Which The Vampire Diaries / The Originals characters that MCU Luke Cage can beat?

• 115 results
HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can probably take out some wolves in human form and MAYBE some really inexperienced baby vamps. Any seasoned new vampire is going to be a problem and any vampire over 50 is going to slaughter him via dismembering or neck snap. The older they are the less likely he's going to survive. Speed is a whole other problem here as well.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: Nice. But I don't think he will necessarily be unharmed from a punch from these vampires based on shockwave or no shockwave. The special effects don't even have the vampires breaking the sound barrier, but based on feats, they do so constantly. Since these are different shows with different editing preferences, I don't think we can base durability solely on that.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@hulkbusterx9: Nice. But I don't think he will necessarily be unharmed from a punch from these vampires based on shockwave or no shockwave. The special effects don't even have the vampires breaking the sound barrier, but based on feats, they do so constantly. Since these are different shows with different editing preferences, I don't think we can base durability solely on that.

Fair point. But he also stopped a car with his body just by tensing up. Do you think they could do more damage than that?

The clip isn't showing up for me. But yeah, they should be able to overcome that. They move a lot faster than that car is moving, and (originals) have the strength to lift a car. Combine that with much more concentrated force and boom.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: Oh cool. Well from the way he's positioned, and the fact that he came out of nowhere, it looks like he tackled the car. My above post still applies, but even more so since he tackled it instead of just standing still.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rijehu

@hulkbuster9 Baby vampires can ragdoll humans and other vampires close in age. They can also tear through flesh and snap bone and remove organs in an instant. Vampires of over a century have tossed humans so far and fast they appeared as blurs and we're flung as if they were weightless.

Vampires like Katherine can punch through Stone and take on both Stefan and Damon simultaneously.

Elijah has lifted a trailer and stomped a crater in the ground beneath his feat. He and Rebekah have both tanked explosions and Klaus as well as a few other vampires have flat out outrun them. Luke is bullet proof and can resist some damage, but he's facing guys who at base vampire levels, rival or surpass his physical abilties. Snapping his spine or neck is not relative to peircing durability. It only takes a quick jolting of the head beyond it's intended rotation. Vamps are way too fast and way too strong for him to take this. Especially considering what he's had trouble with.

And since werewolves in wolf form are stronger than any non original vampire (even ancient ones) and evolved wolves are even stronger than regular wolves, who can kill Vampire of 500+, Luke likely isn't making it past them.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By assemblesquad

@rijehu: Can the vampires knock down a reinforced bunker door than the Dosed up Bushmaster? Luke was able to tank many hits from him.

No Caption Provided

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Can the vampires knock down down a reinforced bunker door than the Dosed up Bushmaster? Luke was able to tank many hits from him.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HulkBusterx9

@rijehu said:

@hulkbuster9 Baby vampires can ragdoll humans and other vampires close in age. They can also tear through flesh and snap bone and remove organs in an instant. Vampires of over a century have tossed humans so far and fast they appeared as blurs and we're flung as if they were weightless.

Vampires like Katherine can punch through Stone and take on both Stefan and Damon simultaneously.

Elijah has lifted a trailer and stomped a crater in the ground beneath his feat. He and Rebekah have both tanked explosions and Klaus as well as a few other vampires have flat out outrun them. Luke is bullet proof and can resist some damage, but he's facing guys who at base vampire levels, rival or surpass his physical abilties. Snapping his spine or neck is not relative to peircing durability. It only takes a quick jolting of the head beyond it's intended rotation. Vamps are way too fast and way too strong for him to take this. Especially considering what he's had trouble with.

And since werewolves in wolf form are stronger than any non original vampire (even ancient ones) and evolved wolves are even stronger than regular wolves, who can kill Vampire of 500+, Luke likely isn't making it past them.

Can they throw a tire 50 feet? Can they stop a speeding SUV with their body? Can they deliver the 400 pounds of force necessary to knock someone out with a light tap? The vamps don't have the output necessary to put Luke down. Them trying to beak his neck will be like trying to break reinforced steel. Luke has flat out much better strength and durability feats. If they punch him it will be like punching a 10 inch steel plate. They will shatter their arm. Luke was taking multiple hits from Bushmaster, who was able to leave very large dents a very thick metal door.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: I'm not sure, but Electra didn't and she was capable of hurting him from what I've heard. Again seeing as to how they can stomp craters and tear apart metals, or bypass blunt force and go for kill shots, he still isn't taking the win. Vamls have too many perks that only get greater with age. Heck we know that even when an Original organ are torn out, they grow back. Durabilty and regeneration is also not helping him.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@hulkbusterx9: I'm not sure, but Electra didn't and she was capable of hurting him from what I've heard. Again seeing as to how they can stomp craters and tear apart metals, or bypass blunt force and go for kill shots, he still isn't taking the win. Vamls have too many perks that only get greater with age. Heck we know that even when an Original organ are torn out, they grow back. Durabilty and regeneration is also not helping him.

They just can't bypass his durability. His strength and durability is just beyond what they can hope to defeat. He can physically overpower any vamp from TVD. Elektra never hurt him while he was at his best. The only way they are winning is through plot armor.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: Nah he got KO,d by her with a kick. Vampires decimate him. And what do you mean his "best"??? Why is is that when someone gets defeated, it always had to be a matter of them being weakned? Why can't someone just be better?

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HulkBusterx9

@rijehu said:

@hulkbusterx9: Nah he got KO,d by her with a kick. Vampires decimate him. And what do you mean his "best"??? Why is is that when someone gets defeated, it always had to be a matter of them being weakned? Why can't someone just be better?

He got KO'd while he had been drugged moments before. I meant at his best as in in good condition (not physically hurt, weakened ect). Luke can take multiple punches from double amped Bushmaster while at his best.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By assemblesquad

@hulkbusterx9: Don't forget about that feat shows that Luke's hands can withstand an Iron Fist punch which sends everyone and the furnitures flying. I don't know if the Originals can do that.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HulkBusterx9

Don't forget, Luke's hands can withstand an Iron Fist punch which sends everyone and the furnitures flying. I don't know if the Originals can do that.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His durability doesn't equate to his neck being unbreakable. The Originals are extremely durable yet get their neck snapped. It's disrupting the joint, not overcoming durability. Luke simply does not have the speed to keep up nor the damage output to put them down before the reverse. A simple blitz neck snap, which they do often, would end it. That applies to most vampires and maybe some experienced wolves. Powerful witches straight up stomp.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

His durability doesn't equate to his neck being unbreakable. The Originals are extremely durable yet get their neck snapped. It's disrupting the joint, not overcoming durability. Luke simply does not have the speed to keep up nor the damage output to put them down before the reverse. A simple blitz neck snap, which they do often, would end it. That applies to most vampires and maybe some experienced wolves. Powerful witches straight up stomp.

''Disrupting the joint'' no, it's when the vertebrae fracture or break https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-a-broken-neck-297271. Luke's bones were holding up when being punched by someone that was leaving huge dents in big metal doors. It's either a stalemate or Luke victory when he fights the vamps and wolves.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

''Disrupting the joint'' no, it's when the vertebrae fracture or break https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-a-broken-neck-297271. Luke's bones were holding up when being punched by someone that was leaving huge dents in big metal doors. It's either a stalemate or Luke victory when he fights the vamps and wolves.

I'll look into it, but the point remains that it's much easier to snap a neck than it is to break an arm or something. The Originals repeatedly hit each other with incredible strength, but fail to break a bone. Luke very well may not be able to touch them (I'm gonna need combat speed feats if you disagree.)

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc

Luke very well may not be able to touch them (I'm gonna need combat speed feats if you disagree.)

That's why I said stalemate or Luke wins.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc

Luke very well may not be able to touch them (I'm gonna need combat speed feats if you disagree.)

Then how does Luke win? You don't think he will go down after say a hundred hits? I've never seen the show, but his durability doesn't look that good.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@hulkbusterx9 said:

@boc

Then how does Luke win? You don't think he will go down after say a hundred hits? I've never seen the show, but his durability doesn't look that good.

Sorry that the gifs are so big. I would put them in a spoiler block, but for some reason they don't show up. He has the durability to last a very long time, and his strength is more than any original. An Iron Fist can do this:

This is what happened when he punched it him in the chest:

Can an original replicate this:

Can an Original surpass this level of strength:

If he gets them in a grapple, it's over:

His bones can tank a very large amount of attacks, and his strength is more than enough to keep up. Luke in a good fight.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By assemblesquad
HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad:

Yeah lol thanks for reminding me

No Caption Provided

@boc: I know they're fire proof, do you think they could replicate the strength feat?

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad:

Yeah lol thanks for reminding me

No Caption Provided

@boc: I know they're fire proof, do you think they could replicate the strength feat?

thats a badass feat

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: That's the thing, durabilty physically wise shouldn't depend on you state of mind or consciousness. Rebekah was KO by magic and was still supplying an infinite amount of magic to Papa Tunda because her body was indestructable, even in an unconscious state.

Klaus after being beaten and stabbed by a plethora of Marcell's vampires still slaughtered all if them. He was weakened.

Rebekah who had been locked away in a coffin for months and had not fed, wasnt at her best when she killed several members of the Strix (who are ancient) and overpowered Aya (900+) at the same time, literally right after she woke up.

Honestly the only thing that makes the feats in the Marvel Netflix universe so hyped is the special affects. But again, basic vampires have physical capabilities that match Luke. The Originals decimate. Tanking explosions bombs without being hindered can't be ignored.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: You're welcome. How can their bites (including The Originals) won't go through Luke's skin?

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: You're welcome. How can their bites (including The Originals) won't go through Luke's skin?

Because his skin actually had to have a bullet made of alien metal to pierce it, and after his second acid bath even that bullet couldn't pierce it.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu:

That's the thing, durabilty physically wise shouldn't depend on you state of mind or consciousness.

If you've just been woke up after having been gassed moments before and you're still feeling the effects, if someone with superhuman strength kicks you square in the face you're probably gonna get knocked out again. Luke can take punches and kicks from super humans like Bushmaster in the face without getting knocked out if he's in good condition to fight.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad:

Keep in mind, this bullet is made of alien metals, which are > Earth metals:

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By assemblesquad

@hulkbusterx9: I see. The bullet bounce it off of him after that. I don't if the Originals can tank that stuff. His arm was dislocated by that shotgun weapon which was made by the Hammer Tech.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad: they don't try too tank bullets, they know it won't kill or permanently damage them because they have healing factors and are immortal. Unless it's a white oak bullet or dipped in Marcels venom it won't stop them.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

Whats going on here....? Luke stomps these guys

He koes people with a finger tap, literally...

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Yeah basic vampires take gunshots and keep walking. It's not a problem for them.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@lordofallhumans: Yeah basic vampires take gunshots and keep walking. It's not a problem for them.

I find it hard to believe they will keep walking after a Judas bullet.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbusterx9: You're finding a lot of things hard to believe here. I've already mentioned feats of non Original vampires and wolves and why they already can match Luke on strength. Then I gave you feats of the Originals and how they can tank bombs and mansion level explosions unscathed.

Strength feats of originals greatly exceed every other species and Klaus is the strongest if them all. Then you have Enhanced Originals like Marcel and Lucien who can outright overpower and kill Originals. Then you have witches like Freya and Dahlia and Esther who can literally take souls from the body and create dimensions or turn Luke into a flock of birds and yall are still saying he takes this fight. I can't.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By assemblesquad

@rijehu: The witches and magicians are not feature in this thread. It's only vampire characters.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad: Reading is fundamental they say. I overlooked that and I saw Bonnie so I misjudged. Either way my reasoning still stands.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@hulkbusterx9: You're finding a lot of things hard to believe here. I've already mentioned feats of non Original vampires and wolves and why they already can match Luke on strength. Then I gave you feats of the Originals and how they can tank bombs and mansion level explosions unscathed.

Strength feats of originals greatly exceed every other species and Klaus is the strongest if them all. Then you have Enhanced Originals like Marcel and Lucien who can outright overpower and kill Originals. Then you have witches like Freya and Dahlia and Esther who can literally take souls from the body and create dimensions or turn Luke into a flock of birds and yall are still saying he takes this fight. I can't.

I already disproved your strength feats. Luke can also tank explosions. He even contained a grenade explosion in his hand. I don't doubt the witches win, but not the vamps.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

I already disproved your strength feats. Luke can also tank explosions. He even contained a grenade explosion in his hand. I don't doubt the witches win, but not the vamps.

Do you know what disproved means? What you did was show me that Luke has feats that can match. That's not the same as disproving those I presented.

Vampires still have superior speed in both reaction and combat speed, regeneration, comparable durability and strength, and experience in combat. I admit thought that after seeing his feats, Luke can take the younger vamps. But he is still having issues with Elder vampires, the originals, and the Beasts are over kill. Scaling from the fact that he can be disoriented and physically harmed by Elecktra, as well as being outmaneuvered and countered by Iron Fist without activating his power, Luke's not taking this.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:
@hulkbusterx9 said:
@rijehu said:

Do you know what disproved means? What you did was show me that Luke has feats that can match. That's not the same as disproving those I presented.

Vampires still have superior speed in both reaction and combat speed, regeneration, comparable durability and strength, and experience in combat. I admit thought that after seeing his feats, Luke can take the younger vamps. But he is still having issues with Elder vampires, the originals, and the Beasts are over kill. Scaling from the fact that he can be disoriented and physically harmed by Elecktra, as well as being outmaneuvered and countered by Iron Fist without activating his power, Luke's not taking this.

I showed you strength feats that surpass (stopping an iron fist, throwing a 400 lb tire 50 feet). Luke is durable enough to take an Iron Fist to the chest, which is >>>>>>>>>>> any feat the Originals have. He has better grip strength, and arguably a better fighter. Speed and regeneration can only keep them safe for so long. I already disproved him being harmed by Elektra. They may pose a threat to someone like Daredevil, maybe even Captain America, but not Luke.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen Luke Cage, does anyone know if he has a feat like this:

No Caption Provided

Effortlessly controlling 3.5 - 5 tons with his left arm.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically, any vampire can beat him due to speed+compulsion

gg

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:
@hulkbusterx9 said:
@rijehu said:

I showed you strength feats that surpass (stopping an iron fist, throwing a 400 lb tire 50 feet). Luke is durable enough to take an Iron Fist to the chest, which is >>>>>>>>>>> any feat the Originals have. He has better grip strength, and arguably a better fighter. Speed and regeneration can only keep them safe for so long. I already disproved him being harmed by Elektra. They may pose a threat to someone like Daredevil, maybe even Captain America, but not Luke.

And I've already explained how basic vampires have tossed humans through wooded areas. The Heretic chunked a man through several sets of trees. Proof the tire was 400 lbs? I saw the gif and it didn't look that large.

Elijah casually held up the weight of a mobile trailer, and a werewolf vastly weaker than him could lift it.

Again, Eijah stomped a crater in the ground in Beacon Hills and Klaus can tank his punches and kicks and still overpower him. Even Kol can rag doll Klaus across the room. Iron Fist punch is no more impressive than Elijah being able to cave the ground in beneath his feat. You didn't disprove anything in regards to him succumbing to blunt force. Even when weakened and disoriented or malnourished, Original Vampires have slaughtered armies of other Vampires including ancient ones. If Luke's durability is dependent upon his mental state or his "health', then that another strike against him. Even when completely KO'd by magic, Original Vampires are indestructible.

This is also me not even taking into account the Beasts or compulsion.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread...

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By assemblesquad

@boc said:

I've never seen Luke Cage, does anyone know if he has a feat like this:

Effortlessly controlling 3.5 - 5 tons with his left arm.

Luke's strength is compared to this character (Jessica Jones) who stops an elevator from falling with just a rope, one handed.

Loading Video...

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad: Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like she's struggling, and she used two hands. It's pretty dark so I might be wrong.

Also I looked it up and the average elevator weighs about 1.25 tons. With the weight of Luke and and the other dude, it would be about 1.5 tons.