Plutonian and he doesn't have the ability to control molecules and to control his own molecules which Plutonian will directly manipulate when he punches prime and again he will manipulate when prime punches him.  

So far I think the bare minimum would be Silver Surfer or Mr. Majistic with prep. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By difficlus

@SlimJ87D said:

@difficlus said:

Silver Surfer

Ion-kyle rayner

Captain Atom

Silver Surfer using his abilities to their full extent can beat him, specially with cosmic awareness.

Ion HOG Kyle for sure, but normal Ion Kyle didn't really show anything too impressive, specially after he got kidnapped by a yellow lantern ring and they pretty much downplayed all entities after the other 5 came out.

Majistic would need prep for sure, he wouldn't be able to go head to head with him due to intangibility and surviving 7 to 10 blows each equaling the full complete energy of a star.

Captain Atom I'm a little iffy about due to Plutonians picosecond speeds, he travel half the earth in a pico second where light travels around the earth 7.4 times in one second.

Cap can handle almost any energy/quantum manipulator plus like plutonian he can alter universes at his peak power (see Monarch). Nice picosecond feat but he hasn't been shown to use it in combat though.

For Majestros his gear includes the kusar blades remember which can kill or injure basically any thing in the universe including people with the ability to alter reality at whim (cutting them off from their power even).

PS: is plutonian a good guy or not at the end of Irredeemable?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlimJ87D said:

@drgnx said:

Well Modeus does say it exactly, that each blow kills a star, and after that punch you see a star and its energy dissipate. Also, light travels 7.4 times around the earth in 1 second, Plutonian travels half a trillion times around the earth in one second. This is before his power amp as well. This makes him (Half trillion) / 7.4 times faster than light speed. Prime wouldn't be able to fight Plutonian even with Prep. He lacks the intellect to create some kind of device or weapon to fight Plutonian and he doesn't have the ability to control molecules and to control his own molecules which Plutonian will directly manipulate when he punches prime and again he will manipulate when prime punches him. So far I think the bare minimum would be Silver Surfer or Mr. Majistic with prep.

Yes, I read that, but they were also using one star for every moment he was held down, they mentioned holding him down separate from the punches, you can rationalize the force of holding someone down for a second might take the effort of each punch, but like i said, not worth over rationalizing. My main line thought really had more to do with trying to figure the damage output considering the background damage.

Speed alone SBP won't keep up. Defiiatelty not intellect, I was thinking they would brawl it out in a random encounter but not with that speed difference. I do always question how he will react to cosmic, quantum, and psychic powers.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slimj87d
@difficlus said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@difficlus said:

Silver Surfer

Ion-kyle rayner

Captain Atom

Cap can handle almost any energy/quantum manipulator plus like plutonian he can alter universes at his peak power (see Monarch). Nice picosecond feat but he hasn't been shown to use it in combat though.

For Majestros his gear includes the kusar blades remember which can kill or injure basically any thing in the universe including people with the ability to alter reality at whim (cutting them off from their power even).

Didn't Monarch have to absorb other Captain Atom's powers? Well I guess a fight with Plutonian could really go either way, to be honest the same with Silver Surfer since all have had their share of low and high showings. At Captain Atom and SS's best showings they would surely win. 

Well Irredeemable hasn't ended yet but I can see he is having a  change of heart only because he's selfish. He doesn't do good things for the greater good, he's pretty selfish. He will always be naturally evil because of his cruel upbringing. He was first raised my a psycho, and moved from family to family that rejected him when he displayed his powers. One family even went their whole lives never speaking a word so he could not hear them. My memory is a little hazy, but I think one of them accidentally whispered and Plutonian appeared and murdered them.  

Man I feel like I haven't ran into you for awhile, guess we've just been in different battle threads. Nice chatting with you again.  

@drgnx  said: 

@SlimJ87D said:

@drgnx said:

Well Modeus does say it exactly, that each blow kills a star, and after that punch you see a star and its energy dissipate. Also, light travels 7.4 times around the earth in 1 second, Plutonian travels half a trillion times around the earth in one second. This is before his power amp as well. This makes him (Half trillion) / 7.4 times faster than light speed. Prime wouldn't be able to fight Plutonian even with Prep. He lacks the intellect to create some kind of device or weapon to fight Plutonian and he doesn't have the ability to control molecules and to control his own molecules which Plutonian will directly manipulate when he punches prime and again he will manipulate when prime punches him. So far I think the bare minimum would be Silver Surfer or Mr. Majistic with prep.

Yes, I read that, but they were also using one star for every moment he was held down, they mentioned holding him down separate from the punches, you can rationalize the force of holding someone down for a second might take the effort of each punch, but like i said, not worth over rationalizing. My main line thought really had more to do with trying to figure the damage output considering the background damage.

Speed alone SBP won't keep up. Defiiatelty not intellect, I was thinking they would brawl it out in a random encounter but not with that speed difference. I do always question how he will react to cosmic, quantum, and psychic powers.

Yeah, brute physical force against Plutonian isn't the way to go. The best people to fight against him are probably those you listed, cosmic, energy manipulators and possibly telepathic although he is a telepath himself now and can steal any information from a person's brain and I think when he was captured by aliens he showed some telepathic resistance.  

Martian Manhunter might be a good fight for him but he would probably lose due to both being strong, intangible but Plutonian having a wide range of other abilities Manhunter doesn't have.  

Sodam Yat as an experienced Ion might be able to tango with him but he just never reached his full potential. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d

Bump. 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By difficlus

@SlimJ87D said:

@difficlus said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@difficlus said:

Silver Surfer

Ion-kyle rayner

Captain Atom

Didn't Monarch have to absorb other Captain Atom's powers? Well I guess a fight with Plutonian could really go either way, to be honest the same with Silver Surfer since all have had their share of low and high showings. At Captain Atom and SS's best showings they would surely win.

Well Irredeemable hasn't ended yet but I can see he is having a change of heart only because he's selfish. He doesn't do good things for the greater good, he's pretty selfish. He will always be naturally evil because of his cruel upbringing. He was first raised my a psycho, and moved from family to family that rejected him when he displayed his powers. One family even went their whole lives never speaking a word so he could not hear them. My memory is a little hazy, but I think one of them accidentally whispered and Plutonian appeared and murdered them.

Man I feel like I haven't ran into you for awhile, guess we've just been in different battle threads. Nice chatting with you again.

Yep, you're always into intellectual conversations and such, i haven't been on the vine as regularly because of work load and such though.

Yeah Monarch is Atom times 50 (or 52) since he basically absorbed all of them. would probably make a very god case for him

So basically he only wants to get rid of this ultimate evil to save his own skin? I hear there's a new bad guy in the series he has to put up against. Isn't that what these tests are trying to prepare him for, or why else is Qubit helping him now.

His origin story reminds me of Supreme Power (another really good superman clone based series) in that Mark Milton was also decieved by those around him but he still managed to be a good guy.

Would you recommend getting Irredemable? What's your rating out of 5?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d

@difficlus: I'm really into science so I love the explanations he gives for things that happen. The first few issues I would rate a 4, but then it does down a bit. Overall a 3.75, very entertaining read though. If you are a Superman fan though, the series is easily a 4. It is exactly how Superman would be if he didn't have his parents. One of the problems he has is not being able to find a suitable woman that can sleep with him because he's so powerful.

There is a series branch off called incorruptible, which is Plutonian's arch nemesis who does the opposite of Plutonian and starts to take down all his old partners in crime. That series is like a 3/5 If you liked the feats I posted, the series is full of those kind of details.

Plutonian is still evil, Quibit made him a promise and that's why he's trying to right wrongs. But you're going to have to find that out yourself.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus

Adding Mantis to the list too, not even atom could defeat him IIRC.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Evil Incarnate said:

Off the top of my head?

Storm

Squirrel Girl

Zoom

PC Superman

My Mom.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NerdsFTW

@jeanroygrant said:

@the creator said:

Kal Kent.
KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KMART4455

Jimmy Olsen

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AngryHulks

Superboy Prime

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@SlimJ87D: easy, the woman in the scan.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By slimj87d

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@SlimJ87D: easy, the woman in the scan.

Well it's kind of different and difficult.

Spoielrs ahead!

1. The women is actually being mind controlled by Plutonians arch nemesis Modeus, who is a genius, homosexual that is in love with the Plutonian.

2. Modeus is a genius probably on Reed Ricahrds level or even above in this Universe. He's more of like a Doctor Doom too except homosexually driven by his love for Plutonian.

3. Modeus took over this girls body because Plutonian once had an affair with her. And Modeus understood her powers more than she even did. That and he majorly prepped for the fight to amp her powers.

So Modeus had a lot of prep and thought into this fight. Plutonian was also confused about the situation and wasn't even fighting back because he still had feelings for the girl's body. Kind of a strange situation and far from a random encounter.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Is Plutonian a DC character?

The bar minimum would be a high-level cosmic character, so top-tier Heralds, Thor, BRB, High Evolutionary or Doom w/prep. A few Omega-level mutants might be able to take him, Vulcan? Nate Grey? I wonder if Magneto or Graviton could beat him...

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By slimj87d

@ChaosBlazer said:

The bar minimum would be a high-level cosmic character, so top-tier Heralds, Thor, BRB, High Evolutionary or Doom w/prep. A few Omega-level mutants might be able to take him, Vulcan? Nate Grey? I wonder if Magneto or Graviton could beat him...

Magneto and Graviton can't defeat him. He could blow up a mountain by snapping his fingers. And he can manipulate metal itself, not by magnetism but actually manipulate it at a particle level and move it about.

I think the bare minimum would be Mr. Majestic IMO. He has the brains, speed, weaponry and fighting skills. So he's not just specialized in one area, he's a master or power house in many areas.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jeanroygrant

King Thor. Respect the king of Asgard!!!

GlassRiddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GlassRiddle

Batman with prep.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jayfournines

@SlimJ87D said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Magneto and Graviton can't defeat him. He could blow up a mountain by snapping his fingers. And he can manipulate metal itself, not by magnetism but actually manipulate it at a particle level and move it about.

I think the bare minimum would be Mr. Majestic IMO. He has the brains, speed, weaponry and fighting skills. So he's not just specialized in one area, he's a master or power house in many areas.

Honestly I don't think anyone like Majestic could defeat him...with the exception of Rob Liefeld's plot device Supreme or someone on the level of Dr. Solar...

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By eatmore_payless

THINK A SHAMAN NATE GREY WITH DO THE JOB

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By slimj87d

@Jayfournines: Well I think the blades Majestic has can do the trick, and he's really smart. Give him 1 minute of prep and maybe he can do it. The blades cut at a microlevel and are indestructible from what I can remember. Plutonian has to focus to heal himself, during a fight I don't think he has been shown to heal instantly but only a little after his injuries healed. So if Majestic chopped his head off then maybe he could win with those blades.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jayfournines

@SlimJ87D said:

@Jayfournines: Well I think the blades Majestic has can do the trick, and he's really smart. Give him 1 minute of prep and maybe he can do it. The blades cut at a microlevel and are indestructible from what I can remember. Plutonian has to focus to heal himself, during a fight I don't think he has been shown to heal instantly but only a little after his injuries healed. So if Majestic chopped his head off then maybe he could win with those blades.

The thing is that...Plutonian can match all the physical attributes (not the mental, Tony is nowhere near as smart as Majestic) and alter reality around him. If the creation blades are made of molecules...then Plutonian can screw with them. He's a beast.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By slimj87d

@Jayfournines said:

@SlimJ87D said:

The thing is that...Plutonian can match all the physical attributes (not the mental, Tony is nowhere near as smart as Majestic) and alter reality around him. If the creation blades are made of molecules...then Plutonian can screw with them. He's a beast.

True, I also forgot he's like Martian Manhunter, he can go intangible.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tyrus

Just send in the entire Marvel/DC universe on Plutonian's ass...