Which series has the worst power scaling ?

• 117 results
Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which series has the worst power scaling ? (215 votes)

Dragonball 3%
Dragonball Z 10%
Dragonball Super 33%
Yu Yu Hakusho 2%
One Piece 3%
Naruto 4%
Naruto Shippuden 6%
Boruto 14%
Bleach 10%
Fairy Tail 10%
Seven Deadly Sins 5%

Every series has outliers and PIS feats but which series has the worst power scaling of all time ?

• 
Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Token1300

Any thoughts

Thirdeev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By power scaling do you mean in universe power scales like Power Levels in Dragon ball?

Cause if so it'd be Dragon Ball, I mean even its creator said it was made to be unreliable.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bleach probably has the most nonsensical and inconsistent power levels (that I've read).

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably fairy tail.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach probably has the most nonsensical and inconsistent power levels (that I've read).

Clorox92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fairy Tail or Seven Deadly Sins. Bleach at least pulls some numbers and statistics to support the argument meanwhile the first two heavily rely on inconsistent art style to inflate stats

TOPAZZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TOPAZZZ

DB and bleach are both terrible. 7DS is annoying too

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To this day Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball power levels make no sense to me, which is why I tend to not participate in those threads generally.

Bleach isn't that nonsensical nor inconsistent, It really wasn't that hard for me to gauge where characters stood, though scenes like Nanao truly put Bleach in a bad light.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The big thing with Dragon Ball is that we ovcasionally get feats rhat back up the idea of chaeacters being powerful. Seven Deadly Sins doesn't really have any overwhelming feats beside a realm getting destroyed, which is subjective. Naruto? Naruto has feats and hype from high end characters that are never repeated, nor are the characters seemingly written on this higher level. Why I chose them.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Mcu Black Widow scaling

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FaradaySloth

Seven Deadly Sins power level is only vague and it got abandoned months ago, but it isn't terrible.

syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By syncroniam

Dragon Ball has easily the worst and most inconsistent powerscaling system from the shonen listed here, mainly due to terribly outdated writing, inconsistent plot progression and because it was one of the classic manga that kind of started the shonen genre. All of the ''god'' transformations became worthless to random mortals right after their debut and even the potara fusions like Vegito became temporary and always lose, Super specific ruined the dragon ball powerscaling completely.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nwname  Moderator

None of those. MCU or Marvel or DC

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any body who says that bleach is above dragon ball super anime literally just hates bleach.

Dragon ball super anime is by the worst

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach, Dragonball and Fairy Tail are at this point inconsistent as fuck, but i only can wrote one. Dragonball is most accepted by the fanwank, followed by Fairy Tail, so i vote for Dragonball.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

Marvel and DC

Captain America, Batman and other street levers/enhanced consistently aren't exploded by punches from high tiers

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lsoon23

Bleach or Dragonball. The fact that a character like Vaste Lorde Ichigo can fluctuate between Island level to Planet level depending on how you powerscale really says a alot to me.

Dragonball powerscaling is mostly fanwank, like saying that characters are FTL at a powerlevel of 3560 so they use that to get quadrillions x FTL final form Frieza.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Naruto. The peak level Shinobi was the Kage; ever since War Arc and Edo Madara’s introduction, the power scaling went out of control and gotten worse ever since

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Late Shippuden/Boruto, DBS and Bleach would be top 3 for sure.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball Super takes the cake here lol. Goku and Vegeta are getting outright shredded by Buu level opponents in the manga. So stupid.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:

Dragon Ball Super takes the cake here lol. Goku and Vegeta are getting outright shredded by Buu level opponents in the manga. So stupid.

>Buu got a power up from unlocking fat Kai's memories

>Vegeta straight up stated he and Goku are more powerfull than Buu and Moro but Moro drains their energy making them weaker

DBS has a lot of power level inconsistencies but this arc has none of them, you just ignored the context and all of the dialogs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:

Don´t forget Roshi his power up, lol

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caocao said:

Roshi earned that power-up by being a cool character.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lsoon23 said:

Bleach or Dragonball. The fact that a character like Vaste Lorde Ichigo can fluctuate between Island level to Planet level depending on how you powerscale really says a alot to me.

Who the hell does this (outside of YT powerscallers and trolls)? The only reason for VL to be anywhere near planet lvl is if you take Hell Verse as canon. . . which it isn't (IIRC, Kubo himself discredited the entire movie after a creative debate with the producers).

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ovy7: cuz of people stacking bankai multipliers and using calcs, It's obviously a load of crap.

I remember seeing a video by Chuck that got Grimmjow to multi-planetary and then he started saying stuff about him possibly scaling to galaxy with the novels, spat my drink out when I heard that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
@caocao said:

Roshi earned that power-up by being a cool character.

Yeah, at least it was funny how he beat the s*** out of his enemies.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dragon Ball, and Bleach.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: it is if in the very next issue they're almost killed or koed by something exponentially less, if anything they're consistent with the inconsistencies

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ovy7

@lsoon23 said:

@ovy7: cuz of people stacking bankai multipliers and using calcs, It's obviously a load of crap.

You'll need a shit-ton of multipliers to make VL Ichigo planet lvl, and I won't even go into what kind of over-inflated calc would make VL planet lvl.

I remember seeing a video by Chuck that got Grimmjow to multi-planetary and then he started saying stuff about him possibly scaling to galaxy with the novels, spat my drink out when I heard that.

Yeah, is the Espada ranking ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The CW

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach, EOS Naruto, any DB series, SDS is weird, Black Clover is a bit weird.

It's not really a series thing Shonen in general have a scaling problem.

MrDanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ovy7 said:
@lsoon23 said:

Who the hell does this (outside of YT powerscallers and trolls)? The only reason for VL to be anywhere near planet lvl is if you take Hell Verse as canon. . . which it isn't (IIRC, Kubo himself discredited the entire movie after a creative debate with the producers).

Actually the hell , is a dimension and not a planet , a little bigger .

And its canon , its even have a manga version , so itsn ot anime only.

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SabbaVSK

Dragon Ball and its power scaling is the worst thing that ever happened to battle boards.

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with bleach power scaling

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdanzo: I'm talking about the event exclusively to the Hell Verse movie. Hell in Bleach is canon and probably so is the one-shot manga made by Kubo.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gunchar16

@lsoon23 said:

Dragonball powerscaling is mostly fanwank, like saying that characters are FTL at a powerlevel of 3560 so they use that to get quadrillions x FTL final form Frieza.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tough question. Most animes have TERRIBLY bad scaling, to the point it seems like they compete for the worst spot

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caocao said:
@azureus said:

Or transformed Kefla being weaker than Kale, the manga is just crazy.

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Token1300

^ I agree

Characters went from City+ Level to small country in 3 years with serious training, and went from small country to moon level over the next 5 years with minimum vague training. So they got a huge boost of over 300 times stronger mathematically in 5 years with no motives for training. Then only a few times stronger over the next few years training for Saiyans and Namek

Situation. See what I’m saying ? The 23rd Budokai gap and beginning of z gap is quite large. It’s natural for characters to receive boosts during timeskips but to such an extent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caocao said:
@azureus said:

Or transformed Kefla being weaker than Kale, the manga is just crazy.

Lol, i forget this xD

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron:

You seem to be forgetting the part where Moro was clowning Vegeta who was using SSG at the time. This took place prior to Moro absorbing everyone's energy. Buu with the Supreme Kai's memories awakened still doesn't even compare to the red transformation of SSG.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:

@gaoron:

You seem to be forgetting the part where Moro was clowning Vegeta who was using SSG at the time. This took place prior to Moro absorbing everyone's energy.

He was using Namek's life energy to compete with SSG Vegeta, his own stats were below SSG Vegeta.

Buu with the Supreme Kai's memories awakened still doesn't even compare to the red transformation of SSG.

Why? When was this shown or stated?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7807e5a37ee
deactivated-5e7807e5a37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Dragon ball Super for sure.

In Golden Frieza arc Kuririn is afraid of Frieza minions (at this same time Roshi beat few of them with easy). Two sagas later he can keep up with SSB Goku. WTF ?

Goku as SS Red is shaking galaxies when fighting.Later he get stronger form... and he goes down from random dude with laser.

Super Saiyans Blue went from being close to gods of destruction levels to a point where every random Minion can fight with them.

Famale saiyan who unlocke SS1 and SS2 in one day...

And many,many others.

Both Naruto and Bleach has inconsistent power levels like Sakura fighting with Madara and Kaguya and live to tell the tale or Yammy who by scaling and hype should be powerfull but have trouble with basic Zaraki and went down offscreen withou doing anything but none of this is on level of DBS.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

DBZ and DBS are both pretty bad, I picked Z because between Freeza and Buu, the Android and Cell arcs were just, attrocious uses of scaling. Bleach is alright but does occasionally get wanked pretty hard using scaling.

Naruto imo is pretty bad too. Feats in it are good but inconsistent. Getting tagged by MHS but then dodging LS attacks.. Speed bending space once but then never again from any othwr character, even ones we know to be faster... the high tiers are really all over the place, and their actual “feats” get wanked to hell and back due to guidebooks and statements.

Ex: People claiming 8 Gates Gai has country level physicals despite him never showing that to be the case.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron:

He was using Namek's life energy to compete with SSG Vegeta, his own stats were below SSG Vegeta.

That shouldn't have been a issue for SSG Vegeta regardless. Through scaling he should be able to counter far more potent forms of energy. Stats alone dictate that Vegeta should outright oneshot.

Why? When was this shown or stated?

Neither Buu or the Supreme Kai even possess enough power to be considered stronger than Top-tier DBZ characters.

Antonio_1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBS by far. Fairy Tail too. Fairy Tail is probably worse than Bleach and Naruto. One Piece is much more consistent.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBS by far. Bleach can be pretty bad depending on who is debating it, but Boruto powerscaling is kinda the same. Fairy Tail powerscaling isn't all that bad, it's just that a ton of one time amps and bad plot makes it hard to compare characters that shouldn't be that difficult to scale to eachother. These are definitely the top contenders tho.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBS and is not even close. Naruto and Bleach are also full of BS power scale sometimes making weaker characters tanking attacks from God Tiers from their respective verses for no reason at all.

SolidShadow134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dbz and dbs are the worst imo, bleach is pretty bad but most of its problems come from the fact that nobody can agree on how to interpret statements and feats( also the horrendous feat to statement ratio ), naruto is pretty ok, lots of feats, lots of statements, some hyperbole or some mistranslation here or there but it isn't hard to scale them, fairy tail is powered by plot,

but the worst one is highschool dxd