#1 Posted by onsipin (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Which X-Men can beat Black Bolt 1 on 1?

round 1: Characters are in-character

round 2: characters are bloodlusted

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#2 Edited by LordOfFate (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the high end Telepaths/Telekinesis, Magneto, Magik, Iceman...maybe Polaris, Dazzler, Bishop, Longshot and full goddess mode Storm.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#3 Posted by SupremeGeneration (8772 posts) - - Show Bio

A serious Iceman

#4 Posted by del_torro (2907 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by LordOfFate (1347 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by onsipin (213 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by del_torro (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt has TP resistance, but high level telepathy can take him down.

for non telepaths to beat him they'd need stuff like high level durability, intangibility, super speed, super strength, telekinesis, energy blasts or long range attacks, powerful shields.

stuff like that

#8 Posted by onsipin (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: i don't know if the people mentioned aside from IceMan could survive a scream from BB though? And dazzler only managed to take her out because he was caught unaware didn't she? How does Long Shot beat him?

#9 Posted by Amberprice (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

There's so many, lol. Jean Grey, Magik, Storm, Iceman, etc. to name a few

#10 Posted by del_torro (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@onsipin: well, going over the list

Magneto has powerful shields and can react fast enough to cast it, plus manipulation of iron in blackbolts blood or electricity in his brain to prevent him from attacking.

Bishop is an energy absorber. he would probably be overloaded and die. but a powerful energy absorber could probably deal with him well.

Polaris, similar to magneto in controlling electricity and metal in blackbolts body to prevent him from using his powers or knocking him out. I don't think her shields are powerful enough to take a scream from him, so she'd have to take him out before he resorts to that.

Longshot: lol luck. but yeah he seriously can't put blackbolt. unless he gets lucky.

#11 Edited by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

well if @del_torro is accurate about high-level telepaths being able to bypass his defenses, then i'd say any of the omega-level telepaths (including exodus) could take him down. The telekinetics could also beat him if they do instant-killing moves, but in an actual drawn out battle probably only Nate and Cable (full powered) and Exodus could take him. I guess Magneto could use the fork on his head to gouge his eyes out to end it fast lol but in general I feel Magneto's shield could take his scream. Magik certainly has the power to put him down but I dunno if she is fast enough to react to him. Wolverine also takes him down via plot shied. I don't think Dazzler or Bishop could handle his full power. If bobby can survive his attacks then he could probably beat BB too. The girl who controls time (I think her name is Eva) could also beat him I think since she can just stop time and then stab him or something. I could see an argument being made for Storm but I think she falls just a bit short of being able to take him

#12 Posted by P00TY (5745 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordoffate: You specifically said FULL GODDESS Storm.

What has full goddess Storm done that allows her to beat BB? Has she gotten more durable etc?

#13 Edited by FirstFirmament (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people already said the obvious X-Men, if he counts, Phoenix Cyclops, the Evan when he’s older, I guess.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#14 Posted by Simon_the_digger (6195 posts) - - Show Bio

Only omega level mutants can beat him.

#15 Edited by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@simon_the_digger: there are people who are stronger than Omega-level mutants though, or have powers that could get the job done. Like Exodus and Magneto have never been confirmed to be an omega-level mutants (from what I know) but they are more powerful than Rachel and Quentin Quire who are omega-level mutants. Eva Bell (Tempus) isn't an Omega-level mutant either but she can stop time and kill BB

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#16 Posted by _KingofLatveria (16127 posts) - - Show Bio

There's so many, lol. Jean Grey, Magik, Storm, Iceman, etc. to name a few

???

#17 Posted by Simon_the_digger (6195 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Meh true, The Midnight King is a walking hyperbole, it's stated he could manipulate every electron in every atom in a person's body and also being able to transmute someone. I've yet to see that. But he has decent TP resistance and energy manipulation feats. I'm not sure if Magneto can beat him.

#18 Posted by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@simon_the_digger: you mentioned decent TP resistance, do you think the top-tier telepaths could take him down?

#19 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17416 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the high end Telepaths/Telekinesis, Magneto, Magik, Iceman...maybe Polaris, Dazzler, Bishop, Longshot and full goddess mode Storm.

#20 Posted by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: could dazzler and bishop really handle his full power? Isn't his scream supposed to be some super powerful shit

#21 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17416 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: could dazzler and bishop really handle his full power? Isn't his scream supposed to be some super powerful shit

I don't think they can.

#22 Posted by del_torro (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

hasn't dazzler absorbed his screams on two different occasions? Hasn't she absorbed the sounds of a galaxy (or was she asked then)

#23 Edited by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: i only know of the one in IvX and if i recall she was pushed to her limits and BB was caught surprised? I could be wrong though since I don't recall the scene too well. Do you know where it happened? So i can check it out haha

well it doesn't seem like he put much effort into it and she says in the next panel it's starting to hurt, so I don't think she could take it if BB was actually trying. As for the galaxy thing, I don't know what that is haha

No Caption Provided

#24 Posted by haoalchemist (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee

#25 Posted by Noone1996 (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently, through horrible enough writing, Emma Frost. Jabbed his throat to stop him from screaming and punched a hole through him on a separate occasion.

#26 Posted by del_torro (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: I think she was super by galactus in that case, so it doesn't count.

#27 Posted by RabumAlal (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m starting to think Marvel doesn’t want BB to be high tier anymore and just have his voice which isn’t very destructive at all anymore. He used to be able to beat the Hulk, now his screams destroy large buildings at best. Many mutants can take him.

#28 Edited by del_torro (2907 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Fetts (6071 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey, Wolverine if the environment affords him stealth, Cable, Emma Frost, Psylocke, and Darwin (I think).

#30 Edited by PyroFN (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

I will put my stake in with Jean Grey.

All things considered there are three different occasions where Jean met up with Black Bolts powers. First, it doesn’t necessarily count, but we can come up with a hypothetical scenario by virtue of your most curious question: His scream.

•Uncanny X-Men: First Class #2

Here we have a Phoenix Jean Grey. While Phoenix is considered massively more powerful than regular Jean, it should be noted at this point in time, she still was quite new to her abilities, to where there were clear limits. Anyways, the power isn’t what I’m gonna focus on. It’s this question:

Can Jeans telekinesis affect Black Bolts scream? Phoenix answers that question by virtue of Scott’s plan involving her and Black Bolt. With an avalanche threatening to engulf Attilan, Phoenix must funnel his scream to keep the avalanche the focus while simultaneously protecting the city. This ends up working and it taxes Phoenix Jean (Whom I repeat is still NEW to her abilities). So in a hypothetical scenario, Jean can not only block his scream, she can redirect it the same way Phoenix did.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/FCBtrRVGLiJLCosSkAgcwvsNobgMVh1w-3rBAan54AYJSx3Hg51wXkFXDX39qLmUKjiBIZE2dNlx=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/DcIbE9eKMIQhhLlghG_xjvWhoZjV0bEazgbKOVbMQalrO95WsXdSBhiDn7Jc2Yd3QmSaECyKYkH5=s1600

•The second instance was a regular Marvel Girl from X-Factor. (Calling @del_torro for reference, pleeeeeeaaaase???) Jeans telekinesis is quick enough to block the energy beam from Black Bolts tiara thing to protect Cyclops.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0S2G8T-DftE2VeuJojwQWY00ycxMyOYM4dTy-2CXGrNl1PzUcSg

•We know that Emma already passed his defenses in Death of X, and Jean ranks higher on the telepathic food-chain comparably.

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/blackbolt-kills-cyclops-3.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff516/Henchman4Hire/Henchman4Hire039/Cyclops%20Right%2003.jpg

And this is made clear in the end that it was all Emma’s illusion of Scott that affected everyone on the planet, including Black Bolt, and then again on the Royals on Muir Island, especially Black Bolt.

http://neoncinemas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Death-of-X-4-Inhumans-vs-X-Men-ResurrXion-Marvel-Now-2016-spoilers-3.jpg

•And the final nail on the coffin, X-Men: Red Annual #1. Jean fights Black Bolt. She manages to stand her ground against his Earth tremor stomp, blocks a punch effortlessly with her telekinesis, and for the most part, drags him into her head while multitasking said telepathy on her friends, her daughter whom is an omega level mutant herself (and a telepath no less), and on the random bystander she scolded earlier in the issue. I’m also entirely unsure about the scan where she explains the Phoenix and her powers, but it kind of looks like she is using her telekinesis to hold his wrist, but I can’t tell, so take this last sentence with a grain of salt. Here are her telekinetic pieces of the fight:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tm77UDSV5yA/Ww9TJuYVrjI/AAAAAAAAJVU/oFYPmMdTHrswh9_EjmwFckFGlxpNhmDGQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO020.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JijI_M8IhxE/Ww9TJ88tBfI/AAAAAAAAJVY/BxkkRObY-j4vRkbZ4N5_FlgeQ_kL63z5ACHMYCw/s1600/RCO021.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lJFmNGXH-cg/Ww9TK2rTxzI/AAAAAAAAJVg/ubep3aOzB-8nZ5havFl-fEEXY3krqn-uQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO022.jpg

And here is the telepathic part of the conversation:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EoHB3cYDQpE/Ww9TMkvD2BI/AAAAAAAAJVw/u5K-GF9BC1MzVSxDZXAtZryarIZBqA9DACHMYCw/s1600/RCO024.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EVQMonle1Uw/Ww9TNDo5-vI/AAAAAAAAJV4/o6uJ4X_S_vQ3bNmqeGgsu-2xVoM3TCNgwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO025.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qbA0ojt_1Io/Ww9TNin6REI/AAAAAAAAJWA/QwgD91Mot9AV-OQBD7Npzk9bmGAcio2aQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO026.jpg

So, as my conclusion, Jean Grey is a sure counter to every single one of Black Bolts abilities.

Edit: Also, make note that before Black Bolt attempts to punch Rachel, we see him brimming with his particle and electron energy, so I’m making a guess that he is amping himself in that instance.

#31 Posted by del_torro (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

well, uncanny X-men First Class Jean was straining from holding back billions of tons of rocks already before she had to channel his voice.

X-factor annual #2,where jean shields Scott from black bolt, and catches quicksilver twice

#32 Edited by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: thanks! will check that Dazzler issue later

@pyrofn tiara thing lol! I call it the fork on his head

#33 Edited by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: i don't think the environment matters as BB can level the entire area with his scream, in terms of wolverine taking advantage of stealth

#34 Edited by Toratorn (4651 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Namor. He had shown to be capable of trading blows with BB and survived his scream while being weakened, so he can pull off a win if properly hydrated.

#35 Posted by Simon_the_digger (6195 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Eventually sure, can they live long enough to do it. I dunno

#36 Posted by Fetts (6071 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Well, yes, but if he's in character he might not choose to do so.

#37 Posted by marvelfan1992 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: well he'll probably do that in the bloodlusted round at least

#38 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost punches yet another hole threw his chest

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#39 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of them can.