• GoW 3 variants of the character(s)
  • Win by death, knock-out or surrender
  • Fight starts on an empty island

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#2 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17249 posts) - - Show Bio

White Beard shatters them

#3 Edited by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

Massive Mismatch any of the three solo.

Also why is GoW 2 kratos in the picture?

#4 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos was stunned by a small shockwave by Hercules, Poseidon got bloodied by getting thrown against a wall, his water form got smashed by Gaia’s fist and Hades has no note worthy durability feats at all and got bloodied from having his face smashed against a ceiling.

There’s no reason why Whitebeard doesn’t kill them with a few quakes.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
#5 Edited by TheSerbianEmpire (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Lmao

I don't know enough about Whitebeard to say, just wanted to laugh at the absolute nitpicking and simplifying of feats above.

#6 Posted by Cutting_Edge (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

God of War.

#7 Posted by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie:

kratos also survived and tanked the attack of a titans clap.

Poseidon has massive AOE attacks along with "sea horses" to attack as well. Gaia>anything whitebeard can do.

Hades can RIP whitebeards soul out gg

#8 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwizzard17:

Ah good for him...against the closest type of attack to what Whitebeard has, he didn’t far well and a Titan’s clap isn’t even comparable even if they were the same type of attack.

Lmao, so that punch Gaia performed on Poseidon was greater than island splitting? Wake up. Poseidon gets one-shotted, his sea horses get one-shorted, his durability feats aren’t good enough.

Yea not before Edward one-shots him with a quake punch, you’re not convincing anyone.

#9 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: Do go on, all of that was relevant for why they get one or two-shotted.

#10 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

Wb isn't durable enough. he could one shot them, but they can all severly damage him before he gets that chance.

#11 Edited by TheSerbianEmpire (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: "Kratos was stunned by a small shockwave by Hercules"

He also tanked a Volcanic eruption that sunk Atlantis with ease.

"Poseidon got bloodied by getting thrown against a wall, his water form got smashed by Gaia’s fist "

He was already injured when Kratos threw him, and Gaia along with the rest of the Titans can make a enormous Mountain shake just by climbing, a full power punch would have much more force.

"and Hades has no note worthy durability feats at all and got bloodied from having his face smashed against a ceiling."

Tanking Atlas's earthquake and Kratos struggling/unable to kill him are both impressive. Note a Atlas who has been tormented for years with Lava pooring on him effortlessly pushed through the Earths crust after giving the last of his magic to Kratos.

#12 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire:

And as for an actual shockwave which is more relevant as it’s the most similar to Whitebeard’s offense, he got stunned.

He has no note worthy durability feats and it was the collision itself that damaged him the most, the damage up until that point was directed as his water form.

I saw said ‘earthquake tanking’, all that happened was the earth tremored and was sent flying a small distance, why is this impressive. It isn’t as if Atlas pounded on him directly, it’s an earthquake, the full DC isn’t focused on Hades and the quake itself visually wasn’t anything to brag about. ‘Tanking’ an earthquake doesn’t even make any sense.

#14 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: gow and op are both mid-tier verse. I wouldn't say this thread is indicative of anything wank related.

#16 Edited by TheSerbianEmpire (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: "And as for an actual shockwave which is more relevant as it’s the most similar to Whitebeard’s offense, he got stunned."

Does Whitebeard use blunt trauma to cause his Earthquakes?

He does tank Baldurs punches, which cause Shockwaves also and is mountain+ level striking.

"He has no note worthy durability feats and it was the collision itself that damaged him the most, the damage up until that point was directed as his water form."

I do agree with this tbh, though im still pretty sure he took atleast some damage from the Titans punch, I think Poseidon is better suited for a support role.

But tbf old Kratos is shown to be Earthquake level in his fight with Baldur.

"I saw said ‘earthquake tanking’, all that happened was the earth tremored and was sent flying a small distance, why is this impressive. It isn’t as if Atlas pounded on him directly, it’s an earthquake, the full DC isn’t focused on Hades and the quake itself visually wasn’t anything to brag about. ‘Tanking’ an earthquake doesn’t even make any sense."

It caused large cracks that traveled a km+ in seconds and sent a being that dwarfed houses flying 100s of meters, pretty impressive. The way I see the quake, its his blunt force traveling through the ground through the cracks it causes, which obviously dont behave like a regular Earthquake anyway.

#17 Posted by LUFFYISKING (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Massive mismatch Whitebeard solos the verse.

#18 Edited by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to take this thread as a joke. The three solo stomps lol no sell all whitebeards attacks. The wank is super strong and I'm sure everyone wanking whitebeard has never touched a GoW game

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#19 Edited by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#20 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't these guys city block?

Isn't Whitebeard the guy who has the best endurance of all mid tiers, period?

Isn't Whitebeard the guy who literally hit someone and the shock wave was city level, at least?

How is this fair?

How?

Unless they can decapitate him or rip him to shreds, they aren't putting him down.

#21 Edited by WhatamIseeing (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas getting low balled is multi-continental in strength, he literally lifts the world in his hands. Kratos is able to break free from his grasp and survive his attacks. Nothing whitebeard can do can match the strength of Atlas. Kratos has the strength to harm Atlas and Cronos who are multi-continental in durability.

Kratos blocks or reflects all those shockwaves and literally rips whitebeard in half or fires a beam from the blade of Olympus and he’s dead

Kratos no diffs

#22 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#23 Posted by Skrskr (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

@whatamiseeing: how are atlas or cronos multi continental in durability?

#24 Posted by WhatamIseeing (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr:

strength, durability, stamina and resilience are proportional what reason would they not be. If Titans had lower durability than strength titans would one shot one another which wouldnt make sense. Think of them as people but larger.

Zeus and Cronos fought. That means Zeus has multi-continent durability and Zeus would need multi-continent+ attacks to overpower Cronos and his attacks. Cronos taking those attacks would make his durability multi-continent

#25 Posted by Skrskr (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

@whatamiseeing: so nothing actually showing multi continental...

Strength does not equal striking power not does it equate durability

He has no showing of doing anything damage related with his strength, nothing even country level

Kratos struggles with a lot less physically and doesn’t have any strength feat bordering country level.

#26 Posted by WhatamIseeing (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr:

In this situation how does that make sense. You’re saying if I have the strength to lift a fully grown human up with one arm with ease, I won’t have the striking power to severely damage them with one punch?

How does it make sense to you that someone who can lift the entire Earth for how many years with ease can’t destroy a country. Logic needs to be used here

A young Zeus has the strength to overpower Cronos, God of war 3 Zeus is much stronger and kratos could overpower him.

#27 Posted by Zachary327 (356 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see how whitebeard is able to resist the attacks from those 3 and somehow keep up for some time. However, I would say whitebeard will lose at the end due to his illness.

#28 Posted by Djoss (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos cut him in half while he is dealing with Poseidon and Hades

#29 Posted by Cypher0120 (689 posts) - - Show Bio

@whatamiseeing:

This is not lifting the entire Earth. Especially if Atlas isn' the only support that exists in the Underworld. And you can see it clearly in the game itself. Plus, as of God of War 4, we know everything previous took place only in Greece as all Kratos and another boat captain had to do was travel North to get to Norse Lands. Their 'world' is smaller given their obviously limited knowledge.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#30 Posted by Subbat321 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Whitebeard.

#31 Posted by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher0120: lol at that same pic going around as if it means any strong evidence.

At the same time GoW has introduced a retcon to its whole mythos. Originally Primordials forged the entire earth and comos through war, some of those exist like Gaia and Cronos. Beings like Zeus have overthrown the two making them vastly superior. Of course with the recent GoW we now know gods are in charge of their respective area but that doesn't mean they're close, I fact Krstos had to travel extremely far to get from Greece to sloveina.

Either way whitebeard has no feats to put him against a God from God of War.

#32 Edited by Chad_Duby (6047 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the director of God of war say that Kratos can lift the world?

I think this video gives a lot of information, even though the later part is pure wank.

Loading Video...

#33 Edited by Shadowwaker (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher0120: Oh so now people want to use outside gameplay, that's funny with the exception for the second picture of course. Anyway. That's all been addressed brother. Atlas is on the very edge, while in game there are many and many more rock to go. This is shown in both god of war 2 and chains of olympus. In the game "Chains of Olympus." They address only one pillar and that one pillar is called the world pillar. The pillar that holds the world. That one pillar that was going to be destroyed is the only thing that sought after. That one pillar is far different looking and thicker than all the other pillars. I thought when people said Atlas had help, I thought it was because Kratos chained Atlas to the rock. We have no knowledge of how Kratos got to Norse mythology...especially since god of war 4 shows the travel between realms. For all we know Kratos found a portal and hopped in.

#34 Posted by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire:

‘Does Whitebeard use blunt trauma to cause his Earthquakes?’

No, he sends out shockwaves through the air.

‘He does tank Baldurs punches, which cause Shockwaves also and is mountain level+ in striking’

When were Baldur’s punches shown to be mountain level? The only area where you could even argue either had this type of strength was when the two were grappling and it opened up a fissure in the earth but even then it wasn’t mountain level and it was lifting strength.

‘I do agree with this tbh, though im still pretty sure he took atleast some damage from the Titans punch, I think Poseidon is better suited for a support role.’

It was mainly his water form which took the damage, he himself was protected though the force of the punch could have dazed him. The point of the punch was to launch Kratos through the avatar to get to Poseidon.

‘But tbf old Kratos is shown to be Earthquake level in his fight with Baldur’

Are you referring to the their grapple?

‘It caused large cracks that traveled a km+ in seconds and sent a being that dwarfed houses flying 100s of meters, pretty impressive. The way I see the quake, its his blunt force traveling through the ground through the cracks it causes, which obviously dont behave like a regular Earthquake anyway.’

Are we thinking of the same thing during the flashback? Because I don’t recall it traveling km at all, he wasn’t close to Hades but we wasn’t miles away either, a few hundred metres at most from what it looked like. Even still Hades isn’t receiving the full force of the attack, he’s just getting flung back from the tremors which isn’t that impressive of a durability feat as you just need to tank the fall.

This says nothing of his ability to take Whitebeard’s quakes which split islands in half and cause tsunami’s miles away on othmer islands and hey can feel the tremors. Unlike Atlas the force of his quakes are directed through the air towards his target so they take them force of it. He can even evelop their heads in a quake bubble dealing focused damage to their brain though that isn’t needed here.

#35 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwizzard17: Indeed the wank is super strong ‘they lol no sell all Whitebeards attacks’ amusing notion which you haven’t and can’t prove because the durability feats needed for that don’t exist for them unless you want to consult GoW fan-fiction especially for Poseidon and Hades.

#36 Posted by God_Above (227 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: you haven't even proven his strength is capable enough to scratch a God especially in their true forms. I'll give you enough proof for this debate, only if your able to give me some solid evidence as to how whitebeard solos any of the three here otherwise it's just wank.

#38 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwizzard17: Oh look the stupid ‘because they’re a god’ argument returns again, one would have thought you’d have learned by now to forgo this folly.

His quakes split islands in half and cause tremors and tsunamis km away on other islands, neither Hades nor Poseidon have taken an attack like that so the argument for them not getting one-shotted is nonexistent.

#39 Posted by LUFFYISKING (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Massive mismatch Whitebeard solos the verse.

#40 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: "No, he sends out shockwaves through the air."

Alright thanks for letting me know.

"When were Baldur’s punches shown to be mountain level? The only area where you could even argue either had this type of strength was when the two were grappling and it opened up a fissure in the earth but even then it wasn’t mountain level and it was lifting strength."

Shaking the World Serpent. We never see the full extent of its size, if the myth is true its long enough to circle midgard, il assume its smaller, but its still atleast Mountain+ in size.

"It was mainly his water form which took the damage, he himself was protected though the force of the punch could have dazed him. The point of the punch was to launch Kratos through the avatar to get to Poseidon."

Alright I agree with that.

"Are we thinking of the same thing during the flashback? Because I don’t recall it traveling km at all, he wasn’t close to Hades but we wasn’t miles away either, a few hundred metres at most from what it looked like. Even still Hades isn’t receiving the full force of the attack, he’s just getting flung back from the tremors which isn’t that impressive of a durability feat as you just need to tank the fall."

Atlas was similar in size to Cronos, and he was atleast something like one or two of his entire body lengths away from Hades from what I can tell, so it should be something like a km+.

Btw dint the crack explode on contact when it hit Hades? You can definetly see the crack hit him so it's more than tremors.

"This says nothing of his ability to take Whitebeard’s quakes which split islands in half and cause tsunami’s miles away on othmer islands and hey can feel the tremors. Unlike Atlas the force of his quakes are directed through the air towards his target so they take them force of it. He can even evelop their heads in a quake bubble dealing focused damage to their brain though that isn’t needed here."

Interesting, thanks for letting them know.

Btw I dont back the Gods in this fight, just trying to get practice for debating mostly.

Avatar image for theoneabove-you
#41 Posted by TheOneAbove-You (20 posts) - - Show Bio

God of War because Hades can steal Whitebeard soul.

#42 Posted by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwizzard17: Oh look the stupid ‘because they’re a god’ argument returns again, one would have thought you’d have learned by now to forgo this folly.

His quakes split islands in half and cause tremors and tsunamis km away on other islands, neither Hades nor Poseidon have taken an attack like that so the argument for them not getting one-shotted is nonexistent.

Loading Video...

Hades takes the quake of Atlas, one if the strongest and largest titans. Not only that but the sheer size of Hades and Poseidon absolutely shred whitebeard in comparison not to mention an AOE attack from Poseidon (lightning) as well as soul ripping from Hades (which is overkill) are are factors you have to consider.

#43 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#44 Posted by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwizzard17: Literally nothing you’ve shown or said explains why they don’t get one-shotted by a quake.

Edward also hasn’t had issues one-shotting beings who dwarf Hades in size either so size means nothing here. That isn’t even a factor because once again, Poseidon has no durability feats to suggest he won’t get one-shotted and that Atlas quake didn’t deal close to the damage Whitebeard’s quakes do, so no go for that comparison and Edward still ones-shots.

#45 Edited by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie:

They aren't getting hit. This is Marineford Whitebeard(not that it makes a difference he gets one shot in any age)who was on life support.

The fact that they were at a war with 1,000+ feet titans that throw mountain size rocks and had powers of that to primordials who durability and attack FAR above white beards little "Island" splitting attack. Hades can soul RIP whitebeard who has no answer for that, can regenerate, is agile enough to leap over titans and controls shadows for attacks that one shot even Kratos.

Poseidon is able to one shot a titan driving into him in his mortal appearance, he can control massive bodies of water, essentially every ocean and can form a water form to protect, attack and grow big enough to do an electric AOE attack which white bears has no answer for. He can also summing creators capable of stomping a full power punch from a titan who makes mount Olympus (the tallest mountain in god of war) sake from climbing. Whitebeard dies, your argument is that of a childs just because there is no showing of these guys tanking a small island splitting attack doesn't mean they die from it. Hell kratos survived the eruption of a volcano that SANK the city of Atlantis.

#46 Edited by SocaJunkie (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwizzard17:

‘They aren't getting hit.’

Because?

‘This is Marineford Whitebeard(not that it makes a difference he gets one shot in any age)who was on life support.’

Ya nice try. He still split Marineford in half, beat an Admiral, was one-shotting Vice Admirals and while half dead, beat a guy who could negate his Devil Fruit.

Pretty bad attempt to mislead people who don’t know the verse and wouldn’t know that the life support isn’t relevant at all. Most of his feats occur during when he’s on life support so this was a rather dumb point for you to bring up.

‘The fact that they were at a war with 1,000+ feet titans that throw mountainside rocks and had powers of that to primordials sho durability and attack FAR above white beards little "Island" splitting attack.’

All I’m seeing is sad conjecture. What I’m asking is simple: give me durability feats for them proving they can take island splitting attacks. You can’t though because those feats don’t exist, quite the contrary actually since what they’ve been harmed by is far less than Whitebeard’s DC. But do go on and explain why throwing rocks shows they’re too much for Edward.

‘Hades can soul RIP whitebeard who has no answer for that, can regenerate, is agile enough to leap over titans and controllers shadows for attacks that one shot even Kratos.’

Hades gets one-shotted by a quake, he has no durability feats to withstand one. I’m not arguing he doesn’t have the means to beat Edward with soul stealing, I’m saying he won’t get the chance to.

‘Poseidon is able to one shot a titan driving into him in his mortal appearance’

We’ve debated before about the topic of gods, Titans and how easy they are to harm or kill relatively speaking. I’m not sure why you’ve brought this up as something to impress me when I’ve in the past quite unambiguously explained why Poseidon one-shotting that Titan is more of a pathetic showing of durability than it is a power showing. Here I’ll explain again for you: Poseidon wasn’t falling at mach speeds or anything that fast even and it was still enough to one-shot that Titan. It’s not impressive, those Titans based on that would be utter fodder in One Piece.

‘he can control massive bodies of water, essentially every ocean and can form a water form to protect, attack and grow big enough to do an electric AOE attack which white bears has no answer for. He can also summing creators capable of stomping a full power punch from a titan who makes mount Olympus (the tallest mountain in god of war) sake from climbing. Whitebeard dies, your argument is that of a childs just because there is no showing of these guys tanking a small island splitting attack doesn't mean they die from it. Hell kratos survived the eruption of a volcano that SANK the city of Atlantis.

There’s a lot to cover from this drivel but the most striking asinine point is this: ‘just because there is no showing of these guys tanking a small island splitting attack doesn't mean they die from it’

Uh yes it really does mean that, what you’re essentially doing is acknowledging logic and dismissing it. Neither Hades nor Poseidon have taken anything equivalent to Whitebeard’s DC and they’ve been shown to get hurt by far less...so they die. Why are you pretending this doesn’t make sense? Additionally they have a bunch of powers but this means little when they have no defence for Whitebeard’s first attack. As for Kratos, his showings against shockwaves are sub-par so he gets done in as well.

#47 Posted by Lan_Fan (18595 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward one-shots them.

#48 Posted by maxxcveiler (1051 posts) - - Show Bio

one quake to their general direction and it's over

#49 Posted by Hypnos0929 (7048 posts) - - Show Bio

Poseidon solos. After his death we saw his real strength when all the water rose. If he was holding down miles of water, while fighting Kratos and two titans, he should be able to simply let go and kill WB. Alternatively if Poseidon dies the water still rises and WB still dies.

#50 Edited by BlackWizzard17 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie:

You still never answered how whitebeard is going to deal with Hades ripping his soul out or Poseidon one shotting with an electric AOE attack capable of bringing down one of the biggest and strongest Titans in one shot. Whitebeard in Marine ford couldn't even one shot some fodder soldiers, just sent them flying and you expect Hades Poseidon and Kratos to be hit or taken down so easily? He couldn't even kill an admiral at full force and they're suppose to be fazed by his attacks. Yeah he took down some giants but thast nothing compared to the titans taken down by These three.

Poseidon's sized mixed with strong aoe damage one shot Whitebeard without being fazed. "Whitebeard quakes split an island and cause tsunami around" how cute, Poseidon controls all bodies of water and easily drowns Whitebeard rendering his devil fruit ability useless.

Hades in full size all stomps via soul ripping, much stronger strength, necromancy and much more.

Kratos is agile enough and equipped will a full arsenal capable of dealling with whitebeard himself. He has taken down Titans larger than Giants in one piece, he is quick around areas even in the process of destruction and carries the Blade Of Olympus which can one shot WB just like Cronos.