Who can beat the flash?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Flash and think he is way to under rated. What do you think?

#2 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna see the flash in a race with Northstar.

marvel stated it is theoretically possible for Northstar to reach 99% of the speed of light.

#3 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashs gone faster then that and survived sont ask me to back it up but im sure he has

#4 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i know the flash is fast lol

but it was never stated how fast.

i'm not sure but i dont think he can break the speed of light.

#5 Posted by Mother Brain (45 posts) - - Show Bio

If you break the speed of light then you will be atomized by gravitational force.

#6 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah so then the flash hasn't.

#7 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

no he was pulled into the speed force not all scientific laws apply to comics

#8 Posted by Mother Brain (45 posts) - - Show Bio

There are only 3 ways not to be crushed by gravitational force if you surpass the speed of light. A. go into a seperate demension. B. usage of a wormhole. C. Teleportation.

#9 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

i know but that all doesnt have to apply to the flash because hes not real

Like why can Sup's fly????

#10 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah its a comic book.

i still think the race would be close. other than that i think in a fight Northstar would have it. His body is super dense.

#11 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

well your entitled to your opinoin

i thikn some one of global threat like darkside would be hard for him but i think he could do it.

#12 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah he can vibrate his molecules. whould be good to see.

#13 Posted by Epic (6 posts) - - Show Bio

He is so underated. hitting someone at that speed would be a TKO.
Post Edited:2007-06-09 18:08:25

#14 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he is underated but he's not invulnerable so the IF is that, If any one can grab him or hit him he could be out. like Superboy prime, Flash hit him i dont know how many times with his light speed punch Superboy prime kinda brushed it off.

#15 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

A speed bump
Post Edited:2007-06-09 21:59:44

#16 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6439 posts) - - Show Bio

That or New York traffic.

#17 Posted by Mixed Man (24 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"yeah its a comic book. i still think the race would be close. other than that i think in a fight Northstar would have it. His body is super dense."

No the race would not be close for the following reasons,

1. The flash can accelerate a lot faster than northstar

2. Northstar can theoretically reach 99% the speed of light but friction forces in the atmosphere would kill him. As he flies faster, the intermolecular forces between his bodies molecules get stronger, so he can withstand more environmental forces but this increase in duarbility does not progress above around mach 10. So if he tries to travel at hundreds of thousands of miles an hour, his body would literally fly apart due to gravitational shear stresses. That and the fact that he still has to breath normally so mach 10 is about a practical limit for the guy (Flash you will note does not have this problem - due to his speed aura).

As for who can beat the Flash in a fight - that's a difficult question. Pretty much no one can hit him with a physial attack - even area effect ones - as long as he has some where to run to. He himself can not only hit people at superspeed but do all the nasty stuff like take a large nail and run at his opponent at mach 100, release the nail and stop - instant rail gun.

I would think the only way to beat him is with a telepathic attack and the attack would need to be launched from an unknown location as the Flash could be to a known loaction on the planet in fractions of a second. Ideally the opponent launching this telepathic attack could do with being non-corporeal and as the Flash still needs to sleep, someone who can find the Flash and attack at a vulnerable moment. So a good example of all of this would be the Marvel villian, Shadowking. The Martian Manhunter would be a DC option, as his telepathic abilities seem to be able to operate on a planetary scale (finding a mind and controlling it), and he could hover in the upper atmosphere, invisible and attack the Flash telepathically.

#19 Posted by General Sylux (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos can defeat the flash and so can venom, Venom will use his muck to slow down flash and thanos just creates a speed bump in front of flash and flash grinds into the ground at mach 500.

#20 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I agree that any high-order telepath could do it. Zoom could do it. He slows down time to such an extent that Flash appears in slow motion to him. Flash can beat anyone in a race, as he can run faster than the speed of light. He can now steal anyone's kinetic energies to make himself faster. So if Northstar raced him, Flash would turn him to stone, and he would just run that much faster.

#21 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"acewasp23 says:
"yeah its a comic book. i still think the race would be close. other than that i think in a fight Northstar would have it. His body is super dense."
No the race would not be close for the following reasons, 1. The flash can accelerate a lot faster than northstar 2. Northstar can theoretically reach 99% the speed of light but friction forces in the atmosphere would kill him. As he flies faster, the intermolecular forces between his bodies molecules get stronger, so he can withstand more environmental forces but this increase in duarbility does not progress above around mach 10. So if he tries to travel at hundreds of thousands of miles an hour, his body would literally fly apart due to gravitational shear stresses. That and the fact that he still has to breath normally so mach 10 is about a practical limit for the guy (Flash you will note does not have this problem - due to his speed aura). As for who can beat the Flash in a fight - that's a difficult question. Pretty much no one can hit him with a physial attack - even area effect ones - as long as he has some where to run to. He himself can not only hit people at superspeed but do all the nasty stuff like take a large nail and run at his opponent at mach 100, release the nail and stop - instant rail gun. I would think the only way to beat him is with a telepathic attack and the attack would need to be launched from an unknown location as the Flash could be to a known loaction on the planet in fractions of a second. Ideally the opponent launching this telepathic attack could do with being non-corporeal and as the Flash still needs to sleep, someone who can find the Flash and attack at a vulnerable moment. So a good example of all of this would be the Marvel villian, Shadowking. The Martian Manhunter would be a DC option, as his telepathic abilities seem to be able to operate on a planetary scale (finding a mind and controlling it), and he could hover in the upper atmosphere, invisible and attack the Flash telepathically. "

amen brother

and as for this Speed bump thing its stupid the flash would see it and run A around it or B away from it

and vemons crap Flash could just spina round sending the muck flying eveywhere

i love flash

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
#22 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

i say the flash has the power to beat anyone

#23 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

KK i have this the guardians of the universe..

#24 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash can't beat everybody. What about him vs the Destroyer Armor? Surfer? Scarlet Witch? Galactus? Beyonder? Flash is not as indestructable as he seems

#25 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash can't beat everybody. What about him vs the Destroyer Armor? Surfer? Scarlet Witch? Galactus? Beyonder? Flash is not as indestructable as he seems

#26 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

he could your ass thats for sure

Now hold your breaths what do you think of this as a comic:

Flash and Batman, the original odd couple.

#27 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

Your first statement made no sense. But original odd couple does have humor to it.

#28 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

he could kick your ass for sure

oh yeah im telling you its going to go far

#29 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Ok, I agree that any high-order telepath could do it. Zoom could do it. He slows down time to such an extent that Flash appears in slow motion to him. Flash can beat anyone in a race, as he can run faster than the speed of light. He can now steal anyone's kinetic energies to make himself faster. So if Northstar raced him, Flash would turn him to stone, and he would just run that much faster."
A telepath could only beat Flash if the telepath could think at Flash's speed. Flash moves at speeds faster than what someone can think. Any person who can move close to Flash's Speed or faster is able to beat him. Any besides that would have a hard time but still possible due to Flash not using his abilities to their fullest.
Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
#30 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean is that he has a chance to beat anyone.

#31 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother Brain says:

"There are only 3 ways not to be crushed by gravitational force if you surpass the speed of light. A. go into a seperate demension. B. usage of a wormhole. C. Teleportation. "

You forgot Warp Engines.

#32 Posted by Satyrquaze (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"i mean is that he has a chance to beat anyone."

Surfer can match his speed (as covered in an earlier thread), and overpower him with the Power Cosmic.

#33 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Mother Brain says:
"There are only 3 ways not to be crushed by gravitational force if you surpass the speed of light. A. go into a seperate demension. B. usage of a wormhole. C. Teleportation. "
You forgot Warp Engines. "

Warp engines would be a sort of seperate dimension. Youre basically warping this dimension around your ship, creating a pocket dimension.

That is if you want to be unnecessarily technnical about it. ;)

#34 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

Um yeah. Surfer Kills Flash

#35 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

I could think of a few people who could beat flash, such as Selene, Holocaust, Hyperion, Blackbody, Famine, Mephisto, Dr. Strange, Akhenaten, Odin, Shuma Gorath, Dweller In Darkness, Dr. Doom, Doop, etc.

#36 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought of somebody. The Fury, he can change his abilities for situations. He can run faster than Flash and kick his ass

#37 Posted by subzero33 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

me just kiding i dont know

#38 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I just thought of somebody. The Fury, he can change his abilities for situations. He can run faster than Flash and kick his ass"

yeah he could alter the reality there in change his speed to outmatch the flash its endless what he could do

#39 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

The Banshee can do it too. He can unleash a sonic scream of such a magnitude, he can kill Flash.

#40 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Flash could beat Surfer he could use infinite mass punch or revibrate his molucles through him or something

as for the sonic wave now thats a challenge i think he could out run it easily as its only going at the speed of sound and he can go at the speed of light.

#41 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"I think Flash could beat Surfer he could use infinite mass punch or revibrate his molucles through him or something as for the sonic wave now thats a challenge i think he could out run it easily as its only going at the speed of sound and he can go at the speed of light."

The surfer can move faster than the speed of light.

What about the fury i really think he could kill him fast

#42 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah id say Fury could do it

#43 Posted by Eternal Chaos (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fury can excell anybody he chooses

#44 Posted by Thunderman (239 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can beat the Flash

#45 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

The mothra twins can kill flash with their song it's that annoying.

#46 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

nope Flash out runs the speed of sound so it never touches his ears

#47 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

They ask him nicely to sit down and listen to it and in one milisecond flash dies.

#48 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

your stupid

#49 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Mothra logic get over it.

#50 Posted by Spectrum (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

i still mantain your stupidity