Which Verse Is Lowballed More?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Verse Is Lowballed More? (58 votes)

Nolan Batman characters 16%
Bleach Characters 40%
Jessica Jones 5%

its between avatar & nolan batman chars imo

• 
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Avatar. They have comic peak human stats if not superhuman, and they have H2H skills on par with the good street levelers like Daredevil and Nightwing. and the bending is just ridiculously powerful yet people act like any street leveler can dodge every attack and out pace them.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica Jones can be calced to like a 10 tonner, if you wanna push it, I think so idk maybe her

Bleach and Avatar deserve the crap they get

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have comic peak human stats if not superhuman, and they have H2H skills on par with the good street levelers like Daredevil and Nightwing.

>peak human comparable to Daredevil Nightwing

Damn you better hope Chime doesn't see this

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MCU Jessica Jones is pretty underrated. 616 Jessica Jones gets a pretty decent & fair rep as far as I'm concerned though.

Avatar verse is over and underrated in equal parts. Comparing them in H2H with most comic street levelers is totally unwarranted though. Although I do think Ty Lee's skillset in particular gets underestimated.

Nolan characters are severely overrated if anything, in my opinion. There used to be a (well-founded) understanding that it was an unimpressive verse but that trend has been reversing for no apparent reason as far as I can tell. I don't think people realize sometimes that you are allowed to like a character without thinking they win most battle matchups. Like everyone knows the Nolan movies are awesome, there is nothing to prove lol.

Bleachfans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol bleach definitely wanked more than lowball

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar doesn’t even have any battles here and the characters there ar mostly fodder by CV standards so it’s not really lowball.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach is pretty consistently low-balled, a feat that is accepted in other verses generally get's disregarded when it's from Bleach. Haven't really seen any Avatar threads though tbh.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar for me. I don't think they're lightning timers or anything but the series does have some decent speed feats(Zuko chopping an arrow shot at his back comes to mind). I think the main problem is that even though their stats are around most street level characters(save the high end ones of course) the more powerful characters in the verse such as the Avatars possess bending on an insane scale and as such can't be put against people with similar stats. The Avatar State is the biggest offender(the Comet Amp to a degree is as well) of this as Avatars have done some insane things with it.

I don't think it's the most lowballed verse on the site, but I do see a common belief that characters in it are peak irl human, which isn't true at all considering as I've said, there is literally an instance of someone reacting to an arrow fired behind him easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b60e7cb512
deactivated-5c0b60e7cb512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dragon ball as people don't understand that saiyans do not have limits but still they say that goku loses to many characters

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach characters are mid-tier at best.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach characters are mid-tier at best.

highballing

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 morpheus_  Moderator

ATLA is overrated, especially Azula because of her cultists. It's approaching Storm level.

Nolan's Batman has become a meme, and I don't think many people really care about JJ or related characters to lowball them, or otherwise.

No idea about Bleach.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto is wanked a lot. There are fanboys who think he's actually MHS+ and country level, kek.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baleman is the most lowballed character on vine, period.

Speed: He dodges bullets from automatic rifle in a tight space with nothing to hide behind. No MCU character besides MAYBE Quicksilver could repeat this and yet people ignore or lowball this feat, acting as if he's slow just based on Bale's performace.

Skill: Is called best student of Ras ever, beats several LoS ninjas in H2H, beats Bane and Ras Al Ghul, beats more then 10 highly trained assassins surrounding him from all sides with guns without being tagged once. MCU Cap has no skill feats of this caliber. I mean during elevator fight he was tagged like 10 times. If he's opponents had guns not tasers he'd be dead.

Strength: Matched Bane who can shatter concrete. Kicks through a brick wall. Jumps on a car from several stories and crushes it with his legs. And people act as if he's not superhuman in strength.

Durability: Falls from a skyscrapper and is fine. Survives a huge explosion of Ras's mansion. Survives several multi story falls without serious injury. Is getting shot at many times and never has a bullet wound (armor durability feat)

Intellect and strategy:

He's a legit, universal genius. He created a sonar with city+ range using private cells behind Fox's back and writed a hovercraft autopilot in a spare time between being chased by cops and fightimg Bane. He is a strategy genius too. He outsmarts Scarecrow, Ras and even Joker, he can fight two SWAT teams while protecting them from fake doctors and saving hostages at the same time without killing anyone and getting tagged.

Weapons: Has a huge arsenal of weapons that are one-shot scenario for most street levels. Smoke pallets + sleeping darts combo. Minibombs and batarangs, EMP gun (one shot for high tech users), and several vehicles who could run over entire street level teams like batmobile and the bat.

He could easily bust 70% of the MCU Avengers SOLO in a proper CaV, but yeah, according to most CV users, he loses to shitheads like Batroc, big time.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach, once you have people saying Ichigo’s best feat is cutting a hill, you know it’s peaked.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Live Action in general is overrated as hell. Granted there are a bunch of particular characters that are being underrated (Jessica, SHIELD agents, Wonder Woman, Vision, the Black Order) but that pales in comparison to how oversold characters of every tier are: Superman, Thor, Captain America, Green Arrow, the Defenders, the Hulk. Basically all the popular names. As far as 616 Jessica is concerned, I just think she's one of those characters most people don't care about, which can easily lead to lowballing.

The Nolan Trilogy is something else. I'd say it used to be underrated, then a couple of people came and it all went downhill. As other have said, it's a meme right now.

The Avatarverse is most often underrated, as hell. People complain about "lightning timing" and "Daredevil lvl hand to hand" arguments - I haven't seen more than 2 people arguing that. Fact of the matter is, the more powerful benders' powersets are OP, and high street at worst, and their speed is on par with comicbook characters, so Batman cannot "blitz with a batarang". Regarding non-benders, people underestimate just how skilled martial artists and marksmen there are in A:TLA. If nothing else, they're better than people are giving them credit for. If I'm being honest, complaining about this universe in particular is rather ignorant, considering the gross gap in under and overestimation of their abilities. Like, people genuinely believe 616 Captain America would defeat Aang in the Avatar State. If that's your definition of overrated, I don't know what to say.

I never watched Bleach.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto is wanked a lot. There are fanboys who think he's actually MHS+ and country level, kek.

who’re you and why are you on streak’s pc?

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ourmanuel

Bleach by far.

seireitei is city sized and the best DC feat in the verse is apparently mountain+

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619 said:

who’re you and why are you on streak’s pc?

lel

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach is the most lowballed and highballed on CV. The wankers claim island+ lanza, and the lowballers claim multicityblock fragor.

It's bad. It really is.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar by very, very far, people either claim any comic street leveler would clear the verse or make intentional spite threads.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar character get lowballed the most out of these four but i do not think they are the most lowballed period.

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely avatar verse, I was surprised to find out that avatar characters were being put against street level characters that's just wrong.

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crimson-Feather

I have seen it often with Nolan Batman's verse somewhere else, but here have i seen it quite a lot with the avatar verse.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By King-Ragnar

Avatar characters are more over hyped than lowballed. You also can't lowball characters who don't have showings to match the hype they get. Avatar characters don't have the speed nor the skill to keep up with virtually any mid to high street leveler (Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Deathstroke etc).

Also lol at them having hand to hand combat skill on par with Daredevil and Nightwing? "Lowballed".

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gunchar16

Avatar characters couldn't even beat the weakest versions of Harley Quinn according to Comicvine logic, they are easily the most lowballed in this list. My god they even get obviously lowballed in this very thread, couldn't even beat mid street tier characters my ass.

That Batman is a meme, Jessica Jones gets not that much lowballed anymore and Bleach gets either lowballed or highballed.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gunchar16:

couldn't even beat mid street tier characters my ass.

The least you could've done is tag me if you're going to laugh at my statement .

I'll CaV you (or anyone else of that matter) using any of the characters below :

Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Deathstroke etc

Versus any 3 -5 avatar characters of your choosing (Excluding Avatar States). That good enough for you?

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar by very, very far, people either claim any comic street leveler would clear the verse or make intentional spite threads.

This and someone literally just made a spite thread...